IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

On 1/27/2022 at 8:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly don’t think so. She has said so many things online that no one would admit to. Things like ignoring the fact that her baby was very I’ll and she just went to lunch instead of taking her to the ER or doctor. I think she’s actually telling the truth here. 

She doesn't even seen capable of self- reflection, let alone self- parody.

Only doing her hair once a week... has she been taking notes from Braggie?

My hair isn't even as long as hers, and I can't STAND leaving it unwashed for even a day. I had to do that recently due to illness, but when I got home from the ER in the wee hours of Sunday, the first things I did were eat, take a nap, and then take the longest, most luxurious shower I've had in years!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, PopRox said:

She doesn't even seen capable of self- reflection, let alone self- parody.

Only doing her hair once a week... has she been taking notes from Braggie?

My hair isn't even as long as hers, and I can't STAND leaving it unwashed for even a day. I had to do that recently due to illness, but when I got home from the ER in the wee hours of Sunday, the first things I did were eat, take a nap, and then take the longest, most luxurious shower I've had in years!

Washing your hair once a week can be ok. It really depends on how greasy the scalp is, how much the person sweats, texture, and how thick the hair is. She could possibly get away with it. But the makeup thing is just weird. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Washing your hair once a week can be ok. It really depends on how greasy the scalp is, how much the person sweats, texture, and how thick the hair is. She could possibly get away with it. But the makeup thing is just weird. 

I don't want to follow yet another fundie, and am mainly here out of horror at the treatment of the 1-yo baby.  But I have to say: Her skin must be so full of bumps and whiteheads if she only removes her makeup weekly.  That's presuming there's a face-washing involved.  People are so weird anyway, and then one runs into someone like this woman.  Things that make you go, "what?!"

• Upvote 4

CW: miscarriage

Karissa posted on Instagram that she had a sonogram yesterday and there is no longer a heartbeat. When she told her kids, Andersyn prayed for a resurrection so that is what Karissa is believing for.

I am more concerned than ever for her mental health. This has the potential to be like the Bethel debacle with Olive.

Edited by adidas
Typo - my phone autocorrected to Anderson
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 11
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, adidas said:

I am more concerned than ever for her mental health. This has the potential to be like the Bethel debacle with Olive.

That's what I was thinking. I've been quietly following along with this thread, and normally while I feel sad whenever any fundie we keep up with on here loses a baby (despite their horrid beliefs, child loss is another level of tragedy I don't wish upon anybody), I feel a mixed sensation of relief that there isn't going to be another child added to Karissa going further off the deep end even for a fundie, as well as deep concern that we might be about to witness...well, Karissa going further off the deep end. We've seen how she didn't immediately get Anthym the medical care she needed until it was almost too late and she expects to be able to heal her other children's millions of injuries through prayer as well.

Not to mention, poor Andersyn likely being given the implication that if this unborn baby doesn't miraculously come back to life, it's somehow her fault for not praying hard enough.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 5

She most likely didn't take the rhogam shot, and now had a miscarriage. I wonder if she can connect those dots? 

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, MayMay1123 said:

She most likely didn't take the rhogam shot, and now had a miscarriage. I wonder if she can connect those dots? 

If she does, I can pretty much guarantee she will get the shot next time around. She can be all anti-science, anti-medical intervention, and anti-vax until it means she won’t have baby after baby. Then she will go right back to getting that shot. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

She is now asking for testimonies of situations where no heart beat was detected but then heart was beating later...and also sharing passages about Lazarus. I can only imagine the loud praying going on right now in her house. Those poor kids. Pregnancy loss is awful, been through it myself, but giving those children false hope, and leading them to believe that their prayers will change the outcome is just making it worse.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 15
  • WTF 2

I still don't know why they insist on dressing their kids like this for photos. Modest/ plain dressing is one thing..whatever it is these people tend to wear is another. They always look like they're trying to dress like old southern money but don't have any idea how to do it.

• I Agree 1

Even though Karissa seems very self-centered in general, I hope she is okay and that she seeks medical care if needed.

• I Agree 1

It’s actually not impossible to miss the heartbeat in early ultrasounds. It happened to me. I am concerned that she is putting enormous pressure on her children to pray or fast for a miracle resurrection when this could have been a sonographer glitch. She needs blood tests to confirm what is going on, IMO.

This situation has the potential to be catastrophic for her and her kids’ mental health. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, adidas said:

It’s actually not impossible to miss the heartbeat in early ultrasounds. It happened to me. I am concerned that she is putting enormous pressure on her children to pray or fast for a miracle resurrection when this could have been a sonographer glitch. She needs blood tests to confirm what is going on, IMO.

This situation has the potential to be catastrophic for her and her kids’ mental health. 

It has the potential dangerous for her physical health. I agree she needs more medical help like blood tests.

• Upvote 5

She responded on her latest IG post that she’s 11 weeks, so at this point, the u/s would not be wrong. Even two weeks ago, at 8ish weeks, it would be unusual to miss a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, crancraz said:

She responded on her latest IG post that she’s 11 weeks, so at this point, the u/s would not be wrong. Even two weeks ago, at 8ish weeks, it would be unusual to miss a heartbeat. 

Could clarify this statement? What is going on with Karissa?

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

She also says she doesn't know when she will have a check-up again. I hope she gets one soon in case she needs a D&C. Though, given her behavior, I'm not sure she would accept having one. 

3 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Could clarify this statement? What is going on with Karissa?

She still thinks she's pregant, or at least she's "praying for a miracle". Her latest post is about people in the Bible who raised the dead and how Jesus promised we would be able to do the same. She seems to think her and her kids prayers will make the baby have a heartbeat. But honestly, with u/s, they should have found a heartbeat at the 8/9 week mark. She's at 11 weeks now, so a u/s would definitely be able to find one, if it's there. 

• Thank You 2

I had retained placenta for 2 months after having my first. I was given the impression that if I never passed it myself, it could end up causing an infection. So I had a D&C. I would imagine if her body does not pass it, she could have an infection too. But I’m not medical doctor. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 2/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, AliC said:

Has Karissa ever miscarried before, or is this the first time? 

I think she has. She has nine kids, but says this is her eleventh pregnancy (IIFC).

• Thank You 1

Based only on experiences of friends who've had pregnancy losses, my understanding is that people who have a missed miscarriage (ultrasound shows no heartbeat and size measuring too small for dates) will usually be scheduled to come back in 1-2 weeks for a follow-up ultrasound prior to medically initiating the miscarriage or D&C if they don't miscarry independently. They confirm the miscarriage and then proceed. It would make sense for blood tests to be done also, but your HCG can remain just as high with a missed miscarriage.

I do know a couple people who have not wanted to have a medicated miscarriage or D&C, really wanting to have a more natural miscarriage. One of those people ended up in a pretty rough situation of it taking weeks and weeks before there was any progression on the miscarriage and then it lasted a long time and she ended up needing a D&C anyway because it never completed. She was extremely traumatized at the end of all that. I've certainly heard others during the days I went on TTC forums who believed there would be a miracle. Unfortunately so much of the standard medical care around women's health has been stigmatized politically and religiously. A lot of religious women do not like the idea of taking the same medication for their miscarriage as other women take for elective abortion.

Karissa is such a dangerous fundie with the way she views health and well-being.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Karissa is still in denial about her miscarriage and hoping it will all be fine. She’s also still spreading misinformation about the rhogam shot. 

762165D2-56EA-4B15-8A06-FBEC96C0D80F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1

Rhogam not being “Biblically sound,” my entire @$$. Thank God my O-negative daughter took it after learning her baby was O-positive.

Do Karissa and her ilk actually go hunting around for half-baked reasons to reject life-saving medical measures?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hane said:

Rhogam not being “Biblically sound,” my entire @$$. Thank God my O-negative daughter took it after learning her baby was O-positive.

Do Karissa and her ilk actually go hunting around for half-baked reasons to reject life-saving medical measures?

I really do think there’s a personality type that just automatically goes against the grain. Like Zoo. She can’t just do what’s common or ordinary. She has to be special. I think Karissa is just a contrarian and an attention whore. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Karissa is still in denial about her miscarriage and hoping it will all be fine. She’s also still spreading misinformation about the rhogam shot. 

762165D2-56EA-4B15-8A06-FBEC96C0D80F.jpeg

I'm laughing because she can say she wants more kids all she wants, if she keeps refusing this shot she's unlikely to have many more successful pregnancies, and the fewer kids forced to have her for a mother, the better off their would-be siblings will be.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

This is really bad. She needs to take care of her physical and mental health. I feel so bad for her nine children, who will put through this hell time and again. 

Her husband and extended family and friends need to do an intervention. She needs help.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic