IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

So while banning all appearance talk might make sense HERE

Not addressed to you Georgiana, just jumpstarting from your words. I don't think that banning appearances talk makes sense ESPECIALLY here. I mean we are discussing a personal cult whose leader sports the only mane creepier than the one inhabiting the WH! There's no way in heaven or hell that that level of ridiculousness coupled with evilness goes unsnarked! We won't stop mocking the Oval Office curtains matching dead cat out of "respect" for his voters. I don't see how stopping to make fun of the appearance of a woman who could give Morticia Addams lessons would help survivors. If you can't even admit her ridiculousness you aren't ready to criticize her in more significant ways.

Of course this shouldn't prevent discussing more constructive arguments. Saying that Agent Orange is a horrid pimple in the ass of humanity doesn't obstruct discussions on how he's fucking up the whole planet. I don't see why we, a snark site, should give a nobody like Gwen more leeway than we give to the President of the United States and his once respectable office.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I don't think that banning appearances talk makes sense ESPECIALLY here.

It is hard to discuss her without mentioning the hair! I was attempting to explain her to my husband last night and all he could focus on his her hair! He is used to me discussing some of our odder topics and I explained that Gwen started a weight loss program that seems to be a cover for her eating disorder and it then morphed into an eating disorder cult. His question was how did people get sucked in when she goes around looking like that. New recruits have to question the hair. And the weird way everyone seems to tend to wear pastel Magnolia Pearlish clothing. How do people get past the initial surprise that must come with seeing how Gwen fixes her hair and dresses? Do they have an explanation? Gothard at least wrote booklets explaining why he wanted us to dress like weirdos, does RF have some equivalent thing that explains Gwen's hair and style of dress? 

3 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

If you can't even admit her ridiculousness you aren't ready to criticize her in more significant ways.

I think being able to make light of the repressive things that once help people back is an important step. Gwen has caused so much harm and people were made to feel like they couldn't criticize her, but you know what? Her hair is fucking ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

We just couldn't resist ... since Gwen gave us our name in a court deposition years ago, we decided to Rise Above to the occasion and embrace our name as the Pathologic Antagonist.

Hi, Truth Rises To The Topsters!   We at Spiritwatch Ministries have been, are, and will be watching YOU also.  Our eyes and ears are all over your culture, and we have nothing to hide. THE truth about your alternate reality we have told the world of for over 15 years IS our defense. Knock yourselves out trying to outGoogle us in vain and go on enjoying licking your potato chips.

You might gain a whole Zionworld but your souls are lost and adrift and what will you give for that is what the Jesus of the Bible will ask you some day .. not the jesus of Gwenland.  Still, you remain in our prayers and we will be ready to meet with you when the latest egocentric outrage within your hot house religion finally drives you to your knees wondering how you got there.

We are the best friends you hate above all. We will never return that to you. We are ready to help you out of that madness.

God have mercy on you all because the tender mercies of Remnant are utterly failing you now.

Would you like to try this introduction again, this time in words that make sense outside your brain?

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Would you like to try this introduction again, this time in words that make sense outside your brain?

If the Spiritwatch Ministries is of any indication, what you ask is simply not possible.

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

He’s Rafael Martinez (or a member of his watchdog group) and has been the most steadfast, outspoken critic of Gwen since the church was founded. And he’s a badass. She sued him, seeking millions for defamation, and lost, then appealed and lost. He never flinched. He has helped a lot of people who left Remnant.

14 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

@RFsurvivor & @RFSurvivor_2  appreciate you being so open.  And you are former members of a cult which means people will be jerks.  IRL and online people say the stupidest stuff (I do it too and am really good at foot in mouth sometimes).    My experience was that leaving a cult (formerly known as LDS) meant losing almost every "friend" and "mentor" and starting again.  Wherever you end up, ask questions and talk to the leadership of that faith group and don't get stuck on ex-RF (or ex-Mormon).  And one day it will dawn on you that the cost was totally worth it to be free.  

Thanks a ton. Your words are much appreciated!

We have made great progress and strides in regards to our post cult recovery over the past few years. As you know, it is extremely hard to de-program over a decade+ of mental garbage. We lost many family and friends already; The facebook removals were events that @RFsurvivor and I anticipated happening after speaking out. We didn't anticipate how quickly they would do such a thing, especially without speaking to us first. Also, I had somewhat of a glimmer of hope that these family members wouldn't be brainwashed enough to do something like this. They proved us wrong. It is what it is at this point. I was telling @RFsurvivor that this solidifies a lot of deep feelings I had about these family members for a years now. She felt the same way.

At the end of the day, it wasnt I nor @RFsurvivor that put the tourch to a sensitive and shaky relationship. If anything at this point, we feel peace. This peace is totally worth it. We aren't going to let anyone jepordize it.

At this point I believe it is not even worth reaching out, therefore @RFsurvivor and I have decided to cease communications with them indefinitely. Hopefully they one day will see the truth about that place and get out while they still can.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

He’s Rafael Martinez (or a member of his watchdog group) and has been the most steadfast, outspoken critic of Gwen since the church was founded. And he’s a badass. She sued him, seeking millions for defamation, and lost, then appealed and lost. He never flinched. He has helped a lot of people who left Remnant.

Perhaps he should work a bit on introductions. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I'm can translate many things but that was lost on me. 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Perhaps he should work a bit on introductions. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I'm can translate many things but that was lost on me. 

Your point and that of others is well taken about introductions. 

Gwen Shamblin once called me a "pathologic antagonist" while I was dealing with her deposition in the 2nd lawsuit they threw our way, which we won. Hence my chosen title.

However, that message was aimed straight at the working group RF has in place to watch the internet for bad press. They are called informally "Truth Rises To The Top" and it was meant for them to mull over. I can see how it would be not understood and my apologies. They know who they are and they also have an unreasoning hatred for people who tell the truth about them. That's partly due to their indoctrination and mind control and partly due to being "spirit filled", but with another spirit and because they follow the chimera of another jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4).  

I wanted them to know we have been watching them do what they do for years and we aren't going away soon, nor are their efforts to net-clog us out of Google going to ever work. Above all, I wanted them to know we are the best friends they ever had and when the cognitive dissonance of being in that place gets even too much for them that we are ready to talk.

And it had some snark of our own in it. Sorry that got lost on you.

I am a pastor and have been part of the resistance to the RF group since 2002. I have never been a member but have helped people in and out of cults for years as part of my ministry. I am licensed with the Church of God (Cleveland) and celebrated being licensed with it for over 25 years.  I was called to the ministry in 1983 after watching in church a film called "The Cult Explosion". That turned out to be prophetic, I think. 

I am a busy pastor - that's my calling - but I cannot walk away from warning or helping people about this or any other cult.  Yet I simply don't have time to be involved much online in stuff anymore except maybe my family FB page, so I will not be checking here often. I just did for this initial conflict and contact with RF in this time of my life. I wanted to make sure RF knows we are still very much around and absolutely want them to remember that the truth DOES rise to the top and it will get shouted from the housetops. Thanks for your patience with me. 

Oh, Topsters .. it's help@spiritwatch.org .. Anytime you are ready.  Send all the viruses you want and false ex-members stuff you want.  We are ready to clear the tares from the wheat.

I pray you fall on the Rock and be broken because the alternative which you are shadowed under is not going to be pretty.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

Yes, thanks.  I got who it was and remember Gwen's failed lawsuit.  Spiritwatch has done a great job.  In that post he was essentially offering help to people who want to escape the RF madness.  

The problem was that I had to read the post three times before I finally understood that he wasn't telling me to enjoy licking my potato chips. ;)

Thanks for clarifying @Pathologic Antagonist.  I'm glad to cybermeet you.

15 minutes ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

I pray you fall on the Rock and be broken

I'll translate for those who don't speak Bible. He isn't actually praying they fall on rocks and be broken. He wants them to rely on Jesus and not the teachings of Gwen. 

We have people from all walks of life and countries here, so when someone is of a different religious(or non-religious) mindset and English is a second(or third) language a whole lot can lost in translation. 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is hard to discuss her without mentioning the hair!

Yes, the hair is a topic many people discuss about Gwen and she knows it. However, it is not discussed/made fun of by members. If you look at photos of her earlier on in the 90's and even from 10 years ago her hair was not that high. It seemed to have gotten larger as her ego grew. Talk about it going to your head, huh? 

I have heard it said before that Gwen believes your hair is like your crown...in that case, since she's "royalty" she must have the largest crown?

I have heard Gwen, from a video on YouTube or online, say something regarding pharistical legalism and how when she first became a Christian, there were many “who were like the Amish” and how they were being legalistic when they said they can’t do their make up a certain way. She also said something like that she, even from the womb, “wanted to dance and was kicking, spinning” and that saying Christians can’t dance is a legalistic “man-made rule”.

Girlfriend has not met Jill Rodrigues. JRod has found all justifications for those things (right?) and still is as dogmatic, fundamentalist as they come.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'll translate for those who don't speak Bible. He isn't actually praying they fall on rocks and be broken. He wants them to rely on Jesus and not the teachings of Gwen. 

We have people from all walks of life and countries here, so when someone is of a different religious(or non-religious) mindset and English is a second(or third) language a whole lot can lost in translation. 

You know, the nuances of this are  indeed very clear and I should be better at that .. there's many audiences here and I need to keep that in mind. And again, thank you for your clarification.  I always was a bull in a china shop although I try hard to tiptoe. 

I appreciate everyone's patience with my halting entrance onto FJ.  It won't be often but I will leave it at that now here. Have a better day.

25 minutes ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

It won't be often but I will leave it at that now here. Have a better day.

Very glad you stopped by and hope you will as much as possible! Would *love* to know your thoughts on recent Remnant developments, including but not limited to Gwen's divorce, marriage and now custody battle!

21 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

However, it is not discussed/made fun of by members.

It is like the Emperor's new clothes. Everyone must know it looks ridiculous, but everyone pretends it doesn't lest they draw the wrath of Gwen. They just need a little kid to pop up and speak the truth. 

If I knew absolutely nothing about Gwen and was invited to her church, I would have to ask the person who invited me what was up with her hair. Do newbies not question it? Her hair is startling. 

17 minutes ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

there's many audiences here and I need to keep that in mind. And again, thank you for your clarification.

No problem. Many people don't realize the diversity we have here. FJ has managed to bring together people from all over the world, all walks of life and all belief systems and we mostly manage to get along!  

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It is like the Emperor's new clothes. Everyone must know it looks ridiculous, but everyone pretends it doesn't lest they draw the wrath of Gwen. They just need a little kid to pop up and speak the truth. 

If I knew absolutely nothing about Gwen and was invited to her church, I would have to ask the person who invited me what was up with her hair. Do newbies not question it? Her hair is startling.  

Well, it is The South. And we do tend to like our big hair. Still, hers is next level.

I thought it was crazy at first, then at some point totally stopped noticing it -- if you're at all involved in that culture, her decisions are simply not questioned! It really began to look normal to me.

Recently I told my fiancee about my experience, the Tarzan stuff, etc. He was incredulous; he looked at her picture and said, "People *believe* HER?" I still don't think I see what people who never drank the Kool-Aid see when it comes to her.

Wikipedia update: She’s been edited back to Shamblin again, and the added notation about her marrying Joe Lara went poof.

B2E6BEB4-D40D-42C1-8CC3-76AEC0250076.jpeg

Why does she want to completely hide her new marriage? I understand keeping it quiet but completely hiding it makes her look suspicious as hell. It’s incredibly stupid to hide it like this.

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why does she want to completely hide her new marriage? 

Fear.

Fear can turn even the most brilliant of schemers into a reckless fool. Gwen and company know that they cannot logically justify this marriage to those outside of RF. Instead of making some huge statment and trying to fight it, they will run, hide and throw it under a rug. Note that FJ, the courts (custody battle), news stations and more all have eyes on her and RF. She feels the pressure and its getting to her.

2 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

You know, the nuances of this are  indeed very clear and I should be better at that .. there's many audiences here and I need to keep that in mind. And again, thank you for your clarification.  I always was a bull in a china shop although I try hard to tiptoe. 

I appreciate everyone's patience with my halting entrance onto FJ.  It won't be often but I will leave it at that now here. Have a better day.

Good to see you on here Rafael!

6 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

I get what you wrote now, after seeing a few posts about you.  But it did come across odd, although I have not been here that long I understand that a couple of people have come here to defend their outlook/belief/church/etc. from Freejinger and that was my first thought when I read your post.  I'm glad I was wrong, it does sound like you can help and have helped lots of people.

Found a 2012 story from a Brentwood publication about then-recent transplant Joe Lara. (https://brentwoodhomepage.com/songwriter-shares-an-only-in-brentwood-story/)

In it the writer says: “Turns out me and Joe are fast friends and I find out he and his wife are also devout Christians who decided to move here from California because it’s a way better place to raise kids.”

Fascinating for a number of reasons:

1. Joe Lara was not married.

2. In fact, Joe Lara never married his baby mama.

3. But he either lied or inferred that he was married to his longtime baby mama.

4. He claimed to be a devout Christian while shacking up with his baby mama and lying about it.

5. They moved to Nashville because it’s a better place to raise child ... but now they’re now estranged and engaged in a custody battle and the mother is asking for the judge’s removal, citing abuse of power and incompetence. He’s now married to a woman who denounces devout Christianity, save for her own peculiar form. And the child will at least partly be raised by Gwennie Dearest. So how did that work out for them?

So Gwen is attempting to hide that she is divorced and remarried. That sort of thing just never works out in the long run, Gwen. Better just to be open and admit you got divorced and married a man who apparently made people think he was married to someone when he wasn't. 

9 hours ago, sajetime said:

5. They moved to Nashville because it’s a better place to raise child ... but now they’re now estranged and engaged in a custody battle and the mother is asking for the judge’s removal, citing abuse of power and incompetence. He’s now married to a woman who denounces devout Christianity, save for her own peculiar form. And the child will at least partly be raised by Gwennie Dearest. So how did that work out for them?

It may be true that it's a better place to raise a child, I have no idea.  However, it's probably a damn sight better for an aspiring songwriter/singer.

I'm sure that's totally a coinkydink though

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

So Gwen is attempting to hide that she is divorced and remarried. That sort of thing just never works out in the long run, Gwen. Better just to be open and admit you got divorced and married a man who apparently made people think he was married to someone when he wasn't. 

If she was open about it that would mean there was "bad fruit". They constantly are testifying of all the good fruit that is produced because of Gwen and Weigh Down and Remnant Fellowship - how can anyone say anything bad when there is all this good fruit?! That is why anything bad/negative that happens is kept hush hush and not discussed. Extensive work goes into hiding things. That is why everyone is supposed to put on a happy face aND smile and say "I'm SO good" even when they are not. 

It's all based upon these verses in Matthew 7 and trying to prove that all the other churches are false and Remnant is the true church...because of the fruit! 

15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why does she want to completely hide her new marriage? I understand keeping it quiet but completely hiding it makes her look suspicious as hell. It’s incredibly stupid to hide it like this.

While not hiding the fact that there was a wedding. I mean, holy cow, there was a lot of cars there. How could that many people fit and how could that not be a fire code violation?

2 hours ago, Curious said:

It may be true that it's a better place to raise a child, I have no idea.  However, it's probably a damn sight better for an aspiring songwriter/singer.

I'm sure that's totally a coinkydink though

I think he gave up on that aspiration. 2 failed careers, he had to figure out how to support himself.

55 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

If she was open about it that would mean there was "bad fruit". They constantly are testifying of all the good fruit that is produced because of Gwen and Weigh Down and Remnant Fellowship - how can anyone say anything bad when there is all this good fruit?! That is why anything bad/negative that happens is kept hush hush and not discussed. Extensive work goes into hiding things. That is why everyone is supposed to put on a happy face aND smile and say "I'm SO good" even when they are not. 

It's all based upon these verses in Matthew 7 and trying to prove that all the other churches are false and Remnant is the true church...because of the fruit! 

15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

They come to you in sheeps clothing.....as in white? I know they dress in white because they are "saints" but I like this better. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived