IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, too soon. I bet they will announce Whit’s next pregnancy after Carlin’s wedding.

And then Josie will get pregnant soon after so Josie and Whitney can be pregnant together. Which they will love.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, sansan said:

We went to Gatlinburg quite a few years ago and although the area was pretty, we were disappointed that it was store after store of basic tourist trinkets. I was hoping to find some regional antiques but it was just the trivial stuff. We actually left a day early.

Did you go out to the Arts & Crafts community on Glades Road?

Here's a question I posed in the Duggar forum that I think would be good here, too. If you could pick ONE Bates family member to be stuck in an elevator with. Like boom--you're stuck in an elevator and you can't control that--but the universe says okay, you can pick ONE Bates to be stuck with (and it must be a Bates or a Bates in law) who would you detest the least being stuck with? 

I think I would pick Alyssa Webster because I think she has had the most contact with folks outside the cult and she could probably carry on a conversation. 

40 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Here's a question I posed in the Duggar forum that I think would be good here, too. If you could pick ONE Bates family member to be stuck in an elevator with. Like boom--you're stuck in an elevator and you can't control that--but the universe says okay, you can pick ONE Bates to be stuck with (and it must be a Bates or a Bates in law) who would you detest the least being stuck with? 

I think I would pick Alyssa Webster because I think she has had the most contact with folks outside the cult and she could probably carry on a conversation. 

I think I would pick Chad because I'm sure he will be able to fix the problem as soon as possible. 

In case you were worried, they've been renewed. https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/09/25/bringing-up-bates-renewed-eighth-season-uptv/1422041002/

Elevator question  - Zach or Chad because they seem the most likey to get us out.

Who though, would you not want to be stuck with?  So many possibilities.  . .

I've ridden in the elevator with Alyssa already (on one of her visits to see her FIL on Capitol Hill).  I'd pick Chad as well.

It occurs to me that between Josie's wedding and Carlin's engagement, Lawson has an extra helping of opportunities to mock-complain about not having a girl.  So extra.

I would NOT want to be stuck with Carlin.

I'm sure that Alyssa would NOT want to be stuck with any of us.

I'll pick the Paines.

Honestly, I'd pick Carlin, because I think she'd secretly be interested in getting to know more about the outside world. I also don't think she'd be constantly preaching her godly values if it would be just her and one random person she didn't know (which, in this case, would be me). I also think she would be willing to talk about and listen to 'worldly' topics that would not normally be discussed at length in the Bates household.

13 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

See, I think Alyssa is worldly, but seems quite vapid. I think Zach would be the least annoying, Chad the most useful, and Erin the most entertaining. 

Carlin's voice gives me a headache just from the UP! clips, so that's gonna be a no from me...

Confession: I would secretly want to talk to Michaela about fertility treatments. Not because I want to be in on her business, I would just like to talk to her about all the options available and hope she might be open to some of them. I feel for her. And it makes me really sad that so many fundies don’t approve of certain fertility treatments so it cuts down their chances of having a baby. 

18 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

you can pick ONE Bates to be stuck with (and it must be a Bates or a Bates in law) who would you detest the least being stuck with? 

I don't know them ...which one is the most quiet?  Small talk with a stranger in an elevator would be a special kind of hell for me so I want the one least likely to speak.  

Do they have a dog or a cat?  If so I vote for a four legged Bates.

8 hours ago, Marly said:

Honestly, I'd pick Carlin, because I think she'd secretly be interested in getting to know more about the outside world. I also don't think she'd be constantly preaching her godly values if it would be just her and one random person she didn't know (which, in this case, would be me). I also think she would be willing to talk about and listen to 'worldly' topics that would not normally be discussed at length in the Bates household.

I view Carlin as the type of person who thinks that their 'godly views' sets them apart and makes them 'special'.
Of course, when you're young, slim, and pretty, it's easy to feel that way... but when you're 30 with 5 kids under 10,  and the "most important" event that will ever happen to you (marriage) has already happened... you might feel differently.

I can't really imagine Carlin with a big family. :think:

I can't really imagine Carlin with a big family. :think:

I would imagine Carlin might have a few children while she figures out NFP, like Alyssa, then slow WAY down, enough to for FJ to wonder how/if she is preventing, like Jessa. Lol.

I would least like to be stuck with Nathan. His talking over/lecturing/"teaching"/commenting on appearances etc etc makes him the most unbearable to me. 

I think I'd like to be stuck with Kelly Jo. To find out what she's really like when the cameras are off. My spidey senses tell me she's a very different person on and off camera. 

Do the grandkids count? If so, I’d pick Lexi Mae. She’s around the same age as my daughter, so I’d have a good idea of how to keep her happy and calm. Any of the grandkids could be good though - they aren’t really old enough to preach about Jesus and all their other bullshit to me. Chad would be a close second, only because he’s Mr. Fix-It. Michael wouldn’t be so bad to get stuck with since she’s quieter than a lot of the others, but she also seems genuinely into IBLP. So I’m not sure about her. Katie would be a good option if she had pizza and ice cream with her. 

As for who I wouldn’t want to be stuck with... Kelly, Gil, Nathan, Zach, Carlin, Kelton, Lawson, and Evan are all hard no’s for me. I’ll pass on Tori too - I’ve given birth, but that doesn’t mean I know how to deliver a baby and she’s getting closer to her due date each day. I feel like I’d get bored/want to strangle Erin and Alyssa, so no to them as well. I’ll pass on Brandon too because he works for the cult and that creeps me out a bit. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Kelly, Gil, Nathan, Zach, Carlin, Kelton, Lawson, and Evan

I might take an hour or so in an elevator with them as long as I could video it. I have a feeling all of these would lose their nice veneer when faced with tough questions in a space where they couldn't run. That would be an easy way to show the nasty side of this family. I think Lawson, Evan, Nathan and Kelton especially would lose it fast. Gil, Kelly and Zach could probably be nicer longer and use evasive answers. 

I would take Judson.  He's so cute.  And he's a similar age to my son.  I couldn't handle the adults.  Unless Katie had ice cream or any of her other food fetishes with her.  Then I'd take her, at least I wouldn't go hungry.  

Tori and Carlin are both close to my age so I would be really curious to see what we have in common. Other than that probably any of the under 10 kids, just be cause I love kids. Though my normal kid bonding of showing off my dinosaur tattoo might not work on a bates kids. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived