IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Coconutwater said:
On 5/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, Odd1Out said:

I can’t get rid of this box, but I’m a peach/coconut mix. 

With your username, you'd have to be at least somewhat of a coconut!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Me, I'm more a lime in the coconut.

This will make me happy for the rest of the day! 

36 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

No,plenty of people from that group, even here in the South. And I didn't say an atheist who attended church, I said haven't met an atheist who attends a Trump loving church. That doesn't seem to be common, even here on FJ where we have a diversity of folks. Not to say there aren't atheists who are Trump lovers, there are plenty of asshole atheists who are racist and sexists.

Did you miss the post by Curious? She didn't agree with the post. I'm okay with it because helpmeets are posters here too and should be free to express their thoughts and feelings. If she had put it in one of those official mod boxes, yes, I would have had an issue with it. 

If it had been in a mod box my reaction would have been vastly different than it was, but yes, mods are allowed to have opinions as members.  I still feel like @gameofunbeknowns reaction was appropriate given the response to her.  If I snark at someone, I expect I may be snarked back at.  I don't find that suspicious.   I also don't find people using that fucking bus humping because it IS part of our history and really it's the last thing like that so it's not like there is more current fodder for people and it was about meeting a maxhellion so the bus humping is a natural example, IMO.

I can say that to the best of my ability I see no reason to disbelieve @gameofunbeknowns.  She doesn't have any socks that I can find (and frankly we do tend to catch the majority of those before they even pass registration).

I see no evidence that @Margarita is a sock of @gameofunbeknowns.  Whether @Margarita is a former problem child I haven't had a chance to look into yet because my body has been busy trying to expel my lungs today (so much coughing!) and I had to rest for a bit.

1 hour ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I saw and thanked Curious for that post. I mentioned her specifically this time only because of the sock accusation, which I think anyone deserves to have addressed.

I’ve never been of the opinion that one persons opinion is inherently more important than another’s. “Known quantity” or not.

And your comment implies that you agree with her because of who she is, not what she said. 

Of course it is. I have no clue who you are. You have posted 100 times in three years. You could be anyone or anything. I have interacted with LaPap for years and have had years to develop a relationship, distant as it may be. So yeah, I trust her instincts and find her inherently more trustworthy.

8 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Of course it is. I have no clue who you are. You have posted 100 times in three years. You could be anyone or anything. I have interacted with LaPap for years and have had years to develop a relationship, distant as it may be. So yeah, I trust her instincts and find her inherently more trustworthy.

So just say “I approve of what LaPap said because she’s my friend.” It’s more honest that way. As far as who I am, that’s about to be cleared up momentarily. Stay tuned.

Hi Kids!

I thought we were past the whole x is more trustworthy than y because of post counts that used to be such a huge factor here :(  

Anyway, @gameofunbeknowns has verified with me and she appears to be exactly who she says she is.  I can also verify that she has had communication with Chelsy.

I trust this will put all the vaguely suspicious posts to rest and if people are actually interested in what she has to say they will just ask like the normal posters I know we all are :)

@gameofunbeknowns I sincerely apologize for my cynicism. Yesterday was not a great day for me on the board. Another thread got me very worked up.

I do think your observations of Chelsey are and were interesting.

i tore my manicure apart while digging in the garden all weekend, so last night i did one coat of pale lavender, then a semi-sheer pearl, topped with white iridescent glitter.  as hard as it is to remove glitter, i like it because it's durable and will look nice for about a week.  regular topcoats tend to turn into a chipped mess by the second half of the workweek.  my toes are currently purple under fuchsia glitter.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Going for a pedicure today- bright red or something more subdued?

I hope the Maxwell girls secretly sneak over to Chelsy's house and they paint each others toenails whilst watching Jane Austen movies.

Also, I think John and Chelsy's hypothetical future spawn will be competing in Bible Bee by the time Chelsy gets around to blogging about their honeymoon.

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@gameofunbeknowns I sincerely apologize for my cynicism. Yesterday was not a great day for me on the board. Another thread got me very worked up.

I do think your observations of Chelsey are and were interesting.

Thank you. I really do appreciate this :)

I ended up with glittery gold! Ooh la la. No one will ever see them since I wear clogs at work but I'll know they're pretty and that's good enough! 

On 6/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suspect Chelsy wants a larger than average family. Chelsy and Allison seem to idealize their large family. Sometimes it becomes over the top in my opinion (especially Allison). I would think the families that disliked having a large family growing up would be more likely to try NFP. 

While Chelsy seems capable to raise a bunch of children and probably she really wants to do it, I am not sure if her big family idealization is genuine or just wishful thinking. Or simply she has not known anything else.

She's the older. She has been a witness of overwhelmed parents, harsh training and miserable children. Because there is no other way to become a family like hers. She and Allison have been raised in the most extreme sexism (Allison talking about her brothers leadership was disturbing). Chelsy can be ok with all the above, but sometimes having your own kid changes your beliefs.

Maybe I'm absolutely wrong, but I have the vibe than Chelsy does not fit really well with her family. Not that she was rebellious at all. Just different, trying to fit, trying to please. 

@gameofunbeknowns brings something interesting to the table, besides her face to face interaction with Chelsy -- an atheist who attends church.  There are many fj-ers who are practicing Christians who do or do not attend church.  We snark endlessly on Christian fundamentalists without alienating many Christians.  There are some escapees from fundamentalism who still practice Christianity and others who never want to see the inside of a church again.  It's a fascinating and an amazing mix that often enriches my life.  Vive la différence! 

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

@gameofunbeknowns brings something interesting to the table, besides her face to face interaction with Chelsy -- an atheist who attends church.  There are many fj-ers who are practicing Christians who do or do not attend church.  We snark endlessly on Christian fundamentalists without alienating many Christians.  There are some escapees from fundamentalism who still practice Christianity and others who never want to see the inside of a church again.  It's a fascinating and an amazing mix that often enriches my life.  Vive la différence! 

Thank you :)

One of the other reasons for this, that I forgot to mention before, is to get first hand understanding of what Christians believe. Which Duggar was it recently that posted on IG about reading a book about “the faith of Christopher Hitchens”? See that kind of shit annoys me. I’m 99 percent sure whoever it was has never actually read any of his works. To read something critical of works you’ve never bothered to read is....not doing due diligence imho.

Of course attending church is not quite the same thing, and some would say I could just read the Bible, which I have, but I really do benefit by listening to the sermons. I also find it makes me more compassionate and able to relate to others better.

eta: even though I grew up Christian the sermons in my church were more about hollering and screaming than teaching the Bible. Also, I didn’t believe any of it so I wasn’t listening anyway. I became more interested in religion once I was sure of my Atheism.

21 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I ended up with glittery gold! Ooh la la. No one will ever see them since I wear clogs at work but I'll know they're pretty and that's good enough! 

I'm going tomorrow for a fill and a pedicure and I'm doing race car red. I'm in the mood for bright!

Hola, not a sock. Lurked for several years, so I am familiar with many of your (online) personalities. 

I thought the reaction to gameofunbeknowns interaction with Chelsy was absurd.

@SassyPants, your post count (Parading Around in a Bifurcated Garment, Showing off my Crotch) perfectly matches your user name!  Good times. 

20 hours ago, Margarita said:

Hola, not a sock. Lurked for several years, so I am familiar with many of your (online) personalities. 

I thought the reaction to gameofunbeknowns interaction with Chelsy was absurd.

I extend the same apology to you that I do game as I was the one who actually said sock. I have never accused a new user of that and I am not really thrilled with myself

I hope you can keep enjoying fj in whatever way makes you happy.

@gameofunbeknowns I have been quite astonished by some of the posts directed at you. I was interested to learn more of your dealings with Chelsea. 

It use to piss me off so much when a fundie would come on to the threads and then some people would start banging on at them about their ‘horrid  beliefs’ etc when all I wanted was more information and they’d drive them away. 

But as I got older I realised these people who I had always thought of as rude had backgrounds where they had been negatively impacted by fundamentalists and they couldn’t just sit back like me and ‘enjoy the show’. I still think people are too harsh at times but maybe I would be too if I had been through what they had. 

I can see you’re not letting it bother you so I’m glad. Please stay and just put on ignore anyone who is upsetting you or just plain annoying. 

And FJ I’ll probably be downvoted like hell for this but can we just move on? We can do better. 

@gameofunbeknowns I was also bewildered by some of the responses here regarding you meeting Chelsy. You were being interrogated and cross examined, in a pretty rude way, for this? I would have preferred reading more about the context of the meeting.

@luv2laugh and @Milly-Molly-Mandy thank you both. It means a lot, trust me.

I don’t know how much more I can tell without getting into identifying details. She seems like an extremely happily married newlywed. She’s very gregarious. I didn’t meet John but they looked very happy together. As much harm as I personally believe anyone’s parents did raising them with those types of beliefs, I do think the prison ministry part of Chelsy’s upbringing was a great idea. The Maxwell “children” (who I’ve never met) could have probably benefited from this. 

As a person who used to follow The Muncks, and has since read about Melanie’s sisters wedding, Elissa, etc... I think the type of women the Maxwell men choose is very telling. With the exception of NR-Anna, they display a joie de vivre that I certainly don’t see in Maxhell. Meaning...Steve’s done something REALLY wrong (why aren’t his kids choosing spouses with the same (read: 0) capacity for fun and life?))

I have since imagined that if the Maxwell women were given the same freedom to choose a spouse he (or she) would be quite unlike Steve.

18 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I extend the same apology to you that I do game as I was the one who actually said sock. I have never accused a new user of that and I am not really thrilled with myself

I hope you can keep enjoying fj in whatever way makes you happy.

No apology necessary! I didn’t take offense. Cheers, and thanks. 

I think I'm one of the weirdos here...Christian, attend an IFB church (that's rather liberal), yet am pro-choice, pro-BC, don't think gay people are going to hell, typically vote a straight Dem ticket, and thoroughly DETEST the orangutan in the White House and all his cronies.

True story...during the run up to the general election, my pastor was all about the GOP. Well, as the racism started rearing its ugly head, a few folks (including me) took him to task for supporting the racists. Guess what he NEVER EVER talks about now?  Those of us who have made our leanings known have not been ostracised, criticized, or been told we're "not really" Christians. Our congregation is multi-racial and multi-cultural and the racism espoused by the idiot in chief is NOT accepted there. 

So, now you have it...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived