IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

@Sequoia,  I keep a can of hairspray handy for ink stains as well.  It works best on ballpoint ink, but it helps with most ink stains.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Sequoia,  I keep a can of hairspray handy for ink stains as well.  It works best on ballpoint ink, but it helps with most ink stains.

You're the first person I've met that does this too! I always get serious side eye when I recommend it, but it works :)

I remember my grandma telling me to use hair spray for pen ink and I definitely side eyed her on that. I guess she isn’t the only one who used that trick. 

I used hairspray on pen ink today! I looked down and noticed I somehow got blue pen all over my favorite shirt and went right to the hairspray like my grandma always taught us and it worked! My grandma is a miracle worker when it comes to getting stains out, she always knows what to use.

Now if I could only figure out how I got blue pen ink on me when I don't remember having a blue pen today...

Has anyone tried using hair spray on dry erase marker stains? Did it work? I tried using alcohol on it as soon as my daughter got home from school and it only faded it. I gave up trying to get out the stains and sent a vest with her to school to wear when they used dry erase markers.

Where the hell are their sunglasses when they go hiking? There’s barely a cloud in the sky. The girls must have been squinting all day. 

Today's Post gives us a new user designation: "Hikes with Hymnals"

Oiy! All the worshipping they do they should have enough hymns memorized to avoid lugging a hardcover book up a mountain!

@Sequoia, I always keep a can of cheap hairspray around for removing ink stains! My daughter once left an uncapped black felt-tipped pen in the pocket of a pair of peach-colored pants, and it made a huge stain. I drenched it with hairspray and washed the pants, and they came out as good as new. 

One day I was in line at a movie theater ahead of a couple. The husband mentioned an ink stain on his shirt. His wife said she would get it out with hairspray. He rolled his eyes and said, “Where do you come up with these crazy ideas?” I took great satisfaction in turning around and telling him that it WORKS, and told them the story about the peach-colored pants.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:29 AM, kpmom said:

I used the one for ink and was a little disappointed.  It lightened the stain but didn't get it out completely (used it several times on the one stain).

Where's the stain master, Mary Maxwell when i need her?

She's packing those children's gift boxes and including washable markers.  Sweet Rufus, how she gives!

6 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Today's Post gives us a new user designation: "Hikes with Hymnals"

Oiy! All the worshipping they do they should have enough hymns memorized to avoid lugging a hardcover book up a mountain!

Maybe they have those hymns downloaded on a Kindle.

46 minutes ago, Granwych said:

She's packing those children's gift boxes and including washable markers.  Sweet Rufus, how she gives!

Maybe they have those hymns downloaded on a Kindle. 

Nope--the photo clearly shows one in use.

When my daughter was about two (I had also been taught the hairspray vs ink remedy) I discovered hairspray takes ink off of wallpaper. 

That's all I have to say about that. 

I will definitely use the hairspray  ink trick this year. So the Maxwells take the same vacation every summer? It is beautiful but it seems like they are the only ones there. Purposeful? Would the Maxwells ever go to a beach resort or Disney World? What if the birthday girl wants different scenery one year? It just seems so routine. 

5 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

I will definitely use the hairspray  ink trick this year. So the Maxwells take the same vacation every summer? It is beautiful but it seems like they are the only ones there. Purposeful? 

Yes. This way they won't run into any heathen ladies flashing knees, or wearing less than 2 shirts.

I love it when Sarah tries to sound "hipster." Now they "pile"--so cute.  They all "piled" into a rented Jeep. Like a great-grandma trying to use teen-speak!

On the hairspray and ink thing: I had to spray, blot with paper towel and repeat elventy-hundred times but it finally got all the ink out!

Interesting that the tits2 blog still hasn't mentioned Chelsy's pregnancy, just the same pictures of hiking we see every.single.year. I looked through comments too, if anyone has asked they've definitely blocked any mention of it.

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

Interesting that the tits2 blog still hasn't mentioned Chelsy's pregnancy, just the same pictures of hiking we see every.single.year. I looked through comments too, if anyone has asked they've definitely blocked any mention of it.

Steve is steaming that the Bontragers scooped him again.

First, Jesse’s pants are quite defrauding!  Second, how are all 6 of them piling into a Jeep?  I don’t think there are any Jeeps that seat 6.  So they are pulling a Rodrigues and not having everyone safely secured?

B104C73E-876C-4353-9E4A-E7090341416D.jpeg

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Steve is steaming that the Bontragers scooped him again.

I'm sure he is. He was made when they announced the courtship before them. 

It really does seem like, since it wasn't on the schedule, it's not going to get done until they can put it on the schedule. Never mind that schedules can be changed. Never mind how weird it looks, especially with how they didn't announce the engagement right away. Make a schedule and stick to it, changes in life be damned. Thus we are treated with the same old Colorado hiking posts they show us every year instead of actually family news. 

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Yes. This way they won't run into any heathen ladies flashing knees, or wearing less than 2 shirts.

Thank Rufus the ladies don't wear 2 skirts.  Or a skirt with chain sewn into the hem, like Queen Elizabeth does.

14 hours ago, keepercjr said:

First, Jesse’s pants are quite defrauding!  Second, how are all 6 of them piling into a Jeep?  I don’t think there are any Jeeps that seat 6.  So they are pulling a Rodrigues and not having everyone safely secured?

B104C73E-876C-4353-9E4A-E7090341416D.jpeg

I noticed that too. He also seems to have hit the basement gym too.

How the fuck do they hike in these long skirts?

Is this the male equivalent of pants wearing sluts and is Steve letting Jesse wear these as a Jill Rodrigues repellant?  I am asking for a friend.  

On 8/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, Ali said:

Has anyone tried using hair spray on dry erase marker stains? Did it work? I tried using alcohol on it as soon as my daughter got home from school and it only faded it. I gave up trying to get out the stains and sent a vest with her to school to wear when they used dry erase markers.

Dry erase ink is evil. I have yet to find a way to get it out. 

18 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I'm sure he is. He was made when they announced the courtship before them. 

He was? Was any mention made of it from the Maxwell camp? I thought that was just FJ speculation. It took awhile for the Maxwell's to announce the engagement, but It's possible they waited until Chelsy announced to post anything out of respect. Maybe she asked to allow time for all her readers to see first on her blog, and possibly asked for the same about the pregnancy. 

13 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

He was? Was any mention made of it from the Maxwell camp? I thought that was just FJ speculation. It took awhile for the Maxwell's to announce the engagement, but It's possible they waited until Chelsy announced to post anything out of respect. Maybe she asked to allow time for all her readers to see first on her blog, and possibly asked for the same about the pregnancy. 

I think Steve wanted to be first to announce the engagement. I'm honestly not sure if he was mad. I just think he likes to control things. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived