IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

I hear you.  A fleet of student doctors approached to witness a forceps birth.  It ended in a ceasarean, but whatever, I got my son. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only just realize that these anti-gay pamphlets are from Kendra's dad's church. I'm sure it's been discussed on FJ before, and since I'm from Fayetteville I've seen those pamphlets mocked pretty extensively by my facebook friends, but I never made the connection to the Duggars before.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I only just realize that these anti-gay pamphlets are from Kendra's dad's church. I'm sure it's been discussed on FJ before, and since I'm from Fayetteville I've seen those pamphlets mocked pretty extensively by my facebook friends, but I never made the connection to the Duggars before.

Wow that's rather fucked up but could possibly answer some questions about older kid-dults in the community that don't seem to have interest in courting. They may believe their lack of attraction to the opposite sex means they have a higher calling. I've heard some religious people explain I fertility in a similar way. As in : " God made you infertile so that all the world could be your child." Meaning they have a higher calling to go into philanthropy and activist work. 

I do t really agree with it but it's an interesting connection they draw.

I think we dug up the pamphlet story back when Pastor Caldwell started showing up in episodes of Counting On. I know we always make fun of Sierra for seeming desperate to be on-camera, but Papa Caldwell was the absolute champion of insinuating himself into random storylines, like the one where he pretended to buy a used car from Jinger.

That was back when we were innocent and did not realize the maelstrom of giggling and misplaced FJ thirst that was awaiting us.

I was happy to see that it didn't APPEAR that any of the Duggar girls (or Moochelle) were involved with her labor or delivery. I know that it's possible that a few of them were there but I think they would have showed them. I know afterwards you could hear Moochelle's creepy voice (like nails on a chalkboard) but yeah, I loved the fact that her mom & sister were coaching her and not the Duggars. They seem to try to worm their way into everything whether they are wanted or not. Also, I know they are just kids themselves but I thought it was cute how Joe was helping Kendra count her breaths.....that seemed sweet. 

19 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I think we dug up the pamphlet story back when Pastor Caldwell started showing up in episodes of Counting On. I know we always make fun of Sierra for seeming desperate to be on-camera, but Papa Caldwell was the absolute champion of insinuating himself into random storylines, like the one where he pretended to buy a used car from Jinger.

That was back when we were innocent and did not realize the maelstrom of giggling and misplaced FJ thirst that was awaiting us.

Oh my gosh! Was it really Pastor Caldwell that pretended to buy the car? I remember it was a set up but I didn’t know it was him.

33 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Oh my gosh! Was it really Pastor Caldwell that pretended to buy the car? I remember it was a set up but I didn’t know it was him.

I don't think it was him. It was some other guy, though you're right about the set up. The good pastor did show up to work on some car that they bought at auction though.

12 hours ago, kiwi said:

I cheated, found an ip hider lol! 

From watching I would guess that the footage at the big house and putting the sign up at the house was staged footage and filmed well after - hence the “oh hes here” dull answers to Jessa’s text. Considering we know the wedding shower took place the same day... and the lack of signs, people, decorations and food at the house...?!? Just my non-fbi opinion lol! 

I do feel for her a lot of what was shown wasnt necessary.

Why not show...

a nursery tour?? 

the baby shower??

getting the house ready??

I feel the quickness to get the footage out there isn’t measuring up to the previous birth episodes. Izzy’s was what 2+ hours long? Spurgeon’s about half that, Giddeon’s was a tlc-go episode too from memory - which wasnt long at all. I guess the same can be said for the wedding episodes too. They do a quick edit and get the footage out FAST before interest fades. 

They've started putting up these quick episodes relatively soon after the birth and/or weddings, but then following them up with proper specials with more footage of various things later on. That's happened several times.

They first did it for Joe and Kendra's wedding I believe, since they put two short special episodes of 8 and 11 minutes online in September 2017 (so approx 20 minutes total), ended season 6 with a 1 hour (48 minute) J&K wedding episode in October following Joy and Austin's 2 hour (96 minute) special the prior week, jumped back to J&A's honeymoon and J&K's wedding prep at the start of the next season in February and had a final 2 hour (95 minute) wedding special in March of this year.

They most recently did it for Joy and Austin's baby, with the online specials going live on March 12, while they haven't gotten close to this point in the timeline of the show.

I think it's to try to get major events shown a little closer to the timeline of when stuff actually happens in reality without actually breaking the timeline of the show.

The episode that's going to air on Friday is only 32 minutes long, and the two clips together were a full 20 minutes, so there's not a lot of additional footage that's likely to show here. 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, justoneoftwo said:

It sounds like the labor was really fast, maybe they didn't have time?  Or maybe she didn't want one, I know many people who were so scared of the needle they would rather have the pain.

I’m not at all scared of needles but the epidural needle go in your back. I never saw it and it didn’t hurt at all. Not compared to all the other pain I was in.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:15 PM, Daisy0322 said:

my doctor kept trying to cover me up with blankets when I wasn't pushing (she was trying to be nice) but I was sweating and hotter than the devils balls and I told her if I could have less clothes on right now I would.... 

This was me. There were heaps of people in the room and one of the nurses kept trying to cover me up and I kept pulling it off. It was so hot and uncomfortable and I didn’t care at all that I was naked I just wanted the baby out.

There is no way me giving birth could have been shown on tv. 

On 6/29/2018 at 11:21 PM, melon said:

But I have I friend,and she insisted on female OB-Gyns..she said she didn't want different men seeing her equipment.Mr Melon scoffed at that one.

After all the examinations we did during IVF I have lost count on how many people have seen my down under. So many. I have never cared though. It’s their job and I am 100% sure it’s not exciting for them. 

34 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

After all the examinations we did during IVF I have lost count on how many people have seen my down under. So many. I have never cared though. It’s their job and I am 100% sure it’s not exciting for them. 

Not IVF but I had a high risk pregnancy and had to have my cervix checked about 2-3 times a week and I'm right there with you. I got really sore/ irritated though from all the checking so I use to make jokes about being gentle with me or buying me dinner first... most of them thought it was funny but some were annoyed

Even if you can't see the needles, though, you know they're there and can feel the initial pinch, can't you? I know my mom turned down pain meds because she gets the willies about needles, and I preferred not to partly because I got the willies about things involving needles and my spine.

Fun fact: When talking to other people about blood donation, my mom shuts down any argument about disliking needles with, "I was so afraid of needles I had three natural childbirths. I still donate blood." (Which reminds me, I need to sign up for a drive this week...)

As far as hospital gowns, I basically lived in them the entire time I was in the hospital with my son's birth. Theirs were darn comfy, and the shoulder snaps were great for him constantly nursing. Plus, not my laundry! :dance:

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I don't think it was him. It was some other guy, though you're right about the set up. The good pastor did show up to work on some car that they bought at auction though.

All I remember about that episode is Pastor Caldwell leaning over the open hood and giving Joseph a stern look when he asked him for permission to enter into a courtship with Kendra. That look stirred up some desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled, y'all :my_blush:

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Even if you can't see the needles, though, you know they're there and can feel the initial pinch, can't you? I know my mom turned down pain meds because she gets the willies about needles, and I preferred not to partly because I got the willies about things involving needles and my spine.

Fun fact: When talking to other people about blood donation, my mom shuts down any argument about disliking needles with, "I was so afraid of needles I had three natural childbirths. I still donate blood." (Which reminds me, I need to sign up for a drive this week...)

As far as hospital gowns, I basically lived in them the entire time I was in the hospital with my son's birth. Theirs were darn comfy, and the shoulder snaps were great for him constantly nursing. Plus, not my laundry! :dance:

I felt no pinch. But to be fair I had been in pain for almost 48 hours by then and did suggest we name the kid after the epidural guy. I loved him so much. 

17 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Childbirth is messy.  I’d rather have my all the messy stuff stain a hospital gown than something of my own that I paid for.  My sister in law bought these custom and expensive nightgowns to wear while in labor.  She did not appreciate me pointing out that she was probably going to ruin at least one of them.

ETA:  I did bring nightgowns and a robe to wear during my hospital stay post birth.  With my oldest, I had to wear a nightgown the whole time because I had some TMI issues that needed regular monitoring down there.  With my second, I was allowed to wear sweatpants for the bulk of my stay in the hospital once the doctor checked me and found no issues.

This is pretty much why if I have kids, it's going to be in a hospital, naked/in a hospital gown. Like hell I'm pooping, gushing, and bleeding on stuff I will have to launder. 

6 hours ago, DillyDally said:

All I remember about that episode is Pastor Caldwell leaning over the open hood and giving Joseph a stern look when he asked him for permission to enter into a courtship with Kendra. That look stirred up some desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled, y'all :my_blush:

That's not the first time we met Pastor Paul. We saw him before we were introduced to Kendra. I thought that maybe he was someone interested in Jana at the time, not someone close to 40, married, with 7 children.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

That's not the first time we met Pastor Paul. We saw him before we were introduced to Kendra. I thought that maybe he was someone interested in Jana at the time, not someone close to 40, married, with 7 children.

I think I saw that also and thought the same thing. 

I had baby #2 on June 1st and there was very little modesty involved for me either. I felt like my whole body had been inspected and viewed by all by the time I went home. EX: "Oh that's an interesting birth mark," a nurse said to me as passing commentary. Said birth mark is definitely concealed by underwear in all regular situations. 

I actually thought Kendra's double gown trick was clever and might try it myself next time. Modest or not, it doesn't feel the most secure to have your entire backside able to catch a breeze. I labored for hours before I ended up needing a c-section anyway, and those pain memories are fresh enough that I was rooting for her to get an epidural for relief. Truthfully though, I hope she had exactly what she wanted birth-wise, pain medication or no. I didn't see anything at all amiss with her experience and was glad to see her go straight to the hospital. I also liked seeing how supportive her mother and sister were along with how attentive Joe was too.

All in all, Kendra did a lot better with her natural birth than the woman across the hall from me did when I was in the hospital. She was doing a lot of high-pitched, horror movie screaming. Bless her heart, I'm not sure she was ultimately glad of her decision to be med-free. 

I wore a cotton t-shirt style nightie during my first two labours and a strappy version in the third because I was so hot. Here (N.Ireland) you bring and wear your own clothes for the duration of labour, delivery and hospital stay, whatever you're comfortable in. In my experience the hospital gown is only a factor just before you go to theatre for a C-section. 

I'm always really interested in the differences in labouring styles in different countries. From what I see in the media, which obviously isn't definitive, it's fairly common to labour on your back and in a bed in the US and a lot of pictures etc seem to show IVs as being fairly routine. In my experience of labours here and in England, it's much more common to be encouraged to stay mobile and upright during labour, IVs are usually only seen if the mother needs antibiotics etc

Just to be clear, I'm not judging anyones labour, I'm just really interested in the multitude of methods there are.

For anyone that’s interested and abroad, the birth video is up on Youtube by “more sense and sensibility” named Joe and Kendra Duggar birth special. I just watched it, that was fast!

4 hours ago, Ais said:

I'm always really interested in the differences in labouring styles in different countries. From what I see in the media, which obviously isn't definitive, it's fairly common to labour on your back and in a bed in the US and a lot of pictures etc seem to show IVs as being fairly routine. In my experience of labours here and in England, it's much more common to be encouraged to stay mobile and upright during labour, IVs are usually only seen if the mother needs antibiotics etc

Part of the thing with categorizing US birth experiences is that there's so much variation. In general, I think, most doctors and hospitals prefer their patients to have at least the needle for the IV in the vein in case something's needed quickly, even if it's not hooked to a drip bag. At a lot, unless you need to be monitored, you can usually move around and are encouraged to to help labor move faster, but I think there's still a tendency to have the woman lie down on her back for actual delivery. But then you add in old-fashioned or strict doctors and nurses who are the "lie on the bed and be constantly checked" type, midwifes and birth centers that don't bother unless they see something that makes them think there'll be a problem, people who are in hospitals that normally would but turn everything down... There are so many different areas, attitudes, training methods, and insurance protocols that there's almost anything BUT consistenty.

16 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

It’s probably different for everyone to be honest. I did notice the initial insertion and everything, but it wasn’t bad from what I remember. It was more of a mild discomfort than anything for me. Once it was taped down it didn’t bug me. I found the IVs more bothersome, but that’s because I wound up being stuck a bunch of times in different places for various reasons. The NICU actually ended up drawing blood from the top of my hand after a breast milk mixup and that bothered me more than any of the other stuff did. 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Iamtheway said:

Agreed. I went to one appointment once and they were saying "Okay - so we'll do an external ultrasound now - are you okay with that?" I said "Oh that's new - I've never had an EXTERNAL one!" Had a million and a half (rough estimate) internal ones though.
I have had so many people up in my business it's not a big deal anymore.

I had the luxury of being in an L&D unit as a high school student (with a special program) and no one ever cared about what was down there.  Shaved, not shaved, landscaped, etc - not one nurse would ever have mentioned it even to me as a student.  Medical professionals in that line see them all day.  I’ll say this definitely helped me when I had kids.  I was never bashful because I knew what to expect and no one would care.  And I’ve told all my friends (who have expressed concern) that almost everyone who has a vaginal birth has some poop come out.  No you can’t stop it, no one would ever mention it, it’s a normal part of delivery, and most people don’t even know bc the nurse (or whoever) wipes it away.  There are more things to worry about. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived