IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

I highly doubt Derick would get a lawyer to take his case on contingency. I cannot imagine the amount of money it would take to go after TLC, especially if you don’t have a rock solid case that forces them to settle. TLC would likely bankrupt any of the “talent” comes at them because you don’t want to open the doors to other lawsuits. Plus, I doubt Derick has any valid cause of action to even file a lawsuit. Having hurt feelings or being angry does not mean you have a valid claim. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Doesn’t it cost money to sue? Where would DWreck get that money as he is not substantially employer. I feel like he is coming a bit unglued. 

I'm sure he'd start another highly successful go-fund-me campaign to cover the costs :kitty-wink:

Let's get real, he's not suing, for a million reasons.

Not the least of which is that defamation actions are incredibly difficult to bring forward successfully.

Have we discussed that Derick said on Twitter that they ended their participation in the show on May 31 of last year? What was going on at that point?

39 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Let's get real, he's not suing, for a million reasons.

Not the least of which is that defamation actions are incredibly difficult to bring forward successfully.

Indeed, most people who bluster about suing for defamation/libel never do. Derick is arguably a public figure, so he'd have to prove actual malice to successfully sue someone for libel. It would be amusing, however, to read what he thinks his damages are....

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Have we discussed that Derick said on Twitter that they ended their participation in the show on May 31 of last year? What was going on at that point?

Did he? That would have been Joy's wedding and Joe and Kendra's engagement (not the exact day, but close to it). I can't remember when Jill and Derick came back to the States, but it wasn't long before that. 

55 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

I'm sure he'd start another highly successful go-fund-me campaign to cover the costs :kitty-wink:

No doubt mommy will be the first to donate.

Derrick is suffering from white straight male privilege syndrome.  Gay people, trans people, evil Catholics, and defrauding women (oxymoron, all women are inherent defrauders, from birth) should certainly not get a reality tv show ahead of Derick.  Clearly, he is more worthy.  /sarcasm

Jill’s latest Instagram:

From anyone else this would be boring as fuck. But this is actually pretty good considering it’s Jill and she normally sucks so badly at social media. Any bets on how long it takes for her to post something problematic again? 

Her hashtag game is still weak AF.

If I were TLC I'd have someone leaking a bunch of dirt on dWRECK right now for being such a pest.

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Jill’s latest Instagram:

From anyone else this would be boring as fuck. But this is actually pretty good considering it’s Jill and she normally sucks so badly at social media. Any bets on how long it takes for her to post something problematic again? 

Her kids watching Peppa Pig is shockingly mainstream. 

Peppa Pig and a PBS show called Peep and the Big Wide World still get watched by our family and the kids are 15 and 11!  They are funny and cute. Totally holds up :D

Interesting that the Duggar kids and a Bates let their kids watch regular kid progams.  

@Beermeet,  I have been known to watch episodes of Peppa Pig and Thomas the Tank Engine with no kids around.  I learned to love them from my grandkids.

@IntrinsicallyDisordered  Just wanted to thank you for posting that piece about "home".  I've read it a few times.

The thing is, and I truly feel this way, (you all may not,  but I think we can all relate in some way or put yourself in a dark place as to relate)   humans have lost their way.  We are controlled and we hate it.  Its killing us inside.  When people say " Why don't you just get rid of Trump?" I think, same reason you can't get rid of your *Heads of Country*.  Meaning, I see the humans just like me but born in a different area of the Earth we share.  We are no longer free.  Some more than others.  Go try and stake some land here in the US, you can't,  it's not yours.  Even when you buy a house, it's barely yours.  Build on it, you need permits and $$$ given to the town to do so.  If you don't,  the towns actually have inspectors to try and catch you.  Often, they do.  My husband is in construction,  it happens!  The property you *own* is taxed to shit and you can't build on it legally without money to pay off the real thugs.  Got off track there.  I'm pissed off at like, 100 different injustices right now, often actually.  

We humans are not free to move about, find our own happiness with the love and support of family and community surrounding us.  This sort of thing is happening to all of us in some way here on Earth.  Those in power making the rules and those who are not.  How do we even go back, globally?  And, how can I fault those looking to do what I would do if I had to?

9 hours ago, Fruit_Salad said:

Did anyone see this?

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/amp20104539/jill-duggar-youtube-stroller-hack/

Wouldn’t it be both safer and easier to stick the baby directly in the stroller?

Yes, but Jill seems obsessed with keeping Samuel as restrained as possible so unsafe contraption it is. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yes, but Jill seems obsessed with keeping Samuel as restrained as possible so unsafe contraption it is. 

I’ve seen people say that baby-wearing would be a better space-saving solution than the frankenstein stroller. Have there been any pictures of her baby-wearing since those ones when Israel was an infant? I wonder if she tried it, got (rightfully) roasted for doing it wrong, and then decided to go back to the ways of her own mother because they’re “safer?” Or is Sam just too big to wear?

2 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I’ve seen people say that baby-wearing would be a better space-saving solution than the frankenstein stroller. Have there been any pictures of her baby-wearing since those ones when Israel was an infant? I wonder if she tried it, got (rightfully) roasted for doing it wrong, and then decided to go back to the ways of her own mother because they’re “safer?” Or is Sam just too big to wear?

I think she was wearing him early on? Wasn't he in a wrap in that tortilla photo? I hope she got flack for wearing Israel like a purse, she deserved it.

@HarleyQuinn She definitely did. This is the first of many articles I found on the subject with a quick google search:

https://www.parenting.com/news-break/jill-duggars-babywearing-method-concerns-parents-experts

But I also found a photo of her wearing Sam correctly, so my theory is out.

My new question is: If church is so hard to maneuver with a stroller, what do all the other parents do? 

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think she was wearing him early on? Wasn't he in a wrap in that tortilla photo? I hope she got flack for wearing Israel like a purse, she deserved it.

She definitely did deserve to be called out and corrected. I think she may have learned from that (thankfully!) because she has worn Sam in a carrier and appears to have done so correctly. 

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

It would depend on the carrier, the baby, and the person carrying them. My daughter’s carrier can handle up to about 35 pounds (I think.) She weighed in at just over 26 pounds at her 15 month appointment and I’ve found it’s way too uncomfortable for me to use with her now as the straps kill my back and shoulders. So I basically just use the stroller, carry her in my arms, use a shopping cart, or hold her hand as she walks with me. 

She is going for convenience with that car seat “trick”. Yes baby wearing is safer, and so is taking the child out of the car seat and putting him in the stroller but both those take some time and effort. 

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Beermeet,  I have been known to watch episodes of Peppa Pig and Thomas the Tank Engine with no kids around.  I learned to love them from my grandkids.

Raises hand...guilty regarding Thomas the Tank Engine.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I’ve been known to finish watching Daniel Tiger episodes when my daughter decides she’s bored of it. My favorite part (and husband agrees) is when he plays pretend and it looks like he’s high as fuck. :pb_lol:

I'm glad I had my kids when the car seat remained in the car and I carried  or placed            my child in the stroller to continue the journey. Of course, all of my kids (the youngest is 21) would probably STILL love to be pushed in a stroller... just saying..

27 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I watch Little Bear whenever it comes on. It reminds me of when my girls were young. :my_heart: And I read the Little Bear books when I was a kid. 

20 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I'm glad I had my kids when the car seat remained in the car and I carried  or placed            my child in the stroller to continue the journey. Of course, all of my kids (the youngest is 21) would probably STILL love to be pushed in a stroller... just saying..

There are some parents who prefer to leave the car seat in the car. I think it’s more of a personal preference. Where I live we have very harsh winters and in my opinion it is better to carry them in their car seat under blankets than expose their skin to the harsh cold. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived