IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Im just going to add that although I won’t say which member, I feel some of these questions are veering dangerously close to concern trolling, but I’m a big girl :)

So are we, you can name us. :my_smile:

Did they care that they were driving off a church member by supporting a open racist? What was the response when you told them you didn't feel comfortable in their church because they supported a racists? Did they say they valued conservative politics more than you? 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm a peach inside a coconut.

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So are we, you can name us. :my_smile:

Did they care that they were driving off a church member by supporting a open racist? What was the response when you told them you didn't feel comfortable in their church because they supported a racists? Did they say they valued conservative politics more than you? 

If I honestly felt that this endless stream of questions was genuine and would at some point end, I promise you I would answer :)

11 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

I think I'm a peach inside a coconut.

I was just coming here to say that I think I'm a coconut inside a peach! :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

If I honestly felt that this endless stream of questions was genuine and would at some point end, I promise you I would answer

It actually is. I find the idea that an atheist attends and works with a Trump loving church interesting and have so many questions about it. This is not something you see every day. I think this might be a first for FJ. 

I always wished I were a peach but I’m definitely a coconut. With a scary looking but harmless spider sitting on top of it :my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yikes.  Trying to be kind here. 

That, in and of itself, would make me look for another church to help with anxiety, social interaction, and volunteer opportunities.  There are also secular opportunities for the latter two.  If you find religious rituals calming you could probably hang out in the rear of a progressive or liberal Catholic or Anglican church service with comparative impunity.

By continuing to attend a blindly pro-Trump church you are giving tacit approval to the rhetoric and actions.  I would not be comfortable with that myself (and I am not a POC) but it is on your conscience.  I suppose the fashionable way to say this is, "you do you," but don't expect me to pat you on the head.

You sound like a real Samantha Bee special. 

I wonder if I can find a picture of a spider on a coconut?

*googles*

*regrets*

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

It actually is. I find the idea that an atheist attends and works with a Trump loving church interesting and have so many questions about it. This is not something you see every day. I think this might be a first for FJ. 

I often find with quite a few old guard FJers that if someone does in fact answer their question, but it is with an answer they don’t like, the discussion tends to descend into a place I’m not comfortable going.

As for you never meeting an Atheist attending a Christian Church (common sense would tell you most Christians would support the Republican candidate) I have some advice for you: get out more.

I’ll assume then that you’ve also never met the many gay people who attend church?

Now, I’m a dynamite wrapped in a peach. So enjoy your evening and goodnight (or midday or whatever time it is where you are).

@palimpsest if you’re truly “trying to be kind” I think you should try harder.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:04 PM, Odd1Out said:

I can’t get rid of this box, but I’m a peach/coconut mix. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

This sounds like the opposite of the Minnesotan Long Goodby

Every time I see this I lose it. It’s too damn accurate it hurts!! :my_biggrin:

So many hours spent in the foyer while parents said goodbye for 3.5 hours.

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

Lovely first post. :my_confused:

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

I think everyone is so distracted by the Trump/atheist talk that they're missing that you might be the most intriguing part of this thread. You have only one post (the one above, essentially calling someone else the c-bomb) and joined six months ago with no activity before suddenly letting loose a bunch of downvotes, bless your hearts, and fuck yous on this particular thread.

I'm an agnostic who attends an Episcopal church, so I can't really get on @gameofunbeknowns for much. So...what's your deal? I'm fascinated. 

Here’s a thought. 

And, so sorry @gameofunbeknowns if I am mistaken, but you just edited your last post to deliberately provoke @Palimpsest so I am feeling slightly cynical.

Is @Margarita a sock?

8 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Is @Margarita a sock?

She is something; sock is the kindest version.

Yeesh. So much I’d like to say but cannot articulate just yet. 

I will say I used to manage a church nursery when I was a non believer myself. I became friends with the wife of one of my husband’s coworkers, (they attended the church) and thought it would be a good opportunity to socialize for my only child. Only a few people there knew I wasn’t christian. They were all very nice people. I quit after a year or so because I didn’t want to expose my daughter to their teachings. No one ever asked me what my beliefs were. If they had I would have been completely honest. For me it was a chance to interact with other moms, and for my child to play with other children. I took care of the youngest kids while their parents attended church.  I personally would not attend a church as a member if I did not share the majority of their beliefs. 

I absolutely cannot imagine willingly being a part of any group of Trump supporters. For any reason. Even family. 

Also: there are many ways to volunteer your help by yourself. You (general you) don’t need a church for that.

14 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Here are the last posts concerning dear old Uriah:

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/13/almost-wichita-bound/

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/16/please-pray-for-john/

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/11/17/thank-you-for-praying-7/

Sounds like they sold it to someone in Arizona. Let's hope Uriah started a whole new life as an ungodly hippie bus frequenting Burning Man :character-beavisbutthead:

Which reminds me!!!!  Helpmeets et.al., can we please change the heading info on Maxhell to read that Uriah was their bus? If it hadn’t already been done. Thank you. 

@gameofunbeknowns— I’ve had IRL busy-ness and haven’t kept up well with this topic. MAy I humbly ask you to repeat - or point me to where you wrote it - *how* you see these folks’ trajectory paralleling Ugly Dougly’s?

I’m not about offering my opinion — I’m just quite curious as to what you have in mind. Thank you so much!!!

I will relate my own personal semi-Chelsi-like experience, though: some time ago, I got the courage up to ask a nice Jewish friend how her worldview worked without much - if any - thought to an afterlife. We talked briefly and now I’m studying Judaism seriously. Ooooo Stevie-baby, your DIL asked an atheist a question and listened to the answer! Quake in your pricey trainers, bucko!!! 

@Curious can you please confirm that I have zero “socks?”

I edited the last post to include the truth. @Palimpsest wasn’t being kind at all and I felt the need to say it.

Serious question is NO ONE here uncomfortable with the fact that way upthread a helpmeet made a shady comment to me, I replied in kind, and I was instantly called a troll?

Then another repeatedly speaks to me in a condescending manner, essentially calls me a hypocrite and deems that kind?

Then a user with one post count shows up and agrees with what I’m saying at admittedly suspicious timing. Do I strike you all as stupid? If @Margarita is a sock account it would serve to make me look LESS truthful.

Really. No one sees this? No one is disturbed by the behavior here?

Since having a sock is a violation of the TOU I truly don’t think that accusations should just be thrown the fuck around.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, Palimpsest said:

Teri is actually a couple of months younger than me, but I do think she looks a bit older than I do.  I took better care of my skin.  Neither of us look like octogenarians or nonagenarians.  We look like women in our 60s who don't dye our gray hair, have not had plastic surgery, and don't use a lot of make-up.  I know this annoys some younger people who think we look like shit, but I call it growing old gracefully.   

I don't think she looks a hot mess here.  Teri is actually much better looking in person.  She's just not photogenic.  

Amen to that!

@gameofunbeknowns I am disturbed by the behavior here and it is not @laPapessaGiovanna who disturbs me. She is a known quantity; and she was commenting, by the way, from her role as a member, not as a mod.

10 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I’ll assume then that you’ve also never met the many gay people who attend church?

No,plenty of people from that group, even here in the South. And I didn't say an atheist who attended church, I said haven't met an atheist who attends a Trump loving church. That doesn't seem to be common, even here on FJ where we have a diversity of folks. Not to say there aren't atheists who are Trump lovers, there are plenty of asshole atheists who are racist and sexists.

2 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Serious question is NO ONE here uncomfortable with the fact that way upthread a helpmeet made a shady comment to me, I replied in kind, and I was instantly called a troll?

Did you miss the post by Curious? She didn't agree with the post. I'm okay with it because helpmeets are posters here too and should be free to express their thoughts and feelings. If she had put it in one of those official mod boxes, yes, I would have had an issue with it. 

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

No,plenty of people from that group, even here in the South. And I didn't say an atheist who attended church, I said haven't met an atheist who attends a Trump loving church. That doesn't seem to be common, even here on FJ where we have a diversity of folks. Not to say there aren't atheists who are Trump lovers, there are plenty of asshole atheists who are racist and sexists.

Did you miss the post by Curious? She didn't agree with the post. I'm okay with it because helpmeets are posters here too and should be free to express their thoughts and feelings. If she had put it in one of those official mod boxes, yes, I would have had an issue with it. 

I saw and thanked Curious for that post. I mentioned her specifically this time only because of the sock accusation, which I think anyone deserves to have addressed.

38 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@gameofunbeknowns I am disturbed by the behavior here and it is not @laPapessaGiovanna who disturbs me. She is a known quantity; and she was commenting, by the way, from her role as a member, not as a mod.

I’ve never been of the opinion that one persons opinion is inherently more important than another’s. “Known quantity” or not.

And your comment implies that you agree with her because of who she is, not what she said. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived