IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I took it and got 91.67%. :D  To my complete surprise because I haven't lived there for 39 years. I did have a few lucky guesses, but the 2 I got wrong means that I haven't been paying enough attention to the Olympics and the Oscars.

The US Civics test is much harder because it isn't multiple choice.  I just barely squeaked through on this one: https://civicsquestions.com/

I didn’t have much time, so I did the practice test for US citizenship - got a 90%. As for the UK citizenship test, I have never visited any part of the UK and I still got an 87.5%. Do you know how accurate the formats for these practice tests are? Does the actual UK test use multiple choice? Because having multiple choice for the UK test made it ridiculously easy. 

11 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I got 75% and I don't even know how. Btw why is St. David's Day important?

He’s the Patron Saint of Scotland (I believe.)

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I didn’t have much time, so I did the practice test for US citizenship - got a 90%. As for the UK citizenship test, I have never visited any part of the UK and I still got an 87.5%. Do you know how accurate the formats for these practice tests are? Does the actual UK test use multiple choice? Because having multiple choice for the UK test made it ridiculously easy. 

Wales. Our Saint is Andrew. I think!!

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The sad part is that I actually got that question right on the test, yet somehow forgot the right answer in the two minutes it took to write my response to @laPapessaGiovanna:pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Do you know how accurate the formats for these practice tests are? Does the actual UK test use multiple choice?

I think it might be multiple choice but am not sure (someone was taking it next to me when I took my teaching tests and it looked multiple choice - she stormed out after fifteen minutes if that’s an idea of the difficulty? :my_cry:)

My friend is preparing for it right now. Says the official products are quite a lot harder than the online ‘tests’ are but hasn’t taken it yet so I can’t say for certain what it’s like. 

Just now, VelociRapture said:

The sad part is that I actually got that question right on the test, yet somehow forgot the right answer in the two minutes it took to write my response to @laPapessaGiovanna:pb_lol:

You have a toddler to run after its understandable!!!

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Wales, you infidel!  Everybody forgets about the poor Welsh.  The Welsh flag is blue with a white cross.  I believe the Welsh national vegetable is a leek and the national flower is a daffodil.  :laughing-rollingred:

Afaik there's no civics test to become an Italian citizen, but they may ask a couple of verbal questions to make sure the candidate understands and speaks Italian and knows basic things. You can find sample questions here (it's a site for people wishing to learn Italian).

28 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I didn’t have much time, so I did the practice test for US citizenship - got a 90%.

The US practice tests on the site I linked above vary the questions and some are a lot easier than others.  I think it is quite a challenging test.  Also, from people I know who have taken the civics test IRL, a lot depends on the individual examiner.  Some accept ball park answers, are patient when people hesitate, and *may* have been known to hint, but some are complete arseholes.  Question: "Who did the US fight in WWII?"  Answer: "The Axis Powers."  Examiner: "Wrong!  Germany, Japan and Italy." :(

During the various Tudor thread drifts, I've been attentive to all the names/numbers/wives/etc., because all the practice tests are BIG on those. I'm a member of an expat forum where they talk about these tests (and most of them pass easily on the first try). 

@SapphireSlytherin sounds like you’ve got a good excuse to watch Horrible Histories to me. william william henry stephen henry richard john henry edededrichtwo thenthreemorehenrysjoinoursong

BA Literature and History here everyone :pb_rollseyes:

40 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

@SapphireSlytherin sounds like you’ve got a good excuse to watch Horrible Histories to me. william william henry stephen henry richard john henry edededrichtwo thenthreemorehenrysjoinoursong

BA Literature and History here everyone :pb_rollseyes:

I learned this song while watching King Ralph. I can honestly say yes I have used it at times to remember a king or where he was in the order. 

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Willie Robertson, bless his heart, is a big Trump supporter. Phil Robertson (who really does give me the chills) was reported to have severely beaten a bar owner and his wife many, many years ago. Phil's wife was alleged to have handed over their life savings to the bar owner to persuade him against pressing charges. I don't like any of those duck pluckers one bit. 

When Duck Dynasty was in its first season or two, I used to watch if I came across while channel surfing.  More along the lines of "what kind of weirdos are these guys?" way, not "oh, these people are really cool!"  But my son, then in middle school, strongly disapproved.  He'd always ask, "why are you watching that crap?"  He was wiser than me, and I did stop watching shortly after that.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

When Duck Dynasty was in its first season or two, I used to watch if I came across while channel surfing.  More along the lines of "what kind of weirdos are these guys?" way, not "oh, these people are really cool!"  But my son, then in middle school, strongly disapproved.  He'd always ask, "why are you watching that crap?"  He was wiser than me, and I did stop watching shortly after that.

We watched because it was so ridiculous that we didn't believe it was real.

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Och aye [see how I've totally mastered the native tongue], can confirm:

its-st-andrews-day-but-there-ne-need-tee-mental-7851326.png

Might Derick be pining for the missionary life again and want Cross Church to sponsor him?  Perhaps to someplace where the shower curtain rods are less scary?

I think it is more likely that he dreams of a paid campus ministry position--at a Baptist Student Union or whatever they are called these days.

For our International Fjers, I want to point out again that Cross Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)-- and SBC is the biggest Protestant denomination in the United States. Cross Church's Pastor, Ronnie Floyd, was President of the SBC  a few years ago.

Ronnie Floyd is extremely influentual in conservative religious & political circles in the US; he could open a lot of doors for Derick if he wished to.

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Might Derick be pining for the missionary life again and want Cross Church to sponsor him?  Perhaps to someplace where the shower curtain rods are less scary?

I think it is more likely that he dreams of a paid campus ministry position--at a Baptist Student Union or whatever they are called these days.

For our International Fjers, I want to point out again that Cross Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)-- and SBC is the biggest Protestant denomination in the United States. Cross Church's Pastor, Ronnie Floyd, was President of the SBC  a few years ago.

Ronnie Floyd is extremely influentual in conservative religious & political circles in the US; he could open a lot of doors for Derick if he wished to.

So DD has been trying to get some experience in the religious world? That could make sense, and I could see how that plan could dovetail with separating from TLC, but the tweeting negates it all. As much as I hate DDs views, beliefs, methods, I would applaud him formulating a solid plan for working and supporting his growing family.

Nate Berkus responded: 

My hope with having a show like #NandJByDesign on @TLC, where we go into people’s homes and welcome viewers into ours, is that we can start to break down barriers & normalize the way our family looks & the way our family loves.

http://www.celebitchy.com/575525/nate_berkus_on_his_family_being_attacked_my_hope_is_we_can_start_to_break_down_barriers/

54 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Anyone else see the post where Derick threatened to sue TLC? 

Over what now? Derick is like a toddler, I wander over to this thread and wonder "What has he done now?" 

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Anyone else see the post where Derick threatened to sue TLC? 

I think he wanted to sue People for "libel" ? Is it the post you're talking about ? Because he tweeted that a few days ago but I can't see it anymore ..

Derick Dillard suffers from terrible delusions of grandeur and intelligence.  I would like him to attempt to sue TLC and its subsidiaries.  His time surrounded by the Duggars and their ilk seem to have convinced him that he is much smarter than he actually is.  He could use a good test of wits to put him in his place. 

He's a decidedly average man who just hangs out with decidedly below-average educated people.  It's like hanging out with toddlers all the time and becoming convinced you're a giant.   

borders don't matter when they're made on stolen land and built on slavery and genocide :)

Maybe Derick should talk to Jon Gosselin about his experience in the courtroom facing TLC lawyers.

Doesn’t it cost money to sue? Where would DWreck get that money as he is not substantially employer. I feel like he is coming a bit unglued. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived