IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

@jegfile, not only was Christopher Lloyd  in Back to the Future (as Dr Emmet "Doc" Brown), but he also was the Reverend Jim in Taxi where he said that he was "the living embodiment of the 60s".  Reverend Jim was always spaced out.  And lovable.  God, I miss Taxi!   (There's also a screenwriter named Christopher Lloyd.)

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, SPHASH said:

Isn't Cathy Jo a little old to be showing sheep.  That's more of a 4H thing.

4H may be how many kids start out caring for animals and showing them at a fair, but many adults show horses, cattle, llamas, goats, pigs, sheep, and more. (Including my 4 nieces :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:, ages 17 to 26.)

It hit me today that the Maxwell's became less dull to me than the Dullards... I was shocked!  Seems like there are a few things happening in Maxhell.  That's pretty unheard of....

10 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

No contacts? No networks to tap (as in people networking). 

I'm not sure that's true though. Surely John has made contacts via the conventions he goes to and had met a fair number of people in rural areas while traveling. I've also seen him recommended on a farming message board, so he's not completely unknown to those outside the family.

Maybe it has folded up, but he's traveling and making money doing something. I don't buy into the theory that Steve is floating the boys financially. 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:27 AM, Charliemae said:

There are reasons that Sarah has left Ellie's breeding off the blog.   Those reasons are probably completely bat shit, but.... Sarah is not saying that she is going to be busty with midwifing puppies.

Well...Ellie’s pregnant and unmarried, they can’t promote that much on Titus 2

22 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Well...Ellie’s pregnant and unmarried, they can’t promote that much on Titus 2

Do we know that she’s unmarried for sure?  You know the Maxwells have a habit of not mentioning these things until way later.  (Snicker).  They wouldn’t even mention her intended’s name.  Just “our guy”...

Looks like Sarah has updated the site to say they are now expecting puppies in late fall. I wonder if it's a case of them waiting until they have enough people on the hook or it's as simple as god not blessing Ellie due to her lack of no touch courtship.

Wow. So I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but I'm going to post just in case. I just stumbled across Sarah's (old/unused?) Facebook Page. Under Education she put "unnecessary". I wonder if she'd be so fucking smug if she knew just how horrible her writing is. Lol

Interestingly she likes contemporary christian music page. https://www.facebook.com/YUTV21/ This seems wildly off-brand for Steve to allow.

ETA- https://www.facebook.com/sarah.maxwell.90475

Did the 'girls' go to the County Fair this year?

I think I found the camp that they volunteered at (I found it by searching for camps in Idaho, where the coffee place is located, for foster girls)

The County Fair was from the 24 - 28 of July, and the camp was from July 25 - 28. Image data says they left on the 29th though.

:huh:

2 hours ago, Dru said:

Wow. So I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but I'm going to post just in case. I just stumbled across Sarah's (old/unused?) Facebook Page. Under Education she put "unnecessary". I wonder if she'd be so fucking smug if she knew just how horrible her writing is. Lol

Interestingly she likes contemporary christian music page. https://www.facebook.com/YUTV21/ This seems wildly off-brand for Steve to allow.

I can't imagine she'd be allowed to really have a FB page.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:44 PM, Dru said:

Remind me why people think John's irrigation business folded?

It is less that we think it folded than it is that he never seems to have actually designed, let alone completed, an irrigation project.  He designs plans, he doesn't install systems, and most irrigation businesses do both. 

He has no testimonials or sample plans on his website and (the last time I looked) only endorsements from his family members on LinkedIn.

It is like their (very folded) Maxwell & Sons Construction Company.  That one apparently only "constructed" Maxwell houses.  And perhaps did home repairs for Gigi.  A lot of these businesses have the feel of tax write-offs.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:08 PM, anjulibai said:

I have a few different dates for birthdays than the Duggar Data page. I wonder where she got her info - Fundie Wiki? 

Yes, I have also noticed a few inaccuracies on both Duggar Data and Fundie Wiki.  For example, SophEEEa Shrader was not born in Zambia.  She was born on Deputation in the USA.  Shrader has only been in Zambia since June 2015.  

But bless them for what they do.  It is a pretty great job.

However, I prefer to trust @Bethella's Fruit of the Womb project or your spreadsheets.  :)

John’s irrigation website looks nice.  The actual writing on it is not very professional, though.   Whoever wrote it should also learn “then” vs “than”.

5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

John’s irrigation website looks nice.  The actual writing on it is not very professional, though.   Whoever wrote it should also learn “then” vs “than”.

Also "its" vs "it's".

I checked the Kansas Goldens website and in the "About Our Girl" section, Ellie is wearing a scarlet collar.  :faint:

22 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Do we know that she’s unmarried for sure?  You know the Maxwells have a habit of not mentioning these things until way later.  (Snicker).  They wouldn’t even mention her intended’s name.  Just “our guy”...

Good point! Plus if she married an “ungodly” cream and procreated that will bring down the puppy price. Steve knows that top dollar goes on those dogs that have papers and a baptism! 

21 hours ago, Dru said:

Friends: 1: Anna Sofia Botkin

Wow 

I don't think that's a real Facebook page by Sarah. Although the section titled 'Life Events' is entirely blank and that's...sadly accurate for Poor Sarah.

36 minutes ago, bertnee said:

I don't think that's a real Facebook page by Sarah. Although the section titled 'Life Events' is entirely blank and that's...sadly accurate for Poor Sarah.

Yeah, I thought that too, but it's hard to tell with these people sometimes. Shit you think must be fake turns out to be real and vice versa.

I know a couple of the boys definitely have Facebook pages and one would like to think that Sarah would have been allowed one of her own after passing 30, but...

18 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I checked the Kansas Goldens website and in the "About Our Girl" section, Ellie is wearing a scarlet collar.  :faint:

But she did NOT have an A-B-O-$-@-)-%-N so they'll stick by here till the puppies are born and then she's on her own. She made her bed, if you will.....

On 8/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the Maxwell’s have met most of the fundies we talk about. I would bet that yes, the Maxwell’s have met the Staddons at some point. But we haven’t had any proof that they are good friends. So it’s possible that Sarah may not get a chance to see the Staddons again for a few years. Since the Maxwell’s don’t travel around anymore, they have fewer chances for the girls to meet nice young fundie men. 

The Staddons and Maxwells have to have at least met - Maxwells used to do a lot of IBLP/ATI conventions and the Staddons are big into that. Poor Esther has even worked at the mothership and of course Robert works there too.

Just noticed that Robert has not updated the blog since 2017! And Kendalyn looks less miserable in the last few formal family pics. I guess four kids in 6 years will do that to you. You know - stun you into submission.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:16 AM, terranova said:

I've googled Cathy Jo a bit over the years and I get the impression she shows and breeds sheep as a business. Maybe Sarah can get some breeding tips off her. I think she is younger than her brother and quite a bit younger than Sarah. Probably closer to Anna (and Jesse) in age. She reminds me a lot of Anna Marie.

Who did we speculate that Steve wanted to hook up with John Marie? Anna? I thought he was younger than Cathy Jo, but I can't keep up with any of these age things.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, mango_fandango said:

What's particularly stupid about the "cyper" thing is that IT'S SPELLED CORRECTLY IN THE PARAGRAPH BELOW. 

I find it so insulting that Sarah's blog bio states that she'd love to be a wife and mother but that she's waiting on the Lord for the right guy. God doesn't just drop suitors out of the sky. The Duggar Data predictor was surprising, to say the least. I think it's difficult to do speculation for the girls, especially given the fact that none of them have had even a whiff of courtship. You're typically between 22 and 25 nearly 26 when you begin a courtship according to that... Sarah is well past 25, and Anna is almost 26 and I sadly don't see her courting any time soon. Mary, I'm not so sure about. 

Someone reblogged the page with the comment about Ellie likely being the only child Sarah will have, and I have to agree.

If Jesse begins courting and gets married next, then the writing will truly be on the wall. The Maxwells also don't have multiple relationships going on at once. Fair enough, there are only eight as opposed to nineteen, but it's still entirely feasible that John and Anna could have courted at the same time, or Anna and Jesse, or whatever. 

Agreed with everything you said - although I do think Steve might marry off Mary because it would look bad if none of his daughters married. It's 150% too late for Sarah, it's 60%  too late for Anna but I think Mary's got a shot. Although maybe like 1% because whatever poor soul gets called on by God to join the Maxwells in rebuking Pepsi will have to live either in Steve's home or nearby and be willing to take on whatever businesses Steve is involved in

On 8/15/2018 at 2:44 AM, PennySycamore said:

@jegfile, not only was Christopher Lloyd  in Back to the Future (as Dr Emmet "Doc" Brown), but he also was the Reverend Jim in Taxi where he said that he was "the living embodiment of the 60s".  Reverend Jim was always spaced out.  And lovable.  God, I miss Taxi!   (There's also a screenwriter named Christopher Lloyd.)

He was also Rasputin in Anastasia! 

As someone who only vaguely know who the maxwells are, I was very concerned for their daughter named Ellie before I realized it was a dog haha.

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The Staddons and Maxwells have to have at least met - Maxwells used to do a lot of IBLP/ATI conventions and the Staddons are big into that. Poor Esther has even worked at the mothership and of course Robert works there too.

Just noticed that Robert has not updated the blog since 2017! And Kendalyn looks less miserable in the last few formal family pics. I guess four kids in 6 years will do that to you. You know - stun you into submission.

Who did we speculate that Steve wanted to hook up with John Marie? Anna? I thought he was younger than Cathy Jo, but I can't keep up with any of these age things.

I always assumed it was Anna, Mary was still under 18 at the time I think. Both John-Marie and Cathy Jo are pretty youthful looking, I'd put them at no more than mid twenties, but I have facts to back that up.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived