IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

16 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Sorry, but that doesn't seem very kind or loving, I'm sorry you had to endure that. Just throwing it out there, but caring for infants and toddlers is work, IMO.

Chiming in to agree with Hisey 100%.  Children require care, and if you were providing that care, there was absolutely no reason for him to treat you that way. 

I also think it's a little backwards that he seems to be taking a pick and choose approach to patriarchy. 

Women working= A okay, and he resents you if you don't. 

Women being ordained= Not happening.

It's an odd mix for sure.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be missing something about the eggs.  They look like....eggs.  I hope eggs don't become the next Einkorn bread.  We've seen like 50 kazillion pictures of that stupid bread, and nearly as many videos.  Hell, we've seen her daughter's Einkorn bread.  NO MORE BREAD!  Please.  And definitely no more grease as moisturizer.  :doh: 

I don't even want to think of her cleaning that cast iron skillet with a filthy chicken juice soaked Norwex cloth.  I realllllllyyyyy don't want to think about the fact that she'll probably wipe all of her expensive make-up off with the same damn cloth.  Lordy.  

1) She is Obsessed with food.

2) She will do absolutely anything to avoid work.

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

I must be missing something about the eggs.  They look like....eggs. 

Le Sigh..... Cleeeaarrlly your heathen feminist eyes can't see the righteousness in those eggs.  Those are the most perfectest eggs ever. Ever!  Perfectly organic chickens grew those perfectly organic eggs.  :my_smile:  :potstir:

What I'd love is to see her old broke ass in a chicken yard tending to those perfectly organic chickens.  The amount of work and time involved would have her laying on the fainting couch while her maid fans her.  

No thinking about her cleaning (or lack there of)....have a drink, take a minute.  :tw_wine: I feel your blood pressure rising from way down here!

Videos of bread? Are you kidding me?

Usually I'm the last one to notice that but those eggs look like boobs. :pearlclutching:

(Heathen that I am, I lived in a share house with a couple of guys for years.)

IME farm eggs are darker and taste better than storebought. 

Actually, I have the most Godly eggs. :D I get them straight from my inlaw's chickens. Lori buys hers from the store still. Lol!

4 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Actually, I have the most Godly eggs. :D I get them straight from my inlaw's chickens. Lori buys hers from the store still. Lol!

We found a local brand of store eggs that have both a “certified humane” sticker (I hope it actually means something) *and* the chickens are not fed soy! Woohoo!

(I have a kid so allergic to soy that they get a soy reaction when they eat meat or eggs from chickens fed soy in their grain mix. Sigh. Soy is so prevalent in animal feed these days because it’s cheap, I guess.)

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Sorry, but that doesn't seem very kind or loving, I'm sorry you had to endure that. Just throwing it out there, but caring for infants and toddlers is work, IMO.

Thank you. It was a rough few years, but all is good now.  Our children are teenagers and in high school now.  I knew it was just a phase and "This too shall pass. it may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass."  

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Chiming in to agree with Hisey 100%.  Children require care, and if you were providing that care, there was absolutely no reason for him to treat you that way. 

I also think it's a little backwards that he seems to be taking a pick and choose approach to patriarchy. 

Women working= A okay, and he resents you if you don't. 

Women being ordained= Not happening.

It's an odd mix for sure.

It does sound odd doesn't it?  

He's not one that believes women's only worth is popping out babies. He is all about Proverbs 31 and women getting an education and using the gifts and talents God gave them.  He didn't want more than two children because paying for college for them. 

As far as church, he tows the denominational line of no women senior pastors.  He is not so rigid as to not let women speak in church. Women can share testimonies during testimony time.  I have even given the sermon on Mother's Day and another one once in his absence.  No one seemed to have a problem with it. I think they looked at me speaking as a guest speaker and not as "authority over men".  

P.S. He even cooks and does dishes and laundry. 

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Videos of bread? Are you kidding me?

Usually I'm the last one to notice that but those eggs look like boobs. :pearlclutching:

(Heathen that I am, I lived in a share house with a couple of guys for years.)

I thought the exact same thing! :pb_lol:

On 4/10/2018 at 10:23 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here is the application

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBRwhWfSEju2PFy-dEXlBpOPfDMGH7Yhw7Glk-ggKi9pHytg/viewform?c=0&w=1

There is soooooooo much fine print. I don't remember this being there before

Avoid posting prayer requests, its just too overwhelming!

Regarding sending to Ken- I will post a link on the 2.0 page. Also thinking about starting a wordpress to go along with my tumblr. Wordpress is a better platform for commenting and tumblr is good for just saving the screenshots. I like when I go to my tumblr I archive button and its easy to find. 

I think those are the only two verses Lori knows in the Bible. She deletes anything else too. 

On 4/10/2018 at 12:56 AM, fluffy said:

Lori is losing control bit by bit in the chat room. She's screaming (typing in all caps) on a post about spanking a poor little deaf boy who's 20 months old. The mother is describing pulling down his pants to make sure his bottom is red from her lashes. Lori advices using a rod or something that will hurt more. A couple of women wrote to add some concerns and Lori lost her few marbles and shut down the post. She wants that deaf 20 month old bloodied. Shame on the boy's mum for this abuse. She should be turned in to CPS, but she'd researched that she's allowed to whip her child in that state. :-( 

I know I'm going to regret this, but does the mother of the deaf toddler say what his horrible infractions are that he needs to be beat on a bare bottom?

3 hours ago, Curious said:

I know I'm going to regret this, but does the mother of the deaf toddler say what his horrible infractions are that he needs to be beat on a bare bottom?

If I recall he dropped a toy or something like that over the stairs. It was something like: I have a question about discipline. I spank my 20 month old for things that cause harm, or for blatant disobedience. Example — he kept throwing things down the stairs the other day. So after telling him to stop once, I told him “if you throw something else down the stairs, mom will have to spank you.” He did, and I calmly told him that because he disobeyed, I had to spank him.
So he came up to me yesterday while I was doing something in the kitchen, and started signing “spank” (we use ASL) and when I asked him why, he brought me over to the stairs and showed me something he had thrown down the stairs and was expecting a spanking for. He’s done this a couple times to hubby and I, and it’s almost like the spanking doesn’t even bother him... we’re both at a loss for what to do with that.Another slightly related question is that he has been pinching and hitting when he’s mad about something, and flailing and accidentally hitting us when he’s upset/crying. I’m not sure what to do about the violence...

She writes something like "I  do make sure it stings, I have to pull down his pants to do it on his skin... usually leaves a red mark.." Of course Lori and some other women want to make sure she's not using her hand but a rod or strap or something that will sting and blister. 

He is not yet two years old. And this woman is desperate for more children but fortunately her husband, who sounds like a real asshat, has put the kibosh on that. They can't' afford a house and live with his parents who don't parent the "right way." 

Let me be honest. Worse abuse is described for other children. Anyone who dares suggest other forms of teaching are shouted out by the meek mentor herself. It is not hard to get into chatroom. I encourage you to be in there to be a witness and record what else goes on. 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here it is....

Evidence in Support of Rachelle O’Neal’s Accusations Against Lori Alexander

You should be able to view the PDF at the link below. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hhOEg7jEQNZmt-KLp5UgEHWwu8LMbRf9

Let me know if there are any issues or any major typos or errors. I will start circulating it soon. Will wait a bit though to see if any corrections are needed. I still will probably put this in blog format eventually too.

Special thanks to @Jellybeanfor helping me find some of the screenshots. 

I started a new thread filled with keywords (*waves at google*) here.  If anyone can think of other things I should add to the original post to make the goggle(tm) happy please let me know or just post in that thread :) 

I know Ken just looooves it when FJ is high up in the searches, so let's make this one "go viral" ;)

edit:  hahaha got so excited I forgot the link: 

19 hours ago, molecule said:

Sheila has also banned Lori from commenting on her blog. :)

good for her.  Not only is it about time that Lori knows what that feels like, Sheila spend a ton of time trying to be patient with Lori and she just ran around Sheila's blog like a bull in a china closet.

16 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some kind of tragedy with spanking or physical discipline happens to a child of one of Lori's followers and somehow Lori and her chatroom are found out by CPS or law enforcement.  Lori doesn't realize at all that to a certain extent she is setting herself for legal problems by encouraging child abuse in online setting.

Well when (likely not if, sadly) that happens, there is a treasure trove of information here on FJ where we practically BEGGED Ken to do something about Lori posting those kind of things and I will happily work with any authorities that need information (per our ToU) :)

16 hours ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

I think Sheila may be egal too.  I commented on her blog a few months back, with some serious questions on her "Does God love men more than women?" post, and she replied with links to places like The Junia Project, Christians for Biblical Equality, and other egal resources.  Made me love her more.

That's interesting because a few years back she was definitely biblical womanhood or whatever the wifely submission folks call it.  She was WAY more nuanced than Lori, mind you.  Of course, a rock nearly has more nuance than Lori, so that's a pretty low bar now that I think about it.   We have recommended her posts/blog to folks that have come here after getting tired of Lori's form of "christian love" in the past.

6 hours ago, fluffy said:

If I recall he dropped a toy or something like that over the stairs. It was something like: I have a question about discipline. I spank my 20 month old for things that cause harm, or for blatant disobedience. Example — he kept throwing things down the stairs the other day. So after telling him to stop once, I told him “if you throw something else down the stairs, mom will have to spank you.” He did, and I calmly told him that because he disobeyed, I had to spank him.
So he came up to me yesterday while I was doing something in the kitchen, and started signing “spank” (we use ASL) and when I asked him why, he brought me over to the stairs and showed me something he had thrown down the stairs and was expecting a spanking for. He’s done this a couple times to hubby and I, and it’s almost like the spanking doesn’t even bother him... we’re both at a loss for what to do with that.Another slightly related question is that he has been pinching and hitting when he’s mad about something, and flailing and accidentally hitting us when he’s upset/crying. I’m not sure what to do about the violence...

She writes something like "I  do make sure it stings, I have to pull down his pants to do it on his skin... usually leaves a red mark.." Of course Lori and some other women want to make sure she's not using her hand but a rod or strap or something that will sting and blister. 

He is not yet two years old. And this woman is desperate for more children but fortunately her husband, who sounds like a real asshat, has put the kibosh on that. They can't' afford a house and live with his parents who don't parent the "right way." 

Let me be honest. Worse abuse is described for other children. Anyone who dares suggest other forms of teaching are shouted out by the meek mentor herself. It is not hard to get into chatroom. I encourage you to be in there to be a witness and record what else goes on. 

So this woman basically has no clue about childhood development and would rather hit her DEAF toddler rather than find out why he does stuff.

I can tell her right now why he gets "violent"  He's going on 2 and is fucking frustrated he can't communicate what he wants/needs.  Pretty normal behavior for that age.

Who among us that has children hasn't played the "pick up game" where baby learns they have power over their world by dropping something on the ground, we pick it up, they drop it, we pick it up and pretty soon a fun game (by baby standards) ensues.

My big question would be how the heck is her TODDLER throwing things down the stairs?  No baby gate, anyone?   I'd be way more worried about my toddler falling down the steps than what he/she is throwing down the steps.   I would have had a baby gate at the top AND bottom of steps by the time my baby could crawl, but I'm crazy that way.

Lori's post on finding joy in motherhood today doesn't suck. I mean, yes, there are pieces of suckiness in it, but the advice to find joy in the mundane and menial tasks is actually good advice. In fact, the post's lack of overall suckiness had me looking to see if someone other than Lori had written it.

3 hours ago, Curious said:

My big question would be how the heck is her TODDLER throwing things down the stairs?  No baby gate, anyone?   I'd be way more worried about my toddler falling down the steps than what he/she is throwing down the steps.   I would have had a baby gate at the top AND bottom of steps by the time my baby could crawl, but I'm crazy that way.

You aren't crazy--normal people use gates to keep babies off the stairs or out of the kitchen, or whatever.

Lori, however, brags about never baby-proofing; she prefers to "train" them not to put their fingers in the electric outlets, etc.

And we all know what THAT means. 

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

Lori's post on finding joy in motherhood today doesn't suck. I mean, yes, there are pieces of suckiness in it, but the advice to find joy in the mundane and menial tasks is actually good advice. In fact, the post's lack of overall suckiness had me looking to see if someone other than Lori had written it.

Lori is obviously BEC for me, but  I read it as "It's not enough for you to stay home, you also have to like it and never let your kids know it's difficult"

4 hours ago, Curious said:

So this woman basically has no clue about childhood development and would rather hit her DEAF toddler rather than find out why he does stuff.

I can tell her right now why he gets "violent"  He's going on 2 and is fucking frustrated he can't communicate what he wants/needs.  Pretty normal behavior for that age.

Who among us that has children hasn't played the "pick up game" where baby learns they have power over their world by dropping something on the ground, we pick it up, they drop it, we pick it up and pretty soon a fun game (by baby standards) ensues.

This was my thoughts exactly. I know almost zero about raising kids but isn't best to, I don't know, take them away from the stairs and put them in a place where you can watch them? Most mothers I know wouldn't let a baby under two be out of their sight for long and certainly not let them near stairs. I wonder if he even knows why he should throw toys down the stairs. 

18 hours ago, EowynW said:

Lori buys them from the store for $10 a dozen (I've seen such eggs for sale at our local upscale market).

I agree that farm eggs taste better. When chickens have a varied diet (bugs, food scraps) and can run around, their eggs taste better). I used to have chickens and got spoiled, so now I buy my eggs from a local farmer. I pay about $4 a dozen. I could find them cheaper at walmart, but we all love the taste of the farm eggs.

However, I don't believe chickens lay eggs constantly. If she really wants "eggs the way God intended" she'd let the chickens get broody, and wait till they started laying again. If I recall correctly, they only lay constantly when people keep removing their eggs. 

20 hours ago, Koala said:

I hope eggs don't become the next Einkorn bread.  We've seen like 50 kazillion pictures of that stupid bread, and nearly as many videos.  Hell, we've seen her daughter's Einkorn bread.  NO MORE BREAD! 

I can't figure out why she thinks we care about the bread. Yes, it's a nice looking bread and ok, it is healthier than Wonder Bread. But it will not cure your cancer/prevent illness/solve world hunger/improve your sex life/stop wars.

I'm proud when I make a nice meal that my family likes, but I would never think to put a picture of it on my facebook. My feed is already boring enough.

2 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

You aren't crazy--normal people use gates to keep babies off the stairs or out of the kitchen, or whatever.

Lori, however, brags about never baby-proofing; she prefers to "train" them not to put their fingers in the electric outlets, etc.

And we all know what THAT means. 

Straight from To Beat Up A Child: "We believe in home-proofing the child, not child-proofing the home." :my_sad:

I did not do any real baby proofing when my kids were toddlers other than locking the cabinet under the sink because chemicals and kids are FAST! (I also don't puppy proof).

I just paid attention when my kids were loose (not in a swing, high chair, playpen, crib, etc) and if they touched something I didn't want them to, I either moved the item slightly or redirected them to a toy or whatever.

Mind you, I didn't have any expensive knick knacks or breakables just laying around either.

For me, it'd be way more work to keep beating my kid until they learned not to go through appropriate developmental steps than to just redirect, but I'm a lazy parent that way. 

1 minute ago, Curious said:

I did not do any real baby proofing when my kids were toddlers other than locking the cabinet under the sink because chemicals and kids are FAST! (I also don't puppy proof).

Neither did I. There was one baby gate at the top of the steps, more to keep the kids upstairs if they got up before we did than anything else. No cabinet locks either. Too much of a pain in the ass. The kids knew they could go in the kitchen if mama was there but not otherwise (until they got much older and could fix their own damn PB&J sandwiches). When we had the grands (who were not quite 2 and 3 when we got them), there was a gate at the top of the steps again and that was about it. None of them really got into things they shouldn't have...but I kept the cleaning stuff in top cabinets over the washer and dryer...no locks needed. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived