IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

Her official bio has now snuck Tarzan in as if he was always there on their own website. Near the bottom it states she and her husband Joe Lara live a few miles of her two children and grandchildren. No mention of new step daughter at all though

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, chaotic life said:

Her official bio has now snuck Tarzan in as if he was always there on their own website. Near the bottom it states she and her husband Joe Lara live a few miles of her two children and grandchildren. No mention of new step daughter at all though

wow that was quite a dig to find. I see it still isn't up on Wiki or on her own website. It is only here: 

http://www.remnantfellowship.org/Our-Leaders/Gwen-Shamblin 

Family & Friends

Gwen, her husband Joe Lara, and their children and grandchildren live within a few houses of each other. They are a close knit family who get together practically every day and thoroughly enjoy each other’s company.

In a day and age where many children go away to college with no thought of supporting their parents interests, Gwen’s children Michael and Elizabeth as well as their respective spouses, Elle Shamblin and Brandon Hannah, play very active roles devoting themselves to the work of Remnant Fellowship Church - and have done so for many years.

Gwen is very beloved by those who work under her direction. Many of the employees of Remnant Fellowship Church have worked for her since the height of Weigh Down and the establishment of Remnant Fellowship Church. They not only look to her as a leader but also a dear friend.

Obviously a recent photo as you can see by his face Michael has gained some weight -- even though he is placed behind Erin. I am somewhat surprised they included him at all.

Elizabeth looks thinner than ever. I believe she is now smaller than her oldest daughter.  I just cannot imagine her husband finding someone the size of a 10 yr old sexually attractive.

And Tarzan ... let's just say he certainly no longer looks like the King of the Jungle in a loincloth

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Elizabeth looks thinner than ever. I believe she is now smaller than her oldest daughter.  I just cannot imagine her husband finding someone the size of a 10 yr old sexually attractive.

She looks worse then a lady I know who just turned 102.   I don’t like to talk about people looks, but all I see when I look at her is sickness.  Her bones must be so brittle.   She looks like she will go poof! at any moment.   How could you want anyone you love to look like that?

I’m sick to my stomach that they have added another young girl to the mix.

23 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

She looks worse then a lady I know who just turned 102.

Sorry, going all BEC here but THAT HAIR.  How does no one in her inner circle not comment on her HAIR a foot taller than she actually is?

I thought they wore white? What is up with the black clothing?

Stumbling off to the PC.  I know.  I know.

20 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I thought they wore white? What is up with the black clothing?

They always wear either all white or all black for some reason. Ex RF members said it’s encouraged to all be in unity and look the same or something.

It is interesting (and mildly encouraging) to me that pretty much all the women in the boho beach photo are normal weight, if not slightly on the plump side.  

So doing some research on WFG-Rob Day's day job-it appears its a MLM pyramid scheme with not so nice things to say about it. I wonder if some of it's tactics are used at Remnant(the more recruits, the more moolah). He appears more like a used car salesman which makes you wonder about the house they live in. Did Gwen buy it for them, did they get a shady loan from one of the mortgage companies on Remnants rosters?  Or is he truly riding on the backs of these recruits at World Financial Group that get sucked into the idea they can be highly successful at a place like that? Which in itself is essentially a cult. 

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Obviously a recent photo as you can see by his face Michael has gained some weight -- even though he is placed behind Erin. I am somewhat surprised they included him at all.

And Tarzan ... let's just say he certainly no longer looks like the King of the Jungle in a loincloth

I believe that photo is from the "blessing shower" last week before the wedding. 

I have a question about blessing showers. Are they gift showers? And if so, what the fuck do you get for Sham-zan? A case of Aqua-net? 

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a question about blessing showers. Are they gift showers? And if so, what the fuck do you get for Sham-zan? A case of Aqua-net? 

Aqua-net might be too "low class" - spring for the case of Rave or Aussie ;)

- Who ever is talented in emoji making - can you make one with holy, high hair? We could use it for both JRod and Gwen

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Blessing showers generally were a smaller invite only event where the toasts that normally happen at a wedding reception would occur. He night was full of testimonies about “God’s Kingdom” and the purity of the couples. Granted I went to many blessing showers where the couple was for sure not pure by Remnant standards. There were gifts, but not opened at the shower. 

On 8/6/2018 at 9:54 AM, VaSportsMom said:

And then the bombshell

Their lawyer, Manny Arora, sounds like a total dimwit in the linked article. 

25 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

...and the purity of the couples...

bahahaha! this cracks me up! Considering Gwen was married for a long time and had 2 kids and Joe has a kid out of wed-lock and he was a hot actor so the odds are good he had action when he wasn't in a relationship. Yup, real pure! It isn't like Gwen & Joe are widows and this is only their 2nd physical relationship. :pb_rollseyes:

Thanks for all your information about RF.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What kinds of gifts do you think the RF members gave to Gwen? I bet they are ridiculous.

What DO you get for an insanely wealthy woman living in the same mansion she's lived in for 2 decades with multiple other houses who doesn't really eat? Framed portraits of herself? Miniature cooking utensils? Posters of her husband in his former film role? Gift cards to Magnolia Pearl? 

Talk about hard to buy for...

34 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

What DO you get for an insanely wealthy woman living in the same mansion she's lived in for 2 decades with multiple other houses who doesn't really eat? Framed portraits of herself? Miniature cooking utensils? Posters of her husband in his former film role? Gift cards to Magnolia Pearl? 

a fun house mirror :D

5 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Granted I went to many blessing showers where the couple was for sure not pure by Remnant standards.

During the actual weddings, Gwen takes great pride in mentioning when a young couple has remained pure — or hasn't even kissed  (!) — before marriage.

Of course, when she *doesn't* mention it, it always made me think, hmmmm! Those couples must have experienced much copulation "correction."

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I would guess his attendance was not optional; she wanted the family to appear unified. And he was in attendance at the wedding too, I'm told.

Ultimately, he's going to do what his mother says; she essentially owns him. Unless he has some other source of income (I see one rental property under his name; there could be more somewhere), her church/music for her church is how he makes his money and lives in a home estimated at $1.3 million.

22 minutes ago, sajetime said:

During the actual weddings, Gwen takes great pride in mentioning when a young couple has remained pure — or hasn't even kissed  (!) — before marriage.

Of course, when she *doesn't* mention it, it always made me think, hmmmm! Those couples must have experienced much copulation "correction."

Eww. I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding ages ago. She wasn't terribly religious, had only recently joined a church at all. Apparently in order to officiate the wedding, their pastor required counseling from him - not an uncommon thing. However, he convinced them (despite them having lived together for over two years) to not have sex for a couple months before the wedding. Which would have been fine, except he announced it to the whole audience during the wedding! I think he may have even said something about how it was difficult for them. I cringed so hard.

The wedding may be, for some people, express permission to have sex. But that doesn't need to be announced to everyone there! 

8 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Speaking of things Gwen mentioned during a wedding.  Gwen was marrying one couple a few years ago and Gwen literally mentioned how controlling the groom's ex-wife was.  This was during the wedding ceremony.  Who mentions an ex-wife during the wedding ceremony??!!   Gwen does.

But that's not even a smidgen of the entire story.  This ex-wife has a terribly sad story of how their marriage of 25 years was torn apart by Remnant.  I kid you not, this lady is probably the sweetest lady I have ever met in my life.  And yet Gwen has the audacity to call this poor ex-wife controlling while marrying off her ex-husband to another RF member? 

One trait I've seen over and over is how much the word 'controlling' is used when trying to demonize the spouse or parents who aren't on board with Remnant.  My brain almost explodes at the irony and, yet, somehow they get away with it with their members.  They don't see it.

Elizabeth really looks unhealthy.  I don't like to gossip about anybody, but I would be really afraid for her.  She can't be happy or feel good.  As LovelyLuna stated, she looks very brittle and like the slightest bump could cause a broken bone.

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Spare hair, lots of it.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:31 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

bahahaha! this cracks me up! Considering Gwen was married for a long time and had 2 kids and Joe has a kid out of wed-lock and he was a hot actor so the odds are good he had action when he wasn't in a relationship. Yup, real pure! It isn't like Gwen & Joe are widows and this is only their 2nd physical relationship. :pb_rollseyes:

Might I remind you of my concept of covenant divorce? It's like God gave them a special dispensation to shed their entire pasts because Gwen deserves a hunk.  I know, I know, past his prime, but hey. 

Anyway, who's the hair fluffer anointed to elevate Gwen's hair? 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived