IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

On 4/5/2018 at 11:37 PM, Frog99 said:

Have you had your vitamin d levels checked? My doc did a routine screening and my levels were very low, even though it was midsummer and we are a beach/pool family. Once my levels improved I felt much better. Also- there has been controversy about the existence of this dx but it could be chronic fatigue. I hope you get answers soon. 

I have CRUSHING fatigue periodically.   When I started researching possible causes Vit D deficiency was one of the first things I hit on.  I asked my GP for the test and he argued that sometimes insurance won't pay for it, so he didn't want to do it.   I finally said I don't care, I'll pay out of pocket if they won't pay.   When it came back so low it didn't even register on the test, he decided he had a great idea to test it :pb_rollseyes:

I also have the dreaded Chronic Fatigue Syndrome dx.  My dr. admitted it was a "catch all" diagnosis for "we know something is wrong, but we aren't sure what" when I rolled my eyes after he told me that was my dx, but there has been some debate that it's an actual separate dx and not just a "catch all."

You might also want to ask them to test you for anemia.  I was in the very low range so was on iron sulfate for several years and it finally got into a good range.  It's stayed there since thankfully so I haven't been taking iron for a few months now.   I lost a lot of blood during my back surgeries mostly due to the length of the surgery.   They gave me several transfusions and some packed cells, but it wasn't enough to get me back to a normal level for some reason.

I still have days where I literally fall asleep while typing or reading or whatever.  I micronap on bad days, as well.   It has gotten better though since my vit D levels are up and I am no longer anemic.

Good luck.  I can be a real bitch to get drs to listen about this kind of stuff, so you have to be proactive and FIRM to get the testing done!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Today in Lori land: The world is evil, kids today are worse than ever in the history of the world, blah blah blah

Didn't Socrates or Plato or somebody say exactly the same thing over 2000 years ago? :pb_lol:

Sheila Gregoire's post today is about how to split the household chores with your husband. I predict a Lori doodle diatribe about it soon. That way she'll be able to remind us that she had a post go viral.

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

Sheila Gregoire's post today is about how to split the household chores with your husband. I predict a Lori doodle diatribe about it soon. That way she'll be able to remind us that she had a post go viral.

Sheila just hates God and His Ways. 

13 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Sheila just hates God and His Ways. 

Sheila has also banned Lori from commenting on her blog. :)

42 minutes ago, molecule said:

I really like Sheila. I think I'm going to gift her "9 thoughts that can change your marriage" book to my very fundie brother & wife for their wedding next month.

49 minutes ago, molecule said:

Sheila is the only complementarian that isn't completely off her rocker. She's so...reasonable. 

10 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Sheila is the only complementarian that isn't completely off her rocker. She's so...reasonable. 

I don't think she's comp anymore. Her writings come off as pretty egal. 

26 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I don't think she's comp anymore. Her writings come off as pretty egal. 

Oh that’s interesting. I haven’t read her in awhile.

59 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I really like Sheila. I think I'm going to gift her "9 thoughts that can change your marriage" book to my very fundie brother & wife for their wedding next month.

I love that book. In fact, it pretty much captures the things I worked on when I was addressing marriage problems a while back.

I looked Sheila up and wow it's totally different from Lori. All of her posts actually look helpful and non repetitive. I might have to check her out some more! 

On 4/11/2018 at 1:07 AM, livinglongerthanyou said:

That makes me fucking rage.....whipping a 20 month old baby? I so wish these parents could endure the pain, abuse and humiliation that they subject their children too. Lori and Ken are complicit in child abuse. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some kind of tragedy with spanking or physical discipline happens to a child of one of Lori's followers and somehow Lori and her chatroom are found out by CPS or law enforcement.  Lori doesn't realize at all that to a certain extent she is setting herself for legal problems by encouraging child abuse in online setting.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

I have CRUSHING fatigue periodically.   When I started researching possible causes Vit D deficiency was one of the first things I hit on.  I asked my GP for the test and he argued that sometimes insurance won't pay for it, so he didn't want to do it.   I finally said I don't care, I'll pay out of pocket if they won't pay.   When it came back so low it didn't even register on the test, he decided he had a great idea to test it :pb_rollseyes:

I also have the dreaded Chronic Fatigue Syndrome dx.  My dr. admitted it was a "catch all" diagnosis for "we know something is wrong, but we aren't sure what" when I rolled my eyes after he told me that was my dx, but there has been some debate that it's an actual separate dx and not just a "catch all."

You might also want to ask them to test you for anemia.  I was in the very low range so was on iron sulfate for several years and it finally got into a good range.  It's stayed there since thankfully so I haven't been taking iron for a few months now.   I lost a lot of blood during my back surgeries mostly due to the length of the surgery.   They gave me several transfusions and some packed cells, but it wasn't enough to get me back to a normal level for some reason.

I still have days where I literally fall asleep while typing or reading or whatever.  I micronap on bad days, as well.   It has gotten better though since my vit D levels are up and I am no longer anemic.

Good luck.  I can be a real bitch to get drs to listen about this kind of stuff, so you have to be proactive and FIRM to get the testing done!

Thanks Frog99 and Curious! I am taking Vitamin D daily, but do need to be re-checked. As of the last test my iron levels are fine. Thyroid is apparently "low end of normal" but I want that re-checked as almost every woman in my family has had thyroid problems and I have every possible symptom of low thyroid levels. I'm also in early stages of menopause (it comes very early in my family) so there's that adding on to the issues.

As soon as I get my dental stuff dealt with (crowns) and paid for, I'm making an appointment to get everything checked out. Part of my issue is that I literally cannot deal with things like making appointments and other seemingly simple necessities like making phone calls. Even though I KNOW it'll only take 2 minutes, I can't psyche myself up to do it. The dentist schedules six months out, so the appointment is made before I leave the office, but my doctors don't schedule that far out. I've got to do my taxes this evening as I've almost hit the deadline, even though I'd planned to get them done early this year. 

I swear I'm not just lazy, I'm really not. It sure looks like it, though.

1 hour ago, molecule said:

I love that book. In fact, it pretty much captures the things I worked on when I was addressing marriage problems a while back.

Great! I haven't read it yet but I did really enjoy her sex book. 

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Thanks Frog99 and Curious! I am taking Vitamin D daily, but do need to be re-checked. As of the last test my iron levels are fine. Thyroid is apparently "low end of normal" but I want that re-checked as almost every woman in my family has had thyroid problems and I have every possible symptom of low thyroid levels. I'm also in early stages of menopause (it comes very early in my family) so there's that adding on to the issues.

As soon as I get my dental stuff dealt with (crowns) and paid for, I'm making an appointment to get everything checked out. Part of my issue is that I literally cannot deal with things like making appointments and other seemingly simple necessities like making phone calls. Even though I KNOW it'll only take 2 minutes, I can't psyche myself up to do it. The dentist schedules six months out, so the appointment is made before I leave the office, but my doctors don't schedule that far out. I've got to do my taxes this evening as I've almost hit the deadline, even though I'd planned to get them done early this year. 

I swear I'm not just lazy, I'm really not. It sure looks like it, though.

Get your thyroid rechecked. Make sure it's everything. Free T3/4 and reverse. My dr will treat even you are "normal" if you have symptoms. Also ask for your ferritin to be checked too. Might want to do some research on cortisol and adrenal fatigue too. 

I was reading through the the chatroom screenshots. I had forgotten about Joy. Anyone know how she is doing? 

I can only hope she understands why her husband left her. It's obvious he did not like the lifestyle of no vacations or no going out. He remarried to an educated, career woman, so he apparently wanted a wife that would contribute to the bills.  Honestly, other than taking up with another woman while still married, i get it. Hopefully, he did talk to his first wife before leaving and let her know how unhappy he was with the stress of bills and never being able to travel.  That would have been the time for her to get a job and make changes.

My pastor husband (who doesn't believe in ordaining women) would be gone in a second if I took Lori's advice. He did agree for me to stay home before our children went to school due to daycare costs, but he hated it.  Those were some hard years because he resented me not working and let me know it. 

I think Sheila may be egal too.  I commented on her blog a few months back, with some serious questions on her "Does God love men more than women?" post, and she replied with links to places like The Junia Project, Christians for Biblical Equality, and other egal resources.  Made me love her more.

25 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some kind of tragedy with spanking or physical discipline happens to a child of one of Lori's followers and somehow Lori and her chatroom are found out by CPS or law enforcement.  Lori doesn't realize at all that to a certain extent she is setting herself for legal problems by encouraging child abuse in online setting.

All of this traces back to the Pearls,  IMO. Lori would absolutely be at fault, but Michael and Debi are the ultimate source of all this bullshit.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

My evidence post in support of Rachelle was posted on 2.0.

Can anyone tag him in the post? 

Piggybacking on @Curious comment. I'm trying to catch up and dont know if anyone mentioned getting your B levels checked. I have to visit my Dr. every three months and always get a cocktail shot of vitamins and one of just B. My levels are in the normal/low range. The anemia was trickier. I couldn't tolerate any iron supplement, including liquid drops meant for babies. I can't handle red meat either. I eventually had a week's worth of iron infusions that included having a port and visiting the hospital every other day. 

I've been meaning to post this. Sorry I dont know how to use spoilers. Since you say we don't need love in marriage, this is for you, Lori. It's aimed at millennials but the message is for everyone.

ze4ggs4.thumb.png.9f7b5b59a086cd6ee2d971e87d6b25fc.png

This is what godly yolks look like! Who knew? I think my yolks from walmart look about the same. Or am I just weird. 

lorieggyolks.thumb.PNG.94fe9c56e4800086093338c3b3338741.PNG

Also yesterday Lori posted her face washing products claiming they were non toxic. In comments today someone calls her out and says they are NOT non toxic. 

Spoiler

5acfa1a99a99d_productsarenotnontoxix.thumb.PNG.1e0f37ab43d4ea5d048e12f9c9fd2430.PNG

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Piggybacking on @Curious comment. I'm trying to catch up and dont know if anyone mentioned getting your B levels checked. I have to visit my Dr. every three months and always get a cocktail shot of vitamins and one of just B. My levels are in the normal/low range. The anemia was trickier. I couldn't tolerate any iron supplement, including liquid drops meant for babies. I can't handle red meat either. I eventually had a week's worth of iron infusions that included having a port and visiting the hospital every other day. 

Thank you! B levels are also on my list of things to check. Literally the last time I can remember not being exhausted is when things got so bad my co-worker gave me one of her daughters B12 shots. I had a long weekend and got my house clean AND made it in to work on time 3 days in a row after that. The effects wore off noticeably in about a week.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

My pastor husband (who doesn't believe in ordaining women) would be gone in a second if I took Lori's advice. He did agree for me to stay home before our children went to school due to daycare costs, but he hated it.  Those were some hard years because he resented me not working and let me know it. 

Sorry, but that doesn't seem very kind or loving, I'm sorry you had to endure that. Just throwing it out there, but caring for infants and toddlers is work, IMO.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived