Jellybean

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. I meant the only one of marriageable age still single . I don’t know what the circumstances will be when 25yr old and not a working royal Lady Louise Windsor is ready to marry but certainly  that indulgent Granny won’t be around to make sure she has a wedding fit for a Royal like the rest have had and she has to deal with An Uncle King who has not ever close to her father and even less close to her. 

People/the Internet/Twitter have been making Snitch jokes about Sarah's hat. As in "when you got a wedding at 10am but gotta be caught by Harry Potter at 2pm" kind of thing. 

Apparently the sashes and cummerbunds matched the artwork on/in the order of service. 

Eugenie is very pretty. Nice tiara. 

At least Princess Anne looked to be wearing an actual dress this time and not a dressing gown :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Beatrice is the only adult grandchild not married, but not the only unmarried grandchild.

Isn't Beatrice only just 30?  She has time.   I think she had a very long-term relationship that broke up, and the stinker (can't remember the name) married someone else very soon afterwards.  

@PennySycamore, it apparently isn't a Monet inspired print but artwork by someone called Mark Bradford.  I still think it is pretty and a print is nice change.

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

At least Princess Anne looked to be wearing an actual dress this time and not a dressing gown :pb_lol:

Runs off to look for Sarah's Snitch hat and Anne's not-a-dressing-gown ...

I only saw one shot of Princess Anne, in a collective photo of all the Royals in church. She was next to Meghan.

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I only saw one shot of Princess Anne, in a collective photo of all the Royals in church. She was next to Meghan.

My goodness - and I haven't ever seen that dress before!  She looks nice in green.  Here is Anne in motion - it looks really windy. 

I can't get the image to post - here's the link.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/a23697705/princess-anne-dress-princess-eugenie-royal-wedding/

And Snitch hat is right for Fergie!

I loved Eugenie's dress and tiara. Absolutely gorgeous! If you are a Princess and that is your dream wedding, absolutely go for it. :) I'm glad that she chose to show her scar, I have a rather large shoulder scar that I am iffy about. It's hard to be comfortable when people stare and ask what happened. Good for her for having the guts! :)

Eugenie was an incredibly beautiful bride. That dress was perfect.

AFA the tiara, I thought it suited her. She's a big girl; she can carry off something not "lacy and delicate" and by big I mean she's woman shaped, tall and glamorous, nothing more.

I watched Sarah and Andrew's wedding. After the vows, just as with Diana and Charles, there was a moment when they adjourned to a side room to sign the wedding papers. I believe it was at that time that the flowers were removed from Sarah's headpiece and the York Tiara revealed.

I thought the designation "The Princess Royal" was not specific, but was awarded solely at the monarch's discretion. I'm pretty sure Princess Anne is the ONLY Princess Royal.

Totally forgot the wedding was today and went shopping instead of watching.

I'm quite close to Windsor and it was windy af today. But the rain held off almost all day, which was nigh on miraculous.

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I thought the designation "The Princess Royal" was not specific, but was awarded solely at the monarch's discretion. I'm pretty sure Princess Anne is the ONLY Princess Royal.

There have been seven Princesses Royal, all daughters of the reigning monarch of the time - but it is not always granted.  The title goes back to James I (IV of Scotland) and awarding it is at the discretion of the Monarch.  There also can't be more than one Princess Royal at a time so the incumbent has to die before the title is awarded again.  

The title of Prince(ess) of Wales is older, and also technically not automatic or hereditary for the heir apparent of the monarch.  However, it would be a terrible diss if it were not awarded to the eldest son of the monarch.  I don't think that the heir apparent has been skipped over for PoW for around 6 centuries.  

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Eugenie was an incredibly beautiful bride. That dress was perfect.

AFA the tiara, I thought it suited her. She's a big girl; she can carry off something not "lacy and delicate" and by big I mean she's woman shaped, tall and glamorous, nothing more.

I thought she looked lovely and that the dress was perfect for her very nice but not fashionable figure.  The fabric looks beautiful - and no lace!  (I'm so tired of lace.)

I'd like the tiara better if that central emerald were not quite so humongous.  It does not look good from the side - it reminds me of a green fried egg stuck on the front.

And so funny you went shopping. :)

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Isn't Beatrice only just 30?  She has time.   I think she had a very long-term relationship that broke up, and the stinker (can't remember the name) married someone else very soon afterwards.  

@PennySycamore, it apparently isn't a Monet inspired print but artwork by someone called Mark Bradford.  I still think it is pretty and a print is nice change.

Runs off to look for Sarah's Snitch hat and Anne's not-a-dressing-gown ...

Yes, she turned 30 this year. I only know that because I’m a few months older than her. I in no way meant to imply she should rush into marriage due to her age or anything. Being single is a far better and healthier option then ending up married to the wrong person and I hope Beatrice is happy and living her best life. 

And also yes to the former boyfriend. I think I read they were together for arounda decade prior to breaking up. I didn’t know he had married someone else already though. 

Eugenie looked so beautiful! I love her dress and the tiara. I love that she didn't want to hide her scar. That's so great. Beatrice and Fergie both looked great. So did Kate, Meghan and Anne. 

I love Eugenie's dress and especially the tiara. At first, I was surprised she didn't wear a veil, but I love that she didn't want to hide her scoliosis scar. This is the first royal wedding I didn't watch because this happened to be on a Friday and I still had to get up early to get to work as I had just returned from my vacation.

Well, I didn't wake up at 4 a.m. to watch this one, but I enjoyed seeing all the pictures after the fact! I thought Eugenie looked absolutely beautiful. My only criticism, which isn't even a criticism, really, is that the dress was maybe a little bit old for her? Same with Beatrice's dress. But it was all very traditional and Royal and that's not really my style (whereas I loved Meghan Markle's wedding gown). Seriously, though, it's the tiniest little thing that just comes down to personal taste. The dress was beautiful. She looked amazing. I loved the tiara. I loved that she wanted her scar on display. It was a gorgeous wedding and I hope they'll be very happy together!

I agree that Eugenie went very traditional for this one. Her gown is gorgeous, I love it and the embroidery, and I love the whole styling topped off with a kokoshnik style tiara with the big honking emeralds. There's a tiny hint of eighties/early nineties style, which is coming back in anyways so I would say it's actually pretty fashionable for now. The whole ensemble will also stand up in photographs over the long term: it won't look screamingly dated in forty years (like Diana's does now, as iconic as it is.)

I adored Megan's look too. I do prefer it to Eugenie's, but I think what a lot of the internet comparisons are missing is that the two women have very different figures and their personal style is also very different. Eugenie wore that makes her look simply amazing and flatters her body. Megan would look horrid in Eugenie's dress but looks stunning in the Givenchy style she chose, in a sleeker and more mod style.

I woke up super early Friday but it was to go to work, haha. Only just now caught up on all of the wedding hoopla this morning.

Honestly, first off, I thought everyone, meaning the whole family, looked great. Other guests looked good too. I personally liked all the green and blue and fall coloring, both in the clothes and in the decorations. Oh, also in the church. I actually liked Princess Beatrice's outfit very much. Seriously, everyone from the Queen to the Countess of Wessex to Fergie looked good. Or at least was wearing something interesting. 

I liked Princess Eugenie's dress. It was one of those things where Eugenie was the only person who could pull that dress off. Very royal wedding. I mean she is a princess after all. This was better then I expected. She looked beautiful. Loved the tiara/no veil. The whole ceremony in general seemed very traditional. 

Firstly, I would like to nominate "stunning" as the most overused word in the world of royal watching.  Just saying. Peruse the "royal web" and everything and everyone is described with that word. Especially Meghan. Even the most unflattering photos of her are deemed "stunning".

Eugenie was a beautiful bride. The dress and tiara suited her perfectly. The dress was traditional enough to be royal, had the embellishment of the gorgeous embroidery, and the tiara was fantastic on her-- a bold choice that worked. 

Honestly, she pulled it off better than Meghan or even Kate on their wedding days. Meghan's dress did not seem royal--nothing made it special--and the bad fit kept it from being chic or elegant as well. Minus the veil and she was your average upper middle class suburban bride.  Kate's was lovely, but the tiara would not have been my first choice and the deep V neckline needed something. Maybe an exquisite royal necklace there to fill that space. But, then, Kate doesn't seem to be one for statement jewelry that often. 

Meghan's dress wasn't my style at all. I thought it was overly plain and didn't fit that well. However, as always with weddings, as long as she was happy; it's not about my opinion!

Part of what I liked about Meghan's dress was that it looked vaguely Medieval to me. I thought that was cool. Maybe it was ill-fitting, I have no idea (I know absolutely nothing about clothing, tailoring, etc.) but I loved the way it fit. That said, it's not a dress I would ever wear myself. The cut of Kate's dress or Eugenie's dress is much more my style and more flattering on my body type. I would probably go for Eugenie's dress, just with a different collar/neckline (I'm not really a fan of that rolled over look). I don't care much for lace.

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Meghan's dress wasn't my style at all. I thought it was overly plain and didn't fit that well. However, as always with weddings, as long as she was happy; it's not about my opinion!

I just didn't get it. You're marrying a prince. You can be as lavish as you once and you pick that? 

The fit was inexcusable. Kate's designer got out the morning of the wedding because Sarah Burton was seen entering the hotel she was staying at. She was there for last minute alterations and even accompanied her to the Abbey to make sure everything was perfect. No reason that Meghan shouldn't have done the same. Even if she lost weight, she didn't lose it that morning. It could have been fixed. 

Kate's looked so good because there was a bum roll involved... her figure was enhanced by padding around the hips to give that hourglass look. Not saying Kate doesn't have a banging figure, but that wedding dress was enhanced with add on hips and I'm guessing there was a bit of that in Eugenie's as well.. she also wore a corset somewhere under that dress. 

I loved both their dresses. I thought Meghan's was very austere. Diana's I hated from the get go.

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Diana's I hated from the get go.

I could not stand Diana's dress!  I was married in January 1985, and even then all the dresses had those huge sleeves and details.  It was so hard to find one I liked, and even then the seamstress couldn't go as small on the sleeves as I wanted.  Her dress was hideous!

Kate's wedding gown was pretty but I heard somewhere that she had wanted strapless dress but it was not allowed for the church, hence the lace jacket effect.  But it wasn't as fancy as I expected it to be.  I was just glad it did not look like Diana's.  I thik Meghan's dress was very pretty and I loved the long veil.  But I really like Eugenie's dress.  It's classic and not overly done, just very pretty.  I was surprised that she didn't have a veil, but I think the tiara was a nice touch with the emeralds.  I also really appreciate the fact that she wanted her surgical scar visible and why.  My daughter has scoliosis but it was caught early and she was able to avoid surgery or  even wearing a brace because it was caught so early (she was about 4).  Among other things, she had a lot of exercises to build up her upper body strength and that really helped.  Unlike Mr. Briefly's sister's younger daughter, who also has scoliosis and had to wear the brace for several months.  I think it's a very nice touch that Eugenie's doctor was a special guest at the wedding.

Archived