IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Garrett looks like his grandma, Christina Caldwell.

Huh, you're right. Now that I look at him, I can kind of see it!

Felicity is all Vuolo.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Israel. But many children look similar to different relatives over the years, so it’s very early to tell. 

Felicity looks a bit like every cute little baby girl. Which is adorable but I just don’t see any similarities right now.

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Really? I only see Jinger in her

I see Jeremy and his sister especially in her eyes.

I see Jinger is Felicity's expressions, but I think that she looks more like Jeremy right now. 

Garrett is a mix, I can see some Duggar and some Caldwell. 

Has anybody on our forum actually seen Garrett? I need to be reassured about his muscle tone. I have been concerned as it was 10 days between his birth and homecoming, then we had that table photo at John's wedding of him cradled in Kendra's arms with pacifier, sort of swaddled. He was 5 months then. 

Now, this photo. Would they take him to a doctor if he wasn't hitting his milestones, do you think?

I mean, the Caldwell-Duggars just don't post pictures. It's not as if you're seeing tons of selfies or even lifestyle-y pics on any of their social media. So it's not as if the lack of Garrett is conspicuous. 

Kendra's mom seems to be fairly sensible about medical care and Kendra had a much more medically monitored pregnancy and birth from what we can tell. I haven't seen anything that would make me think Kendra would avoid going to the doctor if she was concerned.

The problem with a lot of developmental issues with little ones is that parents are pretty bad at realizing something is wrong and even well-baby visits at the doctor can fail to catch an issue. My sister is a pediatric PT and regularly has to decide whether/how to approach friends or church acquaintances about issues that she can see easily but parents are naive to. 

57 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Has anybody on our forum actually seen Garrett? I need to be reassured about his muscle tone. I have been concerned as it was 10 days between his birth and homecoming, then we had that table photo at John's wedding of him cradled in Kendra's arms with pacifier, sort of swaddled. He was 5 months then. 

Now, this photo. Would they take him to a doctor if he wasn't hitting his milestones, do you think?

He looks completely normal. 

Yes, I understand about that. And many muscle tone issues, like mitochondrial disorders, require intensely specialized testing...including genetic testing, which they might not agree to. Hoping all is well. One never hopes something is wrong with anyone else's child....but IF there are concerns, I DO hope they are able to find answers.

1 hour ago, Kjaerringa said:

I have been concerned as it was 10 days between his birth and homecoming

Why do you think that about Garrett?  If it happened, it must have slid by me at the time.  Are you possibly confusing him with Sam who did spend time in the NICU?

It was a post by Kendra saying they were finally bringing the baby home, posted 10 days after birth. Although, I suppose she could have posted late...referring back to the day he did come home.

Just now, Kjaerringa said:

It was a post by Kendra saying they were finally bringing the baby home, posted 10 days after birth. Although, I suppose she could have posted late...referring back to the day he did come home.

Posted where? Kendra is not on social media as far as I know.

10 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

No, if I remember the Counting On episode correctly Garrett came home pretty soon, he was released with Kendra. So whatever the standard is for Arkansas. 

It wasn't until Monday, June 18 that Kendra announced that they "finally" took baby Garrett home, and fans are understandably concerned for his health. 

That quote above is not from Kendra directly, but from Café Mom quoting a source. So possibly not reliable. 

When you know and work with kiddos with mitochondrial disorders, there is a tendency to worry when you see signs in other children. That's why I asked if anybody has actually seen him smiling, kicking his legs, waving those arms, and tracking visually. He is a month older than Felicity, and the 2 photos we have seen, make him appear to be younger than 6 mos. 

I didn't worry about Sam. I have very specialized worries, lol...

Theres no way to tell if he is or isnt doing those things from 2 still pictures? Your worries seem extremely far fetched with the extremely small amount of information. It doesnt make sense. 

8 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

It wasn't until Monday, June 18 that Kendra announced that they "finally" took baby Garrett home, and fans are understandably concerned for his health. 

https://www.joeandkendra.com/2018/06/welcome-garrett-david-duggar/

Considering this was posted on their website on the 13th of June, that seems like a load of crap. 

He looks fine to me, maybe a bit tired/sleepy. He could have just woken up from a nap and they hurried to have a photo taken because Jinger was leaving. Or they woke him up early or whatever.

Also, little Felicity is used to being held out for the camera that way (and there is Jinger's weird head lean-in again) by her vain, fame whoring parents so she's gotten used to posing better. ;) Garrett doesn't look super comfortable and I bet you that Kendra doesn't usually hold him that way.

41 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

That quote above is not from Kendra directly, but from Café Mom quoting a source. So possibly not reliable. 

When you know and work with kiddos with mitochondrial disorders, there is a tendency to worry when you see signs in other children. That's why I asked if anybody has actually seen him smiling, kicking his legs, waving those arms, and tracking visually. He is a month older than Felicity, and the 2 photos we have seen, make him appear to be younger than 6 mos. 

I didn't worry about Sam. I have very specialized worries, lol...

Cafe Mom is not a reliable source. I found the article you're talking about. It claims that Kendra announced Garrett's birth on Instagram. Kendra is not on Instagram. They go on to link to a fake account. They couldn't even be bothered to do some basic fact checking, and unfortunately neither can many of their readers. As much as I hate the term 'fake news', this is exactly that. I hope this puts your very specialized worries to rest.

Felicity is generic ‘adorable baby’ imo. She doesn’t have strong features which remind me of either family, she’s just cute.

In that pic with the beanie the only resemblance I can see to anyone is a tiny hint of Davia Waller, which is crazy because they’re not blood relations. 

Seriously? A five month old baby was being cradled in his mother's arms with a blanket and a pacifier, so something is wrong with him? 

6 minutes ago, Ali said:

Seriously? A five month old baby was being cradled in his mother's arms with a blanket and a pacifier, so something is wrong with him? 

At a wedding reception where he had likely been up for longer than usual no less. 

2 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

If this is the photo you’re talking about, it was taken in late June (he was born earlier that month). There are very few photos of him and I can’t find one where he was 5 months old. Can someone else please share it?

03BD53FC-6380-4175-9A22-5C3B4950060E.jpeg

Just now, Carm_88 said:

At a wedding reception where he had likely been up for longer than usual no less. 

Or he could have been in a milk coma.

54 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

the 2 photos we have seen, make him appear to be younger than 6 mos. 

He has only just turned 7 months old though. You can’t judge delays on photos imo. 

This one is from a wedding but he’s not swaddled. 

ACBA48CB-02E8-414C-9C55-AAF56AE2FA0E.jpeg

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived