IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Anyone know anything about this #MOPS group that Jill got her homophobic bookmark from?

http://www.mops.org/

I see Dan Dillard hasn't updated his LinkedIn Profile yet to update his new job. Hope it doesn't involve grifting. Or Alert Academy.

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He’s been consistently employed since finishing college and we don’t know a whole lot about him because he keeps a lower profile. It’s possibme he’s just moving up to a higher position within the Scouts or he decided not to announce his newest employer yet for some reason. It’s not unheard of for people to bounce around between jobs and employers these days.

(He is a Dillard though, so I do get the reservations from you and others.)

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

The list Jill shared reminded me of another list she shared in Growing Up Duggar

From Jill's heart to our's I present:   The Unchangeables

God wants us to accept:

1. who our parents are

2.who our siblings are

3. the order of which we are born (oldest to youngest)

4. Our nationality

5. Whether we are a girl or a boy

6. our mental capacity

7. the time we were born in history

8. the natural aging process

9. the date we will die

I thought there were 10? Because those are Gothard's "Ten Unchangeables" in the intro to his Basic Seminar and something about the key to happiness or godly living or who-knows-what is that we are first content with those 10 things.

Does being content with the date of our death mean not having Caesarean sections (or other lifesaving medical procedures)? 

So umm...does anyone else think that Bro quit just before this was announced and it wasn't a coincidence?

Maybe he didn't quit but moved? Does he say if he has another ?

5 hours ago, pandora said:

So . . . I have to find a servant's heart and burn it in some sort of eternal flame?  #mixedupon10and11

41 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

God  Jim Bob wants us to accept:

1. who our parents are

2.who our siblings are

4. Our nationality

6. our mental capacity

9. the date we will die

10. our older brother is an abusive shit stain, and it was our fault.

Yeah, she’s getting shredded in the comments. 

BBA60B19-7242-4D7F-BB14-5C99CBB5A202.thumb.png.a5ae49852e51e6acf88b1fec1e1fcc49.png

Spoiler

4CDBDD04-5CBC-44F6-BA3D-96914A7FAC80.thumb.png.9610e653c12fe78f6d7d05f300d7ab18.png

Spoiler

F80058D7-9EDC-4A1C-8D39-463DE3304E19.thumb.png.7ee3e24f5e4992a75a1e926f62787faa.png

Spoiler

EFEFF08E-FB9A-4042-A0C5-0D9D52ED3A83.thumb.png.b5313034bafb7430e13b9048b27e45a2.png

Spoiler

8F28BBD1-2ACC-4ECD-A918-CE491F7DDCDF.thumb.png.d883b03bb521539b4ca81eeeedefaaab.png

Spoiler

1FD77D5B-6F13-4676-AD2B-EAF772E55045.thumb.png.1ae13b16de6abf55ccab48aea605fe16.png

Spoiler

F8C2069A-FC11-43C1-A947-7208CBB8736F.thumb.png.61b4d1ed5e9b2008e8b0d852cc683f42.png

Spoiler

1D712481-7337-4BD0-8942-D5959C917874.thumb.png.824162e7b24144476c539eb3cbec7068.png

Spoiler

66384026-50F0-4DB7-ADD1-E87F1DE06DE2.thumb.png.9c6f81225498dc94f90a87f9cc0be44b.png

Spoiler

2F8E031E-B980-4FF6-B308-BF91D4E89D11.thumb.png.6f30f3edde4a8896956b109ca6910c2d.png

Spoiler

308AB609-D787-4D5D-AF8E-50A806556948.thumb.png.778b21101821aac94f44cedee6a453f4.png

Lots of people are defending her, but it’s really good to see how many people are calling her out on this too. 

29 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

So umm...does anyone else think that Bro quit just before this was announced and it wasn't a coincidence?

Maybe he didn't quit but moved? Does he say if he has another ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he choose to leave over the news. If he did then at least he doesn’t appear to be burning any bridges by publicly blasting them. 

He hasn’t announced what employment he has lined up at this point.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hope Dan has some sort of job with HC benefits. Quitting a job when your wife is due to have a baby seems irresponsible.

Maybe his wife has a job with health insurance. Maybe he’s taking a job offer that he couldn’t pass up.

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

And it goes beyond transphobia in my opinion. A girl wanting to climb trees and/or date girls isn’t going to be “glad to be a girl” in their eyes either.

and where is praying for their HEALTH on that list, jilly?

or their confidence, or friendships, or finding their passion, or...

Agreed, I've seen that phrase, or something similar, before most people were aware of trans issues. I actually don't think it's primarily about trans people.

I caught a lot of flak as a kid for not being happy as a girl (more accurately, what fundies think a girl should be like) and it was awful. Those people can be so judgmental even of children.

I actually got asked once by a young Duggar boy if I was a girl or a boy. :pb_lol: I had no clue what that was about since, my issues with the female gender role notwithstanding, it's not like I didn't look like a girl. I did have very long hair and it's not like they weren't used to seeing girls in pants.

That list that says God wants us to accept who our siblings are. Shit. Josh's victims never had a chance at being heard, protected or valued beyond their ability to forgive is what this says to me. I've never been so sickened by these freaks. 

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

The list Jill shared reminded me of another list she shared in Growing Up Duggar

From Jill's heart to our's I present:   The Unchangeables

God wants us to accept:

1. who our parents are

2.who our siblings are

4. Our nationality

6. our mental capacity

9. the date we will die

#4 shows a lack of American history knowledge

Yes it is extremely transphobic but who else thinks it’s also misogynist. We know how these people view girls and women. Saying they want girls to be “glad they are girls” to me also indicates that they want girls to know their place and follow traditional gender roles. Just another dimension of awfulness. 

I think the guy who wrote the part of the Bible where it discourages cross-dressing once hit on a guy in a dress and got embarrassed. (maybe was in Deuteronomy?)

Why does anything Jill does never cease to amaze me? Someone please educate this woman stat! If only.

She won't be able to stand up in the comments. Human rights are something she can't argue against. 

2 hours ago, Marionette said:

I thought there were 10? Because those are Gothard's "Ten Unchangeables" in the intro to his Basic Seminar and something about the key to happiness or godly living or who-knows-what is that we are first content with those 10 things.

Yep, I missed one. woops! Good catch.

#8 is supposed to be "Our physical features".

She attributes the list to a bible teacher( who no doubt was a Gothardite. ) It's from the chapter Your Relationship with Yourself: getting to know and love the girl in the mirror. A lot of the chapter seems to be the same stuff you( @Marionette) described as being part of the journey to the heart. Do you like the girl  in the mirror?, learning to accept the things you can't change (like physical features) etc.. Anyway, it all seems very similar as that book is a rehashing of IBLP ideas from the Duggar girls perspective.

31 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Yes it is extremely transphobic but who else thinks it’s also misogynist. We know how these people view girls and women. Saying they want girls to be “glad they are girls” to me also indicates that they want girls to know their place and follow traditional gender roles. Just another dimension of awfulness. 

Definitely #6. I could see her parents telling her she just wasn't smart enough to be a nurse and after enough time she believed it.

52 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Not just that. How about boys being “glad they are boys?” Any boy born into that culture who doesn’t adhere to their gender norms is going to have just as tough a time as a girl who doesn’t adhere to gender norms. 

(That also plays into the misogyny you pointed out because it equates “girl” things with being lesser. I just wanted to point out that boys with non-traditional interests and likes will suffer too.)

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not just that. How about boys being “glad they are boys?” Any boy born into that culture who doesn’t adhere to their gender norms is going to have just as tough a time as a girl who doesn’t adhere to gender norms. 

(That also plays into the misogyny you pointed out because it equates “girl” things with being lesser. I just wanted to point out that boys with non-traditional interests and likes will suffer too.)

For sure, though I still think girls have it tougher. A boy will typically at least be better equipped to go do his own thing once he's an adult, for instance, while fundie girls have been groomed their whole lives to think they can't ever do things like have a career or live on their own. 

On 4/28/2018 at 3:50 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Is it bad I want dWRECK to go after someone from Drag Race because they would hilariously decimate him? Classy responses are the best but sometimes I just want someone to reply to him with "u mad bro?" :pb_lol:

Derick going after Jeffree Star would be interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. And the discussion of these lists made me think of Jerimiah Duggar for some reason. Well, just that he seemed to have a knack for creative floral arrangement when he was helping Miss Cindy out with JinJer's wedding. He seemed to enjoy it and really did have a natural touch.  I just wonder how seriously something (even small things) like that really gets encouraged overall. Like, it's nice that you had a servant's heart and helped out, and Miss Cindy said you had a talent so that's nice too, but flowers are really a girls thing...

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Definitely #6. I could see her parents telling her she just wasn't smart enough to be a nurse and after enough time she believed it.

So, accepting your mental capacity as unchangeable. Well, sure, I mean I don't have the mental capacity to be a theoretical physicist and it's true enough that you get the brain you get....sure. But in a fundamentalist context I wonder what sort of ways this can be twisted. How influenced is the idea of an individuals mental capacity by the notions of hard core gender roles? Does the idea that girls are supposed to naturally be into certain things give way to the idea that girls have a greater mental capacity for just those things and the boys actually have the mental capacity for "boy" things. And you can't change your mental capacity soo...boy things for boys and girl things for girls.  

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Maybe his wife has a job with health insurance. Maybe he’s taking a job offer that he couldn’t pass up.

Is his PG wife working while he might not, be acceptable in their culture?

I wonder if his wife working PP while he stayed home be acceptable in their culture?

FWIW, I have no problem with women working and men staying home at all, but with their strict gender roles, I wouldn't  think the same would be true for them.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:
6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Agreed, I've seen that phrase, or something similar, before most people were aware of trans issues. I actually don't think it's primarily about trans people.

I caught a lot of flak as a kid for not being happy as a girl (more accurately, what fundies think a girl should be like) and it was awful. Those people can be so judgmental even of children.

Seeing #16 makes me wonder what the hell they did to poor Joy...

39 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is his PG wife working while he might not, be acceptable in their culture?

I wonder if his wife working PP while he stayed home be acceptable in their culture?

FWIW, I have no problem with women working and men staying home at all, but with their strict gender roles, I wouldn't  think the same would be true for them.

Dan and Deena don’t appear to be involved with IBLP. They’re likely very conservative Christians with fundamentalist beliefs in certain areas, but Deena has held a job both before and throughout their relationship. She actually just posted about a trip she took to Orlando for training with coworkers. 

I get the feeling that Dan only left his job once he had another position. I know people are taking a skeptical approach because he’s Derick’s brother, but he’s been working regularly since he finished school in 2013 and I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s a grifter like his brother.

I can't and I won't blame the people who are calling Jill out. Good for them.

Hasn't Jill learned a damn thing after her husband's onlne debacles? Of course not.

No shame for these two.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived