IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

@lilwriter85, my three-year old granddaughter is profoundly deaf and has been since birth.  She has undergone extensive early intervention since she had her first appointment with the audiologist when she as about 20 months old.  She only joined the family through adoption at eighteen months.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori bought radiation protection for her phone but won’t wear sunscreen. 

Smack my gosh darn head. I can’t with this woman 

7370F956-9DAF-4624-9000-CC7BCEBE794D.png

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I feel like we should compile a "Lori Alexander's Guide to Being a Discreet Woman". It will have entries like:

*Broadcast details of your sex life on public sites on the internet for all to see. 

*Have sex in hotel rooms that you are sharing with your possibly teenage children and broadcast that you did so on public sites on the internet for all to see. 

I know there are more but I am tired and can't think of them right now. And we really should include links. 

* How to humble-brag about a Viral Post.

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori bought radiation protection for her phone but won’t wear sunscreen. 

Smack my gosh darn head. I can’t with this woman 

7370F956-9DAF-4624-9000-CC7BCEBE794D.png

I just came here to share that bit of crazy. This also could be added to the ways Lori is so frugal. Look this up on Amazon. They are $40-$50. And what is this about not putting phone up to her head? How does she talk to people then? Is everyone always on speaker?

41 minutes ago, jerkit said:

My tiny dog can jump onto the very tall bed. I discovered this while receiving oral sex. LOL.

And now you know why the felines are not permitted in the bedroom. 

When we were in the transitional housing, the bedroom didn't have a door. So, if we were going to "get busy" we had to put the felines in the big dog crate we use for transporting them. We'd do it while listening to two VERY pissed off cats!

There has been some concern for years about the electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range possibly being linked to certain cancers.  In particular, it has been linked to brain cancer.   (My sister has glioblastoma and my oldest daughter had a benign brain tumor earlier this year so this is of interest to me.) There is some evidence,  but it is pretty weak.  Non-ionizing radiation does not cause DNA damage like ionizing radiation does.  

The Wikipedia article specifically mentioned these "radiation blocking devices" as being scams.

Mobiel phone radiation and health

IIRC, the California Department of Health issued a statement that we just do not know that there are no long term effects and encourages people to not hold their phones against the ear any more than necessary and also to not sleep with the phones near their heads.

ETA:  Being concerned about a theoretical and very unlikely cause of cancer and not protecting your skin against the very real possiblilty of skin cancer -some of which will kill you- is FUCKING STUPID!!

6 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

What? I haven't heard about that one. :56247953c05d2_32(6)::brainbleach:

I can't even have sex when the cat is in the room. :kitty-shifty: _The cat probably wouldn't care, but I would feel weird. Is that just me or do you kick your pets out first too?

Here you can read part of it with your own eyes. This is from her book. Screenshot_20180415-201809.thumb.png.fa7ffd07ba6c8dce21496fa621ebc6e8.png

8 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

How fundie can they be if she said she wants more kids but he doesn’t. 

I forgot about that part. I wonder if the husband feels overwhelemed with having a child with special needs and doesn't want more kids.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I just came here to share that bit of crazy. This also could be added to the ways Lori is so frugal. Look this up on Amazon. They are $40-$50. And what is this about not putting phone up to her head? How does she talk to people then? Is everyone always on speaker?

I think from here on out out we should research prices of products she posts and maybe add to them to the  current Ken pdf.

Summer is coming soon and "frugal" Ken and Lori will be headed Wisconsin where she will no doubt post tons of pics of restaurants they frequent. I'm all for supporting local small businesses on vacations, but Lori and Ken are there for a few months at a time while her fangirls are doing pissing matches about how they don't take vacations.

8 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I forgot about that part. I wonder if the husband feels overwhelemed with having a child with special needs and doesn't want more kids.

Possibly or she’s a wanna be Lori. Wants to have someone lead her and make decisions for her so she doesn’t have to do that. 

image.thumb.png.66393e46af04567936a3c76d5ff37423.png

Except that time (oh not so very long ago) when Ken did a post defending them against the accusations of Rachelle. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Except that time (oh not so very long ago) when Ken did a post defending them against the accusations of Rachelle. 

How very convenient!  Everyone who disagrees with Lori and Ken are agents of Satan.  These two have done an excellent job of deifying themselves.

Lori:

My children clearly knew that I loved being their mother

Except:

I wasn't "joyfully at home" while I was raising my children because I was so sick

I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad. 

My children definitely feared us growing up. 

Reader:

To be honest it is hard to me to be joyful during motherhood. My generation experience is that the grandparents are busy; they do not want to spend time with their own grandchildren. We, parents, are extremely tired all day long. I know this is the plan of Satan to destroy us. 

Riighhht!  Satan is destroying you by making you raise your own children.  Makes complete sense.

Lori's response:

we love being with our grandchildren. Yes, it’s a sacrifice but we know what’s at stake – their eternal souls 

Just what every grandmother wants her grandchildren to think- "Being with me is a sacrifice."  Perfect.  And why do the "souls" of Lori's grandchildren depend on her keeping them?  That's just....weird.

What the hell is wrong with these people?!

Parents: Be prepared to raise your own kids.  Don't whine when single women and grandparents don't do it for you. 

Grandparents: If you enjoy spending time with your grandchildren, do so without referring to it as a sacrifice, or acting like you are only in it to save them from hell. 

Reader:

Do you think every married woman should be a mother, either through birth or adoption?

Lori:

If they are unable to have children, I believe it’s wise for them to seek to adopt if possible but unfortunately, it’s so expensive these days.

Hey, Lori?  This is NOT biblical AT ALL!  Women shouldn't adopt children just because Lori Alexander says so.

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

Hey, Lori?  This is NOT biblical AT ALL!  Women shouldn't adopt children just because Lori Alexander says so.

Why does Lori mention adoption being expensive?  Doesn't she tell women to stay home, that with God ALL things are possible?  

That statement about being with her grandkids being a sacrifice but it’s worth it because they have eternity in their minds - WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! They only want to be around their grandchildren to save them from hell? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, @jerkit and @Koala,  I don't find being with my grandchildren a burden at all.  In fact, I love it!  Now, I was never one of these moms who couldn't wait to be a grandmother.  I figured that grandchildren would come when the time was right for their parents.  It was not up to me at all.

I can't understand the attitude of some of these fundie grandmas towards their grandchildren at all!

Oi. Psst, Lori. Ninth Commandment. “Thou shalt not bear false witness”. Otherwise known as “do not lie”. You’re breaking this commandment. We have proof. 

The problem with fundie grandmas like Lori and Teri Maxwell is that they did not enjoy parenting, from what it sounds like. Teri talks about “being in the trenches” with her kids, and assumes every other mom feels like that too. Lori and Teri didn’t even have the biggest families we know of; four kids isn’t even particularly huge for a secular family. Teri had the big gap with her kids, and Sarah could take over a lot of the duties. As they didn’t enjoy parenting, looking after the grandkids is probably too much of a reminder of the past and they hate doing it. Teri even wrote about how the grandchildren preferred playing with the aunts and so imposed Grandma’s Reading Time. 

22 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Oi. Psst, Lori. Ninth Commandment. “Thou shalt not bear false witness”. Otherwise known as “do not lie”. You’re breaking this commandment. We have proof. 

The problem with fundie grandmas like Lori and Teri Maxwell is that they did not enjoy parenting, from what it sounds like. Teri talks about “being in the trenches” with her kids, and assumes every other mom feels like that too. Lori and Teri didn’t even have the biggest families we know of; four kids isn’t even particularly huge for a secular family. Teri had the big gap with her kids, and Sarah could take over a lot of the duties. As they didn’t enjoy parenting, looking after the grandkids is probably too much of a reminder of the past and they hate doing it. Teri even wrote about how the grandchildren preferred playing with the aunts and so imposed Grandma’s Reading Time. 

Same with Kelly Crawford. She is constantly writing books about "when motherhood feels too hard" or "When you find your children annoying"

I think some of Lori’s followers are shocked to discover that motherhood is hard. Particularly when you are alone with your children all the time because your husband works 17 jobs to barely support an ever growing family. These women are afraid to voice the thought that maybe they have too many children to care , pay for and educate and have been sold a bill of goods that Jesus demands them to do this. How convenient for them that Satan is there to blame. They never have to examine their own choices.

I think some women, including fundie women, have children because that's just what is expected and not because they genuinely want to have children. I think every woman should dig deep within themselves before committing to raising a child. Is it something you truly want? If not, don't put a kid in the situation. 

4 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I think some women, including fundie women, have children because that's just what is expected and not because they genuinely want to have children. I think every woman should dig deep within themselves before committing to raising a child. Is it something you truly want? If not, don't put a kid in the situation. 

Or they could have dickhead husbands like Teri Maxwell. Teri had PND after her first three kids. IF Steve had let her get proper help and IF they'd stopped at three, no vasectomy reversal, things may have been totally different. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

How very convenient!  Everyone who disagrees with Lori and Ken are agents of Satan.  These two have done an excellent job of deifying themselves.

Can we use accusers of the brethren and Satan's agents as a thread count title? Pretty please? :my_biggrin:

Lori is just...not smart.

Reader:

I agree with the majority of this. My biggest concern is stating that the husband is always right, no matter what. My husband and I came from two completely different backgrounds and we raised differently. There are some things that he's right about and there are some things that I'm right about, but we discuss it and come to a mutual agreement. Even though I express my concerns, I tell him that he is the head of the house no matter what and I tell him that I will stand beside him no matter what his decision is.

Lori's (really dumb) reply:

Then you do let him be right all of the time! 

No, Lori.  She lets him get his way all the time.  She can't "let" him be right.  :roll:  If he's wrong, then he's wrong whether she goes along with it or not.

My god, the idiocy is particularly grating today.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh here she goes with her blatant self-righteousness. See, we are above criticism because our critics are of the devil! Forget that they are believers too! Persecution eleventy!!! I just can't with her and that prick of a husband. She mouths those religious phrases but doesn't have a clue what any of them mean. Its like she says what she thinks a good ol' Christian should say, but its all superficial. No depth to her at all. She's an impostor. I have got to drop in every once in a while and say how much I detest Lori and the horse, they are both raging hypocrites that do more to harm to Christianity than any of their critics. The nerve of those two, equating themselves to God. Downright blasphemous.

Lori is as dumb as a cactus. No analytical ability at all. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori is just...not smart.

Reader:

Lori's (really dumb) reply:

No, Lori.  She lets him get his way all the time.  She can't "let" him be right.  :roll:  If he's wrong, then he's wrong whether she goes along with it or not.

My god, the idiocy is particularly grating today.

The poster was agreeing with her and she still gives a smarmy, contrary reply. FFS

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived