IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

1 hour ago, imokit said:

To be fair as a paediatrian who works on a hospital ward, there are a lot (most) of our children who get seriously ill and we can't find the bacteria or virus which caused it.  Blood cultures can be negative even if the child clearly had bacterial sepsis and responded to antibiotics.  It means we often don't know exactly why the child was unwell even when we have a good idea, we just know which specific bacteria it was and can't prove it.

The same with viruses, if the child has a virus which isn't tested for on the specific panel then it will come back negative, and not been found.

These children can be scary ill, get treated with IV antibiotics and antivirals and need lots of other treatment, then get better and respond to treatment.

I'm not defending them or saying that they don't neglect (and abuse) their children.  But having a seriously unwell child and not knowing the exact bacteria/virus which caused it, is actually very common (or even for definite whether it was bacteria or viral).

The thing is, Karissa probably won’t even give that info! She probably won’t even say, “the doctors believe she has a bacterial infection but they are unsure which bacteria caused it.” 

She will just say doctors don’t know. As if they have zero idea. When that’s not the case at all. 

• Upvote 18

Also i cant believe one of her girls broke yet another bone. So many broken bones in just one family and in a short amount of time. I just hope someone is looking into it.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

O.o she just posted a 40 min explanation of what happened on her instagram. Seems like UTI gone bad. I had to turn it down after the first 10 mins. Apparantly she  went limp 2× ( the day before already)  and they totally just went along with their day a liltlle longer , like nothing was happening. I knew this was bad,  but i am genuinly shocked 😲  what ??? If anyone cares to summarise what went on after  be my guest, i just want to punch the woman hard , on the 👃, with a crowbar.

Edited by ven
Im angry
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 10
  • Thank You 6

36 minutes ago, ven said:

O.o she just posted a 40 min explanation of what happened on her instagram. Seems like UTI gone bad. I had to turn it down after the first 10 mins. Apparantly she  went limp 2× ( the day before already)  and they totally just went along with their day a liltlle longer , like nothing was happening. I knew this was bad,  but i am genuinly shocked 😲  what ??? If anyone cares to summarise what went on after  be my guest, i just want to punch the woman hard , on the 👃, with a crowbar.

I can’t believe she’s admitting to her blatant neglect. I know she neglects her kids. But I’m just amazed at how much she admits to it. 

• Upvote 10

My child has gone limp before from seizures and it was absolutely terrifying! I cannot imagine just ignoring it. The first time I was so scared he was dying, I ran outside with him in my arms to ambulance only wearing underwear and a t-shirt. How detached from your child can you be that you just ignore that? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 18

She has a major complex with authority. Everyone is against her, she shared vague photos on social media without an explanation and was shocked when people filled in the gaps and made stuff up.

Kid went limp for the SECOND time in two days and they went out to eat lunch.

The entire thing is about her. Barely anything about her poor child

The more i watch the more i cant stop shaking my head. She seems to have massive issues with medical professionals and procedures. You better believe a hospital isnt going to waste their time or yours doing treatment thats not required. The breathing treatments and percussion she explained as torture. Get real lady. Get a fucken grip on reality.

Also how inconvenient for her that her child might have to be transferred 1-2hrs from home to a bigger hospital [emoji2360] she stayed ONE night out of 19. Bitched and complained about how cold it was and her child had a fever they couldnt treat due to her liver numbers. But she went home to her warm bed and bath every night.

She spent FOUR DAYS away from the hospital because she was traumatised. She fasted for 11 days (in early pregnancy apparently), and prayed in her closet [emoji2360] absolutely ridiculous.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 12

There are several summaries of the long video on Reddit.  Karissa makes sure to mention how little privacy there was in the ICU and how you could hear someone cough, and that she and Mandrae would "scream-cry-pray" as loud as they possibly could.  What the fuck, those poor other families.

• Upvote 17
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 10
  • Love 2

I’m just glad there are summaries because I’m betting she will eventually take the video down. Karissa is going to end up medically neglecting one of those kids so bad that I’m afraid one will end up dying. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Only watched 15 minutes and it is such a trainwreck...

• Anthym had a fever and went limp the day before but Karissa thoyght it was just the same illness all her kids had the week before and let her rest.
  • Next day she seemed better so they went to a basketball game. Then sudenly she lost all control of her muscles. She couldnt hold her head, even her mouth was droopy, but aparently this was not enought of a concern sign for Karissa and Mandrae as they went to lunch.
  • Karissa says that because they dont vaccinate the doctors tried to blame the illness on it, so they did a spinal looking for tuberculosis (someone in the comments pointed out that it had to be for meningitis and she agreed that it was what she meant).
  • Acording to Karissa the person doing the spinal was suffocating her daughter with his big belly despite her yelling at him and she passed out (WTF?) so they needed to put her on oxygen. 
  • A "shady" nurse looked at her and whispered something to the doctor, wich made her paranoid about CPS. 
  • She says until her husband arrived nobody exmplained anything to her and were rude to her. She implies it is because of misogyny.
  • She was diagnosed as having UTI that turned into sepsis. Karissa washes her hands on all responsability mentioning that it was something impossible to detect since she didnt have any signs, except she had blood in her diaper but she says it wasnt there before going to the hospital.
  • They admited her to ICU, and people there were nicer so things "calmed down". Except they still had her on high flow oxygen and according to Karissa that made her so much worse. She doesnt think she needed it so she kept telling the doctors to put her on regular oxygen. Her husband sent her home to rest.
  • At this point she didnt think it was something serious and that she was just dehydrated and needed antibiotics and she would be good the next day, so she shared a couple of pictures on her instagram. People were awfull making assumptions about Anthym and harassing her. People were cursing her daughter and wishing death upon her so thats why she was gone for a while.
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 20
  • Love 1

Firstly, Karissa wouldn’t know if there was blood in a diaper because from photos it looks like they are changed once every 12 hours. Probably by the older sister rather than the mother.

Secondly, the amount and severity of paranoia she admits to is worrying.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 12

8 minutes ago, adidas said:

Firstly, Karissa wouldn’t know if there was blood in a diaper because from photos it looks like they are changed once every 12 hours. Probably by the older sister rather than the mother.

Secondly, the amount and severity of paranoia she admits to is worrying.

I agree. She hasn’t been well (mentally) for some time. The fact that Mandrae ignores these obvious signs makes him just as negligent. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

So many people struggle with infertility who would give babies a good home ... and this trainwreck has 9+ of them.  Thank you to all who are summarizing and reporting.  I've got to stay strictly away from IG and r*dd*t on this because I might well run mad.

Screaming prayer, eh? How did that go down with the nasty person who was coughing, the next stall over?  *feeling like my BP at dangerous point.  Later, gators.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13

She says she deleted her social media accounts so that people couldn’t ‘wish death’ on Anthym … I’m sorry but people on the other side of a computer are going to be way less deadly than the mother of this unvaccinated, neglected child who was ignored for over 24 hours before medical attention was sought. The reality is that any death in this family will be because of the parents, not because the mother’s dubious mental health imagines people ‘wishing’ it. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

6 hours ago, adidas said:

She says she deleted her social media accounts so that people couldn’t ‘wish death’ on Anthym … I’m sorry but people on the other side of a computer are going to be way less deadly than the mother of this unvaccinated, neglected child who was ignored for over 24 hours before medical attention was sought. The reality is that any death in this family will be because of the parents, not because the mother’s dubious mental health imagines people ‘wishing’ it. 

She believes in curses. She believes the devil is attacking her. Her older son was speaking in tongues visiting his sister at the hospital and she was proud. She does not live in reality. And it’s scary as hell. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 5

Shaq came to her fucking house?!?! What fucking planet am I living on?! I just hope more attention is brought to her family and more people know how badly she is neglecting those kids. 

7E219224-B32C-45A0-B816-7B49E4811909.jpeg

075ED2C8-BCF7-44F9-A8AA-4E04B85240F4.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 19
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, imokit said:

Who is Shaq?

I’m betting you aren’t a basketball fan. He played pro ball for many years and was very well known for it. He’s very tall and has a pretty big personality so he’s in a lot of commercials and stuff like that. He’s even been in a few movies. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, freejugar said:

What?! I don't get it. Why did a mega sports star just decide to visit this random family?

Karissa has said Mandrae was with the Harlem Globetrotters for a few years in the past. It’s possible Mandrae has met him before. Plus celebrities tend to visit sick kids in hospitals. With Covid, maybe that wasn’t possible and he decided to visit them at home. 

• Upvote 7

As a nurse I call bullshit on a lot of that video summary. But there is a whole dish of crazy and neglect there.. I wouldn’t be surprised if the authorities are made aware of this hospital admission and parents behaviours.. Fancy a kids ICU being open and having no privacy… 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 7

You guys missed the part in her video (yeah, I'm a sucker who watched the whole thing) where one of her daughters, Anjalie, maybe, went under the trampoline and then the other kids jumped on it and she broke her leg.  This occurred at the totally normal time of trampoline jumping -- at 10:00 at night.  But that's okay, Karissa took her to the emergency room the next day.  She doesn't need a cast though, just a brace because the break is in a place that would require her to be casted up to her hip.

WTF?  

Also, with Mandrae spending all the nights at the hospital, this was clearly on her and her own negligence.

We have been to the ER four times in the past four years -- I fell and broke my leg in three places while pregnant with twins, one of my twins swallowed a toy of her big sister's when she was 16 months old, my then-three-year-old who spiked a 106* fever the day she was diagnosed with Flu B, and my twins when they got into my visiting father-in-law's medication (as a precaution and on the advice of poison control).  I thought we were bad.  These guys are a disaster.

Edited by kellee79
  • Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, kellee79 said:

You guys missed the part in her video (yeah, I'm a sucker who watched the whole thing) where one of her daughters, Anjalie, maybe, went under the trampoline and then the other kids jumped on it and she broke her leg.  This occurred at the totally normal time of trampoline jumping -- at 10:00 at night.  But that's okay, Karissa took her to the emergency room the next day.  She doesn't need a cast though, just a brace because the break is in a place that would require her to be casted up to her hip.

WTF?  

Also, with Mandrae spending all the nights at the hospital, this was clearly on her and her own negligence.

We have been to the ER four times in the past four years -- I fell and broke my leg in three places while pregnant with twins, one of my twins swallowed a toy of her big sister's when she was 16 months old, my then-three-year-old who spiked a 106* fever the day she was diagnosed with Flu B, and my twins when they got into my visiting father-in-law's medication (as a precaution and on the advice of poison control).  I thought we were bad.  These guys are a disaster.

I bet they don’t follow any sort of rules for the trampoline. I grew up with trampolines with no nets and few rules. Not only did I get hurt multiple times but so did friends and family. That’s why I’m such a stickler about them. The Bateses have a death trap trampoline. There’s never been a net on it and it looks like it will fall apart at any moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if Karissa let all the kids jump at once with out a net. The more jumpers you have, the more likely for someone to get hurt. Any large fundie family with a trampoline is a bad idea. We all know fundie kids aren’t properly supervised and their parents don’t care about safety. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, freejugar said:

What?! I don't get it. Why did a mega sports star just decide to visit this random family?

These things happen. Several years ago, a guy at my office showed us pictures of his little boy in an expensive driveable toy car gifted to him by Taylor Swift! It wasn’t a Make-a-Wish thing or anything like that—it turns out his wife was a Taylor Swift fan who followed her on social media and TS randomly decided to send the little boy a nice gift.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic