IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

Oh, Derick. How do you define 'emergency c-section?' You see, I know this game. I, too, took basic logic as a freshmen in college.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=7906026

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

His arguments don’t even make sense. Like, what is he trying to say here? He’s contradicting himself

ED72F46D-A132-468D-82D5-892B8A60B9F1.jpeg

He makes sense, he's just letting us know now that Sam was an emergency C-section, but they were already at the hospital, as planned.  He's likely referring to emergency as crash c-section, vs just not progressing, not in a hurry (probably this way for Izzy)

There's a whole album by Deap Valley that fits just about perfect!

Baby i call hell

Bad for my body

Lies

(their current album is called Femejism...)

He's playing with terms and definitions. An unplanned c-section is not necessary an emergency c-section, which is the technicality he's using. Sometimes I think the best way to deal with people like Derick is to just not engage, frankly. I can't imagine what he does to Jill in a disagreement. :/

Feels like we only go backwards ("baby...") Tame Impala

Happy Idiot - TV on the Radio (well, I guess he's a frustrated one)

Nothing arrived - Villagers

Creep in a (Roe vs Wade)  T-shirt - Portugal. The Man

Road to ruin woman - Brett Detar

Uncomfortably numb - graveyard

Hotel California - Eagles (which is actually about a mental facility - "such a lovely place...")

38 minutes ago, Jellybean said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Two tweets under the spoiler that show people challenging Derick with examples, but there is no response to either of them yet. 

As a bonus, someone tweeted some playlist suggestions:

Let me add a couple more songs for Derick:

The Silhouettes- Get a Job

George Thorogood- Get a Haircut

(Lyrics under the spoiler)

Spoiler

I was a rebel from the day I left school
Grew my hair long and broke all the rules
I'd sit and listen to my records all day
With big ambitions of where I could play

My parents taught me what life was about
So I grew up the type they warned me about
They said my friends were just an unruly mob
And I should get a haircut and get a real job

Get a haircut and get a real job
Clean your act up and don't be a slob
Get it together like your big brother Bob
Why don't you get a haircut and get a real job

I even tried that nine to five scene
I told myself that it was all a bad dream
I found a band and some good songs to play
And now I party all night, I sleep all day

I met this chick she was my number one fan
She took me home to meet her mommy and dad
They took one look at me and said (oh my god)

Get a real job, why don't you get a real job

I hit the big time with my rock 'n' roll band
The future's brighter now than I'd ever planned
I'm ten times richer than my big brother Bob
But he, he's got a haircut he's got a real job

Songwriters: David John Avery / William Birch

Get a Haircut lyrics © Amcos (australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society)

Show less

PEOPLE ALSO SEARCH FOR

OfJill needs to pray for the gift of seeing himself as other people see him.

If he keeps this crap up he's not going to get hired by any halfway decent main stream church.  Maybe Bro. GHaw can help OfJill grift a tent.

My cousin’s son has taken to arguing in this pedantic, OfJill like way lately and thinks he’s very clever. He’s 5. 

I'm kinda relieved that they did go to hospital with Sam, if he is telling the truth. I can understand them wanting to try a vbac, my mother wanted one with my sister but she was to big for her to deliver. My sister was given the choice but decided against it, she didn't want to labour for hours only to have another c section. 

Derick is still wanting all attention on him.

40 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

His arguments don’t even make sense. Like, what is he trying to say here? 

ED72F46D-A132-468D-82D5-892B8A60B9F1.jpeg

Many people do this?   I'm very pro-homebirth, but homebirths are NOT recommended for first-time mothers.  That's like homebirth 101.  There are too many unknowns, too many potential complications, etc.   Having a midwife deliver at home is recommended for women who have already delivered vaginally once with no or limited complications and have no complications with the current pregnancy. 

Jill was NONE of those things.  

Funny, it flashes in big white letters on Izzy's birth special that Jill needed an "emergency c-section" and was reported in the huge People mag spread as such too. Nice try though. 

And no benefit of the doubt on Sam, I don't believe for a millisecond that they were at the hospital the whole 40 hours he said she labored. I think things went bad at home and the hospital probably saved them both.

Derick is 100 percent the type of person that when his kid asks if they can go to the bathroom says “I don’t know, can you?”

i know it. 

9 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Derick is 100 percent the type of person that when his kid asks if they can go to the bathroom says “I don’t know, can you?”

i know it. 

Bet he tries to pay people in "doll hairs" and "bucks" too.  

Tells that joke about 'no one who lives in xyz city is allowed to be buried in that cemetery....because why would they bury people  who are alive?!?!' huck huck huck.

Shut up, Derick. 

Sorry OfJill, I don't believe for one second you went to the hospital right away with Samuel. My reasoning? Well, the entire history of you.

Classic Dad jokes. All of them.

Why is the cemetery so popular? Because people are dying to get in there.

D’wreck is just a miserable d-bag. It’s so obvious how unhappy he is. I kind of feel sorry for Jill. But not really. It’s what she signed up for. 

Psycho Kller: David Byrne (Talking Heads)

Drunken Poet's Dream: Hayes Carl

All Men Are Liars: Nick Lowe

Crazy:  Patsy Cline

Its End Of The World As We Know It:  Michael Stipe (R.E.M)

Don't Stand So Close To Me: Gordon Sumpter (Sting)

ETA: How I could forget

Snake Farm: Ray Wylie Hubbard

50 Ways To Leave Your Lover: Paul Simon

Whenever I think about OfJill I hear carnival music in my head!

Bring in the clown, oh never mind, he's here!

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He's playing with terms and definitions. An unplanned c-section is not necessary an emergency c-section, which is the technicality he's using. Sometimes I think the best way to deal with people like Derick is to just not engage, frankly. I can't imagine what he does to Jill in a disagreement. :/

It wasnt an emergency because Jesus.  Silly internet thinking faith is more important than facts.

55 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Many people do this?   I'm very pro-homebirth, but homebirths are NOT recommended for first-time mothers.  That's like homebirth 101.  There are too many unknowns, too many potential complications, etc.   Having a midwife deliver at home is recommended for women who have already delivered vaginally once with no or limited complications and have no complications with the current pregnancy. 

Jill was NONE of those things.  

Other people dont have the right Jesus

Okay, I'm actually going to give Derick a pass on this one. I understand the context in which he's saying that Izzy's birth wasn't an 'emergency' C-section. He obviously means it wasn't a crash C-section, and I think his terminology is forgivable given that he's not a medical professional. All we know about Sam's birth is what they've told us, but I have no problem believing that they planned a hospital birth all along and that it turned into an emergency C-section. I also have no problem believing that Jill spent the early stages of labour at home, hoping that it would make a VBAC more likely once she did go to the hospital (thus the 40 hours of labour).

I think Derick was actually very clear and concise in that answer, and he'd do a lot better if he adopted this strategy going forward. Either ignore the questions, or answer them calmly, rationally, and honestly like this. Treating every single question like it's a grave insult to your honour is going to do nothing but alienate people and make you look like a complete dick.

Rufus bless, I saw this thread was hot, jumped in on the last page, and when I saw births being discussed I thought that slimeball impregnated Jill again. It’s early, but I need a drink. 

So Jill is listening to contemporary Christian music now?

I mean, it has a beat and a is played by a band, complete with a drum set! :wtsf:

That was definitely not allowed in the Duggar family when she was growing up.

26 minutes ago, Special friend said:

So Jill is listening to contemporary Christian music now?

I mean, it has a beat and a is played by a band, complete with a drum set! :wtsf:

That was definitely not allowed in the Duggar family when she was growing up.

I have been sitting here for several minutes, trying, and failing, to think of a Mr Jill Duggar-esque response to this. It needs to be condescending and preferably not-quite-true, but cloaked in vague language.

It’s harder than it looks, you guys. Derick must be really smart to be able to do this so often. 

This may have been posted before, but on the 14th of May, Mr. Jill Duggar tweeted, "Sounds like Matthew 24. The end is getting closer every day! Christians, we need to persevere in telling as many people as we can about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, with all gentleness, in truth and love!"

He sounds like he's truly believing that Christians will get raptured up pretty soon, or that the end of the world is nigh. I suspect he's retweeting the news about the Jerusalem embassy with the thought that soon enough, he'll become part of an elite heavenly squad while the sinners burn. People who think that the apocalypse will soon begin are rarely stable folks, and he just keeps demonstrating this again and again.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived