IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

On 2/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, Tangy Bee said:

They had no heat last week and almost all of her kids were barefoot. We all know Texas was experiencing snow & power outages. But the Collins appeared to be comfortable, so maybe their area wasn't as bad.

Updating almost a year later, those in my city who were near critical infrastructure like hospitals and police substations never lost power. 

This woman is a disaster and a horrible parent. Lots of drama around these situations.  I hope she's not on the Munchausen syndrome-by-proxy spectrum.  

• Upvote 7

Someone is claiming a woman on FB is a friend of Karissa’s and asking for prayers. Her name is Erika Pitstick and she has posted that her friend’s 1 year old baby daughter has sepsis and needs prayers. It could be Karissa that she’s talking about. But it’s not certain because she doesn’t name her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 8

I searched and looked at the post … someone asked how old the little girl is - another person replied and said ‘around a year old’. So it does sound like it could be Anthym.

• Upvote 5

On 12/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, adidas said:

I am very worried - but unfortunately not surprised. I hope the nurses treating the baby report her to CPS, because I’ve seen nothing but neglect when it comes to her parenting. 

They're constantly hurt. I looked it up, because it felt frequent to me, and I've got 4 hospital visits in less than 2 years. That's just the severe injuries. They need someone looking out for them, because their parents sure aren't. 

There's this, where the 11 month old is very sick and injured in the hospital. 

Feb 2021 where the then just 3 and 18month old got on to a dinning room table, got scissors left out by the 9 year old (so his fault, not either parents who wasn't watching them) and severed the one year olds finger so bad he needed surgery and PT.

Dec 2020 where the same one year old badly injured his leg and it was "healed through prayer"

March 2020 the oldest, then 10, was in a leg cast for a month. 

I really hope this baby is okay. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Is it just me, or is Karissa’s IG gone? I’m getting ‘user not found’.

Is Erika Pitstick’s post gone too? Can someone please check FB? Maybe she has made it private …

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, adidas said:

Is it just me, or is Karissa’s IG gone? I’m getting ‘user not found’.

Is Erika Pitstick’s post gone too? Can someone please check FB? Maybe she has made it private …

It’s not just you. It looks like she deactivated. As much as I support this woman not being on social media, I find this development to be pretty disturbing. I can’t imagine there’s any good reason why she’s decided to deactivate. 

Edited by willowmotors
  • I Agree 9

TW: upsetting content, possible child loss:

Oh gosh. This is going from bad to worse. I was just searching to see if I could find her Facebook and someone posted ‘’sorry for your loss’ on Mandrae’s FB page.

I hope it is a misunderstanding. 

Edited to add:

I really, really hope it’s a misunderstanding.

I just went over to Reddit (I read there but have never posted - they seem to have fairly accurate information) and people there are saying that Mandrae’s FB posts are public and anyone can comment. I hope and pray that the person who wrote ‘sorry for your loss’ was confused and doesn’t know the family. 

Edited by adidas
  • Sad 3

On 12/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, Babysitter said:

They're constantly hurt. I looked it up, because it felt frequent to me, and I've got 4 hospital visits in less than 2 years. That's just the severe injuries. They need someone looking out for them, because their parents sure aren't. 

There's this, where the 11 month old is very sick and injured in the hospital. 

Feb 2021 where the then just 3 and 18month old got on to a dinning room table, got scissors left out by the 9 year old (so his fault, not either parents who wasn't watching them) and severed the one year olds finger so bad he needed surgery and PT.

Dec 2020 where the same one year old badly injured his leg and it was "healed through prayer"

March 2020 the oldest, then 10, was in a leg cast for a month. 

I really hope this baby is okay. 

Poor Answer is always being put in neglectful situations.  Does she hate that little boy that much? I know she posted a picture of him sitting in a fire pit.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on one of the groups that K posted about not getting the rhogam shot with her last baby, apparently she's "now five weeks pregnant" and bleeding, and the doctor wants her to get the shot. Absolutely no mention of Baby Anthym having been in the hospital, not even on her birthday a few days ago... but now she's expecting another child to neglect and endanger. FUCK.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 6

On 1/6/2022 at 10:56 AM, PopRox said:

I saw on one of the groups that K posted about not getting the rhogam shot with her last baby, apparently she's "now five weeks pregnant" and bleeding, and the doctor wants her to get the shot. Absolutely no mention of Baby Anthym having been in the hospital, not even on her birthday a few days ago... but now she's expecting another child to neglect and endanger. FUCK.

Any updates on this situation?

Karissa posted a 13 min vid on instagram about anthyms hospital stay, they zre not sure what caused it.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, ven said:

Karissa posted a 13 min vid on instagram about anthyms hospital stay, they zre not sure what caused it.

I don’t believe that for a minute. She’s just not saying because it’s probably due to her being a negligent parent. I think Karissa lives in her own little world and she will never tell the whole story online. She didn’t even write a thank you to the doctors in her caption. I bet she hated that they made her wear a mask in the hospital. She seems to hate anything medically related yet they saved her baby’s life. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

In that video, she keeps trying to get her tubed up, uncomfortable little baby to say "Mama", over and over again.  Baby would probably prefer to tell her to screw off.

Also, one of the other kids broke her leg while all this was going on, and is hobbling around on crutches.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

5 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

In that video, she keeps trying to get her tubed up, uncomfortable little baby to say "Mama", over and over again.  Baby would probably prefer to tell her to screw off.

Also, one of the other kids broke her leg while all this was going on, and is hobbling around on crutches.

They have so many “accidents” in that house. Anchor broke his leg in the last year and there was that infamous cut from kitchen scissors when one of the little ones wasn’t being supervised. 

• Upvote 10

… so this woman was TTC while her baby (less than a year old) was fighting for her life in ICU. Am I the meanest person on earth to think that her and her husband could have waited a couple of weeks?

Shows her priorities imo. 

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Is Karissa even going to follow up with the doctors? Or will she just think since she’s looking better, she can go back to hating medicine and doctors again. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, adidas said:

… so this woman was TTC while her baby (less than a year old) was fighting for her life in ICU. Am I the meanest person on earth to think that her and her husband could have waited a couple of weeks?

Shows her priorities imo. 

The baby was admitted on December 20th which was 3 weeks ago as of tomorrow. If Karissa was 5 weeks pregnant as of last week, she would have conceived the week prior to Anthym’s hospitalization.

I also don’t believe Karissa’s story that they don’t know the cause.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is Karissa even going to follow up with the doctors? Or will she just think since she’s looking better, she can go back to hating medicine and doctors again. 

I remember that she did take Anchor to PT after the cut finger incident, so it’s possible she will F/U with the doctors regarding Anthym’s ongoing care. Poor baby was hospitalized for over two weeks. There was something major going on and I know that kids can just bounce back but I worry so much for those kids’ health and safety.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

58 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I also don’t believe Karissa’s story that they don’t know the cause.

I suspect Covid TBH, why else would she try to hide what it was, and multiple people mentioned on reddit that there seems to be something wrong in the lungs on the scans Karissa showed.

5 minutes ago, kiwi said:

The photo looks like she was crushed by a bookcase, slats from a cot or set of drawers. She has bruises all over her body in thick lines.

I think those are shadows from a celing fan or something like that, since such big bruises could not dissapear so quickly to be only present in only that one photo.

• Upvote 4

To be fair as a paediatrian who works on a hospital ward, there are a lot (most) of our children who get seriously ill and we can't find the bacteria or virus which caused it.  Blood cultures can be negative even if the child clearly had bacterial sepsis and responded to antibiotics.  It means we often don't know exactly why the child was unwell even when we have a good idea, we just know which specific bacteria it was and can't prove it.

The same with viruses, if the child has a virus which isn't tested for on the specific panel then it will come back negative, and not been found.

These children can be scary ill, get treated with IV antibiotics and antivirals and need lots of other treatment, then get better and respond to treatment.

I'm not defending them or saying that they don't neglect (and abuse) their children.  But having a seriously unwell child and not knowing the exact bacteria/virus which caused it, is actually very common (or even for definite whether it was bacteria or viral).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 18

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic