IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

32 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

The thing is - ANYONE with a new baby would be tired, whether they're 19 or 29 or 39...

Judging them for looking tired (baby or no baby) is just wrong.

I didn't get judge-y vibes from any posters here. Of course they are probably tired and not wearing makeup. They're not required to, and not any less for being so. It's just an observation. 

They also look very happy IMO.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Judging them for looking tired (baby or no baby) is just wrong.

I don't really think anyone was judging them for looking tired. At least I'm not, I look tired frequently too due to my baby. I don't take it as an insult, personally. It's expected when you have a little one, I hope that there patriarchal husbands are giving them a chance to take a nap now and then and help with the baby.  Actually I would think them being tired is a good thing if it means they aren't letting their little babies cry for hours to sleep train them. 

I don’t think CancerBomb was judging them for how they look, but I still hate the whole “I’m the same age and I just feel so SORRY for her, because she looks tired with that new baby and I wouldn’t want that for my life.” I have friends having their first baby in their 30s and 40s. I can just imagine the backlash if I said, “gosh, I feel so sorry for her having a baby so OLD, I can’t imagine being that exhausted at my age!”

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Surely Joy and Kendra would look tired, because they are - they have new little babies who presumably don't sleep through the night. Not everyone looks like Duchess Catherine right after giving birth. 

No one looks like Duchess Catherine right after giving birth. Not even a whole team of expert stylists and make up artists could have made me look like her after giving birth, or now. Thank Rufus no one cares what I look like!

Labor is an arduous process that often takes several hours. Quite frankly, I don't want to meet the woman who looks good after such an ordeal. 

My older sister looked like Catherine Middleton after she left the hospital for all three of her births.  She went home in size 8 jeans each time.  I on the other hand, look like I'm four months pregnant at all times.

*sigh*

I almost never wear makeup and rarely get the "tired" comments. I realize it's a sexist issue, but at the same time I do think a part of it is just what people are used to seeing. I wish I could get away with natural looking makeup, but just about everyone who knows me points it out the on days I do wear makeup, and it makes me self conscious of my (lack of) skill without fail.

Seeing new mama Kendra possibly bare-faced makes me think that she and Joseph are going to be one of those couples that starts looking alike. Their face and body shapes just seem similar. No snark- they're a cute couple and good looking on their own too.

12 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I almost never wear makeup and rarely get the "tired" comments.

It's BECAUSE you rarely wear makeup that you don't get the "tired" comments. When you ALWAYS wear it, and then don't... THAT'S when you get the comments.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's BECAUSE you rarely wear makeup that you don't get the "tired" comments. When you ALWAYS wear it, and then don't... THAT'S when you get the comments.

I was trying to make that same point, sorry if I was unclear :) Instead, people always point out when I DO wear make-up. It's not the same thing but it still bothers me.

I HATE THE "YOU LOOK SO TIRED" comments! I also get the "Are you feeling OK? YOU LOOK SO PALE!" I do usually get these comments on days when I just need to rush and am having a groggy morning and can't put it on quick enough. I am tired of people pointing out my dark raccoon under eye circles that I inherited and my pasty pale skin. I smile and just say "Yep, I am tired, aren't we all lately?" and brush it off. If I don't slap on a bit of blush, mascara, and nude-pink lipstick, people think I look like death-warmed over. 

18 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Her eyes look smaller than usual which could be puffy tired eyes or more likely in my opinion no eye make up. She obviously wasn’t thinking about how widely the photo might be circulated.

You know what? Some of us have those small almond shaped eyes (I do) and that's ok. In fact, water retention, bloating, fatigue can make the eyelids puffier and the eyes look even smaller. Give the girl some slack. It's just not right to point out someone's appearance and features like that. Maybe she is just comfortable in her own skin and doesn't mind being pictured without makeup.

Pickles has a new picture of kendra and Joy both holding their kids...someone has post it because it is priceless...they are at the TTH and joy has no shoes on. 

I have naturally fair skin,and dark circles under my eyes.Years ago,before I worked in  a warehouse,I used to wear some make up daily to work.I had people ask all the time why I did not wear make up,when I did.I got "Melon,I did not know you wore make up""Melon,you need to put on some make up". I have no idea if it was a compliment or ,an insult.

Once ,I started working in a warehouse,sweating...I didn't see the point...I'd only sweat it off ,so I quit wearing it to work.

2 hours ago, nst said:

Pickles has a new picture of kendra and Joy both holding their kids...someone has post it because it is priceless...they are at the TTH and joy has no shoes on. 

It's been posted here numerous times.

36 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's been posted here numerous times.

excellent - glad to know that my sleuthing skills are behind schedule. 

:D

Well, still no social media accounts (ie Instagram) for Joe and Kendra, but it looks like the seemingly inevitable website is now officially live: https://www.joeandkendra.com/ 

I think someone may have mentioned a link to it appearing on a family member's instagram previously, but according to L&E as of "today the news can officially be shared". :pb_rollseyes:

Engagement, wedding, childhood, and Garrett photos, their individual childhood and come-to-Jesus stories and coupledom story, and links to recommended ministries (ALERT, Crown College, and Lighthouse Baptist). Yeah, they've gone ALL in on the fundie branding here.

Looking through the comments sections on their new website, and of course our fav fundie stalker did not disappoint

Becky M. on June 20, 2018 at 2:04 pm

How did I not know you guys had a website!?! This is awesome!! I love you guys and I can’t wait to see more pictures of baby Garrett!

P.S. You should really consider joining Instagram so we can get lots of updates! <3

THEY WILL TOTES LISTEN TO YOU, BECKY!!!1!!!1!1!!!! <3

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Looking through the comments sections on their new website, and of course our fav fundie stalker did not disappoint

THEY WILL TOTES LISTEN TO YOU, BECKY!!!1!!!1!1!!!! <3

This Becky person creeps me out, she is always commenting on the Duggar and Bates family pages. I'm glad Joe and Kendra have decided to stay off social media.

On 6/25/2018 at 4:36 PM, Iamtheway said:

No one looks like Duchess Catherine right after giving birth. Not even a whole team of expert stylists and make up artists could have made me look like her after giving birth, or now. Thank Rufus no one cares what I look like!

I bet Duchess Catherine didn’t even look like Duchess Catherine right after giving birth, she had a team to make her into Duchess Catherine. She was probably an exhausted mess just like any of us until the glam squad arrived. 

3 minutes ago, Nargus said:

I bet Duchess Catherine didn’t even look like Duchess Catherine right after giving birth, she had a team to make her into Duchess Catherine. She was probably an exhausted mess just like any of us until the glam squad arrived. 

THANK YOU!!!! I've said that before, people seem to forget to take that into account. If I had stylists and my own make up and hair crew I would've looked great too. But I don't have that so I wore sweatpants and I didn't brush my hair for 2 days haha

Just for fun, Fundie Mad Libs based on Joe Duggar's words.

There was something special about this ________________(noun). I saw such sincerity in (his/her/their/it's)  _____________________ (feeling) for the ____________________(noun) and for ________________________(plural noun). There were times when I would see ___________________(adjective) _______________________(plural noun) who were actively _______________________(verb) in their ___________________________(plural place), but sometimes I would get the feeling it was out of a sense of duty or because of the _____________________(plural noun) of people around them. However I observed __________________(name) day-in and day-out, and I could see that (his/her/their/it's) reason for _____________________(verb) and ___________________(verb) stemmed from (his/her/their/it's) __________________(body part). It was based in a deep-rooted __________________(emotion) for ______________________(noun), and that's something that seems so _______________________(adjective) to find in today's world.

48 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

There was something special about this __Fundie Maiden_(noun). I saw such sincerity in (her)  __Joy__ (feeling) for the __Servants Heart__(noun) and for ___Heathen Indigenous people___(plural noun). There were times when I would see __Less Godly__(adjective) __Women__(plural noun) who were actively __Purposing____(verb) in their ____Mission Trips____(plural place), but sometimes I would get the feeling it was out of a sense of duty or because of the ___Masses____(plural noun) of people around them. However I observed __Chasity-Grace___(name) day-in and day-out, and I could see that (her) reason for ___Sharing her Testimony ___(verb) and __Making Banana Bread__(verb) stemmed from (her) ___Prescious Heart___(body part). It was based in a deep-rooted ___Self Hatred___(emotion) for ____Her Sinful Ways_____(noun), and that's something that seems so ___Precious___(adjective) to find in today's world.

Thanks that was fun :)

Based on Lily and Ellie’s blog, TLC is gonna air a preview of Garrett’s birth July 6th. The description makes it seem like they went to the hospital right away which is what we figured. Good. I hope that inspires the rest of the Duggar clan to do the same. figured. It also says Garrett was born only a few hours later. 

Even though I’m glad things seem to have gone really well, I think this just means Kendra will have no problem popping out baby after baby. I definitely see them having really short gaps between kids. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

There was something special about this ________________(noun). I saw such sincerity in (his/her/their/it's)  _____________________ (feeling) for the ____________________(noun) and for ________________________(plural noun). There were times when I would see ___________________(adjective) _______________________(plural noun) who were actively _______________________(verb) in their ___________________________(plural place), but sometimes I would get the feeling it was out of a sense of duty or because of the _____________________(plural noun) of people around them. However I observed __________________(name) day-in and day-out, and I could see that (his/her/their/it's) reason for _____________________(verb) and ___________________(verb) stemmed from (his/her/their/it's) __________________(body part). It was based in a deep-rooted __________________(emotion) for ______________________(noun), and that's something that seems so _______________________(adjective) to find in today's world.

I want to play!!!!

There was something special about this babe (noun). I saw such sincerity in (his/her/their) rage (feeling) for the cat (noun) and for books (plural noun). There were times when I would see happy (adjective) snakes (plural noun) who were actively fucking (verb) in their gardens (plural place), but sometimes I would get the feeling it was out of a sense of duty or because of the maternity photos (plural noun) of people around them. However I observed OfJill (name) day-in and day-out, and I could see that (his/her/their/it's) reason for harassing (verb) and fellowshipping (verb) stemmed from (his/her/their/its) loins (body part). It was based in a deep-rooted sadness (emotion) for family (noun), and that's something that seems so giddy (adjective) to find in today's world.

(I tried not to read as I filled it in and I tried to use words I associate with the Duggars.)

On 6/26/2018 at 12:18 AM, luv2laugh said:

You know what? Some of us have those small almond shaped eyes (I do) and that's ok.

Me too, and yep, its OK.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived