IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

Karissa says regular sunscreen is bad so use this one or coconut oil! What the actual fuck!? I hope no one takes her advice because coconut oil will not protect you anywhere near what sunscreen will! Like not even close. That’s a good way to get a sunburn. Thankfully Karissa usually puts Her kids in rash guards. But if she puts coconut oil on their face and legs, they will get burnt. 

629FF20A-A8D5-49C6-B103-A0943772EA07.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • WTF 9

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Karissa says regular sunscreen is bad so use this one or coconut oil! What the actual fuck!? I hope no one takes her advice because coconut oil will not protect you anywhere near what sunscreen will! Like not even close. That’s a good way to get a sunburn. Thankfully Karissa usually puts Her kids in rash guards. But if she puts coconut oil on their face and legs, they will get burnt. 

629FF20A-A8D5-49C6-B103-A0943772EA07.jpeg

I mean, she's not wrong that regular sunscreens can be problematic, if by regular she means chemical rather than the barrier ones with zinc, as they've been linked to other health problems. And Badger is a great one, albeit expensive.

Coconut oil, though?!

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
Autocorrect, argh.
  • Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

I’m guessing the doctors are disagreeing with her that after 11 c sections the women are great. 🙄

9133F9CC-D7FE-4DC8-965E-59D7B803B738.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing the doctors are disagreeing with her that after 11 c sections the women are great. 🙄

9133F9CC-D7FE-4DC8-965E-59D7B803B738.jpeg

I have no medical background at all and I’m going to just totally call bullshit on this one. First, even in Fundie circles how statistically possible is it to know several women who have had 11 c-sections? The odds on just that seem long. Also, I feel like with even zero medical knowledge it’s not that far fetched for me to say that 11 of the exact same surgery on the exact same muscles on the exact same organs cannot be good for your body, or even just those body parts. If we are to be generous and assume that everything went completely fine with zero complications each time, how are those specific muscles and that organ not damaged, covered with scar tissue, slightly weaker each time…etc? So the argument could be made that your body is “great” with the exception of the uterus, and the muscles over that area that are cut through each time.  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

This was listed on the Guinness world record website. 11 is the record. So Karissa knows more than one woman who has set the Guinness world record? Lol ok. 

0175C1E8-BC00-40FE-8217-E3AD4EBBC43F.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 19

@JermajestyDuggar

Thanks for checking on the actual record/statistics. Somehow my brain forgot to use “ye olde Google”. I know fundies don’t really like logic and fact checking. But if someone fact checked then called her out on this how quickly would she block them?

• Upvote 5

Gal I went to high school with had to have all C- sections... he doctor told her no more after #4, and she listened. I know she had wanted a bigger family, but she is happy with the four that she has, and-- most importantly-- those children still have their mother, and she is in good health. Shove it, Karissa. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, PopRox said:

Gal I went to high school with had to have all C- sections... he doctor told her no more after #4, and she listened. I know she had wanted a bigger family, but she is happy with the four that she has, and-- most importantly-- those children still have their mother, and she is in good health. Shove it, Karissa. 

I didn’t know if this was still the recommendation. Having 3-4 c sections and then the doctor saying no more. Back in the 1980’s my aunt had three children via c section, and was told after the third to not stress her body by having another child. It worked out and she’s happy she and her three kids are healthy. I know that the doctor can dispense all the advice they want and people don’t necessarily have to listen; but as someone who doesn’t exist in the Fundie fog. I certainly would be taking my doctors advice on something as serious as this. 

• Upvote 6

Above Rubies cites a claim that an Irish woman had 13 c-sections, the last three born in 1971, 1972 and 1973. But I can’t find independent confirmation of the story, although the doctor is a real obstetrician from Australia. 

https://www.aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/pregnancy/293-pregnancy-how-many-c-sections-can-you-have

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Who in heavens name would ask this woman for health or medical advice?? That’s terrifying! Get to your doctor and avoid the woo!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

51 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Who in heavens name would ask this woman for health or medical advice?? That’s terrifying! Get to your doctor and avoid the woo!

She is so oppositional to any good ideas of any variety.

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

She is so oppositional to any good ideas of any variety.

Yes. Basically always do the opposite of what Karissa recommends and you’ll be golden. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:04 AM, Bethella said:

Above Rubies cites a claim that an Irish woman had 13 c-sections, the last three born in 1971, 1972 and 1973. But I can’t find independent confirmation of the story, although the doctor is a real obstetrician from Australia. 

https://www.aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/pregnancy/293-pregnancy-how-many-c-sections-can-you-have

I’m not saying that was the dark ages of medicine. But I feel like that surgery was even more complicated back in the 1960’s-1970’s. Without proof I’ll go as far as to say it could possibly be true. But 13 c-sections on the technology of 50-55 years ago? No thank you. It’s still difficult to recover from and scary to have a c-section these days. Could this be another instance of fundies flat out lying or bending the truth (you did say the doctor is real but is Australian, not Irish.) to accommodate their beliefs? In this instance bend the truth or lie to keep those babies coming!

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, AliC said:

I just hope the previous experience scared her into taking her shot, even though she'll never admit it.

I bet it will get the shot. She wants number 10. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hasunah2 said:

That's the baby's name  sorted .

Only if it’s a boy. Girls have to have a B middle name. 

Ah Crap Collins

Ah Blimey Collins 

• Haha 15

Shot won't help, if she's been sensitized to Rh+ fetal blood.  If so, it's too late and all future Rh+ pregnancies are at risk.  If Mandrae is homozygous Rh+ all of her pregnancies will be Rh+ (she was getting the shot until Anthym, I guess?); if he's heterozygous Rh+, it's a 50/50 chance.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 11

She’s going to be 39 when this baby is due. I’m hoping her fertility starts to go way down. 

It’s hard to make real name guesses since she’s made such strange choices in the past. 

Anastasia Blessing

Anthony/Antoine Cherished

• Upvote 7

Karissa just posted that she’s 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I’m not used to people posting so early and so exactly. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Karissa just posted that she’s 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I’m not used to people posting so early and so exactly. 

Me either. It's weird. 

If that info, though, her due date is February 3, 2023. Which is a year and 2 days after she miscarried. Assuming she carries to term, this should be an interesting pregnancy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

I only just heard of these people via Duggar Data. Just came to say that the kreative spellings of some of their kid's names read like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Also, so they refer to their kids as the A Team? Cuz they probably should.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s going to be 39 when this baby is due. I’m hoping her fertility starts to go way down. 

It’s hard to make real name guesses since she’s made such strange choices in the past. 

Anastasia Blessing

Anthony/Antoine Cherished

More like:

Anystasyya Blessying

Anythonyy Cheryyshyd

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic