IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, when Chelsy gets busy, she neglects her blog. Of course I can’t blame her. I probably would too. Maybe she could stick with shorter posts that won’t take up as much time. 

A144ADD6-5FE6-4C96-B638-7EC25A46DF8A.png

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I think I'm one of the weirdos here...Christian, attend an IFB church (that's rather liberal), yet am pro-choice, pro-BC, don't think gay people are going to hell, typically vote a straight Dem ticket, and thoroughly DETEST the orangutan in the White House and all his cronies.

True story...during the run up to the general election, my pastor was all about the GOP. Well, as the racism started rearing its ugly head, a few folks (including me) took him to task for supporting the racists. Guess what he NEVER EVER talks about now?  Those of us who have made our leanings known have not been ostracised, criticized, or been told we're "not really" Christians. Our congregation is multi-racial and multi-cultural and the racism espoused by the idiot in chief is NOT accepted there. 

So, now you have it...

May I ask why you attend an IFB church? Is it for the friends/socialization, or what? And did you grow up in that branch of religion? Pardon me peppering you with questions--you've got me curious!

29 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

May I ask why you attend an IFB church? Is it for the friends/socialization, or what? And did you grow up in that branch of religion? Pardon me peppering you with questions--you've got me curious!

theologically it's the closest match to my beliefs. I grew up and was educated in the Catholic faith. Why I left would take a book but it started with discovering that some of the beliefs/traditions were not in the bible. At that time I was a full blown republican, listened to Rush Limbaugh, the whole deal. 

Anyway, over time (over 20 years) my beliefs and political leanings evolved. There's not a lot of political bullshit in our church and I know not everyone is a "christopublican". 

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

theologically it's the closest match to my beliefs. I grew up and was educated in the Catholic faith. Why I left would take a book but it started with discovering that some of the beliefs/traditions were not in the bible. At that time I was a full blown republican, listened to Rush Limbaugh, the whole deal. 

Anyway, over time (over 20 years) my beliefs and political leanings evolved. There's not a lot of political bullshit in our church and I know not everyone is a "christopublican". 

So would it be accurate to say you believe in the theology (salvation by faith in Christ) and not necessarily in the cultural practices, then?

2 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

So would it be accurate to say you believe in the theology (salvation by faith in Christ) and not necessarily in the cultural practices, then?

Yes. It would. If you want to know what I believe as far as social justice, look up the following in the bible:

Matthew 25:31-46

Micah 6:8

James 1:27

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Yes. It would. If you want to know what I believe as far as social justice, look up the following in the bible:

Your church sounds a lot like the one the writer Anne Lamott attends/writes about. I've often thought I would attend a church like that if I knew of one.

Just now, feministxtian said:

Thanks! I appreciate you replying. It makes more sense now why you would be in an IFB church, especially if theology is an important part of your belief system.

20 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Thanks! I appreciate you replying. It makes more sense now why you would be in an IFB church, especially if theology is an important part of your belief system.

It IS important to me. My faith is VERY important to me. I'm not one to talk much about it but I've been of the opinion that actions speak MUCH louder than words (and with the way I cuss, if I had to quit cussing, I'd barely be able to string a sentence together :) )

Hub and I do what we can to help others...We know damn good and well what it's like to be completely down and out...and well, we don't have much right now (talk to me after I start my new job!!!) but we share whatever we have. 

@feministxtian, you make me think of the parable of the widow's mite or that scene in Auntie Mama where it's the first Christmas of the Depression and she's just been fired from her job and she drops her last quarter in the Salvation Army kettle.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:41 PM, feministxtian said:

It IS important to me. My faith is VERY important to me. I'm not one to talk much about it but I've been of the opinion that actions speak MUCH louder than words (and with the way I cuss, if I had to quit cussing, I'd barely be able to string a sentence together :) )

Hub and I do what we can to help others...We know damn good and well what it's like to be completely down and out...and well, we don't have much right now (talk to me after I start my new job!!!) but we share whatever we have. 

Your church sounds quite interesting and I can relate a lot to the way you talk about your faith. I study theology and it became a huge part of my belief system. I do attend a church that I really like, yet they are becoming a little bit too worldly to me. The preaching is still wonderful, but they ditched a lot of the traditional Lutheran liturgy and a lot of the hymns are way too modern from my point of view.. so obviously I'm quite picky. I really love this church's political views so I'll probably stay, but I'd love to attend a church like yours in the future. Maybe if I ever manage to save up enough to money to come the states again.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Like I said, when Chelsy gets busy, she neglects her blog. Of course I can’t blame her. I probably would too. Maybe she could stick with shorter posts that won’t take up as much time. 

Seriously Newlyweds?  Seriously Chelsy?  Seriously Movie Watcher (who cares what my FIL thinks)?

If she goes the short and sweet route I hope her posts make more sense than most of Steve's Seriously Dads do.

To be fair, short of grabbing a random collection of scrabble tiles (or letting a cat dance on the keyboard), it would be quite difficult to write a post that made LESS sense than Steve's.

@uber frau, Daisy is asleep on the wing chair and hasn't yet walked across my keyboard, but our dear Maine Coon Cat used to type stuff like this:  ppppppbbbbwwwwww11111

1 hour ago, uber frau said:

To be fair, short of grabbing a random collection of scrabble tiles (or letting a cat dance on the keyboard), it would be quite difficult to write a post that made LESS sense than Steve's.

Letting a cat dance on the keyboard?

As if they need permission.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, CyborgKin said:

Letting a cat dance on the keyboard?

As if they need permission.

Only in MaxHell!

Damn autocorrect

So I was writing this for the Ratureversary parody competetion but missed the deadline... and I didn't want to waste the effort. So in a spoiler to not annoy people.

Spoiler

Reversal Rhapsody (to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.) This is more a tribute to the John and Chelsy wedding thread, which is still one of the funniest things I've read and is basically written from the POV of the thread. Apologies to Queen... and everyone. 

--

Maxwell wedding day?
It's finally today!

After the build up
Can't wait for her dress and veil
Log on to FJ
Tune in to the feed to see...
We're all waiting, picking out wedding guests
John's over there, scrubs up OK,
Bontrager boy, Maxwell girl
Are there any Duggars? doesn't really matter to me, to me

Oh look, it's starting now
Bridesmaids entering en masse
Like their hair, the look, the dress
Chelsy, coming in at last! 
Barefoot though it's negative degrees..
Chelsy, oooh
Did you want a summer do?
You could have waited three months and then had one
Still we're all here now, and you both look very happy..

Hang on! Where's she gone?
Is this wedding off or on?
She's vanished out with John...
Surely not eloping? It seems too late...
Oh they're coming back again, was that just nerves?
Chelsy, ooo (what exactly was that?)
Wedding's on again
We're all just settling in to watch it all...

I see a Bontrager Patriarch standing
Speeches now? This is weird, does this normally happen?
Talking Chelsy and John, something sounds very wrong 
OH MY GOD! What did he say?
OH MY GOD!! WHAT DID HE SAY?!?
OH MY GOD!!! "Vasectomy Reversal Kids!!"

Oh my God, you are kidding, did he really say that?!?
No, we're not kidding, he really, really said that!
Got them all to stand up and then thanked Steve!
What the hell? Are you sure?
REVERSAL! we're really, really sure! (What the hell?)
REVERSAL! Vasectomy for sure! (Wedding speech?!)
REVERSAL! I'm dying laughing here! (laughing here!)
Get me off the floor! (Cannot help!)
Can't believe my ears! (Need rewind!)
What did he say?! 
Oh no, oh no, oh hell no!
Oh vasectomy, vasectomy, vasectomy  wedding speech!
Maxwell wedding more exciting than I thought would be
Would be
Woud be....

(Musical build up while FJ stops laughing)

Thought this wedding would be staid and straight down the line!
There's 'eloping', drones with rings and not enough wine...
Oh what now? Taco soup is a let down..
I wanna playback!  just gotta see all that again...

(More music, headbanging, popcorn etc)

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
That was kind of awesome 
I can hardly breathe
Hope she put some shoes on... hope they're very happy... indeed

Now I need a vodka...

@Ozlsn Omg! That’s awesome. You picked the hardest song ever. Save that for next Rapture I suppose. Well done!

The day has come! Chelsy posted again.

she’s still posting about the wedding. I was hoping she’ll move on to the honeymoon at least. 

27 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

The day has come! Chelsy posted again.

she’s still posting about the wedding. I was hoping she’ll move on to the honeymoon at least. 

Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't get to watch the live stream and had only read about the forgotten vows here, so I was interested to read what that was all about.

While reading the description of the wedding (music from a movie soundtrack!! ) I was thinking good luck trying to control this young woman, Steve.  It ain't happening. 

Chelsy’s post is very long. No wonder it took her two months to post. Most of it is completely expected since we all watched the live feed. But this line below the picture right here annoys me to no end. Chelsy this is terribly presumptive of you. You PROMISE no one will regret it? How would you know this!? Just because you didn’t? Well I can positively say I would regret that decision for I am an extremely private person and having my first kiss in front of hundreds of people sounds like my very worst nightmare. So you are wrong Chelsy. There must be at least one fundie girl embarrassed by PDA. Not all fundie girls are exactly like you. 

63DB0C4C-4D70-4F48-9BE7-2B1CD34D919B.png

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You PROMISE no one will regret it? How would you know this!? Just because you didn’t? Well I can positively say I would regret that decision for I am an extremely private person and having my first kiss in front of hundreds of people sounds like my very worst nightmare.

And add to that the fact that the groomsmen actually blew noise makers when they kissed!  Good grief!

Some of these fundie weddings resemble Broadway shows, imo.

I had my first kiss awkwardly at 14 in front of the drinking fountain and the salmon tank after school.  I PROMISE I would take this first kiss every time to the thought of having my first kiss up on a stage in front of nearly everyone I know, which quite frankly is a horrifying thought to my anxious brain.  That's not even considering the fact that I would have to make it down the aisle to wed someone that I had never so much as locked lips with, which is again completely terrifying. 

In contrast, my drinking fountain kiss is a fond memory that I do not regret in the slightest.  

In conclusion, I prefer the fairy tale of my life to be more "Shrek" and less "Creepy-Midcentury-Disney-Princess".  

Just now, kpmom said:

And add to that the fact that the groomsmen actually blew noise makers when they kissed!  Good grief!

Some of these fundie weddings resemble Broadway shows, imo.

The logo for Hamilton DOES sport a rather WIDE STANCE.

• John went up and down the aisle THREE times at the start of the wedding.  (To seat the grandmothers and then both mothers individually.) Did the entire congregation just sit there and watch him get his daily steps in?
  • Lots of secular music there, Chelsy. Good for you: I'm glad you were able to pick what you wanted.  But I wish more people would include the names of the composers of their music, or the names of the tunes they use for the hymns: I know at least three different possible tunes for both "Holy, Holy, Holy" and "For the Beauty of the Earth."
  • I'm glad Chelsy and John enjoyed the drone trick: I certainly wouldn't have.
  • Chelsy mentions her dad's speech and touches on the vasectomy reversal story (puke) but she's pretty discreet about what exactly he said. I would have no idea, if I hadn't read the recap here, about how excruciatingly explicit he was. I'm not entirely sure Chelsy enjoyed that speech -- but she's doing a good job of making it seem like she appreciated it.

My first kiss was with my boyfriend at the age of 17 when I was drunk and at a party in this guy's shed. Shockingly enough, the kiss was crap. :my_rolleyes: But never once have I regretted it. Never once has the thought, "Gosh, I wish I had saved my first kiss for my wedding day" crossed my mind. I guess if I lived in a culture that really made a big deal out of physical "purity" and expected to marry a guy who bought into that, I'd probably regret it. Thankfully I don't, because I can't think of a way to have your first kiss that would be much more awkward and embarrassing than in front of a thousand people all leering at you and knowing that it was your first kiss. Not to mention having it broadcast on the internet. And photographed for posterity. No thanks!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived