IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

This little stunt has not done her book reviews any favors.  60% 1 star, now (and some of the 5 stars are mocking her).

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori had an instagram post deleted because it contained hate speech. She is also getting a verbal comeuppance coming and going from some very devout fangirls! Lots have tattoos, had debt, and may not have been virgins when they wed. One woman smartly observed that Lori is not bringing readers to Christ but rather turning them away. Another lady mentioned that her post would be better and less offensive if it were to observe what is pleasing to God according to the Bible rather than pleasing to men -- or what Lori imagines is pleasing to men. I guarantee you she polled her two sons and Ken and this was their preference. I know it goes without saying, but I just have to state that Lori is the world's worst writer. Just the worst.  By her own admission, she seems like a horrible and harping wife, an abusive nutcase of a mother, and an ungrateful and complaining child.  She herself says she failed at teaching and she likewise fails to draw others to her faith as a "mentor." Lord, calling yourself that is rich. I think "mentor" is a label earned and given to you by others. I am not sure that she is actually good or talented at anything,. She causes so much harm, seemingly on purpose. She is the least Christlike "christian" person I know. I don't know many people who have been such a drain on society and family as Lori has been. Her poor family. Her kids needs to establish healthy boundaries because she is a soul-sucking vampire.  

*dons tribal gear and paint and begins dancing to a jaunty beat*

”Bring forth the virgin, so that the volcano god may be appeased! It is written that she must be a virgin, debt-free, and tattoo-free!”

Sorry. I have no idea where that came from, but when I read through this thread that image kept coming to mind. Inexplicably, the shaman in my head is dancing to a tribal beat of ZZ Top’s “Doubleback” from “Back to the Future III”... I think my ADD meds have worn off.

I became very curious about Lori’s book since her most recent post engendered so many articles on the internet.  Wow.  So I went to Amazon and had a look at the reviews.  What popped up was one of her daughters defending the 4 hour raisin incident … he/she said he/she was the child and it was NOT abuse.  That, in effect, it was loving discipline just like God’s discipline.  I am purposefully not putting the comments or name here as I am not sure FJ allows this.

All I want to say is how?  How is it possible she does not see it as abuse?  I mean, 4 hours and two parents taking turns on a 2 year old over raisins?.  And that is just one of many occasions .. Most I don’t know about.

I was abused and I’m pretty sure it was no where near what Lori did to her kids ... and I could not, in good conscience, excuse it.  Abuse is abuse.  Period.

8 hours ago, naatashamaru said:

So I don't know how she has managed to recently be everywhere but her articles are even annoying the conservative Christians I know and I live in Georgia so that's huge. Cant believe I'm seeing her all over my Facebook. It's surreal.

Yea, she is even getting comments from some of the fangirls telling her that women should be more concerned with pleasing God than trying to  get a man.  Stay a virgin till marriage to please GOD, Stay out of debt to please GOD. If you don't believe in tattoos, don't get one to please GOD. 

8 hours ago, Koala said:

This little stunt has not done her book reviews any favors.  60% 1 star, now (and some of the 5 stars are mocking her).

I saw that too. She will claim persecution though.   Then why is Debi Pearl's book 52% 5 stars and only 29% 1 star?  It has the same message. Maybe because Debi truly is a meek quiet woman and knows when to keep her mouth shut and not gad about on the internet tattling about things she ought not. 

So Ken was an active part of the infamous 4 hour beating? As a relative newbie to the Lori mess I keep finding myself feeling sorry for Ken for having to deal with someone so awful for all these years, even though I know he's probably almost as terrible as she is.  Knowing that he was an active part of the child abuse helps me kick that pity right out of my head.

I was thinking about how Lori loves being hated because she can be a persecuted victim and then thought, who does she share her feelings of happiness/persecution with?  Does she ever talk about having any good women friends? Or are her only "friends" her leghumpers and Ken?  It would be sad to achieve VIRAL status again and have no one with whom to share your greatest accomplishment.

23 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

A FB group I belong to for fans of a particular podcast have discovered Lori and are discussing the "debt and tattoo-free virgin" post.  It's weird to see my worlds colliding.

MFM?

@fluffyDo you know which IG post was deleted? How can you tell it was deleted and for what reason? I am not doubting you; just fascinated. Also, I understand if you don't want to quote the post because I am sure it was vile - maybe just a quick description. I check her IG a lot and might remember it. Thanks for your time. 

1 hour ago, Liza said:

All I want to say is how?  How is it possible she does not see it as abuse?  I mean, 4 hours and two parents taking turns on a 2 year old over raisins?.  And that is just one of many occasions .. Most I don’t know about.

I was abused and I’m pretty sure it was no where near what Lori did to her kids ... and I could not, in good conscience, excuse it.  Abuse is abuse.  Period.

Because survivors of abuse often justify the abuse. Not because they were a willing or active participant but because it's the only way to make sense of the contradictions: How does my loving parent, the person upon whom I'm most dependent in the world (as a child), hurt me? It can't be because *they* are bad ... so it must be me. I must be bad. Therefore, I deserved whatever happened to me. 

Bruises eventually fade. Broken bones heal. Scars soften. But one of the more lasting parts of abuse, imo, is the warping of the self-image that happens, the idea that you, at your core, are broken or bad or wrong. It's something that has never left me in 40+ years, and I'm not sure it ever will.

Cassie quite likely really does believe that she deserved it. And it's going to take some serious therapy to change her mind and help her realize that no, no child ever deserves to be hurt.

I loved that the Mirror article included comments that slammed Lori.

I would love to see this guy respond to Lori's post. He would probably defend tattooed women. He has conservative views which Lori would agree with, however he states in this video that he has issues with religion and how judgemental some religious people are. 

1 hour ago, Frumper said:

So Ken was an active part of the infamous 4 hour beating? As a relative newbie to the Lori mess I keep finding myself feeling sorry for Ken for having to deal with someone so awful for all these years, even though I know he's probably almost as terrible as she is.  Knowing that he was an active part of the child abuse helps me kick that pity right out of my head.

If pity ever starts to creep back in remember that he believes childhood sexual abuse is common and no big deal and if it happened to you just get over it already you sinning sinner.

The Wonkette comments were great, off to check the Mirror.  

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm thinking it might occur to him that it's about time to retire. :pb_lol:

And start hiding, oops, reinvesting his assets and moving to a non-community property state.  Wasn't it a few years ago he told her "We'll have to see what happens in the future" when she asked him about their marriage?  Someone who sabotaged her diaphragm to avoid working will no doubt suffer a relapse of vague health problems again .....

Loololol at the mamamia article.  I'm keeping an eye on Jezebel, this seems up their alley.

Why oh WHY does all this great stuff happen when I have to pry my butt off the Internetz and do Real Life for the day? :bangheaddesk:

It's only a matter of moments before the Daily Fail and The Stun respond. You know you've hit the big time when the British tabloids get hold of your crap.:cracking-up:

This woman used to be a teacher.  :pb_confused:

How come when I encourage married couples to stay married until “death do you part” as God commands, do women have to swarm my Facebook post about them or someone they know being in an abusive relationship and are so thankful they got out? 

Yeah, how come do people havta keep bothering teacher Lori about abus?  She dudn't want to hear about womnz who excaped bad mariges.  She wants to here about godly womn who skiped colige to marry the first gy that asked.

:pb_rollseyes:

Get a clue, Lori.

Side note- this totally reminds me of errors Lori used to make (before she started reading FJ):

"They got marry."

"I use to teach."

"Am I suppose to..."

How come? Because you CLICKBAITED them to come, Lori. You ASKED for it. 

Her martyrdom reeks of hypocrisy. :blink:

The Mirror says only married 23 years. That is how long she was a crappy wife and then she transformed at that point. Its really been 37 years. Can someone comment that? I am trying to make an account there and am having issues. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The Mirror says only married 23 years. That is how long she was a crappy wife and then she transformed at that point. Its really been 37 years. Can someone comment that? I am trying to make an account there and am having issues. 

I caught that, too, and wondered if they'd just inverted the numbers, then realised she's been married even longer than 32 years. 

Yeah, how come do people havta keep bothering teacher Lori about abus?  She dudn't want to hear about womnz who excaped bad mariges.  She wants to here about godly womn who skiped colige to marry the first gy that asked.

It's so annoying when people point out that life is complicated and messy and there are no hard and fast rules. She hates it when people give examples she can't easily explain away! It's so annoying.

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

How come? Because you CLICKBAITED them to come, Lori. You ASKED for it. 

Her martyrdom reeks of hypocrisy. :blink:

Isn't it ridiculous?  She stands on her head to lure them in, and then sits there (stupidly) shaking her head, as if she's mystified, when they come. 

And then there's her brilliant readers- "Why are you on Lori's page, if you hate God and His ways?!" 

Umm, because she PAID to boost the post, genius!  That's why.  Lori has flat out admitted to boosting her "more controversial posts" to get attention.

Oh Rufus bless we’ll be hearing about her going viral again for another eternity.  I pray her damn laptop or internet is cut off or something. She’s such a damaging, horrible woman. Ugh

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived