IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the woman in that photo and does Lori have the right to use it?'' 

As to what men want:  "a debt-free, tattoo free virgin", I have NO idea ... I mean NONE where she comes up with these things?    It is beyond mysogynous;  it just makes no sense to me.  She got a lot of responses and some were thoughtful ("oh, stupid me, we married for love")  to  "is this a parody page?   

I sometimes wonder if Lori is losing her marbles, and I would not wish that on anyone.   But the reasoning, even for a fundie, is just not there.   Some people suggested she was a man posing as a woman because what woman in her right mind would hate women?   

Lori, a woman's value is not in how much education she has, whether or not she is a virgin, or how long/short her dress is.  Her value is in whether or not she is happy, what she gives to the world   (is the world a better place because she has touched even one life and made it better), in those she loves and who love her and finally ... yes .. in what she does in life.  If she enjoys working, then all will benefit ... if she can stay home, and wants to ... again it is a plus.   

Lori things are not right or wrong, black or white  ... and we cannot put people into boxes.  It just doesn't work that way.   Each person is a unique human being that will never be replicated again.  

My worlds are colliding! Someone in a homeschool group I’m in posted Lori’s virgin post. I was highly amused to see all these Christian ladies (I think they are way over the top sometimes with screening their children’s movies, music, etc) just posting over and over that the post is awful and their worth isn’t because of any man! 

I'm wondering if Alyssa recently got a tattoo.

My summary of today's doodle: "I wrote another VIRAL!!! post!!!!!! Did you see?!? Even other Christians (who aren't as Christian as me) are telling me to keep my nose in my own business! But the bible (in my interpretation) says I am supposed to be a nosy busybody, as an older woman. Except in the parts where it specifically says not to do that, but I don't read those parts."

No Lori you shouldn't teach that because you're framing it as a way to determine worth to a man. God doesn't sit there saying oh I don't want you because you're not debt free, not a virgin, or you have tattoos. God says come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest.

You aren't giving wise advice, not saying anything new. What you are telling guys is that this is a standard to judge women on.  And the "remain virgins things" has been bashed into our heads over and over again. Seriously, I've heard the like a rose, like a pearl, or like a used car thing way too much.  It hurts and it's objectifying. I also noticed you didn't have a biblical reference for not tattooing... Because there isn't one. Bodies are bodies, they age and get old and eventually die. The soul is what is important.

youre trying to play and innocent victim rather than own up to the fact that you wrote something awful and demeaning.

Lori's throwing a tantrum because her readers aren't "tickling her ears".  

Sorry, Lori!  They're just "speaking the truth in love".  :pb_wink:

rebuke.PNG.c6554772dc4fb95a1e32880b23657765.PNG

Lori, please refer to these quotes (they all belong to you!) :

Do you appreciate being rebuked? Do you like it when someone instructs you? Are you teachable?

If you are the "sensitive" type who gets your feelings hurt when exhorted or corrected, it is the same as getting offended easily and falling into the trap of self-pity which Oswald Chambers said is Satanic. These are qualities that should NOT define a Christian. 

it isn't easy but as wise women of God, we should change our mindset about it and decide to learn from those who rebuke us. 

We are considered wise when we love someone who rebukes us!  We are told to take instruction from others and then we will even be wiser!  Do you know anyone that takes rebuke happily?  If you do, they are wise.  

Raise your hand if you are good at taking rebuke or correction!  Do you know anybody that is good at taking it?  It's tough but you know what, I have tried very hard the past few months to take it and not get offended or argue back.

I have such a need to be perfect 

Proverbs says a wise man listens to rebuke.  

perfect.PNG.e7bc4a015188535b7ecb9fe8f1c42b06.PNG

Remember, Lori- you aren't perfect.  A wise woman accepts rebuke, and doesn't run to Instagram to whine about it.  Maybe you should read Proverbs...if you love God and His perfect "ways", that is. 

27 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm wondering if Alyssa recently got a tattoo.

This would certainly explain her ire! 

I hope she did if she wants one. I hope Alyssa does everything her heart desires without a single fuck given for Lori's hatefulness. 

I'm pretty much an agnostic these days, but if I had to choose which of those two women was more accurately shining the love of Christ, I can promise you that it would NOT be Lori.

I can't for my life figure out why Alyssa allows Lori to be part of her life.  I would have absolutely NOTHING to do with her.  

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

I can't for my life figure out why Alyssa allows Lori to be part of her life.  I would have absolutely NOTHING to do with her.  

Inheritance? Maybe to keep nice with dad she has to tolerate mom.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

"Home from a wonderful time on the lake with both sets of parents. Loved being disconnected from social media life and engulfed in His beautiful creation....." 

This was from Alyssa's Instagram a couple days ago. If I were her, I would have NOTHING to do with either her mom or her dad. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

It's made it to one of my old psych profs for potential class material lol 

@Sarah92    Please let us know what the subject is and what he thnks.  I, for one, would be very interested  to learn what he makes of it all.  

SHE has a "strong controlling" personality? Give me 5 minutes, I'll have her crying like the little bitch she is. Remember, my son told his drill instructor "my mama can make you cry"

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

Maybe she's simply a much better person than her mother...a much better person than I am, for that matter.  I've pretty much quit talking to some family members for less.  

@Koala    I have often wondered this too ... and not just Lori, but all these families.  One example is the Pearls.  After their book came out, three kids were killed by parents who had read their book.  They were on the media, etc.  Anyway, they did this thing defending themselves on utube and their own KIDS (now grown) defended them 100%.  Someone on this site (I think) told me it's a case of Stockholm Syndrome.  If a parent abuses and then justifies that abuse with "it is God's will" along with Spritual abuse, I guess the adult child believes the same things.  After all, one of her sons, did blanket training with his own child.  There's this very old song  "You've got to be taught to hate ... dont remember all the words, but it says by 6, or 7 or 8  ... youve got to be carefully taught."   So it's brainwashing.  

Some of us get out (like me) but we have to realize that it was abuse and to realize that we need to get enough distance (educationally/psychologically) to "see" that what happened was wrong.  Once we know this, we are free.

Or maybe, Alyssa puts in her time with her parents  (they are  both to blame) and then lives her own life.   Then, of course, she is 35?   Who knows what  the last straw will be?

Lindsay, sweetie, we've been saying all along that practices of past civilizations are irrelevant.  Has a little truth somehow slipped in, despite the best efforts of you and your 'godly mentor'? 

12340983420987423.jpg

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

https://phyliciamasonheimer.com/debt-free-virgin-without-tattoos/

2.0 posted this. 

My cousin's son has sarcoidosis. Their dr told them it basically acts like cancer. 

My afflicted friend's mom had it, and died at 56. Her lung sarcoids burst and she drowned in her own blood. Comedian Bernie Mac also died of sarcoidosis in his fifties. It is definitely an autoimmune disease, but can indeed spread in a cancerous manner. Large doses of steroids are the first line of treatment, to address the inflammation that causes severe pain. This causes massive weight gain, my friend put on 100 pounds. This is similar to treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, both of which are also autoimmune. It is a horrible disease that kills people at relatively young ages, and debilitates them before that. I hope your cousin's son has a milder form of the disease, and lives a long time.

I love it when people totally disregard the extreme womanizing that was part of the OT bible. Bible heroes like David had hundred of concubines and he assaulted Bathsheba because of his uncontrolled lust. Handmaids were offered up when the wives couldn't have children. That wasn't fornication? These folks idolize the bible, yet have massive blind spots to the parts that they don't like.  That, or they rationalize the inconsistencies away. Makes me sick.

For the record, I was a debt-free, tattoo-free virgin when I got married, but I doubt Lori would be pleased with that since I'm Jewish.

I don't understand what this woman's picture has to do with the subject of her post. And BEC, but that font she uses for her headings looks downright satanic to me, I hate it. That, and her insistence on improperly centering text just irritates me. Lori Alexander has no business writing a blog or anything else, she is so incompetent and just plain stupid.

How long before the Horse of Truth rides in? Bets anyone?

1 hour ago, Mellowing With Age said:

"Home from a wonderful time on the lake with both sets of parents. Loved being disconnected from social media life and engulfed in His beautiful creation....." 

This was from Alyssa's Instagram a couple days ago. If I were her, I would have NOTHING to do with either her mom or her dad. 

I'm not very familiar with IG but it looks like the post she did for her dad's bday is gone. 

Question:  The picture of the woman Lori used is an author on Amazon.  Now there is a parody page on Facebook using that woman's face.  Isn't that going to cause issues?  I doubt very much Lori gets permission to use other people as she has done this in the past.

She may just be her own undoing

Just now, Liza said:

Question:  The picture of the woman Lori used is an author on Amazon.  Now there is a parody page on Facebook using that woman's face.  Isn't that going to cause issues?  I doubt very much Lori gets permission to use other people as she has done this in the past.

She may just be her own undoing

I commented on the parody page using the image about just that and was deleted. Whoever owns that page is no better than Lori.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived