IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

Thoughts on this? My catholic parents had a similar list on the fridge growing up and it was about serving the least among us and experiencing peace, notably missing the homophobic and no rebel children bits.

BEC, but I dislike when someone using contemporary language uses "man" like this writer did in 5. Like whelp, looks like that doesn't apply to me!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m not sure if he does anymore:

He may have just moved to another position within the Scouts, but he also may have left entirely. He hasn’t updated his LinkedIn yet, so I don’t know for sure.

An unrelated side note. That is a gorgeous picture. If I ever do make it to Arkansas, I hope to see sites like that. The Duggars not so much. 

And Derrick HAS commented on the BSA issue.  

And to illustrated what my twitter feed looks like at times this from Rachel Held Evans on the same subject.  Her Tweet was first.  

That Jill's prayer checklist ends with "DEAR JESUS PLEASE DON'T LET MY BABIES BE TRANS, AMEN" is pretty fucked up to say the least.

Yes, because absolutely NOTHING could be worse than our boys wanting to be girls and our girls wanting to be boys, right?? :roll:

And it goes beyond transphobia in my opinion. A girl wanting to climb trees and/or date girls isn’t going to be “glad to be a girl” in their eyes either.

and where is praying for their HEALTH on that list, jilly?

or their confidence, or friendships, or finding their passion, or...

I just quote replied to Derrick. My dad was an Eagle Scout. DD’s inability to see past his nose irritates me, but I try to lay low because I like looking at the tweets myself. That one I just couldn’t let go, but I wasn’t rude. Brownie points for me.

As for Jill’s transphobia, I truly hope she doesn’t have children who struggle with any LBGT+ feelings. I don’t believe she’s capable of loving her child for just being her child. Doesn’t seem very godly to me, but whatever.

Reading that prayer list... *vomit* Jill is as distgusting as Derick. The Dillards are awful. Full stop. 

That “prayer list” sounds familiar, especially the part about praying that boys will be boys and girls will be girls. I think JB and Michelle must have shared it some years back and Jill is just parroting it back. It also wouldn’t surprise me if the list is a sort of meme that travels around conservative Christian circles on a regular basis.

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

Wales!

Reminds me .... two ladies are sitting at the bar, and a guy walks up and says "where are you ladies from?"  and they say "Wales!" and he says, "ok, where are you whales from?"

.... that's when the trouble started....

I don't even want to know what that last one is supposed to mean

I hope Dan has some sort of job with HC benefits. Quitting a job when your wife is due to have a baby seems irresponsible.

Jill is as bad as her dbag husband.

People are going crazy in the comments and Jilly Muffin is replying. The petty side of me is enjoying this...

Anyone know anything about this #MOPS group that Jill got her homophobic bookmark from?

http://www.mops.org/

I see Dan Dillard hasn't updated his LinkedIn Profile yet to update his new job. Hope it doesn't involve grifting. Or Alert Academy.

I thought MOPS was just a group for Mothers of PreSchoolers. I imagined sancti-mommies but I doubt that vile prayer list is a common MOPS thing. They often meet at churches during the week (cheap space) so it’s probably more church related than MOPS related.

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

And it goes beyond transphobia in my opinion. A girl wanting to climb trees and/or date girls isn’t going to be “glad to be a girl” in their eyes either.

and where is praying for their HEALTH on that list, jilly?

or their confidence, or friendships, or finding their passion, or...

continuous learning, or doing unto others, or supporting themselves or...

3 hours ago, pandora said:

Thoughts on this? My catholic parents had a similar list on the fridge growing up and it was about serving the least among us and experiencing peace, notably missing the homophobic and no rebel children bits.

BEC, but I dislike when someone using contemporary language uses "man" like this writer did in 5. Like whelp, looks like that doesn't apply to me!

Number 8 is definitely one JimBob needs to be working on.

4-7, 9, 12 - Hope Jilly is aiming those at her oldest brother.

There are a lot on there that apply to D-Wreck, especially 6-8.

I find it interesting that while the Bible actually says "Love one another", this list just hopes your children will love each other. Not anyone else, especially not heathens and trans people and people who are gay. 

I wonder if this list started as 5 or 10 things that included more general stuff, and then slowly the more specific and bigoted things just slowly got added on. 16 is an unusual number for something like this.

I think it’s important to remember that she specifically said this was a list from an event her mother spoke at. Meaning, once again, we have an example of her parents endorsing Transphobia.

It’s also good to note that while Jill's siblings are relatively quiet about their beliefs it’s also very likely they all believe the same things that the Dills do. I’m almost glad the Dills are this vocal because it prevents us from forgetting how horrible this family actually is. 

her entire family seems to ignore number eight completely. 

2 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

her entire family seems to ignore number eight completely. 

Their hypocrisy in selling their family for fame and fortune in Hollywood while simulataneously condemning Hollywood burns me baaad!

On 5/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Flossie said:

My favorite kids cartoons that I'll still watch today even if I'm alone:

Arthur
Blues Clues
Cyberchase
Kim Possible
Maya & Miguel
Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Rugrats
Spongebob Squarepants
WordGirl

Loved Arthur and Maya and Miguel. Cyberchase made me twitchy. I did like Martha Speaks. Super Why sent me screaming out of the room.

The list Jill shared reminded me of another list she shared in Growing Up Duggar

From Jill's heart to our's I present:   The Unchangeables

God wants us to accept:

1. who our parents are

2.who our siblings are

3. the order of which we are born (oldest to youngest)

4. Our nationality

5. Whether we are a girl or a boy

6. our mental capacity

7. the time we were born in history

8. the natural aging process

9. the date we will die

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived