IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

27 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

image.png.d793ca520f130b9c4b48ca2183949e9b.png

Gwen Shamblin’s cult does this, Messianic Jews do this (like the Washburns), and I guess Karissa does this. I’m not Christian or Jewish but it bugs me that so many people try to steal anything Jewish they feel like doing. Of course they often will refuse to keep kosher. Probably because it’s too hard. But they love snapping up the holidays. It’s just annoying. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen Shamblin’s cult does this, Messianic Jews do this (like the Washburns), and I guess Karissa does this. I’m not Christian or Jewish but it bugs me that so many people try to steal anything Jewish they feel like doing. Of course they often will refuse to keep kosher. Probably because it’s too hard. But they love snapping up the holidays. It’s just annoying. 

People like Karissa, and apparently KNY as well, seem to like to pretend that Jews stopped existing when Christianity came around. We didn't. Our culture has lived on, growing and changing like everyone else, including how we celebrate holidays. Passover celebrations as we know it now was developed after the fall of the second temple, a.k.a after Christianity was created. The fact that these Christians want to come in and steal our traditions after spending hundreds of years violently oppressing us under the guise of it being our shared history is beyond infuriating. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

image.png.d793ca520f130b9c4b48ca2183949e9b.png

I see nothing wrong with people of any faith who seek out understating of other faiths from a sociological, cultural, diversity awareness, or historical perspective. But once again fundies take a concept (education about other religions, trying to understand all parts of the Bible) and just suck the life out of it. I am Christian and the Christians who borrow so heavily from Judaism to the point of appropriation drive me up the wall. I’ve been to exactly one Seder meal and one Shabbat in my entire life. Both were events designed for people in the sociology or religious studies program at my university so we could understand other faiths better. It does not make me an expert, nor does it mean I’m going to start taking certain Jewish holidays as my own to celebrate. 

• Upvote 9

Since we are already talking about it, I guess the Kingerys like to cosplay at being Jewish 🙄 If you don’t know who they are, their dad is an ex pro baseball player and their daughter married a Wissmann. 

BB117B5E-0956-43BE-AA33-8319422068B3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

@JermajestyDuggar They're also vocal antivaxxers, or at least Rachel (the eldest) is. I haven't used Instagram in a while so I don't know what she's up to, but she and Karissa might get along 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

BEC: it bugs me that she dresses the children the same so often. For special occasions? Fine. But they dress the same all the time. They already have matching names, do they also need matching clothes? I hope the kids can find some individuality in that family. 

• Upvote 3

The Collins fam are in FL for the Above Rubies family conference. Where she can state all her crazy ass beliefs and no one will challenge her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Re: her sex posts-- writing about your sex life on the internet is not modest, Karissa, especially under your real name!

I totally understand that there are certain sexual situations/acts  that people are uncomfortable with or simply don't like engaging in. That's totally normal! But what *isnt* normal is calling it "sin" and insisting that nobody else is allowed to do it, either, because you dislike it. Stay in your lane.

• Upvote 11

53 minutes ago, PopRox said:

Re: her sex posts-- writing about your sex life on the internet is not modest, Karissa, especially under your real name!

I totally understand that there are certain sexual situations/acts  that people are uncomfortable with or simply don't like engaging in. That's totally normal! But what *isnt* normal is calling it "sin" and insisting that nobody else is allowed to do it, either, because you dislike it. Stay in your lane.

Exactly. I don’t tell people they can’t be furries even though it sounds like hell to me. I hate being hot and I imagine being a furry would be over 100 degrees in one of those costumes. But if that floats other peoples boats, who am I to object? Just make sure you stay hydrated furries!

• Upvote 4

Since she’s a nutty flat earther anti vaxer, I never believe anything she posts. This could be true but I don’t believe it because Karissa posted it. 

6A562E8F-BC7B-4B53-97B1-BFC66707D250.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4

Thanks Karissa but I'll stick with actual science. The study linked below has a chart and says no increased risk for: antisperm antibodies (autoimmune disease), prostate cancer, sexual dysfunction, or cardiovascular disease. All procedures have some risk and the chart notes the rate of infection and hematoma, post-vasectomy pain syndrome and sperm granulomas. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8255399/#:~:text=The long-term safety of,complications of vasectomy is low.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since she’s a nutty flat earther anti vaxer, I never believe anything she posts. This could be true but I don’t believe it because Karissa posted it. 

6A562E8F-BC7B-4B53-97B1-BFC66707D250.jpeg

I guess this means her husband won't be getting one.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I guess this means her husband won't be getting one.

Oh we already knew that. She’s going to have as many kids as she can. 

• Upvote 6

She also posted something about vasectomy causing increased risk of prostate cancer, which I am naturally assuming she pulled out of her ass.  But if you're so concerned with cancer risk, Karissa, getting your fallopian tubes removed reduces ovarian cancer risk by somewhere around 40-50% - so get on that.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh we already knew that. She’s going to have as many kids as she can. 

Not without rhogam... 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Not without rhogam... 

I have a feeling that she will get the shot next time around. She probably wants a baby more than she wants to be right. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, dramallama said:

She also posted something about vasectomy causing increased risk of prostate cancer, which I am naturally assuming she pulled out of her ass.  But if you're so concerned with cancer risk, Karissa, getting your fallopian tubes removed reduces ovarian cancer risk by somewhere around 40-50% - so get on that.

This reminds me of when prolifers used to say that abortion (even one) dramatically increased the risk of breast cancer. It was one of those half truth things someone ran with and was eventually debunked. It was like some small obscure medical study with just the weakest of links connecting two issues (abortion and increased breast cancer risk) used to fear monger people and push an agenda. I know a handful of guys who’ve had vasectomies (most are mid-late 40’s) who have never had a single complication from the procedure itself or any long term affects. I’m with you that she made this one up to scare people. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

This reminds me of when prolifers used to say that abortion (even one) dramatically increased the risk of breast cancer. It was one of those half truth things someone ran with and was eventually debunked. It was like some small obscure medical study with just the weakest of links connecting two issues (abortion and increased breast cancer risk) used to fear monger people and push an agenda. I know a handful of guys who’ve had vasectomies (most are mid-late 40’s) who have never had a single complication from the procedure itself or any long term affects. I’m with you that she made this one up to scare people. 

It's also that not having kids is increased risk of breast cancer, although plenty of women have kids and have breast cancer. 

• Upvote 4

I bet Karissa will try to become friends with the Creviers. I know they aren’t that well known on FJ but they seem like a family Karissa would greatly admire. They have 12 kids. Although many have married and moved out of the house. They were on America’s got talent because they dribble basketballs and ride unicycles for Jesus. They go to the Above Rubies conference too. I’ve mentioned them on FJ because the Shaws have married into their family. Well the second Shaw girl hasn’t married into it yet but I think she will in a few weeks. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t know if Karissa does it consciously, but I think she does something to lighten her pictures. I don’t know if she just has her phone on a brighter setting or what. But her pictures often look very light and I can see where people think she’s trying to lighten her children. 

04B0409C-7AC6-498F-A5A2-5305F4B29632.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling that she will get the shot next time around. She probably wants a baby more than she wants to be right. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought once you became Rh-sensitized, Rhogam no longer makes a difference.  It's meant to prevent sensitization, but IF she now has anti-Rh antibodies her immune system will attack all future Rh+ pregnancies whether she gets the shot or not.

Just Googled and that appears correct - "RhoGAM is useless if a woman is already sensitized. Any pregnancy event with the potential for fetal-maternal blood mixing can sensitize the mother. That includes certain placental abnormalities, tubal pregnancy, miscarriage and invasive procedures such as abortion or amniocentesis."  https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51717

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, dramallama said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought once you became Rh-sensitized, Rhogam no longer makes a difference.  It's meant to prevent sensitization, but IF she now has anti-Rh antibodies her immune system will attack all future Rh+ pregnancies whether she gets the shot or not.

Just Googled and that appears correct - "RhoGAM is useless if a woman is already sensitized. Any pregnancy event with the potential for fetal-maternal blood mixing can sensitize the mother. That includes certain placental abnormalities, tubal pregnancy, miscarriage and invasive procedures such as abortion or amniocentesis."  https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51717

So confusing! I don’t know what to think.

When I got my first dog his vasectomy, one of the things the vet did talk about was a very, very tiny increased risk of prostate cancer.   However, the risk of him getting it as a vasectomized but hormonally intact male was still less than the risk of him getting it as a castrated one.   
That was 8 years ago, so I'm guessing more info has come out since then.  

• Upvote 2

For humans, the study that most of those people are referencing 1) only had 20-some participants and 2) the increased risk of prostate cancer was only for people who were ALREADY at risk for it. So it increased the risk that was already there. However, the study results have not been replicated, and with such a small sample size, the results cannot be generalized to the population. I don’t have a link handy to back up what I’m saying, but it’s easily Google-able. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic