IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't watched the videos yet but according to Pickles, they confirm that Kendra's mother is pregnant.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@justodd - Dayummmm. I thought my fan game was strong. lol

Heh, it’s since been swapped out for a black box fan that sits on top of an antique trunk. Seventh floor + eastern facing floor to ceiling window pretty much requires one, even with the AC.

41 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I haven't watched the videos yet but according to Pickles, they confirm that Kendra's mother is pregnant.

Yep, confirmed. 

I'm watching it right now and at 2:48 in a TH Kendra says "We found out my mom was expecting about a month ago. I think this has definitely been really interesting 'cause we've been able to share a lot of things that we didn't get to share before, so I feel like we've become even more like friends and, um, I think our relationship has just gone to a different level, I guess." 

That's an...interesting perspective. I'm not sure when the TH was filmed and Christina's not visibly pregnant so far, but clearly there's been overlap if they were talking about the sharing while Kendra was pregnant.

Note: The people at Kendra and Joe's were just Kendra, Joe, Christina, and Lauren (Kendra's sister), and Christina with serving as birth coach and everyone was concerned about Kendra passing out from failing to breathe due to a history of passing out from stopping breathing while in pain. They were definitely PLANNING to go to the hospital for this birth once they hit transition rather than trying for a homebirth.

3 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Yep, confirmed. 

I'm watching it right now and at 2:48 in a TH Kendra says "We found out my mom was expecting about a month ago. I think this has definitely been really interesting 'cause we've been able to share a lot of things that we didn't get to share before, so I feel like we've become even more like friends and, um, I think our relationship has just gone to a different level, I guess." 

That's an...interesting perspective. I'm not sure when the TH was filmed and Christina's not visibly pregnant so far, but clearly there's been overlap if they were talking about the sharing while Kendra was pregnant.

Christina is slightly visibly pregnant in this pic. We were wondering if she might be when the pic came out a few weeks ago and now it’s confirmed. I don’t know how far along she could be though. I’ve seen woman carry like that at 3 Months and at 5 Months si who knows

49324A68-B6F9-4B7E-A098-53C3F2D48E1E.jpeg

I can't imagine my mother having a kid AFTER I had one.

"Everyone, this is my son - he's 5 years old. And here he is holding my newborn sister!"

It's really not unheard of outside fundie circles either, and it used to be a lot more common. I've known a few (definitely not fundie) people who have nieces or nephews who are older than them (or uncles or aunts who are younger).

So she went to the hospital before her waters broke, her contractions slowed down from 2-3 minutes to 4 minutes while at the hospital and they had a doctor come break her water to speed up the process. This does appear to be professionally filmed rather than hand-cam filmed, but I could be wrong.

They're giving her oxygen and she's pushing on film, but at least it's ONLY showing her head. I think I'm hearing Michelle in the room now, but only Kendra and Christina are on the screen, while Christina is the one at her head and Joe is holding her other hand with his back to the camera. And then there's a very, very newborn baby on her chest and Kendra looking overwhelmed and happy.

I feel bad for her because they've got footage of her saying "I feel so bad" and looking miserable and in pain. I wouldn't want my birthing process to be filmed and broadcast and she's not on a Baby Story or the like. But at least so far she's been totally covered for the whole process.

Still, thankfully it looks like this was a SAFE process rather than all the most recent daughters' experiences.

And here they are are their way home from the hospital. It sounds like Michelle may be in the back seat next to the baby and filming them from the back. So she may have actually been the one filming all the footage they used from the hospital. Not sure though.

In case anyone is anyone is curious about how they film car footage, here's the setup in the front of the car with THREE go pros plus microphones. Is this legal?? I'd hate having my visibility blocked like this.

Spoiler

1205624049_CarCameras.thumb.PNG.1fec1cf77821cebf2e68b9eb3dff11a2.PNG591856935_CarCameras2.thumb.PNG.b1b8a2366cfdc88c46bda28f15d87fc6.PNG

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m glad thing went well. Did they say anything about her getting an epidural?

No, and she was clearly in pain. While she was evidently getting something through an IV in her arm and getting Oxygen while pushing, I didn't see anything going to her back.

Spoiler

Kendra Bed.PNGKendra IV.PNG1373122721_KendraOxygen.thumb.PNG.1cccb277be6de6bc2a48e3f200f176b9.PNG

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m glad thing went well. Did they say anything about her getting an epidural?

It wasn't mentioned but it doesn't look like she got one. She seemed to be in a lot of pain pretty much the whole time.

My daughter was born two days after baby Garrett, so seeing Kendra go through it all hit close to home! Joe was really supportive. He talked a lot (mainly reminding her to breathe and telling her she was doing great), when I was having contractions I just wanted my poor husband to sit down, shut up, and hold my hand so I could squeeze the crap out of it. :pb_lol: But as long as it was helpful to Kendra that's all that matters. Glad they had a safe, complication free delivery.

TLC also showed clips of Jessa at the TTH, she was in charge of the kids while they made banners and gift baskets for Joe and Kendra's house.

Michelle being in the birthing room would drive me insane with her baby voice (and you know, not being my actual mother) 

I still had a lot of pain even with an epidural because little quinn was hitting a nerve on the way out. It's too bad if she didn't get one though. Maybe she didn't want it, but if she has a history of passing out due to pain you'd think she'd want one. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Michelle being in the birthing room would drive me insane with her baby voice (and you know, not being my actual mother) 

I still had a lot of pain even with an epidural because little quinn was hitting a nerve on the way out. It's too bad if she didn't get one though. Maybe she didn't want it, but if she has a history of passing out due to pain you'd think she'd want one. 

It sounds like the labor was really fast, maybe they didn't have time?  Or maybe she didn't want one, I know many people who were so scared of the needle they would rather have the pain.

10 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

It sounds like the labor was really fast, maybe they didn't have time?  Or maybe she didn't want one, I know many people who were so scared of the needle they would rather have the pain.

I haven't watched yet. I was reading a reddit post on it that said she was in labor for 10 hours? 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I haven't watched yet. I was reading a reddit post on it that said she was in labor for 10 hours? 

Oh, I read they went to the hospital and came home a few hours later, which seemed a bit extreme!  Forget what I said then!

9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

How are you watching this? Is it online?

It's on the TLC website. If you're in the US, you should be able to follow watch it. It isn't requiring me to sign in via TLCGo, so should be accessible to US IP addresses without a cable subscription.

Here's the link to the first half, the second half should autoplay afterwards. https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/full-episodes/joe-kendras-first-baby-part-1 

They feature Kendra's sister quite heavily in these videos. Furthering my belief that she's on the road to Duggarville! She's actually a bit more comfortable (it seems) than Kendra in front of the camera. When they are leaving to take the baby home, Kendra's mom is really showing! I'm just happy they went to the hospital and her mom was supportive and making it all about Kendra. Also - the Doctor was male! 

Question for people who've given birth, do hospitals tend to require you to be wearing a hospital gown while laboring? From the pics Kendra's double layered hospital gowns for full coverage don't look that comfortable, I'd think if she had a choice she'd be wearing a comfy nightgown or something, but as someone who'd never had a kid I'm surprised she'd be required to be in a gown if she didn't even get an epidural. 

This might be a dumb question but they kept saying she holds her breath during pain, is that her way on dealing with it? 

28 minutes ago, pandora said:

Question for people who've given birth, do hospitals tend to require you to be wearing a hospital gown while laboring? From the pics Kendra's double layered hospital gowns for full coverage don't look that comfortable, I'd think if she had a choice she'd be wearing a comfy nightgown or something, but as someone who'd never had a kid I'm surprised she'd be required to be in a gown if she didn't even get an epidural. 

Its going to depend on the hospital, but most aren't going to make you.  On the other hand most will just automatically tell you to change, because thats just what they do.  She may not even have thought about it, I certainly didn't.  This also makes hospital laundry easier and they don't have to deal with anything on their own cloths when they get home.  

4 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

This might be a dumb question but they kept saying she holds her breath during pain, is that her way on dealing with it? 

Its really common for people to tense up and hold their breath during pain of any kind.  For many kinds of pain and certainly for contractions that actually makes it worse.  This is really common advice to both need and receive.

4 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Could be.

I do that, sometimes with pain but particularly with anxiety. I have to remind myself to breathe in those times. I think it's not an uncommon coping mechanism.

52 minutes ago, pandora said:

I had a hospital gown on for both births, it was comfortable.

It also fell off constantly and I was mostly naked during both labors. I really didn't care, I wasn't focused on what I was wearing. 

Actually, childbirth was the first time ever I could not give less of shit that strangers saw me naked. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived