IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

I can’t believe that she is selling the dogs for that much without papers. Most people in southern Illinois pay $400 for golden retrievers. I looked online and saw cream ones for no more than $1100.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/the-truth-about-English-Cream-Golden-Retrievers

the article above talked about how English cream ones aren’t rare and anyone trying to sell them as rare are scamming you. I hope Sarah wasn’t scammed. No real breeder makes you wait for papers either. Especially when you are paying that much for a dog.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are reasons that Sarah has left Ellie's breeding off the blog.   Those reasons are probably completely bat shit, but.... Sarah is not saying that she is going to be busty with midwifing puppies.

I wonder if the puppies have been kept off the blog so that they can't be criticized for grift by puppy? Perhaps someone considered that selling puppies to their captive audience of dozens might present poorly, and so Sarah has carefully kept Ellie's quiver and its fullness mum. It also gives a potential escape route if the Goldens come out Golden - surprise dear readers, Ellie is a mommy and you can have a puppy! We only ask for lots of  money, not any pesky assurances that you'll be a vaguely competent pet owner!

That, or perhaps their loving readership aren't quite discerning enough to recognize the undesirability   specialness of these half Polish, only maybe really blonde dogs, so we blog folk aren't worthy of sharing in this breeding event  miracle? 

4 hours ago, Charliemae said:

There are reasons that Sarah has left Ellie's breeding off the blog.   Those reasons are probably completely bat shit, but.... Sarah is not saying that she is going to be busty with midwifing puppies.

Surely you mean busy?

Now FJ is giving me ads for pet insurance, so that's working as intended :P

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Isn't Cathy Jo a little old to be showing sheep.  That's more of a 4H thing.

I've googled Cathy Jo a bit over the years and I get the impression she shows and breeds sheep as a business. Maybe Sarah can get some breeding tips off her. I think she is younger than her brother and quite a bit younger than Sarah. Probably closer to Anna (and Jesse) in age. She reminds me a lot of Anna Marie.

How long before Nathan, Chris, Joe, and John each end up with an Aryan English Cream puppy? I was also reading about this on the Golden Retriever Club of America website.   Personally, the whole thing sounds rather grifterish to me.  (Which on a side note maybe Jill Rod should contact Steve to see if Jesse would court Nuri). 

https://www.grca.org/find-a-golden/more-topics-before-you-buy/english-cream-golden-retrievers/

Probably the people they are selling them too want a pet and don't have the knowledge of papers etc. The Maxwells likely don't want PETA going to their site or Rabid Rescue groups, etc. Or, MAYBE!!! Maybe!! If she practices with a puppy and does well....wait for it....she gets to meet a MAN? Then he can see her puppy-Mommy skills and decide if she should birth his Army For God before time runs out for her?

:martinismiley:

3 hours ago, terranova said:

I've googled Cathy Jo a bit over the years and I get the impression she shows and breeds sheep as a business. Maybe Sarah can get some breeding tips off her. I think she is younger than her brother and quite a bit younger than Sarah. Probably closer to Anna (and Jesse) in age. She reminds me a lot of Anna Marie.

Maybe it’s the way she dresses and does her hair but I figured she was closer to Sarah’s age. 

Is it just Cathy Jo and John Marie? That’s a very small quiver.

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it’s the way she dresses and does her hair but I figured she was closer to Sarah’s age. 

Is it just Cathy Jo and John Marie? That’s a very small quiver.

I never thought about this before, but my sister is called Anna, I’m John thus in Maxhell we would both have to take on the Marie.... shudder.....

IIRC, John Marie had an irigation business and advised John on setting up his own - which we believe has also folded. He married a worldly woman who was or is a beautician or hairdresser and became ‘normal’. I hope their bankruptcy is not used by his parents to show them the error in their lifestyle  choice.

Interesting to see which members of the ‘extended’ family go on what some would call a vacation”holiday.

Do you suppose that Steve and Teri knew what they were doing with the name "Christopher Lloyd"? And why are we punishing girls in foster care? Don't they have enough problems without having Sarah shoved in their faces? God.

I have a few different dates for birthdays than the Duggar Data page. I wonder where she got her info - Fundie Wiki? 

I also don't believe the Maxwell daughters will have any children. And I don't think Joseph and Elissa will have that many. They had Calia quickly enough, but Kyle came over two years later. That's a pretty large gap. 

1 hour ago, Dru said:

Remind me why people think John's irrigation business folded?

It may not, he seems to drift from one business to another. 

2 hours ago, jegfile said:

Do you suppose that Steve and Teri knew what they were doing with the name "Christopher Lloyd"? And why are we punishing girls in foster care? Don't they have enough problems without having Sarah shoved in their faces? God.

What's wrong with the name Christopher Lloyd?

And I don't understand how that predictor thing works, what are they possibly basing the prediction of (I think) 11 children for Mary on?

6 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

How long before Nathan, Chris, Joe, and John each end up with an Aryan English Cream puppy?

Could someone please do a gag subtitling of the Hitler rant scene from Downfall to make it things that would anger a Golden Retriever? 

1 hour ago, meee said:

What's wrong with the name Christopher Lloyd?

And I don't understand how that predictor thing works, what are they possibly basing the prediction of (I think) 11 children for Mary on?

Nothing is wrong with the name - I just wondered if they had seen "Back to the Future" or if it was a happy accident.

3 hours ago, Dru said:

Remind me why people think John's irrigation business folded?

No contacts? No networks to tap (as in people networking). 

23 minutes ago, jegfile said:

Nothing is wrong with the name - I just wondered if they had seen "Back to the Future" or if it was a happy accident.

Like Marcus Anthony Duggar. 

17 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I wonder if the puppies have been kept off the blog so that they can't be criticized for grift by puppy?

I'm probably underestimating them but... I doubt Sarah, or any Maxwell, has the situational awareness to know they are being controversial.   

Duggar Data is fun! Some of her kid predictions seem a bit high, but other stuff has been spot on. I guess if Sarah starts a relationship tomorrow she could get one kid. Out of curiosity do the Maxwells know the Staddon family? I know literally nothing about them, but I saw them on fundie wiki and they have two sons (Don Jr and Michael) who are single and age appropriate for Sarah. I'm curious if they'd be an okay fundie match?

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

OT but Nathan and “Annie”’s company STILL has a huge keyword mispelled on their homepage!

AA1C241F-B511-496C-9A10-383F617AA5C9.png

I laugh, but that's kind of sad at the same time. Seriously, how have they not caught that? And who hires them with crap like that out there? 

1 hour ago, Babysitter said:

Duggar Data is fun! Some of her kid predictions seem a bit high, but other stuff has been spot on. I guess if Sarah starts a relationship tomorrow she could get one kid. Out of curiosity do the Maxwells know the Staddon family? I know literally nothing about them, but I saw them on fundie wiki and they have two sons (Don Jr and Michael) who are single and age appropriate for Sarah. I'm curious if they'd be an okay fundie match?

I think the Maxwell’s have met most of the fundies we talk about. I would bet that yes, the Maxwell’s have met the Staddons at some point. But we haven’t had any proof that they are good friends. So it’s possible that Sarah may not get a chance to see the Staddons again for a few years. Since the Maxwell’s don’t travel around anymore, they have fewer chances for the girls to meet nice young fundie men. 

What's particularly stupid about the "cyper" thing is that IT'S SPELLED CORRECTLY IN THE PARAGRAPH BELOW. 

I find it so insulting that Sarah's blog bio states that she'd love to be a wife and mother but that she's waiting on the Lord for the right guy. God doesn't just drop suitors out of the sky. The Duggar Data predictor was surprising, to say the least. I think it's difficult to do speculation for the girls, especially given the fact that none of them have had even a whiff of courtship. You're typically between 22 and 25 nearly 26 when you begin a courtship according to that... Sarah is well past 25, and Anna is almost 26 and I sadly don't see her courting any time soon. Mary, I'm not so sure about. 

Someone reblogged the page with the comment about Ellie likely being the only child Sarah will have, and I have to agree.

If Jesse begins courting and gets married next, then the writing will truly be on the wall. The Maxwells also don't have multiple relationships going on at once. Fair enough, there are only eight as opposed to nineteen, but it's still entirely feasible that John and Anna could have courted at the same time, or Anna and Jesse, or whatever. 

3 hours ago, Babysitter said:

Sarah is what, 37? If she marries in the next 12 months she could have a child by 40 and another 2. But yeah, that's not going to happen.

John-Marie's wife Tamra is 25, so I assume he is around that age. Cathy Jo must be 23 or 24. She looked very young when the Maxwells used to visit the Demcaks back in their conferencing days.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived