IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

4 hours ago, Hane said:

Question for RF insiders:  How is Gwen addressed? Is she called “Reverend” or “Pastor” or something? How about the people who lead RF worship services?

"Our Leader Gwen", "Miss Gwen", "Gwen", my brothers and I used to call her "Mama Gwen" and she loved it. Some call her "Prophet Gwen" or "Prophetess Gwen".

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2018 at 8:42 PM, Alisamer said:

Gwen's style seems more "Magnolia Pearl before it wore out and mildewed" along with a sort of pastel pinterest thing. JRod is more "80's heavy metal groupie going to church". I can't see Gwen having hot pink saloon-girl dresses in her wedding. I don't have any idea what she'll wear, but I bet the bridesmaids will all be in neutral light colors in a cut that hangs off them showing off how skinny they are.

In general Gwen's aesthetic is "villainous rich mother-in-law in romantic comedy" with a dash of "Kellyanne Conway put the One Ring on a few too many times". 

I assume Gwen and Tarzan Boy's wedding is still on for today.  Anyone heard anything yet?

5 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

I assume Gwen and Tarzan Boy's wedding is still on for today.  Anyone heard anything yet?

No, but I heard a thousand cans of Aqua Net cry out in terror and be suddenly silenced. 

Before I begin posting replies I just wanted to say hello! I found this forum after hearing word of Gwen's divorce and good old Google :) I was fortunate to get free from the snares of Remnant Fellowship. I have been reading as a spectator for several weeks now. (I found it therapeutic and reassuring of my decision to leave.) Since my "exodus" was recent I was fearful of joining in but I will not let them hold fear over my head anymore. Happy Covenant Wedding Day, Miss Gwen. When it rains it pours.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:28 PM, RFsurvivor said:

I find it very interesting that this was published by Heidi Welch who briefly formerly dated the groom, he ended the relationship but she still liked him. Maybe she was "encouraged" to write this to show her blessing?

6 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

I find it very interesting that this was published by Heidi Welch who briefly formerly dated the groom, he ended the relationship but she still liked him. Maybe she was "encouraged" to write this to show her blessing?

While I wouldn’t put it past them, if you look further, Heidi writes most of the articles and is in the WD staff photo from DO. 

31 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

Since my "exodus" was recent I was fearful of joining in but I will not let them hold fear over my head anymore.

Welcome! I'm glad you saw the light and aren't letting them use fear to silence you!

If you ever want to explore we discuss all sorts of insane things here. We have people who LITERALLY put children in cages, we have the world's worst missionary who spent a fortune on a plane with no wings and then there is Bro. Gary with his red weens in ME which you should not read about if you are eating. 

I wonder what sort of wedding dress she will wear? It is her second wedding but they are pretending the first never happened so.... Will it be ruffled? How high will her hair go? What pastel colors will she choose?

On 8/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, SJWaterford said:

They like to say the church and Weighdown are separate but cleary they aren't. I only added part of this chain so you'll have to go read the comment thread further if you are interested. You'll also see how her congregation just bombards the comments pages. 

Wfg Rob Day says

I know there are many people who would love to permanently get their weight off. The comment thread has been focused on Remnant fellowship church which obviously has people who have differing beliefs than they do. The point I would make about Weigh down is that it is a completely separate ministry than the church. Regardless of what your religious affiliation is, if you’re religious belief is that God should be number one in your life the principles taught at Weigh Down will work for you regardless of your religious affiliation. My wife lost over 70 pounds a decade prior to ever knowing that Gwen Shamblin also had a church. We were in Baptist and nondenominational churches during those 10 years and my wife was able to not only lose it but keep it off the entire time. This article was not about Remnant fellowship church. it was about the opportunity to learn sound faith based principles of how to make sure God is placed on a higher pedestal then food. The only religious person who should have an issue with that is someone whos religious beliefs tell them that it is OK to make food more important than God. In the WeighDown classes you do not learn about the church. You simply learn how to put food in its proper place and the result is your life changes dramatically for the good by having permanent weight loss. Hopefully that does not get lost as a result of a few individuals personal issues with a local church.

Glen Wingerd says

Rob Day,
I must point out an agregious discrepancy. You indicate that:

"The point I would make about Weigh down is that it is a completely separate ministry than the church." - Rob Day

This contrasts sharply with this excerpt from a recording of Gwen Shamblin:

"...that he had me understand Galatians of which it's been argued over for centuries with no one has this interpretation that I've ever read. No one out there. But that God not only matched it up, he let the country get fat, brought in Weigh Down, and matched it up to a message that it is from within..."
-Gwen Shamblin (http://www.remnantfellowship.org/.../Introduction-to...)

In this exceprt, Gwen not only explictly ties Weigh Down to her ministry at Remnant Fellowship, but ascertains that God allowed everyone to get fat so that God could then use Gwen Shamblin to bring in Weigh Down and the Remnant Fellowship to save everyone. This goes beyond heracy! Are you really surprised, when you read this, that Remnant is broadly labeled as a cult?

Don't try to tell me that Weigh Down is not only explicitly and as a legal non-profit tied directly to Remnant Fellowship but that Weigh Down, the weigh down workshops, the weigh down website, the weighdown materials, the weigh down seminars (held at the Remnant Fellowhip building) are all designed specifically to draw membership to Remnant Fellowship. More deception.

If you want to read more of the conversation and comments, you can go to this site. 

https://brentwoodhomepage.com/30-plus-years-and-the-weigh-down-workshop-and-gwen-shamblin-are-stronger-than-ever/

That was almost comical to read his defense that Weigh Down and the church are separate. Absolutely not! To webcast a service it takes you to a weigh down address, to tithe it takes you to a weigh down address. Wednesday services are ALL about Weigh Down. I once asked (how dare I ) why the church didn't do mission trips - I was told Weigh Down was their ministry. You don't join a bible study - you take a Weigh Down class. To listen to past sermons you have to pay for Weigh Down All Access. So where is the separation?

39 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

Before I begin posting replies I just wanted to say hello! I found this forum after hearing word of Gwen's divorce and good old Google :) I was fortunate to get free from the snares of Remnant Fellowship. I have been reading as a spectator for several weeks now. (I found it therapeutic and reassuring of my decision to leave.) Since my "exodus" was recent I was fearful of joining in but I will not let them hold fear over my head anymore. Happy Covenant Wedding Day, Miss Gwen. When it rains it pours.

Welcome!!!  So glad you're out!!  The healing process is different for everyone.  If/when you're willing to share, I'd love to know how long you were in RF (of course, leave out details that could identify you if you wish) and what led you to leave? 

Again, totally up to you on what/how much you'd like to share.  But so happy to see you here and to know one more person got out of there.

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder what sort of wedding dress she will wear? It is her second wedding but they are pretending the first never happened so.... Will it be ruffled? How high will her hair go? What pastel colors will she choose?

I'm sure it will all be very extravagant!  Very hypocritical because all other second weddings in the church are much more low key and usually on a Sunday - never as a Sabbath service. Typically very small and invite only. But since this is Gwen's I'm sure no expense (or volunteer hours and donations) will be spared. I'm just curious if she will give a "Covenant message" in her wedding gown? I'm betting the colors will be black and white. If any color probably beige tones or gold. 

The petty side of me can't wait to see what will surely be a hideous monstrosity of a wedding dress. 

ETA: And hair. Don't forget the hair. 

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The petty side of me can't wait to see what will surely be a hideous monstrosity of a wedding dress. 

ETA: And hair. Don't forget the hair. 

Will anyone be able to post pictures? I can't wait to see. 

3 minutes ago, OlderWiserMom said:

Will anyone be able to post pictures? I can't wait to see. 

The wedding is not being broadcast online like they normally do for Saturday weddings.  My understanding is there will be no posts to social media. 

It might be hard to see pictures of Gwen marring marrying Tarzan.

Since we won’t be seeing pictures of Gwen in her wedding dress, I’ll just post a picture of what she will probably look like:

60DA499C-A233-4B87-A1AE-0700795A48D7.jpeg

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since we won’t be seeing pictures of Gwen in her wedding dress, I’ll just post a picture of what she will probably look like:

Almost shot beer onto my work laptop through my nose. 

I'm dying over here, hahahah!

19 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

The wedding is not being broadcast online like they normally do for Saturday weddings.  My understanding is there will be no posts to social media. 

It might be hard to see pictures of Gwen marring marrying Tarzan.

Radio silence from Remnant today — at least to the outside world.

It’s almost as if she made everyone sign non-disclosure agreements and turn in their phones to attend ... as if real celebrities were getting married — not just Gwenzilla and Tarzan.

15 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Radio silence from Remnant today — at least to the outside world.

It’s almost as if Gwenzilla made everyone sign non-disclosure agreements and turn in their phones to attend ... as if real celebrities were getting married — not some washed up actor. 

I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this. I wouldn't be surprised at all. A friend who has a LOT of  RF members on his/her facebook page noted that nearly every single RF member has gone dark, and hasn't posted a thing over the past 24-48 hours.

The silence and lack of social media posts is not surprising. Not everything can be swept under the rug. Patience.

Gwenzan might be keeping it private for now, but she lives for attention. Eventually the marriage of the High Priestess to the King of the Jungle will have to be publicized. Her ego will need the boost from the adoring WDers.

1421859789_hiprstss.JPG.a6fa3b934ea47fde11a3dbf842558ecb.JPG

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the Bride in this picture had red hair, she would look a lot like I do - at least in terms of the grey/white on the sides of her head!

I hope that pictures do eventually come out, I would expect Gwen to go all out with virginal white, possibly a couture gown and nothing done cheap.

5 hours ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

Welcome! So glad you are here to shed light ... and snark! 

Hmm! How soon after this relationship did he begin seeing his now wife? 

And did you get the sense that this bride *knew* about her ex’s  leanings or was she completely blindsided/ lied to?

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived