IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

8 hours ago, sajetime said:

And did you get the sense that this bride *knew* about her ex’s  leanings or was she completely blindsided/ lied to?

Whoa!  I'm confused.  Which ex and which leanings??????

Also, for you exRemnant folks:  It occurred to me that in a cult like this that there has to be a faithful lieutenant/enforcer with a cadre of sub-enforcers.  Who is Gwen's right-hand person and what is she like?  Who puts out the word on how people are supposed to act and what they are supposed to do, besides give Gwen all of their money. 

Also, it's driving me crazy that "Gwen" doesn't lend itself to create a portmanteau name for her and Tarzan.  Gwe-Zan or GTar just doesn't do it.  Although Zan-Gwen (rhymes with sanguine) might work. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, sajetime said:

Hmm! How soon after this relationship did he begin seeing his now wife

And did you get the sense that this bride *knew* about her ex’s  leanings or was she completely blindsided/ lied to?

It was probably 6 months or a little longer - less than a year. They weren't that serious. 

As for Hannah - I feel like she had to have known it was something he struggled with. I knew the first time I met him, before he dated Hannah. It was just obvious to me - no one had to tell me. That is definitely something that would have been kept quiet or denied if I had asked. I do not judge him either way. I am happy he has broken free from living a lie and I know he is probably going through some issues like all of us who got out have dealt with. I wish him the best. 

All the pics I have seen the women and girls are in white dresses, if they have a sash around their waist it is either black or light blue, I mean "french blue"

7 minutes ago, NotSkeered said:

Possible theme....... 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, for you exRemnant folks:  It occurred to me that in a cult like this that there has to be a faithful lieutenant/enforcer with a cadre of sub-enforcers.  Who is Gwen's right-hand person and what is she like?  Who puts out the word on how people are supposed to act and what they are supposed to do, besides give Gwen all of their money. 

Also, it's driving me crazy that "Gwen" doesn't lend itself to create a portmanteau name for her and Tarzan.  Gwe-Zan or GTar just doesn't do it.  Although Zan-Gwen (rhymes with sanguine) might work. 

Sham-zan.

23 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

All the pics I have seen the women and girls are in white dresses, if they have a sash around their waist it is either black or light blue, I mean "french blue"

I haven’t been able to find any pics at all. Just one leader who got her hair done — while pregaming with wine —  at a Remnant-member-owned salon. Her hair looked the same way it always looks, so I guess there’s no hoping this salon could try to pull off an extreme “makeunder” where Gwen is concerned.

17 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Almost shot beer onto my work laptop through my nose. 

I'm dying over here, hahahah!

For one quick second I really thought that was her!  

7 minutes ago, OlderWiserMom said:

For one quick second I really thought that was her!  

Maybe her, but no way was it he who swings through the trees in his BVDs.  Lordy, hope he doesn't look like that.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

@sajetime was referencing Hannah and her ex. Leanings = sexual preferences. Mr. Langsdon's sexual preferences were not widely known on a deep level, however due to his personality, mannerisms and speech a lot of members over the course of RF history have questioned it. Some assumed it and didn't say anything due to he being a child of leadership. The key thing I would like to point out that Hannah's ex is NOT the only member who has been in this situation. There have been quite a few members that have left or been removed from the cult due to their sexual preferences (lesbian and gay). The amount of emotional, mental and (for some of them) physical abuse these individuals experienced while in the church was sickening. 

I highly doubt that Hannah was completely oblivious to who Mr. Langsdon truly is.  As stated in a previous thread reply, I hypothesize that their courtship and marriage was forced "suggested" by Gwen and leadership (especially his parents). This was planned and executed in order to strategically keep appearences and also to quite possibly (in a sick way mind you) de-gay or convert Mr. Langsdon from gay to straight. Even though it is a hypothesis, it wouldn't surprise me if Hannah was intentionally used as a pawn in Gwen's sick game. She is known for using relationships and marriages as tools for her schemes. All for the "Glory of God", right? 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Tedd Anger is no doubt Gwen's right hand man. In my opinion, Tedd Anger and his wife Candice have the strongest connection to Gwen, the Shamblins, Weighdown and Remnant Fellowship. Tedd is widely known for being viewed as 2nd in command within RF and WD. This of course is logical seeing as he is appointed by Gwen to as the Head of Public Relations for WD and is in a 2nd in command type position within RF. He leads many organizational, management and counseling "ministries" in the church. He is also part of Gwen's close knit brain trust. If there is anyone aside from Michelle / Liz Hannah that can successfully take up and execute the mantle of RF leader after Gwen passes or steps down/aside, it would be Tedd no doubt.

SO, what is Tedd like? He is extremely charismatic, analytical and incredibly intelligent. He is known for being warm, extremely (he was a hoot to be honest) funny, caring and loving. From a logical and organizational standpoint, Gwen's smartest move was to make him her right hand man. He has historically has been one of the strongest and consistent leaders in RF history, which in return because of his position in the church and in WD, has greatly benefited the "image" of the church from an outsider perspective.

Now with that being said...I'll share a tiny bit of my opinions and experiences with him from an ex-member perspective.

Out of all of the leaders I have had issues with while in RF, he tops the list. The reason being is quite simple: wasted potential. Because of how relitively close I was with him, I can honestly say that he and his wife, deep down are good people. Due of how much they have been corrupted by Gwen and the power they yield, have become over time, almost as zealous, manipulative and morally twisted as their her.

As stated in one of my replies in this thread, the closer I got to the "center" the worse everything appeared. Tedd definitely was one of the major factors to the validity of that statement. What bothered me the most out of my experience with him is that in light of all of the good things I stated about his personality and who he is, he can go from "nice fun loving" to cold and confrontational with a snap of one's finger. It was frightening to my and many RF members at how much he can turn that quickly. He can go from all of the positive traits I listed to cold, calculating, manipulative and at times abrasive and rude. If you're doing what Gwen, the message he and other's bid then its all good. If you oppose him, have any problems or question him or leadership then he is primarily the one that is sent out by gwen to correct it. If you ever got an email, message or was "taken aside" from Tedd it was frightening and life altering. You do NOT want to be on Tedd Anger's bad side.

Side-Note 1: The "Tedd Police" is what some in RF mockingly called him when I was a member. I believe he is (or at least was, there might have been an org change) the head of the team that is responsible for outreach. The "Outreach Ministry" at the time included managing WD and RF's social media presence. This also trickles down to RF members and controlling what they post and say. He was usually the leader who sent out messages to members about certain individuals to "watch", unfriend or cut communications from. FJ, I cannot count out how many messages I received from him and his lackeys instructing me to remove certain posts, pictures and un-friend certain people from facebook, instagram etc. I have been questioned and reprimanded by him and leadership a few times for keeping contact or connections with "unfavorable" individuals. This includes ex members, "worldly" influences and individuals.

Let it be known that I am not implying that Tedd would yell and scream at you if you were in a correction "counseling" session. If anything I do not ever recall him raising his voice at me or any member at RF. However, there was...something about his warm to cold transition that was truly frightening. Because of his personality, charm and intelligence, he knew how to cut through one's facade and get to the core of an individual. He knew how to (with precision) emotionally and mentally enlighten members as well manipulate, break and help further corrupt "rebuild" them. If anything I would say he was MORE effective in these skills compared to Gwen. This in part because he was much more approachable and "relatable" to the general RF populace. Because of the these notable aspects, he has been/is responsible for being involved in or has advised Gwen to perform a LOT of morally corrupt decisions and acts that I personally know/knew he was invovled in. 

During my final days with RF and more so shortly after @RFsurvivor I had left, I began to harbor a deep root of hatred towards Tedd. I indeed understood at that time and strongly believe till this day that the things he did/was doing was for his "god, leader and church". He truly belived/believes that he is doing it for the greater good of "gods people" and humanity as a whole. However I knew that his actions wasn't a valid excuse in the fact that from a moral standpoint, the things he did/does in RF to be frank, was/is FUBAR. I learned to let go of the pain after some time. I have grown a lot since leaving and have become a more complete individual, with much more room to grow and learn. At this point in my life I no longer feel anger towards him. I feel sadness and pity for him, his family because of what he and his family can be and what they can contrbute to the world. Such wasted potential...

Side-Note 2: I can elaborate on my Tedd/leadership experiences and share many stories however I feel as if it isn't time or the place to do it (yet, at least). This in part due to their senitive nature of these experiences as well as the potential in which they be used by RF, against @RFsurvivor and I in the future. Also to be blunt, its hard to recall these experiences and stories because of how emotionally distressful they are to me.

5 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

You do NOT want to be on Tedd Anger's bad side.

I will second this. 

At one point was David Martin higher up in the administration — or was he always more of the music guy? What is the relationship between David M. and Tedd — always united or is there jockeying for position?

16 minutes ago, sajetime said:

I will second this. 

At one point was David Martin higher up in the administration — or was he always more of the music guy? What is the relationship between David M. and Tedd — always united or is there jockeying for position?

David Martin technically is higher up in the leadership chain due to his status (as well as Joe Langsdon) of being one of the founding RF leadership. David, Tedd and Joe all are "up there' in terms of power and position however I personally believe Tedd edges them by a bit due to how much he is involved and how much influence he has. Note that he also is considerably more involved in RF and Gwen related legal matters. David and Joe haven't been too deeply involved in those matters from what I have seen. I might be wrong.

Keep in mind that there has been considerbale new leadership reorganizations over the past 2 years. I am confident that Tedd, Joe and David's responsiblities have been spread out to new the new leaders and deacons. This effectively would allow them to focus on thier responsibilities and roles. I am sure theat rest of the original/core leadership have had their roles tweaked and tuned as well to fit the needs of Gwen, Remnant and Weighdown as a whole.

I saw a picture of Gwen's wedding dress today.

Spoiler

1555761637_gwendress.jpg.865375b3b0c50e176d4f607f2e612b16.jpg

In the majority of the ex-member testimonies that I've come across, many reference Tedd Anger and communicating with him before being exiled. Tedd Anger sounds like "the bouncer" of the Gwen club.

I feel really bad for Elizabeth. I think there is a lot of pressure on her to be super-skinny because she is Gwen's daughter. 

Elizabeth has 4 kids... She is about the same size as her oldest daughter. 
753618103_elizabethshamblin.jpg.689a0e6f0e7ffc1603c8ac510093a02f.jpg

When do they wear all black and when do they wear all white? I think this is the skinniest I have ever seen Elizabeth.
1161703394_elizabethshamblin2.jpg.dbe72ae2324a1eb667b53513a55f2a22.jpg

I think I know exactly what dress Gwen wore yesterday. And I can't believe someone else didn't already post this one. BTW - the only difference is the veil will be pinned under Gwen's hair and flow out like it is part of her hair. Looking closer at the picture, I think Gwen's hair is higher than this veil! 

Spoiler

1728499089_comingtoamericaweddingdress.jpg.76019899d57c2c1deec7c65d30652d3f.jpg

@quiversR4hunting FJ should play a game where we have to guess which wedding dress most likely resembles the one Gwen wore. Whenever they release pictures of her wedding gown, whoever's guess was closest wins LOL.

My prediction is that she went for something HUGE, as in, an off-white ivory dress that looks like it suffocates the entire room with lace. Gwen's style is ivory "Boho-Chic" with layered laces but she had to  have taken it up a knotch for the wedding...

I think she went for an EXTREMELY ornate boho-chic style gown and like the TV show, "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding", I think Gwen's train was record-breaking HUGE.  I believe that Gwen had to go with a dress that would OUTDO her hair.

Wedding Dress Train prediction:
Layered boho laces combined with HUGE RUFFLES.
Lace upon lace 

Spoiler

gwenzan.jpg.7692a253356d43e4b8215568ef3e64b7.jpg

Huge ruffles combined with the lace from the above picture:

Spoiler

ruffled2.jpg.15c034596e2134d4a2c99db0017ffdf0.jpg

RF Member/ Bridesmaid predictions:
I think all RF members wore narrow  fitting Boho-Chic dresses that ACTUALLY retail as a "wedding gown" on their own.

Spoiler

bridesmaid2.jpg.2aead97b3dda187813df458c6865bed1.jpgbridesmaid.thumb.jpg.fee00546c1391b9d7c54f42aebd1e51d.jpg

@RFsurvivor @RFSurvivor_2 Does an RF membership come with any perks? Any RF member discounts to Free People, Magnolia Pearl, or Anthropologie? 

I've looked at a gazillion RF weddings and there have been some gorgeous gowns, but Gwen has to out-shine all of them because she is GWEN. So this is my guess: Strapless ball gown, gold accents, and a crown or tiara of some type.

Spoiler

1118586379_wdg1.JPG.00a9b51a3ac2b4329c57e8aee585a092.JPG

Hi Tedd Police!!! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

One weird thing about the weigh down method: they claim that obese people need to eat less than thin people, because they can live off their bodyfat. I believe most other diets do the opposite - portions get smaller as you lose weight (because a smaller body takes less energy to move and maintain). Is this Gwen’s own theory, or is it just outdated?

That picture of Elizabeth with Gwen is frightening.  She looks like patients I have seen on eating disorder documentaries who are close to death.

I have a terrible feeling she is going to die and leave those kids motherless.  I hope I'm wrong.  

45 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

That picture of Elizabeth with Gwen is frightening.  She looks like patients I have seen on eating disorder documentaries who are close to death.

I have a terrible feeling she is going to die and leave those kids motherless.  I hope I'm wrong.  

I would like to see her lab (blood) work profile. (Clinical laboratorian here).

I found this picture on Gwen's fb page.

The 12 tribes of Israel as - surfboards.

Hang Ten with Gwen!  :P

gwen surf's up.jpg

My gosh, Gwen's shoes are mega platforms, and she must have a cadre of theater majors who do stage props.

Anyway, YES, that picture of Elizabeth with Gwen is horrifying and grotesque.  Snarkily, she could easily go to work as a Magnolia Pearl cover girl.  From a health perspective, I'm thinking she needs a serious intervention to address an undiagnosed eating disorder.  However, it sounds as though following the Weigh Down lifestyle to its logical conclusion IS an eating disorder. 

So glad for those of you who escaped and wishing you all health and healing going forward. 

40 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Oh my! Sporty Gwen! Is that stripe a part of the shirt or a sash of dingleberries?

@apple1 -- if I had to hazard a guess, an albumin level in the 2 range, Hgb below 10, and scary-low hdl and ldl. I hope that Elizabeth gets help before something tragic happens, but I worry that irreversible damage has been done.

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I found this picture on Gwen's fb page.

The 12 tribes of Israel as - surfboards.

Is her FB public?

I just read the divorce documents and hot damn that’s a lot of property they owned. WOW.

ETA: and cars, a boat, golf membership, houses, more cars, bank accounts, investment accounts, more property, more bank accounts, and then Gwen agreed to pay David ANOTHER cool $2mil for FURTHER property not listed.

[emoji50]

In the interest of any confused people who want to research Remnant, Weigh Down, Gwen, etc, I would ask that we be better people. I know I took part in poking some fun at dresses and appearances, but looking back, I do not think there is a benefit to making fun of them. From the perspective of a former member, I would not be able to see past the snark and see the truth about the cult tendencies of RF.

Myself and @RFSurvivor_2 are willing to answer questions to expose RF, but I would like to be a force for good and truth.  

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived