IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, Audrey2 said:

My aunt didn't come from a particularly large family, but she is a very fast eater. The problem is, when she's done eating everyone else is done too, whether they know it or not. You learned very quickly to eat with one hand and hold on to your plate with the other hand, or else it would be gone!

so true! I was a fast eater growing up, slowed down a little in my late teen to early 20s. However that changed again once I had my baby. I would learn to eat somewhat at a steady pace before, and sometimes while I was nursing her. Hey mama has to eat! I would down like a 16 oz thing of water though while and after I was nursing her. Now I eat while she eats or after she goes down to bed (depending on my schedule)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@BachelorToTheRapture special needs children are kind of seen as a prize among high profile "prolife" people. Look at Sarah Palin's youngest Trap or Trip, something like that with Down Syndrome. She was all, look at me I didn't murder my "defective" baby aren't I spechul?

Rick Santorum's daughter Bella, has Trisomy 18, many parents choose to terminate because of this as most children diagnosed with Trismoy disorders die before their 1st birthday, less than 10% of children with Trisomy 18, live to as old as Bella, who is 10, the condition requires 24 hour care and can be financially draining for your average American who isn't getting congressional benefits, and big lobbying funds. They hold these kids over other peoples heads and say God is good, see, WE are just fine so you can shut up and deal with your sick babies too you don't need an abortion.  I would NEVER EVER tell an expectant parent that they were wrong to NOT terminate when given a diagnosis like this, because what ever choice they make is the right choice for them, hence being PRO-CHOICE.   

I think JinJer would parade a special needs child around as a prop for their "prolife" agenda, not try and hide it.  Both are awful, kids aren't pawns and shouldn't be used in that way and they should be made to feel ashamed or suffer for not being born "normal".  

FYI: Sarah Palin’s youngest son is named Trig Palin. He turned 10 late last year.

54 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

FYI: Sarah Palin’s youngest son is named Trig Palin. He turned 10 late last year.

Adding to this, @allthegoodnamesrgone, you may be mixing up names with Sarah's grandson (Bristol's son) Tripp. Easy to confuse the two!

It’s hard not to confuse them. Trig, Trip, Track ... I imagine her calling out their names and having it sound like a gun totin’ version of the three billy goats gruff. 

58 minutes ago, adidas said:

It’s hard not to confuse them. Trig, Trip, Track ... I imagine her calling out their names and having it sound like a gun totin’ version of the three billy goats gruff. 

I remember during the 2008 election there was a website that showed what the Oval Office would look like if Palin got in there. Outside you could see oil drills, and there was a list of awful baby names. Purple, carport...a friend and I were mocking her naming skills and Harry Potter’s naming skills. “PURPLE CARPORT POTTER, YOU’RE IN TROUBLE!!!” Good times fucking around on the Internet during a class we hated :pb_lol:

An article about the site: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/sarah-palin/3209842/Sarah-Palin-presidency-previewed-on-satirical-website.html

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I remember during the 2008 election there was a website that showed what the Oval Office would look like if Palin got in there. Outside you could see oil drills, and there was a list of awful baby names. Purple, carport...a friend and I were mocking her naming skills and Harry Potter’s naming skills. “PURPLE CARPORT POTTER, YOU’RE IN TROUBLE!!!” Good times fucking around on the Internet during a class we hated :pb_lol:

An article about the site: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/sarah-palin/3209842/Sarah-Palin-presidency-previewed-on-satirical-website.html

One of the few things I may have kept from high school is a comic strip my friends and I drew that compared our 9th grade honors geometry class to the Conflict in deteriorating Yugoslavia. It was headed by a coach. Madness ensued,

10 hours ago, adidas said:

In German, Donald Duck's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie are called Tick, Trick, and Track. So that's all I can think of when I hear the names of the Palin offspring. :pb_lol:

Whenever I saw Sarah Palin with Trig, I thought to myself she should have named him Prop because that is  what she used him for.

I completely understand the point being made here and how pro-life evangelists can parade children with genetic conditions and birth defects as props for their political/social message. But I will also say that we are not that far removed in the US from people institutionalizing and/or hiding children born with physical or intellectual disabilities. I grew up in the 90s with a family that I thought had two kids, one older than me and one younger. Years later I found out they had another daughter my age who had become severely disabled in a home accident. They did not freely talk about her or include her in pictures. It was so sad to find out they kept her secret.

Families who proudly talk about and share photos with their children with Down Syndrome or other conditions are not the problem. Celebrating their humanity and dignity is healthy and good. There is, of course, a line. But I guess I think this is one to tread lightly with. 

21 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Families who proudly talk about and share photos with their children with Down Syndrome or other conditions are not the problem. Celebrating their humanity and dignity is healthy and good. There is, of course, a line. But I guess I think this is one to tread lightly with. 

There's a difference though, I think. People who take pictures of all their kids and don't feel the need to point out that their kid has special needs are my favourites. The child isn't just their special need, they're a special human being that deserves to be treated as a human being. 

They don't deserve to be a trophy for their parents. Their parents are not so great because they kept them and they are not something to bolster the pro life movement. They are a human being and they deserve to be loved and treated like a human being. They're just a little bit different. 

I feel like you don’t nearly see as many disabled children as just ten years ago. And while I am a hundred percent in favour of giving parents the choice to abort a disabled baby I wonder how this changed us as a society. The less there are the more people start to „hide” them and the less exposure has the rest of us. I feel like it makes people uncomfortable and insecure when they actually are confronted with disabled people.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, JillyO said:

In German, Donald Duck's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie are called Tick, Trick, and Track. So that's all I can think of when I hear the names of the Palin offspring. :pb_lol:

Funny, I never knew the English names. In Dutch it's Kwik, Kwek, Kwak.

6 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Funny, I never knew the English names. In Dutch it's Kwik, Kwek, Kwak.

In Norwegian it is Ole, Dole, Doffen! 

If my name was Trig, I would feel enormous pressure to be good in math, which I am not at all.  Rufus Bless that it is not my name.

26 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

If my name was Trig, I would feel enormous pressure to be good in math, which I am not at all.  Rufus Bless that it is not my name.

I tried to find the quote the other day and failed, so this joke is neither totally accurate, nor original to me, but it was talking about Sarah Palin's kids, Trig, Track, Algebra 1, and AP Bio. 

I just googled their names in French. Riri, Fifi, and Loulou. That makes them sound like girls!! :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I feel like you don’t nearly see as many disabled children as just ten years ago. And while I am a hundred percent in favour of giving parents the choice to abort a disabled baby I wonder how this changed us as a society. The less there are the more people start to „hide” them and the less exposure has the rest of us. I feel like it makes people uncomfortable and insecure when they actually are confronted with disabled people.

I'm not sure there is any evidence that abortions have diminished the number of children born with relatively common disabilities, but if you have some I'd love to see it. I think this likely has more to do with advances in medical care and prenatal care. At least, I know of several people around my age who had issues at birth that left them with some form of disability, who likely wouldn't have that (or not as severe) if they had been born today with proper medical care. Also we are getting better at not always making disabilities very obvious to the casual viewer, depending on the issue.

Most fetuses that are aborted for medical reasons are have issues so severe it's unlikely you'd see them out on the street, for example. Again though I'd love to see any studies or evidence that shows abortions specifically are reducing the number of disabled people.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, theotherelise said:

I completely understand the point being made here and how pro-life evangelists can parade children with genetic conditions and birth defects as props for their political/social message. But I will also say that we are not that far removed in the US from people institutionalizing and/or hiding children born with physical or intellectual disabilities. I grew up in the 90s with a family that I thought had two kids, one older than me and one younger. Years later I found out they had another daughter my age who had become severely disabled in a home accident. They did not freely talk about her or include her in pictures. It was so sad to find out they kept her secret.

The difference is dignity, IMO. Are you treating this person as a human being with a distinct personality who deserves to be loved and included and valued, or as a prop to prove a point? Are you treating this person as a member of the community who has something unique to contribute to the world, or as a personality-devoid, stereotypical "hero" or "angel" whom you deny a voice or agency? 

I also find it disturbing how a lot of fundies/pro-lifers fixate on "we COULD HAVE aborted Timmy" or "everyone WANTED US to abort Timmy", and practically pat themselves on the back for not aborting their disabled child; I detect a level of projection there. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived