IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Well, at least they addressed it and in a straightforward way.

Seriously, that's all they need to do. I know Steve Maxwell catches flack for his curt responses to questions on his blog, but at least he's answering them straightforwardly. If you think someone's purposely trying to get under your skin or troll you, just ignore them. If you want to answer their question, just answer it plainly and honestly. You don't even have to be "nice". You don't have to say 'thanks so much for your concern', or apologize, or add smiley faces. Just answer.

"Did Jill have to have a hysterectomy?"

"No, she did not."

"Didn't you have a failed homebirth with Samuel??"

"No, it was a planned hospital birth."

"Why was Sam in the NICU?"

"We've decided not to share details, but he's doing great now."

"Is your wife even allowed to watch Star Wars?"

"Jill decides for herself what she prefers to watch or not watch."

"Did you get fired from TLC?"

"No, we decided to leave the show ourselves."

Notice how there's no butthurt comments like 'what kind of a question is that', or 'a lot of assumptions are being made here'. If you choose to have a public social media platform and you're promoting a very controversial agenda, you're going to have people coming out in droves to disagree with you, criticize you, attack you and troll you. When you engage with those people the way Mr. Jill does, you look childish and very much like a delicate snowflake (to use your own dumbass terminology). Mr. Jill's method reminds me of the arguments I'd get into with my dad when I was about 13.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Snapped this from The Ashley. 

Dear Mr Jill, please go sit in a bin. Sincerely, the world. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180522-072310_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4c9594e4375f149b42f3cf945b78d2b.jpg

Damn. I'm not even from the South and this tweet still makes me want to say, "Oh, honey, bless your heart." With all the full, dripping condescension that implies.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Now where is Cathy?!? She should have already visited at Derdick's twitter talking about assumptions.

w2iRH4E.png

Not wanting to defend OfJill (love the name!) in any way, but maybe they really did intend to go to the hospital for Izzy's birth and all that talk about having a home birth was just for the show (for which they volunteered...) - you know, getting more viewers because it seems such an extraordinary thing for many viewers. Derrick might have taken Jill aside and said "Ok, we can portray it that way but let's agree here and now that we WILL go to the hospital no matter what".

I don't know, it would still be a shitty thing, faking all that for a TV show when the most important thing should be making sure baby gets here safely.

In any case, the more Ofjill is ranting on Twitter, the sadder it gets.

I do hope Jill got a hysterectomy. They have two healthy and adorable kids they have to focus on. The world does not need more human beings born into this environment.

8 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

Not wanting to defend OfJill (love the name!) in any way, but maybe they really did intend to go to the hospital for Izzy's birth and all that talk about having a home birth was just for the show (for which they volunteered...) - you know, getting more viewers because it seems such an extraordinary thing for many viewers. Derrick might have taken Jill aside and said "Ok, we can portray it that way but let's agree here and now that we WILL go to the hospital no matter what".

Derick said that they attempted a homebirth with Izzy. I can't imagine them lying about it in the first place, and I especially can't imagine them continuing to lie about it now. He seems to realize that it doesn't look great for them at this point.

9 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

I do hope Jill got a hysterectomy. They have two healthy and adorable kids they have to focus on. The world does not need more human beings born into this environment.

She obviously did not have a hysterectomy, but what an awful thing to wish for. I'd wish for her to embrace the wonders of birth control, not to undergo the trauma of an unexpected major fertility-ending surgery that can lead to serious complications.

3 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

Jill just posted a quote from Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Silence in the face of evil is itself evil...) and linked to a blog post about voting (prob written by Derick). She referres to #Lifematters. Equating abortion to the holocaust, that’s such a classy move.

As a German I hate fundies for that. They vote for republicans who are working to take away the rights of minorities, but sure abortion is the thing that really matters, not the already living people who are being discriminated against. But then again, I’m not sure that some fundies even consider those people as lifes that needs to be protected. Rant over.

As a Jew who lost much of my extended family to Auswitz this shit infuriates me. Stand up to evil, huh Jill? You sure aren’t standing up against the persecution of people with other faiths or darker skin. Fuck You, Jill. Fuck. You.

You know, OfJill's tweets with his arrogance, gaslighting and self-proclaimed authority in an issue (because  Jesus) are ticking a memory in my head.

What was it? Oh yes. Tom Cruise, Scientology and psychiatry. YOU'RE GLIB, MATT!

2005 Tom Cruise was the comedic gift that kept on giving. From this shit to his couch jumping. #nostalgia 

You know when you see someone and you just KNOW what their personality is like? I present to you Ofjill, mega douche.

*Note: I am not saying I agree with judging based on appearances, in this case knowing what we do about him this image comes as no shock

What is in his ears?  Are those ear buds of some sort?

1) IDK how that clown Tom Cruise still has any sort of career.

2) OfJill is now rocking the Jim Bob hair style.

Yeeps.

34 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

You know when you see someone and you just KNOW what their personality is like? I present to you Ofjill, mega douche.

*Note: I am not saying I agree with judging based on appearances, in this case knowing what we do about him this image comes as no shock

I think this is an example of knowing stuff about how unpleasant Derick can be and viewing him through that lens. I know someone who looks a tiny bit like Derick - enough that if I squint hard at that picture, it could be someone about whom I care a great deal. In that case, I don’t see an aggressive, gaslighting, smug face - I would see someone who is selfless, generous, intelligent and funny.

I have a negative reaction to photos of Derick based on what I know of his personality. I don’t think it’s fair to say that his looks on their own actually say anything about anything. 

35 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

What is in his ears?  Are those ear buds of some sort?

They're those newish Apple wireless earbuds.  Around where I live, they sell knockoffs at the Chinese night markets because they're a status symbol... along with the requisite fake Louis Vuitton monogram tote.  

@Bethella @Dandruff I’m late to this, but they only ever stated he was due in early or mid July. Can’t remember which right now. Either way, his birthdate of July 9th fits.

7 hours ago, Frumper said:

For me I'm not so hung up on whether the c-section was an "emergency," since that could legitimately be people using terminology in different ways.  But he said going to the hospital "was the plan all along."  And in context he was talking about both births.  That is just not true when it comes to Izzy, unless the TV footage was fake and he and Jill lied in their interviews about it.  I just don't understand why he'd pick this stupid issue to lie about, other than the fact that he is basically just a troll who gets off on negative attention.

He’s playing fast and loose with facts. Yes, they planned a homebirth for Izzy. However, he’s technically not wrong about the hospital being part of the plan - it wasn’t their main plan, but it was likely part of the emergency backup plan for Izzy’s birth. 

As for Sam, we honestly can’t know. It’s possible he’s being entirely truthful there and they did intend on a hospital birth all along. 

13 hours ago, Jellybean said:

It’s possible that some or all of that time in the NICU was for reasons unrelated to the birth - he could have struggled to keep his oxygen levels up, or had an infection, for example. 

In the grand scheme of NICU stays, like for micro-preemies, two weeks isn’t very long, but for a baby born at full term (or near enough) it does sound like a long time. It must have been incredibly distressing, and I very much hope that there are no lasting issues for any of them.

You’re absolutely correct. There were full-term babies in our NICU when our daughter was there. They had no complications from their births, but they did have other issues that needed a bit of extra care. I think the full-termer next to my daughter for a day or two had an issue with glucose or something, but he was moved out to the regular Nursery pretty quickly. 

And yes. Two weeks would be nothing for parents of a micropreemie, but I can attest to how long even just a week was with a late-term preemie. Two weeks with a full-term infant? That had to be really rough. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

She obviously did not have a hysterectomy, but what an awful thing to wish for. I'd wish for her to embrace the wonders of birth control, not to undergo the trauma of an unexpected major fertility-ending surgery that can lead to serious complications.

She will not embrace birth control or common sense, for that matter. What if it is fertility ending, at this point? She has two kids already. The wellbeing of kids matter more than Jill wanting to outbreed heathens.

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

He’s playing fast and loose with facts. Yes, they planned a homebirth for Izzy. However, he’s technically not wrong about the hospital being part of the plan - it wasn’t their main plan, but it was likely part of the emergency backup plan for Izzy’s birth. 

You're right, but to me it doesn't matter.  Wether he's lying or just twisting words, he's intent is the same.  He knows what people mean. He's trying to make them believe something that isn't true.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, VBOY9977 said:

His arguments don’t even make sense. Like, what is he trying to say here? 

ED72F46D-A132-468D-82D5-892B8A60B9F1.jpeg

Unless I'm missing it, looks like Derick has now deleted this tweet, the only one that made any attempt at clarity...

27 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

She will not embrace birth control or common sense, for that matter. What if it is fertility ending, at this point? She has two kids already. The wellbeing of kids matter more than Jill wanting to outbreed heathens.

I guess I’m not cynical enough yet to believe that she will never embrace family planning. We don’t even know that she hasn’t already. There was a big gap between Izzy and Sam. She could have been using birth control or NFP to space them. We don’t know. 

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

I have a negative reaction to photos of Derick based on what I know of his personality. I don’t think it’s fair to say that his looks on their own actually say anything about anything.

Seeing as it's Derick though, I can think of a good place for him to stick that thumb.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So do you think he's still doling it to out the Family Dillard?

And if so, why?

four letters 

3 hours ago, Edhelfin said:

Nah, hysterectomies are pretty damn risky, and unless you've got some serious shit going on medically (you're going to bleed to death like right fucking now, you have severe intractable endometriosis, you have cancer) or you've really, really committed to it (i.e. transgender), it's not a surgery you necessarily want to have. It's removing an organ, after all, and if you didn't expect or want it to come out (or you want it out because it's the only way to stay alive or not be in constant pain), that really, really sucks. I wish Jill would send her kids to school/speech therapy, I hope she stops putting herself through obviously high-risk pregnancies, but I'd never wish sterilization on her unless it was what she truly wanted (and even then, I think most doctors would suggest an IUD or a tubal ligation before a full blown hysterectomy), which I doubt it would ever be. 

On 5/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, Georgiana said:

Pride goeth before a fall, and the Jill Duggar family was never smugger than during that pregnancy. Sucks to suck.  Maybe if you had been a bit more humble, receipt grabbing wouldn't be so easy, and us hatters wouldn't have time for it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think there's much (or any) sucking going on since their whole goal is pregnancy!

I'll be in the prayer closet if anyone needs me. 

On 5/21/2018 at 4:04 PM, ShesCrafty said:

My cousin’s son has taken to arguing in this pedantic, OfJill like way lately and thinks he’s very clever. He’s 5. 

And he's probably MUCH better at it than OfJill is!

15 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Snapped this from The Ashley. 

Dear Mr Jill, please go sit in a bin. Sincerely, the world. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180522-072310_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4c9594e4375f149b42f3cf945b78d2b.jpg

No surprise there then.:popcorn2:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived