IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Me too, and yep, its OK.

Same. If I didn't wear mascara, I'd have zero eyes.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, nst said:

Pickles has a new picture of kendra and Joy both holding their kids...someone has post it because it is priceless...they are at the TTH and joy has no shoes on. 

The one where they’re *in* the house? Why are we snarking on going barefoot inside when the alternative is tracking dirt all over the house?

4 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

The one where they’re *in* the house? Why are we snarking on going barefoot inside when the alternative is tracking dirt all over the house?

I agree. Why would anyone wear their shoes inside? Just thinking about what you have on the soles makes me wanna puke and I am not buying into this germ free, hyper clean movement. 

Lots of people have shoes just to wear inside but wearing your normal shoes inside is not something you see here often.

Just now, just_ordinary said:

I agree. Why would anyone wear their shoes inside? Just thinking about what you have on the soles makes me wanna puke and I am not buying into this germ free, hyper clean movement. 

Lots of people have shoes just to wear inside but wearing your normal shoes inside is not something you see here often.

I’ve heard it’s more common here in the states to wear shoes in the home, but I wasn’t raised to. And I take them off when I’m a guest in others homes.

It’s especially important to not wear shoes inside when you have a baby—even before they’re mobile, there’s tummy time to think about. 

I'm also in the smaller almond eyes club, and my eyebrows are fair and sparse (this has improved a bit since I started taking biotin supplements). My makeup minimum for leaving the house is mascara and a little eyeshadow to fill in my brows (or big sunglasses).

I love that people are doing my mad lib! My childhood best friend and I were really into those in our tween years (they'd usually wind up silly and dirty). We now live in different time zones, but I'm hoping I can test out the mad lib on her. Will post the final result when it happens.

When I saw Joy's bare feet, I thought how nice the cold tiles would feel in the heat.

So we’re getting a birth preview July 6th, and judging by Ellie’s post “In the first glimpse, Joseph and Kendra Duggar are ready to welcome their baby. With 10 days to go until her due date, Kendra goes into labor and heads to the hospital. Only a few hours later, she gives birth to their baby boy, Garrett David Duggar.” Looks like a straight forward, no complications kinda birth. 

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The Duggars floors always look dirty to me- I doubt they are any cleaner than the outside.

I just entertained 17 people for 3 days. We rented our neighbor's home for additional sleeping (it's a second home for them). I can attest to the fact that it is really hard to keep homes clean for that number of people- and the cooking/dishes are a bitch. I did break down and use paper.

For all of you with almond eyes, just be glad you don't have two different eye shapes. It's almost impossible to level that mess out with mascara. 

I wear shoes inside*. My house isn't filthy. But it's just the two of us. 

This topic is like declawing cats and circumcising boys. Hot, and fraught with conflict. lol

*I wear them inside from the front door, allllll the way to the kitchen, then up the stairs and down the hall to the master bedroom. I reverse that in the mornings when I get dressed for work.

My mum and dad introduced a shoes off rule when they bought an expensive light coloured carpet for the stairs, when I was about 10, so I always have no shoes on in my house. Other people's houses I wear shoes unless my feet are dirty or the person asks me to take them off. Joy is used to not wearing shoes at her parents house so no big deal if she took them off.

I wear shoes (right now flip-flops) in my house and even when I go into a clients house. I only had 1 client ask me to take my shoes off that was years ago and I haven’t been ask to take my shoes off since. 

Yeah, looking for all the emoticons and preparing to drag up the dead skunk.

:deadhorse:   :dead-horse:

Parrot ceased.jpg

If we’re going to bring up the shoes in the house debate we might as well revive the peanut butter debate. 

My sister in law insists that people remove their shoes upon entering her house.

And she goes a step further,she wants you to keep your socks on.

She claims the oils from your feet will destroy her carpet.

@MsSaylor

Duvet's are wonderful things.  Though a new housemate asked me how to wash his, and turns out he never knew about duvet covers and hadn't been using one.

To be fair he'd just moved from Asia, and knew that duvets were warm things to sleep but not the intricacies of it.

We exchanged our duvets for big organic wool blankets that we use in duvet covers. They are awesome. Warm in winter, not too warm in summer. 

I used to have a really hard time sleeping without being covered with something. But when Miniway was little and only slept good right next to me I took all big duvets away so he couldn’t end up under something and slept with only a duvet cover over my legs. Now I can just lie down on the bed in my pyjamas and fall asleep. 

I also got rid of all of our duvets (3 kids), i got sick of having to find the inners every day when making the beds. We all have vintage NZ wool blankets and the quilted cover on top (trendy quilted, not nana quilted). The kids often mix it up with mink blankets too. We are strictly top and bottom sheet people too lol

D24609C6-1A3D-49B8-AD4D-E756BC409CCF.jpeg

We use a fitted sheet, a top sheet, a knit blanket, and a comforter on our bed. It’s nice and cozy most nights. If it’s too hot we just take the comforter off for the night.

Our daughter has been in her crib in her own room for a year now. She’s only ever used a fitted sheet and a sleep sack. She actually loves the sleep sack so much that she won’t nap or sleep without it at this point. She also doesn’t seem to sleep or nap anywhere that isn’t her crib now either (other than in the car.)

We’ve been relaxed about some guidelines and recommendations (like screen time), but safe sleep and car seat safety are definitely two of the recommendations we’ve always taken very seriously. We’re lucky our daughter has been so chill about the sleep stuff because we would have been way too nervous to actually sleep if we had to have her in the bed with us. 

We were pretty much all bedspreads, all the time, until I was in high school. I don’t remember exactly when I got my first comforter, or why mom changed her mind, but I do know that I thought it was an improvement. I always hated the flimsy bedspread over a non-snuggly blanket combo, so comforters seemed downright luxurious! I never even heard of a duvet cover until I was nineteen, but I’ve preferred using them over not for quite a while, now. When I was getting ready to renew the lease on my current apartment for the first time, I decided to take a chance and “properly decorate” for the first time. I’ve moved around a lot, so I never really saw a point in investing a lot of time/money in that area. (It was kind of scary, buying actual furniture and painting walls!) One of my favorite choices was/is a black velvet duvet cover, and I have two comforters that I swap in and out, depending on the weather. I used to get annoyed by the corners migrating, but a few safety pins solves the problem. I just make sure they’re pinned inside, so there’s less chance of coming undone or poking me as I sleep. I’ve had it for almost three years now, and I still smile every time I flop against it. So soft, so cuddly, so hard to make myself leave!

E0189DA1-3D96-40DD-AA84-19D34809DAA7.jpeg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived