IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

Gwen used to do her hair and makeup like most people. She was very polished looking. Why does she make her hair so high and how does she get it that way?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Lara and his ex have a public court date for November 5th. Open to the public......open to the media........

And I didn't call the media last time, but I got blamed for it so hey.....maybe I'll live up to their expectations this time around. 

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Gwen used to do her hair and makeup like most people. She was very polished looking. Why does she make her hair so high and how does she get it that way?

The higher the hair, the closer to God Gwen!

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Why does she make her hair so high and how does she get it that way?

I have been puzzling over this. There has to be insane levels of hairspray and a bump it or two. Why she would do this is beyond me. 

It is my understanding that Gwen is quite petite. As her authority and stature as cult leader grew, I surmise that she wanted to increase the appearance of authority, thus the exaggerated platform shoes and hair to make her seem taller.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:33 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I just had a thought about the last name "Shamblin". I assume that is David's last name (given the year they were married).

Can a divorce decree order the one that changed their name to stop using it for profit? So for Gwen, could David (through the divorce) say the name is his and he doesn't want her to use his last name to sell Weigh Down any longer. I am not an attorney, I work in child support but we don't get very many spousal support/alimony only cases so I am not sure if that would be allowed.

I know I'm dragging this up from like 15 pages ago but, yes, yes he could. Well, he could have tried anyway. Mr. D put in his divorce decree. It didn't stop her still using it until she got remarried though. He probably could have made an issue out of it if he'd been really petty. I imagine that IF David had tried there would have been an arguement about her name being tied to her income, so he may not have been successful. 

I've finally caught up on this thread now. I've had lots of thoughts about things along the way, but by the end, I'm just so sad and worried for the children being raised in this cult. Malnutrition in growing bodies has lifelong ramifications. Not to mention the psychological damage this much food obsession causes.

It always seems so odd to me that extremists of all flavors focus so much on one thing that it ends having the opposite outcome to their intention. These ones say that they're removing food as a false idol and end up focusing more on food than anything else.

Forget the hair for a moment.
WTF is with the foundation? It’s two or three shades lighter than her skin and not even vaguely blended. That’s not a style, it’s just BIZARRE.
Why is her makeup so bad? WHY? I’ve seen the divorce decree, she’s rolling in cash, she’s got no excuse for bad makeup.

3 hours ago, bea said:

WTF is with the foundation? It’s two or three shades lighter than her skin and not even vaguely blended. That’s not a style, it’s just BIZARRE.

It's the other-worldly crypt keeper look, also favored by Elizabeth.

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

It's the other-worldly crypt keeper look, also favored by Elizabeth.

4 hours ago, bea said:

Forget the hair for a moment.
Why is her makeup so bad? WHY? I’ve seen the divorce decree, she’s rolling in cash, she’s got no excuse for bad makeup.

Story time, I was in hosanna symphony for a few of the performances and Elizabeth directly told me to put some better blush on because I was washed out from the stage lights *eye roll*

Meanwhile, David Shamblin sure seems like he’s living his best life! Check out his Facebook quote. He’s a very scholarly man, so his choice of words is no accident. I interpret this as a big middle finger to Gwen. She is the adversity. And he — who had been labeled an unbeliever — is now saying, “There is a God!” because he’s been delivered from her.

09622F7C-182E-49CB-956F-0EB16AB30D23.jpeg

20 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Meanwhile, David Shamblin sure seems like he’s living his best life! Check out his Facebook quote. He’s a very scholarly man, so his choice of words is no accident. I interpret this as a big middle finger to Gwen. She is the adversity. And he — who had been labeled an unbeliever — is now saying, “There is a God!” because he’s been delivered from her.

09622F7C-182E-49CB-956F-0EB16AB30D23.jpeg

Interesting that it says David Shamblin went to the Harding School of Theology in Memphis. 

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Interesting that it says David Shamblin went to the Harding School of Theology in Memphis. 

The RFSurviors will know more. I think he changed academic/career paths a few times. He certainly has a religious education (he wanted his theology books in the divorce and a Martin Luther painting), but was not ever really a member of Remnant . I remember Gwen saying in a Beulah talk that he wasn’t a believer ... whether that meant in HER religion or ALL religion, I don’t know. Either way, being away from her has led to him feeling spiritually renewed!

On 8/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Even from the early days of Remnant, Gwen was secretly video taping and coming in between son/daughter and their own parents.

Here's a very informative (and very long, but worth the read!!) post from an ex-Remnant member back from the very beginning of the Remnant days.  This same article could have been written today because the exact same dynamics are still at work with Gwen's cult.  Really, nothing much has changed.  The only thing that changes over time is Gwen's net worth and more and more broken families.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.support.ex-cult/XIrTguuYt7c
(You have to click on that first post from Matt for the post to expand out.)

Here is a very small excerpt of the very lengthy post:  (I bolded the heartbreaking part).

That post was made from text cut and paste some how out of the Google cache of a testimony we once had on the Spiritwatch site which the authors wrote and gave us to share. They began to catch the typical blowback RF members inflict upon non RF family who resist compliance with their demands and go so far as to visibly display opposition, Dire threats of shunning, separation and cutting off all ties and relationships are among the M.O. of cults who use these horrors in trying to control their critics and shut them down.  We agreed to pull the article at their request but someone snapped up the text and placed it up there.

In any case, I was asked to speak at this parents meeting and share why RF was indeed a budding cult by a representative of quite a number of families who had loves ones  join it. My wife and I drove up to the church at dusk where it was held and because the site location - which had been kept secret - got compromised it was hastily set up at the church we ended up at. It was off the beaten path deep in Middle Tennessee.

We went in to meet the hosts and other speakers who would be facilitating the meeting and I had some things to get out of the car so I went back out to it. I had felt walking in something was not quite right in the air outside.  And when I walked back with my stuff out to the church from the parking lot I distinctly got the impression that there were eyes upon me and upon that church. I could sense it and had no reason for that to come to mind other than the worse case scenario about this that I could imagine but didn't want to .. and I slowly sauntered back, stopping and looking around a bit and let my body language know I knew someone was out there. I wanted them to know I knew they were out there.

Then a few years later and quite unsolicited, we got this testimony of just who those eyeballs were attached to ,. the sycophantic youth seeking to climb into Ms. Gwen's orbit.

39_jpg.jpg

Oh, what do you get for the cult leader getting hitched that has everything?

If I had been invited, I would have brought this for the two of them:

This would have been enough, I think. Ex-RF will agree.

3985764708_f14966cff4_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

That post was made from text cut and paste some how out of the Google cache of a testimony we once had on the Spiritwatch site which the authors wrote and gave us to share. They began to catch the typical blowback RF members inflict upon non RF family who resist compliance with their demands and go so far as to visibly display opposition, Dire threats of shunning, separation and cutting off all ties and relationships are among the M.O. of cults who use these horrors in trying to control their critics and shut them down.  We agreed to pull the article at their request but someone snapped up the text and placed it up there.

In any case, I was asked to speak at this parents meeting and share why RF was indeed a budding cult by a representative of quite a number of families who had loves ones  join it. My wife and I drove up to the church at dusk where it was held and because the site location - which had been kept secret - got compromised it was hastily set up at the church we ended up at. It was off the beaten path deep in Middle Tennessee.

We went in to meet the hosts and other speakers who would be facilitating the meeting and I had some things to get out of the car so I went back out to it. I had felt walking in something was not quite right in the air outside.  And when I walked back with my stuff out to the church from the parking lot I distinctly got the impression that there were eyes upon me and upon that church. I could sense it and had no reason for that to come to mind other than the worse case scenario about this that I could imagine but didn't want to .. and I slowly sauntered back, stopping and looking around a bit and let my body language know I knew someone was out there. I wanted them to know I knew they were out there.

Then a few years later and quite unsolicited, we got this testimony of just who those eyeballs were attached to ,. the sycophantic youth seeking to climb into Ms. Gwen's orbit.

39_jpg.jpg

I get that you're trying to have a dramatic style, but it's obscuring what you're trying to say. What is this picture? Do you mean these specific kids? Or is it a reference to generic "youth"? What testimony? Who was watching?

It would be great if you would just say things clearly.

8 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

Oh, what do you get for the cult leader getting hitched that has everything?

If I had been invited, I would have brought this for the two of them:

This would have been enough, I think. Ex-RF will agree.

3985764708_f14966cff4_b.jpg

Rafael, what do you make out of recent events at Remnant — like Gwen’s divorce, wedding and custody battle? 

12 hours ago, sajetime said:

Meanwhile, David Shamblin sure seems like he’s living his best life!

Yes, his profile pic looks like that of a newly happy man!  The only information on his profile is where he went to school and Relationship: Single.  It will be a riot if he decides to get buff now that he's single.  

53 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yes, his profile pic looks like that of a newly happy man!  The only information on his profile is where he went to school and Relationship: Single.  It will be a riot if he decides to get buff now that he's single.  

And if he finds someone younger and naturally beautiful! Someone like Joe Lara’s ex Natasha! Wouldn’t that be something?! All Gwen’s millions supporting her ex AND his ex! David, if you’re reading, give Natasha a call!

22 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

It is my understanding that Gwen is quite petite. As her authority and stature as cult leader grew, I surmise that she wanted to increase the appearance of authority, thus the exaggerated platform shoes and hair to make her seem taller.

I am petite. like normal body weight small (I am 5'2" and after 3 kids I wear a size 6 in bottoms). I also am an expert in my state in my work. I exude authority on my topics of expertise without resulting in higher than hell hair or platform stripper heels. I wear normal business casual attire and know my subjects.

I wouldn't doubt, especially someone with less confidence*, resorting to high hair and platform heels for the appearance of authority.

*Yes, I think Gwen doesn't have a lot of confidence. I think people like her try to control everything and discard people because they don't follow her rules because she doesn't have confidence that people will follow her without all the rules. See also Trump, and pretty much every cult leader.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:17 PM, Howl said:

Also, it's driving me crazy that "Gwen" doesn't lend itself to create a portmanteau name for her and Tarzan.  Gwe-Zan or GTar just doesn't do it.  Although Zan-Gwen (rhymes with sanguine) might work. 

GwarZan ?

11 minutes ago, adidas said:

GwarZan ?

GWAR might be offended to be associated with those two. 

12 minutes ago, adidas said:

GwarZan ?

Brain now awash with images of GWAR which is kind of appropriate, given my fondness for some of their songs anode Gwen's appearance which would fit right in. Gwen's stage name could be Hairiumus Excessus. GWAR-Zan!

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am petite. like normal body weight small (I am 5'2" and after 3 kids I wear a size 6 in bottoms). I also am an expert in my state in my work. I exude authority on my topics of expertise without resulting in higher than hell hair or platform stripper heels. I wear normal business casual attire and know my subjects.

I wouldn't doubt, especially someone with less confidence*, resorting to high hair and platform heels for the appearance of authority.

*Yes, I think Gwen doesn't have a lot of confidence. I think people like her try to control everything and discard people because they don't follow her rules because she doesn't have confidence that people will follow her without all the rules. See also Trump, and pretty much every cult leader.

Mt comment was speaking to a cult leader mindset, not a normal petite person like you. I don't think anyone has to do anything to appear authoritarian, as it is behavior that does that. But Gwen is obviously into appearances and weirs symbolism. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived