IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

I was googling pregnancy announcements out of boredom and this is one of the first that came up lol.

Spoiler

86411869-688E-43C7-8D2C-9A5A158E7B20.thumb.jpeg.6ebde329f09acdae3389d01f680b743e.jpeg

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I feel like I'm torturing myself with this news. I even went back to the cheat sheet to find out when their relationship milestones occurred because I'm some kind of masochist? Of course they announced their courtship the same month I started trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant. Right now, in this moment, I hope the show gets cancelled so that couples like this have to face reality. To have no plan for supporting yourself sustainably let alone supporting your massive quiver... It just sucks that people like this have such an easy time getting pregnant. 

Positive vibes out there to my fellow infertiles and anyone else triggered by these immature kidults and their thoughtless fertility! Good fertility does not equal the universe/God/whatever likes you better! Treat yo' self! Or take it easy! 

Hugs. We have older gnome children but decided around that time to try for a last baby. Still trying. I am pregnant now but at my first OB appointment the doctor was not terribly confident in the viability and I am spotting. All I can do is wait helplessly and it sucks. Infertility is hard. Having repeated miscarriages is hard. Watching people who are not equipped in various ways to raise children get pregnant and pop out babies repeatedly is hard amd bullshit.

15 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I'm stuck on Kendra's mother being a 38 year old grandmother when Garrett was born.

I'm 36 this year. I don't even have one kid. My mind is blown. All I want is drinks and a nice brunch. Not being called granny.

I'm in my early 30s and it hasn't escaped me that I'm technically old enough to be a grandmother now. You have a kid at 15, they have a kid at 15 - boom, you're a grandma at 30.

13 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm 36 this year. I don't even have one kid. My mind is blown. All I want is drinks and a nice brunch. Not being called granny.

I'm with you all the way, but in case this hasn't been mentioned, Loretta Lynn was a grandmother at age 29. (Is that right? My aging memory cells are dwindling, but I believe that's right.)

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm in my early 30s and it hasn't escaped me that I'm technically old enough to be a grandmother now. You have a kid at 15, they have a kid at 15 - boom, you're a grandma at 30.

My moms friend was a gramma at 32 I believe. She had her oldest at 16 and her oldest had her oldest at 16. The granddaughter broke that cycle tho. I think she had her kids at like 26-28.

2 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I'm with you all the way, but in case this hasn't been mentioned, Loretta Lynn was a grandmother at age 29. (Is that right? My aging memory cells are dwindling, but I believe that's right.)

At 29? I think I was still moshpitting at a Disturbed concert tbh. It might have been Slayer. Not even kidding about that oops

19 hours ago, Chocolate Lover said:

There's a week shy of 18 months between my two.  It was, erm, interesting.   ?

My mom and dad came from big Catholic families (six and nine kids respectively) and so were just accustomed to the idea of lots of kids. My mom was a SAHM and wanted about four kids.

My sister was a "surprise" who arrived eighteen months after my brother was born and my mom was so stunned and overwhelmed by the whole thing, it took her four and a half years to have me. She decided to edit out the dreams of that fourth kid altogether. She still can't believe how hard it was and doesn't understand how my grandmothers, who had six under six and five under five at one point, did it without having total nervous breakdowns.

55 minutes ago, Gnomewizard said:

Hugs. We have older gnome children but decided around that time to try for a last baby. Still trying. I am pregnant now but at my first OB appointment the doctor was not terribly confident in the viability and I am spotting. All I can do is wait helplessly and it sucks. Infertility is hard. Having repeated miscarriages is hard. Watching people who are not equipped in various ways to raise children get pregnant and pop out babies repeatedly is hard amd bullshit.

HUGS to you. I wish you lived closer in Seattle area cause I would recommend my OB-GYN. She was AMAZING. I was recommended her by multiple people, the insurance company. Thing is she was such a sought out OB-GYN that she had to put a temporary limit on how many patients she could take.

2 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

OvErPoPuLAtIoN iS a MyTh.

ThE wHoLe PoPuLaTiOn CaN FiT iN JaCkSoNvIlLe FlOrIdA

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

I'm in my late 30s, single, and childless, am an only child and was born when my parents were in their late 30s themselves. So my mother's in her 70s and still has no grandkids. On the other had, by the way these fundies do generations, I could already be a grand mother and my own mom could be a great-great grandmother at her age. Yikes!

It's no wonder they end up sister-momming the older kids when they see the generations as this close together. For instance, the age difference between Kendra and her mom is smaller (19 years) than the age difference between Kendra and her so-far youngest sibling (20 years). Plus, the Caldwells could potentially have more, extending the overlap, and they're hardly the only ones for this to be true. It just seems so strange to me.

I just can't get passed how these people seem to put less thought into having babies than my husband and I put into when to get a dog (who is our baby and we love him, but requires much less work/money than a human).

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I have a former high school classmate who had a kid at 16. Daughter just graduated high school, which is crazy enough. But on Facebook she seems to be rebelling and a bit out of control and I swear to God if and when that pregnancy announcement happens I am going to crap myself. 

I still get carded when I buy alcohol. I own distressed jeans. This is not okay. 

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

She did get married at 14 and yes she was a grandmother at 29. 

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

ThE wHoLe PoPuLaTiOn CaN FiT iN JaCkSoNvIlLe FlOrIdA

Of all the dumb shit JimBob has ever said (and there's a lot) this is by far the dumbest. 

There are logistical reasons why no city in the world cracks one billion people. Mumbai has only 19 million people and look at those pictures of its crowding issues and then freaking multiply it by three hundred and imagine the absolute horror show that would be. 

And he is so childish in assuming that "overcrowding" only refers to fitting in actual physical bodies. As if we're sardines to pack in a can, and human societies don't need space to grow crops, graze animals, dispose of trash and sewage, grow trees for wood and paper products, sanitize water, and harness some power source for all these people.

18 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

We had our three girls each about four years apart. I was 21 when I got pregnant, we were married but my husband still had two years of school left after she was born so we waited until he had his degree and was working. Kid two came about a year after that. With the third, we weren't sure we wanted to have another which is why there was 4 years between them too. I liked the spacing. Never had two in diapers, got to enjoy having a baby in the house and then manage the toddler stage before another baby came. If we would've started in our 30's, as was the plan, ? we couldn't have had those big gaps. 

My siblings and I are 4 years apart. It was good spacing except that due to the number of children, Child A and Child D really never had a relationship as Child A was off to college before Child D was truly conversational. But there were never 2 kids in diapers (as you mentioned) or high school. We were often in college at the same time but only because only one of us went the traditional route of fours years right out of high school. But we paid for most/all of it so that was not a financial issue for my parents. All of us were old enough to understand/be excited that a new baby was coming and to of some help, old enough not to "help" and have to have the baby rescued from us, LOL.

23 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I have a former high school classmate who had a kid at 16. Daughter just graduated high school, which is crazy enough. But on Facebook she seems to be rebelling and a bit out of control and I swear to God if and when that pregnancy announcement happens I am going to crap myself. 

I still get carded when I buy alcohol. I own distressed jeans. This is not okay. 

I also still get carded fairly often. I got carded buying a lottery ticket the other day. But they have to card anyone who looks like they might be under 25, so it's not a huge leap from 31 to 24, I guess. It is a bit of a mindfuck to think that when I go out wearing no makeup and a hoodie I look like I might still be in my late teens, but I could in fact have a grandchild. Like I could go out with my grandchild and have people think I'm a teen mother. I know it's biological reality, but it's incredibly bizarre to think about.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I also still get carded fairly often. I got carded buying a lottery ticket the other day. But they have to card anyone who looks like they might be under 25, so it's not a huge leap from 31 to 24, I guess. It is a bit of a mindfuck to think that when I go out wearing no makeup and a hoodie I look like I might still be in my late teens, but I could in fact have a grandchild. Like I could go out with my grandchild and have people think I'm a teen mother. I know it's biological reality, but it's incredibly bizarre to think about.

Here they are supposed to card for alcohol until you look over thirty, so it's understandable that I get carded still at 34. It's tapering off, but it still happens. I was at my former charge's high school graduation party two years ago and one of the parents asked me which college I was going to. (It was actually an even longer, more confused interaction than that, because I couldn't process that they thought I was 18) But yeah, I could be pushing my grandchild's stroller in a different life. I'm one year away from "advanced maternal age."

The thirties are such a weird time. People are on such different trajectories. 

My brother plus three yeaars, me, plus four years, my sister. We were all in the same k-8 school together for one year, brother was a high school senior when I was a freshman, NOT recommended, sister went to a different high school.

One  plus 2.5 years, Two, plus 8 months, Three plus eighteen months, Four.

Now that sounds worse than it was, but One still took morning and afternoon naps when Two came along. I didn't think i'd get One awake long enough to go to kindergarten but he made it.

Two, OTOH, I swear never slept at all. EVer.

Three was born only 8 months after Two, but we didn't get Three and Four until they were 5 and 6, and it was still a nightmare. I didn't sleep a full night after they came for several years, until they got more   comfortable.

Then Three was two years behind Two in school, so we did treat Three as younger than the actual age. Bu their years of birth? 91, 94 ,95, 96

The craziest grandparent story I’ve ever seen was a great grandmother at 48!!!

She had her daughter when she was 16. Her daughter had a son at 16, and then her son’s daughter was born when he was 16. It was crazy!  We had the little girl in the toddler room of the child care I work at.  When the great grandmother came in to pick her up, I asked for ID as I’d never met her before, and then turned to the little girl and said, “Grandma is here to pick you up!”  She corrected me and my jaw almost hit the floor. While the great grandmother was loving the fact that she was a young great grandmother, she also acknowledged that it had been a hard life for everyone involved. Dad was even a single father, trying to finish school. So while she loved being young enough to enjoy her great granddaughter, she definitely didn’t recommend it to anyone!!!

Where I am from the idea of having children before the age of 20 is almost unheard of. I do know of 2 people who did though. So their are no insistence’s of grandmothers being in their 30’s or even 40’s.  I’m 38 & my sister is 36 neither one of us are married or even dating someone. So are parents may never be grandparents. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived