IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

55 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

If she was open about it that would mean there was "bad fruit".

How exactly does she explain this to her new husband and the congregation? "Sorry honey, I have to hide that I married you because it would look bad."What reason would she tell the congregation she is hiding the fact that she is divorced and remarried? They all know this fact, so what justification can she give that isn't "I need to hide it so people can't point out my hypocrisy."?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why does she want to completely hide her new marriage? I understand keeping it quiet but completely hiding it makes her look suspicious as hell. It’s incredibly stupid to hide it like this.

And hiding makes it seem like it's not real which will take a toll on Joe at some point I'd think. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

How exactly does she explain this to her new husband and the congregation? "Sorry honey, I have to hide that I married you because it would look bad."What reason would she tell the congregation she is hiding the fact that she is divorced and remarried? They all know this fact, so what justification can she give that isn't "I need to hide it so people can't point out my hypocrisy."?

She hid away the last husband. Not sure why I thought this one would be different.

I suppose within Remnant -- where no one questions her hypocrisy and goes along with everything she says/does, he'll have a presence -- but she's going to try her damnedest to keep the divorce/remarriage/custody battle hidden to the outside world. I figure once the initial heat is off, she'll try to quietly change her profiles and act like he was her husband all along.

But any seekers who Google "Gwen Shamblin" and "Divorce" will find this forum up near the tippy top, as well as her divorce documents for all to see!

Wikipedia update: Someone added "Gwen was married to David Shamblin until June 2018. She married Joe Lara on August 18, 2018." We'll see how long that lasts.

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

Wikipedia update: Someone added "Gwen was married to David Shamblin until June 2018. She married Joe Lara on August 18, 2018." We'll see how long that lasts.

And a screenshot for prosperity

gsl.thumb.JPG.78d2a9d9ad9375e904195c113cab7e53.JPG

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And a screenshot for prosperity

And ... it's already gone from Wikipedia. David Shamblin and Joe Lara have been removed from her personal history yet again.

Gwen's NIV 1984 Bible (the ONLY one she and the church uses; all others contradict Gwen's God's message) appears to be missing some verses about honesty.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 2.49.18 PM.png

4 hours ago, sajetime said:

Gwen's NIV 1984 Bible (the ONLY one she and the church uses; all others contradict Gwen's God's message) appears to be missing some verses about honesty.

Well, this is sort of refreshing since most of the people we discuss are KJV ONLY!!!!!11!!!!!!11!!!!!

Y'all are cracking me up! It's Wednesday night though and they are in service so half a chance of this surviving for more than 5 minutes.

IMG_8355.jpg.1770b6f782763639e6e19d7aed4f5b36.jpg

Maybe it's time for Gwen to get the Doug Phillips (is a tool) treatment. Which phrase to use? Gwen Shamblin is a sham? Fo reference: 

"2) Doug Phillips is a Tool Campaign: The Doug Phillips is a tool campaign started, well because Doug Phillips is a Tool and it just cannot be said enough!! To find out how it all started:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5451

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7783

The goal of Doug Phillips is a tool campaign is simple. To get the google[bot] to recognize and inform the world that Doug Phillips is a Tool!"

24 minutes ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Maybe it's time for Gwen to get the Doug Phillips (is a tool) treatment. Which phrase to use? Gwen Shamblin is a sham

OH! I like Gwen Shamblin is a sham because Gwen Shamblin is a Sham for religion and for weight loss. Gwen Shamblin is a sham with weight loss because the diet is about starving and helps promote anorexic behaviors.  Gwen Shamblin is a sham of Christianity because she denies the trinity. 

I can just imagine the conversation at Gwen's home.

Current husband: "Honey, you seem upset, what is the matter?"

Gwen: "Awful, awful people keep editing my Wiki page to say I'm married to you! This persecution is the worst!"

I wonder if he knew going in she was going to publicly pretend she wasn't married to him and try to erase any mentions of their marriage. 

12 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Y'all are cracking me up! It's Wednesday night though and they are in service so half a chance of this surviving for more than 5 minutes.

Since 1996??

Sophistry! She’s lived in the house since then (one of the eleventy billion she owns), and they slipped Joe in without a date.
Naughty naught, RF.

15 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Spoiler

Wikipedia watch: And it's already gone. No mention of Joe (or the former Mr. Gwen) to be found on the page yet again.

And again, Remnant did not have a live broadcast last night for its Wednesday service, opting for local members to meet with their small groups and out-of-towners to watch a rebroadcast. This is becoming a trend. They haven't had any live services for weeks now (and during Days of Awe, one of their holy times of the year). It seems this showy church body is suddenly camera-shy.

35 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Wikipedia watch: And it's already gone. No mention of Joe (or the former Mr. Gwen) to be found on the page yet again.

And again, Remnant did not have a live broadcast last night for its Wednesday service, opting for local members to meet with their small groups and out-of-towners to watch a rebroadcast. This is becoming a trend. They haven't had any live services for weeks now (and during Days of Awe, one of their holy times of the year). Suddenly it seems this showy church body really does not want to be on camera.

Maybe Gwen and Tarzan are on their honeymoon, and went with a rebroadcast while they were gone? Still, most churches survive just fine when their pastor is on vacation*. Do they realize how cult-like it seems to be so reliant on one person?

*A couple years ago my pastor went on a long vacation (their first in a long time) to Europe with his wife and daughter to celebrate their wedding anniversary and their daughter's birthday. The brand-new minister of music was also out of town for a few days during the week. The only members of staff left were the children's minister and the church secretary, both of whom had left for the day - when the church caught fire. Yes, the one time our pastor went on a long vacation, the church burned down. We told him to stay on his trip and enjoy it, and the deacons took care of everything until he returned. 

29 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe Gwen and Tarzan are on their honeymoon, and went with a rebroadcast while they were gone? Still, most churches survive just fine when their pastor is on vacation*. Do they realize how cult-like it seems to be so reliant on one person?

*A couple years ago my pastor went on a long vacation (their first in a long time) to Europe with his wife and daughter to celebrate their wedding anniversary and their daughter's birthday. The brand-new minister of music was also out of town for a few days during the week. The only members of staff left were the children's minister and the church secretary, both of whom had left for the day - when the church caught fire. Yes, the one time our pastor went on a long vacation, the church burned down. We told him to stay on his trip and enjoy it, and the deacons took care of everything until he returned.  

That's a PRICELESS story!

As for this week, yes, Gwen and Tarzan, could be on a honeymoon. What's interesting in Remnant is that many of the couples (at least the young ones) include their whole families on their honeymoon, which is often to Gwen's Destin, FL vacation home. And Gwen seldom goes anywhere without a bunch of her minions around her; I don't think she can stand not controlling things at all times.

When she's gone, other leaders usually open/close services and they'll invite members to share testimonies. For Remnant to go this long -- almost a whole month -- without a live service seems highly unusual (then again, so is a "prophet" who preaches against divorce getting divorced and immediately remarried).

It’s pretty likely Gwen is honeymooning in Destin with her “crew.” Here are a couple of posts from FB:

07FA7E85-DBD2-45AB-9E84-DBFDF6A46333.jpeg

22832821-42E5-402F-80D7-62EB8CAFE117.jpeg

Oy! with the all white boho look.  A better way to vacation? I say again, these people are so weird.  I have two white outfits, for Yom Kippur. Sometimes I wear the pieces separately, but not often, because I don’t have a whole load of whites to go in the washer.  I guess they have the opposite problem.  

How is constant starvation #Heaven on earth?  I would be overflowing with a hangry attitude not acts of kindness.  To the members that left, did you go out and buy a bunch of crazy outfits?  Please tell me there was some mad floral or print action when you became free.

I have a question for RFSurvivor and RFSurvivor_2. If you do not mind sharing, I am curious as to what you and other ex-Remnant members have found as church homes, if any? Are you able to start believing in the trinity? I am not an RF member but I have watched the webcast, especially when Gwen is preaching, because I do not believe in the trinity either (not since college) and I agree with her interpretation of many biblical passages (not all!). I also go to a mainline protestant church in order to participate in outreach and fellowship. Hair, makeup, clothing, etc. are not important to me. It would be nice to find a non-trinitarian church and wondered if you had found one. (I have tried the Unitarian church - not for me)

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

Oy! with the all white boho look.  A better way to vacation? I say again, these people are so weird.  I have two white outfits, for Yom Kippur. Sometimes I wear the pieces separately, but not often, because I don’t have a whole load of whites to go in the washer.  I guess they have the opposite problem.  

How is constant starvation #Heaven on earth?  I would be overflowing with a hangry attitude not acts of kindness.  To the members that left, did you go out and buy a bunch of crazy outfits?  Please tell me there was some mad floral or print action when you became free.

White was to portray purity. Hence all the white outfits. I have so many cringy photos in white outfits at the beach. 

14 minutes ago, Observer said:

I have a question for RFSurvivor and RFSurvivor_2. If you do not mind sharing, I am curious as to what you and other ex-Remnant members have found as church homes, if any? Are you able to start believing in the trinity? I am not an RF member but I have watched the webcast, especially when Gwen is preaching, because I do not believe in the trinity either (not since college) and I agree with her interpretation of many biblical passages (not all!). I also go to a mainline protestant church in order to participate in outreach and fellowship. Hair, makeup, clothing, etc. are not important to me. It would be nice to find a non-trinitarian church and wondered if you had found one. (I have tried the Unitarian church - not for me)

We don’t mind sharing, @RFSurvivor_2 and I are atheists now. 

For those of you who have first hand experience with Remnant, you may want to take the opportunity to write your truthful reviews of the church on google reviews, yelp ect. My one poor review doesn't make a dent in it when they get their minions to write their reviews. People deserve to know.

Question. What is with Remnant and using WhatsApp? 

That's not the correct way to vacation. The correct way to vacation is someplace with a comfy lounger, unlimited tasty beverages that they bring to you, and a book. White dresses on the beach are not a vacation.

Unrelated: That's a lot of people to bring on a honeymoon.

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

That's not the correct way to vacation. The correct way to vacation is someplace with a comfy lounger, unlimited tasty beverages that they bring to you, and a book. White dresses on the beach are not a vacation.

Unrelated: That's a lot of people to bring on a honeymoon.

I assume Gwen requires a lot of ass kissing. The more lips the better. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I assume Gwen requires a lot of ass kissing. The more lips the better. 

I'm sure that's true. Personally though, I can't imagine having that many people with me on a vacation. I need my peace and quiet and space. Constantly having to interact with friends would make me nuts. I love my friends, I do, but i need my space.

Just now, Destiny said:

I'm sure that's true. Personally though, I can't imagine having that many people with me on a vacation. I need my peace and quiet and space. Constantly having to interact with friends would make me nuts. I love my friends, I do, but i need my space.

I feel the same way. However I imagine Gwen gets some alone time. I’m sure she has scheduled ass kissing time and then her alone time with Tarzan. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived