IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read Chelsy and John’s engagement announcement on the Maxwell blog again. It comes off like they might have been miffed it was announced already. It’s not clear but I guess if you’ve read the Maxwell’s for awhile, you can read between the lines.

My husband and I went for Thai this evening and Rocky Mountain High was on the audio system.  Hearing the song reminded me of the Maxwells.  Do the Maxwells even notice the dispensaries?  What do they make of them?  

In the words of that great poet, Bob Dylan:  Everybody Must Get Stoned!

On 8/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, johnhugh said:

I don’t want to sound disrespectful about Colorado but those mountains they do the death marches on look so depressing and just bare rocks. I love walking but a greener mountain, a river or a coast walk is so much more ‘fun’. Even the penguin man boys visit lighthouses!

Having been to Colorado many times, yep, the tops are pretty bare,  It's like being on the moon in a way, grey rock.  Paid a visit to the summit of one 14er last year (Pikes Peak) and there's just rocks, maybe some small vegetation in between the rocks, a few mountain goats if you are lucky and, except for summer, snow.  The terrain isn't much but the views can be amazing on clear days from the summit.  Given the bleakness and sameness of the Maxhells' lives these "death march" hikes are pretty apt.

And what are they doing in hoodies on Pikes?  I sure hope it was warmer than when we were there but I doubt by much.  It was 25F with a wind chill factor of 11F at the summit in mid September.  I wore my winter parka. 

Ive been a lot of places....

...seen a lot of things. 

Never, EVER felt agoraphobia until I saw the photo captioned, “They walked on a huge rock field.” 

Egads and Little fishes, why would anybody *willingly* want to tramp across that barrenness, on all that broken, jagged rock, at such altitudes and on steep slopes, and with **miles** between themselves and help?!

SMH

Hair spray! I keep an aerosol can on-hand in case of stinging wasps indoors.  Not outdoors — that’s the wasps’ house.  Birds, bees, june bugs (obviously) get into my house, I shoo ‘em.  Flies get swatted, wasps get hair-sprayed.

No charge for that tip. ☺️

stinging wasps

'Pile' is hipster speak now? lol what? I'm like the squarest 30-year-old in existence and I've read/heard people of all ages talk about 'piling in' to vehicles ever since I can remember.

That photo of Anna, Jesse, & Mary  taken with headlamp illuminating them is cringeworthy.

Jesse has a good eye for photography, they should post more photos he takes, the clouds and lighting is beautiful instead of the same photos of rocks and and mountains. 

@FloraKitty35 that photo is very cringeworthy, Jesse has horns where his eyebrows should be...

@MamaJunebug, I agree—that hairspray to 86 wasps is genius! Spray them, their wings freeze, and they plummet to the ground.

10 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Jesse has a good eye for photography, they should post more photos he takes, the clouds and lighting is beautiful instead of the same photos of rocks and and mountains. 

@FloraKitty35 that photo is very cringeworthy, Jesse has horns where his eyebrows should be...

I agree. I really like the composition of this picture. 

89751A35-7C6F-4E62-B60A-AEA27A7542E3.jpeg

I just can't with Sarah and this side ponytail. You're a 36 year old woman living in 2018, knock it the fuck off. You would think Mary would help her out since she clearly knows what she's doing with hair.

After looking at the hiking post...you know what bothered me? The bare, unprotected legs of the women. Suppose they fell on the hike, or the weather turned cold, or they got bitten by a snake? Wear pants, people! Protect those legs! 

I remember bike rides with my siblings while wearing long, full skirts. Safety be damned, I couldn't possibly reveal my crotch by wearing athletic clothing! The fabric got caught in the bike chain all. The. Time.

@Lisafer,  did you at least have a women's bike frame or maybe a Mixte type frame.  Mixte is a hybrid of men's and women's frame -stronger than a women frame, but not as strong as a men's.  (The top tube is split and connected to the rear forks.) The Mixte frame allows for wearing skirts and they're also good for us short folk.   If I had a men's bicycle frame, I'd need a custom frame.   $$$$$

"I’ll be sharing a report soon on Mount Sherman’s hike"

Oh Sarah, the mountain did not go for a hike. Bless your heart.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Lisafer,  did you at least have a women's bike frame or maybe a Mixte type frame.  Mixte is a hybrid of men's and women's frame -stronger than a women frame, but not as strong as a men's.  (The top tube is split and connected to the rear forks.) The Mixte frame allows for wearing skirts and they're also good for us short folk.   If I had a men's bicycle frame, I'd need a custom frame.   $$$$$

Women's bike frame, yes--the problem was mainly the length and fullness of the skirts. Entirely too much fabric!

My mother did make us culotte-type one-piece outfits for a while, but there was still TONS of fabric, since revealing that we had legs would be sinful, haha. I hated them because there was extra drag from the culotte legs catching against each other when running or exercising.

it makes me sad that this sentence was written by someone who calls herself an author:  

"I was not with them on this hike, and the picture I posted of Anna and Mary the other day Jesse took. "  

Sarah, this is more coherent and readable:  "i was not on this hike.  i posted a picture of Anna and Mary the other day; Jesse took it."  

On 8/25/2018 at 7:28 AM, johnhugh said:

I noticed that too. He also seems to have hit the basement gym too.

How the fuck do they hike in these long skirts?

When I was in Peace Corps there were only certain designated tourist areas where women could wear pants, shorts or short skirts. We did everything in skirts!  Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. No, you can't hike in a pencil skirt, but a full skirt works just fine. Heck, I've seen Apostolic church ladies swim in a full DENIM skirt!

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"I’ll be sharing a report soon on Mount Sherman’s hike"

Oh Sarah, the mountain did not go for a hike. Bless your heart. 

This is what happens when you are NEVER around non-relatives. No one can proof-read in this family because they all speak and write the same way. Bless your heart, Sarah dear, indeed.

2 hours ago, Dru said:

I just can't with Sarah and this side ponytail. You're a 36 year old woman living in 2018, knock it the fuck off. You would think Mary would help her out since she clearly knows what she's doing with hair.

Cringe-worthy, but maybe Daddy said it looked nice? Maybe she promised a little niece to do it and so did it for the photo (we can hope, but I doubt it).

2 hours ago, catlady said:

it makes me sad that this sentence was written by someone who calls herself an author:  

"I was not with them on this hike, and the picture I posted of Anna and Mary the other day Jesse took. "  

Sarah, this is more coherent and readable:  "i was not on this hike.  i posted a picture of Anna and Mary the other day; Jesse took it."  

Or: "I was not with them on this hike - Jesse took the photo of Anna and Mary that I posted the other day." Or: "The photo of Anna and Mary that I posted the other day was taken by Jesse."

Still no Chelsy pregnancy announcement. I actually asked about in one of their Colorado posts but they obviously did not publish it. I guess they'll wait until they're back from their death walk.

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

When I was in Peace Corps there were only certain designated tourist areas where women could wear pants, shorts or short skirts. We did everything in skirts!  Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. No, you can't hike in a pencil skirt, but a full skirt works just fine. Heck, I've seen Apostolic church ladies swim in a full DENIM skirt!

This is what happens when you are NEVER around non-relatives. No one can proof-read in this family because they all speak and write the same way. Bless your heart, Sarah dear, indeed.

Cringe-worthy, but maybe Daddy said it looked nice? Maybe she promised a little niece to do it and so did it for the photo (we can hope, but I doubt it).

Swimming in a long denim skirt sounding like a drowning waiting to happen. Denim is so heavy when wet! 

On 8/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, keepercjr said:

First, Jesse’s pants are quite defrauding!  Second, how are all 6 of them piling into a Jeep?  I don’t think there are any Jeeps that seat 6.  So they are pulling a Rodrigues and not having everyone safely secured?

B104C73E-876C-4353-9E4A-E7090341416D.jpeg

Jesse definitely got his fair share of the family jewels ? 

6 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

My guess: Steve didn’t like how attractive ... er, unfeminine Teri looked with her hair in a pony, so he decreed that all future pullbacks must be to the side, where the ponytail is  visible. Mary’s is to the side, too.  

It’s like the kidult version of the frickin oversized hair bow or fake pigtails.  

If I may? (ahem)—- “The photo I posted recently of Anna & Mary? Jesse took it! I wasn’t along on that hike.”

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Swimming in a long denim skirt sounding like a drowning waiting to happen. Denim is so heavy when wet! 

LOL--they do it! And they don't drown. Nor do they lose many hairpins! [They don't cut their hair].

16 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

If I may? (ahem)—- “The photo I posted recently of Anna & Mary? Jesse took it! I wasn’t along on that hike.” 

Mamajunebug--this could be in a "Best [Worst] of the Maxwells" volume

On 8/24/2018 at 8:56 AM, Candydandy said:

I will definitely use the hairspray  ink trick this year. So the Maxwells take the same vacation every summer? It is beautiful but it seems like they are the only ones there. Purposeful? Would the Maxwells ever go to a beach resort or Disney World? What if the birthday girl wants different scenery one year? It just seems so routine. 

I just came back from a three day trip.  To me, there's nothing more beautiful than the ocean.  Summer is too short in many parts of the country.  Enjoy it while it's here is my motto.  Why anyone would choose that for a summer vacation year after year is beyond me. 

45 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

So the Maxwells take the same vacation every summer? It is beautiful but it seems like they are the only ones there. Purposeful? Would the Maxwells ever go to a beach resort or Disney World? What if the birthday girl wants different scenery one year? It just seems so routine.  

Maxwells go to a defrauding Beach with nearly naked women? Or to Disney?? :faint:

I use hair spray on flying varmints in the house as well.  I am deathly allergic to yellow jackets (picnic bees).   I now carry several epi-pens during bee season but have no desire to test out their effectiveness.   Spraying hairspray on their wings makes the wings inflexible, so the bees can't fly, if you swat them and they don't die, they just drop down on the windowsill or floor and you can crush them to death.  Don't vacuum them up, they can crawl out of the hose and roam around.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived