IGNORED

Dillards 55: Selling the High Life

Jellybean

I know this has been discussed but Jill's 'surprised' face in almost every photo has gotten to another level. Stop it Jill!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill's usual 'OMG Surprised/Excited/???' face really doesn't come across convincing when Sam has a raging stink face and Izzy looks so fed up that he is done with life.

I can't imagine myself walking an hour and half for my fave take-away lunch, let alone dragging a 2/3? yr old kid with me. Chik-a-Fila must be damn good tasty treat. 

19 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Sam in the third picture is my favorite thing of the week.  He looks pissed off, but also sort of resigned to his fate.

I can imagine walking an hour and 10 minutes for a fabulous meal that was exclusive to the area, but for Chick Fil A?  with two babies?  Oh hell no.

All I am thinking is this:

d2s8vx59zruz.jpg

The Duggar borg have continually proven themselves to have limited palates and have no interest in any food beyond bastardized processed versions of white Southern fare. My guess is that Jill was willing to make an hour long trip to CFA because it’s familiar, and she’s rather completely inconvenience herself than try anything new.

Jill.....*heavy sigh*

Regarding Pickles, I'm glad her readers seem to unanimously disagree with her stance here, but she's being really condescending. "I'm surprised so many of my readers are having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to do here." - Well, because it's creepy AF. I hope Jazz and her family block her too.

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Holy crap give your kids sunglasses. The sun is clearly bright and bothering Izzy. How clueless can you be. 

54 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, it has to be a Chick Fil A, because it's more godly than, say, McDonald's. BEC here, but why does Jill always have her mouth wide open like she's so surprised? And yes, they're all squinting in the sun. They need hats and sunglasses.

I put sunglasses on my toddler and she promptly takes them off. We then begin an epic battle of wills where she tries to get rid of them and I try to convince her that having her eyeballs burnt to a crisp is not good. It usually ends with me declaring defeat at some point and shoving the glasses into the diaper bag for next time, while my toddler happily squints in the sunshine. 

Hats are another matter entirely. She’s got a case of Bighead like her father before her and hats just don’t fit her - the way her head is shaped means it’s either way too big or too small. So I have kind of given up on hats to be honest. 

All that to say - I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a dumbass who just didn’t think to use hats and sunglasses, but it’s also completely possible she tried and Izzy wasn’t having it. Toddlers are weird sometimes. Lol!

Just now, Cleopatra7 said:

The Duggar borg have continually proven themselves to have limited palates and have no interest in any food beyond bastardized processed versions of white Southern fare. My guess is that Jill was willing to make an hour long trip to CFA because it’s familiar, and she’s rather completely inconvenience herself than try anything new.

I don’t know how much this applies to Jill though. She’s cooked and enjoyed Nepali food before and has prepared some dishes found in Latin American cultures as well. Maybe she doesn’t venture outside her culinary comfort zone a lot, but I do think she has more often than a lot of her other family members. 

(For a second I thought she was the Duggar who really liked the Japanese breakfast during their trip to Asia, but that was Jordyn - who was so adorable in that clip. I don’t remember Jill being one of the kids who looked grossed out or who made negative comments in a TH about the food though.)

She just tweeted a recipe for homemade baby wipes with cautions about preventing mildew and baby rash by adjusting ingredients as needed.

I don't know about you, but I like my vagina mildew free and imagine a baby would too. 

If it were an environmental thing  I would be like well, okay, it's important to you.  But since it's Jill my reaction is a simple....

Jill, it's REALLY time Derick got a job.  

I’m going to make a very unprofessional, arm chair diagnosis regarding the OMG, surprise, I’m having sooooo much fun face.  I might have read somewhere, or heard something about this habit somewhere.  People make that face when they are hiding an emotion. The “I’m having so much fun” face when it’s really the opposite.  It’s an actors face.  An insecure face.  Very much like her mother’s baby voice. It’s a shield from reality.  I find myself making that face when I’m asked to smile and I’m not really having much fun.  If I’m really having fun, then I just smile in a natural way. At least that is how I see it.  I could be way off base but this really fits with the way she was raised and how fake the Dills come across. 

3 hours ago, KeepingSweet said:

Not sure if anyone has seen Pickle’s newest post but I think she has gone off of the deep end. She is now requesting every one message and harass Jazz to try to get her to agree with the meeting with D-Wreck. I’m starting to realize why she is so unliked here at FJ.

So pickles is trying to get her readers to bully Jazz into a meeting with big douche. Ha sent Jazz been bullied enough?

reading the comments from Pickles and OMG she told one of her commentators that it was Jazz's job to meet with Derick since Jazz is an advocate and that she needs to educate others. I seriously can not believe what I am reading. :shocked:

Jazz will be 18 in October and there is no excitement for us because I don't expect to hear what happens during the meeting. It's between them. She puts herself out there as an activist and this is part of the job. She needs to educate others.

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill.....*heavy sigh*

Regarding Pickles, I'm glad her readers seem to unanimously disagree with her stance here, but she's being really condescending. "I'm surprised so many of my readers are having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to do here." - Well, because it's creepy AF. I hope Jazz and her family block her too.

I agree. Jazz’s mom and manager have most likely seen the messages and aren’t responding for a reason. If someone suggests something and you try it, great. If they suggest something you’re uncomfortable with you shouldn’t owe them a response. Having natural, healthy conversations is important, as is trying to understand other opinions sometimes. I feel the situation is different here. Derick is a grown adult man with children of his own who went out of his way to bash a child. She already gave him a generous response, she shouldn’t have to sit down and try to explain herself to him. Trying to facilitate that so obsessively isn’t cool. 

19 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

She just tweeted a recipe for homemade baby wipes with cautions about preventing mildew and baby rash by adjusting ingredients as needed.

I don't know about you, but I like my vagina mildew free and imagine a baby would too. 

If it were an environmental thing  I would be like well, okay, it's important to you.  But since it's Jill my reaction is a simple....

Jill, it's REALLY time Derick got a job.  

just read that one it does not sound like Jill knows what she's talking about at all. she thinks things will work ect.. she really needs to stop with all these weird DIY things. 

10 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I agree. Jazz’s mom and manager have most likely seen the messages and aren’t responding for a reason. If someone suggests something and you try it, great. If they suggest something you’re uncomfortable with you shouldn’t owe them a response. Having natural, healthy conversations is important, as is trying to understand other opinions sometimes. I feel the situation is different here. Derick is a grown adult man with children of his own who went out of his way to bash a child. She already gave him a generous response, she shouldn’t have to sit down and try to explain herself to him. Trying to facilitate that so obsessively isn’t cool. 

Exactly. Like someone in the comments said, she's doing this to serve her own agenda. What's she's asking isn't healthy and is boarder line stalker behavior. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Exactly. Like someone in the comments said, she's doing this to serve her own agenda. What's she's asking isn't healthy and is boarder line stalker behavior. 

I just don’t understand what good would come of this? Like best case scenario Derick joins the rest of us in recognizing Jazz as she is? That should be a given. This isn’t any elevated good, this would just be making Derick a respectable human being. Maybe that’s good in itself, but there are millions of Dericks in the world and Jazz shouldn’t have to feel pressured to put herself in a vulnerable position just because some asshole keeps misidentifying her and telling her she’s going to hell. It’s clear this is for personal agendas.

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'm confused what does any of this have to do with being a mother?

It doesn't.  In Jill's warped world, dragging your kids to a CFA an hour away for a photo op when they are obviously not prepared for such a walk is #momlife.  

4 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I just don’t understand what good would come of this? Like best case scenario Derick joins the rest of us in recognizing Jazz as she is? That should be a given. This isn’t any elevated good, this would just be making Derick a respectable human being. Maybe that’s good in itself, but there are millions of Dericks in the world and Jazz shouldn’t have to feel pressured to put herself in a vulnerable position just because some asshole keeps misidentifying her and telling her she’s going to hell. It’s clear this is for personal agendas.

Pickles thinks she can change people if only they see who they are bullying and if not then at least you can rip the bully a new one.  Pickles even called one of her commentators out because the woman said that even at 30 she didn't want to confront her childhood bully.  she basically called this person a wimp. 

49 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill.....*heavy sigh*

Pickles is just one post away from a restraining order

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

Pickles thinks she can change people if only they see who they are bullying and if not then at least you can rip the bully a new one.  Pickles even called one of her commentators out because the woman said that even at 30 she didn't want to confront her childhood bully.  she basically called this person a wimp. 

I saw that and was horrified. It’s awfully ironic to bully someone who said she still suffered anxiety at encountering her bully...things like that you don’t just outgrow. Yes, you can attend therapy to learn to resolve some of those fears and take back control of your life. But not everyone deserves forgiveness. I don’t think avoiding toxic people makes you any less of a person nor do I think it’s immature. This train wreck just keeps getting worse. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm in my 50s and I still still don't want to confront some of the people who bullied me.  

Pickles, here is a good rule of thumb, if an idea is such a train wreck waiting to happen that TLC won't touch it, it must really be a bad idea.

Let it go. 

:TrainWreckMotion:

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

True story: I've never eaten at a Chik Fil A. In my mind, that makes me more godly than the Duggars lol.

I ate there a few times before I learned about the owner’s anti-LGBTQ opinions and that was enough for me to stop giving them my business. My son, who is autistic, applied for a job there last year. They didn’t hire him and I found out from a friend who works there as a manager that “they really liked him and felt bad, but they don’t have any place for people with disabilities in their company so they couldn’t hire him.” Their official response was that they didn’t have any open positions for his skill set. I get angry even driving past the place.  My son just wants a job so badly and is more than capable. 

1 minute ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

448D43CE-DF7B-4DA4-A92A-061CA6C711D9.jpeg

it's time for Pickles to shut down. she's in delusion overload.  she is attacking people left and right. she is doing the exact opposite of what she claims to want. people are trying to have an open conversation with her and she jumps down their throats.  

4 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

“they really liked him and felt bad, but they don’t have any place for people with disabilities in their company so they couldn’t hire him.”

Well then I suppose people with disabilities don't have a place in their wallets to eat there. Yet another reason to never go there. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived