IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

44 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

So next season will presumably focus on JoKen's honeymoon, Kendra and Jinger's pregnancies, and SiRen's relationship? Will the babies already be here by the time next season premieres?

If we get another season  it will probably start in June which means Kendra's baby may be here. then they might have another one in September then Jan/Feb that seems to be their pattern right now. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that new season seems like it might actually be a tad bit interesting. and LMAO at Jessa's look when Ben says what if we had another kid by four years. 

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

http://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-contemplates-third-baby-with-husband-ben-seewald/

preview for next season. It starts in the summer so my guess is June like last year. 

This reminds me of when Jillard discussing trying for another kid as part of their plans on their 2nd anniversary.  For them it just means that their mind set goes from "if it happens it happens and the Lord willed it" to "let's do everything possible to make it happen".  

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

This was the shortest season ever!!! And being so short, they are falling farther behind the reality timeline. What, 4 weeks of episodes? does that even count as a season?

I posted a more extensive breakdown in the JinJer thread last week, but it's actually not the shortest season. It's pretty standard for Counting On. 

Since the new show started, the seasons have run (note, the official season counts are somewhat different, with A and B sections, but these are the groups of episode runs):

1) December 13 - 27, 2015 (Jill & Jessa: Counting On, 3 episode micro season)

2) March 15 - May 3, 2016 (Title change to Counting On, 8 episodes)

3) August 23 - November 15, 2016 (13 episodes)

4) January 16 - February 27, 2017 (7 episodes)

5) June 12 - July 24, 2017 (8 episodes)

6) September 11 - October 23, 2017 (7 episodes)

7) February 26 - March 26, 2018 (7 episodes)

Some of the episodes are two-hour episodes, such as the one tonight, but this is the official episode counts.

Alright I just watched the preview for next summer... how do the manage to make it look like the have so much new material but then show the same 8 minutes of film for an entire season? 

1 minute ago, Daisy0322 said:

Alright I just watched the preview for next summer... how do the manage to make it look like the have so much new material but then show the same 8 minutes of film for an entire season? 

this  season they really didn't have anything interesting.  jostin honeymoon wedding shopping  Jinjer move into house. Joy announces baby.

next season they have Joy baby plus birth. ( I am thinking it will end at birth because one of the clips we saw in the promo was also shown on the short birth episode).   Joken honeymoon plus moving in plus baby announcement.  plus Jinjer baby announcement. plus meeting Lauren and Siren courtship. and maybe engagement. 

Oh god. I’m still not over the fact that Jessa has the same dress as me, and I was wearing it when the picture popped up on the Seewalds thread. There’s a chance that I am having an identity crisis. Now, I am going to recap the JoKen wedding for the second time because I am pretty sure I remember doing it the first time around. Exciting!

Previously On:

All of this is previously on. We’ve seen all of this before.

Church Shot

“It’s hard to believe that this day is just about Joe and I.” Why? I thought this was the only day that you had on your own.

Why so many previews? I just want this damn thing to be over.

“In just a few days, Kendra and I are getting married.”

Kendra can’t believe that she’s getting married because she dreamed about it and she thought that it would never come. Oh? Why?

Joe is working on the electricial for the house that he and Kendra will live in. It’s the log cabin, FJ was once again right. It feels like a lot but Kendra is saying that she hopes that it will all work out in the end. JB lived in that house when he was younger, Mary was developing the property so they dragged it to the TTH. When Joe got engaged, he knew that he needed some place to live, so it was the best option. They didn’t think that they would live so close to the TTH, but they won’t be there much says Kendra. She said that she wants “Mr. and Mrs. Duggar” aka Jana, to keep the kids away for the first year. Austin said that he needed more space from his parents but Joe and Kendra may be ok. Jessa said that their house is about 15 minutes away. IF they lived on the property like Joe and Kendra there would have to be more rules. Ben says “So Josie doesn’t come up and knock on your door.” Jer and Joe are being visited by Kendra as they work on the house. Kendra is of course giggling. She’s wearing a striped dress.

Jessa can’t believe that Joe is getting married already. Joe always said that Josiah was the talker for him, that he did enough talking for the both of them. Jinger can’t stop saying like but her and Joe are very close. JD admires Joe’s character, he’s very committed and determined. Joe loves you as you are says Jana. I missed whatever else someone said. I was focused on Jana’s face. Joe means a lot ot a lot of them. He’s showing Kendra the house, where the sink will go, they have the water hooked up for the sink. Right now it’s trash truck but hopefully it will be a deck. Kendra wants a porch swing. I bet that she will have one. Joe is looking forward to have it done and to live in it with his love. Awww. *Drink some, drink some!* Kendra hopes that it’s done in time.

Mizzzz Reneeeeeee. Fuck. I need booze. Oh god. Joy knows what Kendra is feeling and it makes her even more excited for her and Joe. “Are y’all so excited?” I’m going to puke. Jinger remembers Kendra’s bright smile and her laugh, it’s adorable. She’s so joyful. Jana says that she will laugh at anything that you will say. She’s super fun loving. Josiah met Kendra 7 years, all the Caldwells are happy and Kendra is like a ray of sunshine one a dark day. Austin says that Kendra is real bubbly, you can’t have a bad day with her. She’s laughing so much that you want to laugh too. They are cooing over Kendra’s dress and she is giggling of course. Jessa says that she is a princess. Jessa says that her dress is perfect for her. Kendra is giggling so much. It’s the perfect dress says Kendra. It all sunk in with Kendra in that moment. Anna is there as well cooing. I just see her. Kendra’s Mom is crying a bit. Although I still can’t believe it’s her Mom. Oh Kendra is crying as well. Her parents look soooo young. Now Lauren is starting, oh good lord. Christina is excited but it’s also a very emotional time. Emotional says Michelle with glee. The reactions are so different. It just goes to show how checked out Michelle is. I don’t think I’ve seen her cry at one wedding. “Such an emotional thing. You’re very happy but then you cry.” Anna looks quite checked out and done with her. I wonder how she feels now at weddings. Does she smile or worry because what if they are marrying someone like Josh? Christina loves the sparkles. It was hard for Kendra and they just had an emotional moment. She hugs Miz Renee. At least she didn’t get too much screen time. It hasn’t sunk in for Kendra just yet.

Roads! Yay!

Jana and Jessa and Jordyn are cooking. They are doing a big celebration for Jeremy’s 30th birthday. They are not eating raw meat says Jessa because Jordyn looks concerned. They’re going to try and prepare an Italian feast. If it’s a flop he probably won’t feel very special. Jessa has her hair up, which is good. Jana does not but she looks like a pro with making meatballs. They’re making around 200 meatballs. She thinks that it will be enough. Joy is doing 7 jars of sauce and 6 pounds of pasta. Joy is 3 months pregnant and feeling good. The morning sickness and being tired all the time has passed and she can still do spaghetti right now. It’s crazy to think that Joy and Austin were celebrating their wedding and now it’s Joe and Kendra’s wedding and Joy is expecting a baby. Jana and Jessa are taste testing. They were worried that the meatballs were going to be disgusting and there’s a chance that they are. Because Jessa says that they didn’t taste very good.

she is all of 19 she needs to stop acting like she's oh so old and has been waiting for ever for her "prince charming" 

as for having the little kids stay away for a year that just makes me rage those poor kids are already restricted enough without having to be restricted even more because brother dearest just has to marry without being able to probably care for a wife and family. 

The meatballs tasted like flavourless meatloaf. They followed the recipe pretty closely but they forgot to add herbs or spices. Jessa says that they tasted better in the red sauce so they are ok. Jinger is excited to be back in town for another big Duggar wedding. Jeremy calls Michelle Mom. That’s weird. Jeremy says that he is old and tall. Michelle says that the meatballs are nothing like Jeremy’s grandma’s. Jana says that they cherish the moments where they are all together. It’s sinking in for Joe that it’s time for his wedding. Jeremy says that it’s good. He asks if wedding week has been crazy for Joe and Kendra. They say yes and then he asks about the nerves. Joe says that it’s surreal, he doesn’t’ realize how close it is. Kendra says that she gets more and more excited the closer that it gets. It took three days for it to hit Kendra that she was engaged. She wonders how long it will be for her to figure out that they’re married. Um right away dear. Sorry to tell you, there are things that will um be quite clear. More giggling.

Laura is thanking everyone for coming. She’s doing scrapbook pages for all the guests to sign and a bench that is also for signing. It’s Jana and Laura’s idea. It’s a twist on the traditional guestbook. Joe and Kendra appreciate it. Jana says it’s hard to get everyone together for a project. The girls are busy cutting and pasting. Laura said the main thing is that they want people to sign it, so you need at least 5 places for people to sign on the pages. It will be hard to get around to talk to everyone because of all the guests. So they can read all the well wishes for them that day. Jason is trying to get the boys to follow a list. Josiah was exciting to hear that they were assigned a manly job. Ben is telling them to follow the rules. They want to try and whip it together on their own, Ben is saying no. Jermiah says that as a guy you’re supposed to just glance at a picture and then go ahead and do it and not worry about the pieces. Jana is not going to be pleased about this. Ben is trying to direct them but it’s not really going so well. Josiah says that they are making it more complicated then it needs to be. And I think that he is right. Calling it now Jeremiah is courting because…he’s being shown a lot. It’s Lauren Caldwell. :P I am joking. I swear to god. “Uh oh. Here comes Jana.” She says that it looks great. Jana is surprised at how fast they got it pulled together. I am sure that she could do it faster if she wanted. It was what Jana envisioned and they did a great job. Shes telling the girls that it looks good. All the brothers are excited for Joe and theyre gaining a new sister. It’s going to be neat to see him starting his own family and everyone knows that he’s ready for it. Joe will be missed and it will be a large hole that will be left there. The boys are officially done. It will be a special keepsake for Joe and Kendra’s house once it’s signed.

Kendra can’t believe it. Neither can Joe. Surreal. 

They need to believe it. There is a TeeVee show about it. It is happening. 

21 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does she smile or worry because what if they are marrying someone like Josh?

For a minute my prego brain thought that Anna had actually said this out loud and I swear my eyebrows about flew off my face.

The difference between Kendra’s Mom and Michelle, at the dress shop, was staggering.  Kendra’s Mom is clearly overcome with emotion, while Michelle tries to pretend she too has those same emotions, all the while she has a big ass grin on her face and you know damn well she has no idea what Kendra’s mom is experiencing.  

1 minute ago, punkiepie said:

The difference between Kendra’s Mom and Michelle, at the dress shop, was staggering.  Kendra’s Mom is clearly overcome with emotion, while Michelle tries to pretend she too has those same emotions, all the while she has a big ass grin on her face and you know damn well she has no idea what Kendra’s mom is experiencing.  

The only one I can see Michelle possibly reacting like that to would be Josie. Possibly Jana, but only if there are several other offspring still living at home, and Michelle is thinking, "Crap, I actually have to do something now!"

They are in the church, hanging things. They’re setting up decorations according to Jeremiah. There’s a lot of prepwork to be done before the wedding. Three separate spaces. Chapel, the space for the rehearsal dinner, and then overflow. Miz Cindy is doing the wedding. Cindy doesn’t like to repeat the same design twice. For Jinger and Jeremy she created a giant V. For Joy and Austin it was confetti. So for Joe and Kendra its going to rain down rose petals during their irst kiss. In comes Jana, checking on things. All of the styles of the weddings have been slightly different, some things have been the same but tweaked toward each person’s style. Jana and Laura are bringing in the bench with the D and it says “Joseph and Kendra” on it. No I am not going to make any type of inappropriate jokes about D’s. But I am thinking of them.

The wedding is approaching quickly and it’s a switch for a boy to be getting married. Now Kendra is going to be Mrs. Duggar. It’s crazy. This is all according to Jessa. Joe isn’t that nervous for the rehearsal, he’s just really ready to get married. He’s really ready to kiss and other things. Kendra is excited and interested to see how all of it will place out in the rehearsal. The candles look really pretty and they are really excited. Kendra loves it, it’s absolutely amazing. It went with who they are. Joseph thinks that whatever Miz Cindy gets her hands on looks amazing. Joy looks so pregnant. Joe feels honoured that all the people who mean so much to him are there and are going ot be a part of this special time in his life. He’s getting a little teared up. 11 girls and a 11 guys, 22 in the wedding party, not including the flower girls and ring bearers. Jana is going through things with Kendra. They are talking about the wedding party. Joe is there as well. They are trying to figure out how they want it to look. They want to see how everyone will look. Kendra likes how it looks now. They are practicing the exit. “It was a wonderful magical kiss” says Laura. As long as the Maid of Honour and the Best man get the rings to them. That’s all that Kendra cares about.

Pastor Caldwell is super young looking. Jessa said that watching the rehearsal feels like the first time that the wedding seems close. Feels real for the first time. Austin wanted to do the wedding at the rehearsal. Now for the fun part says Jessa. Tomorrow pastor Caldwell will pronounce them something, today, nothing. Kendra is giggling. “You may now hug the Pastor.” Says Pastor Caldwell, as he hugs Kendra. How weird is it for him? I know they’re fundies but she is so young. Rehersal dinner is a special time for close friends and family to gather. Jinger sobbing at Jessa’s still sticks out in my mind. Jessa says after the wedding, there are usually so many people. Pastor Caldwell is talking and he says for all of them to pray for him around 6 the next day. Not Joe and Kendra they will be fine but for the blubbering father. Josiah looked to Joe over the years, he practically raised him. He has seen Joe mature, he’s not perfect but he is very close. He’s a very good guy and he is proud and excited. It’s more real for Josiah now. He knows that Joe will be around but there is a spot in the boys roo m that will be empty. Kendra has been such a role model for Lauren, she wants to be like Kendra. She treasures their friendship and the joy that Kendra brings their family every day and hse is doing to miss her. Lauren is crying and Kendra tells her that she loves her. Then I think that she starts crying too. She cries when someone she loves cries. I am the same way. Joy is starting to cry now. Austin is with her. She is so thankful for Joe, he changed her life, just through her teen years, she was having a hard time taking her parents faith as her own. Joe really befriended her and told her that he loved her and asked about her day. He meant a lot to her. I don’t know if Jeremy looks bored or it’s hard for him to watch Joy cry. Kendra is a best friend to Joy. When Joe came back from college he started to get the fire under the boys to really start to read their bibles. Joy thinks that her and Lauren were the emotional ones in the room, the most emotional. Of course she got emotional, she’s pregnant. As for Lauren…she’s young. Joe was definitely excited and he wanted to go to sleep because it makes the night pass quicker. Kendra is most excited about getting married and the first kiss.

11 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

It's self preservation. Michelle's body knows that if she cried at every one of her kids' weddings, dress fittings, baby's births, etc., she would just shrivel up and dehydrate. Best to just shut that shit down and not feel anything at all.

Also how does one forget to add spices to meatballs.

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's self preservation. Michelle's body knows that if she cried at every one of her kids' weddings, dress fittings, baby's births, etc., she would just shrivel up and dehydrate. Best to just shut that shit down and don't feel anything at all.

Also how does one forget to add spices to meatballs.

SOTDRT, bad reading comprehension. :P 

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The only one I can see Michelle possibly reacting like that to would be Josie. Possibly Jana, but only if there are several other offspring still living at home, and Michelle is thinking, "Crap, I actually have to do something now!"

Michelle is probably just sitting there thinking six weddings down  13 more to go. 

reading about Pastor Caldwell at the rehearsal makes me remember him joking to Joe at the alter about how much Dowry he owes because of how much Kendra cost to raise. that was a funny moment I thought. 

Wedding Day

It’s the wedding day today and Joe isn’t feeling as nervous as he thought that he would. It’s kinda exciting. He’s putting the letters in the beds for his siblings. I remember this. I remember thinking that it was sweet. Here comes the déjà vu. He can’t believe that it was the last night in this room. He’s been there for 22 years. No you haven’t. At least not in that exact room. It’s a change but he doesn’t mind it too much.

Kendra’s house.

It will be good to get their faces all smooth. She feels amazing so far. She will be more nervous the closer it gets to time. Lauren is crying already. She asks if Kendra slept well last night. She said that she slept really well. She’s looking forward to the first kiss. She’s ready to go to the church and get her hair down. Kendra didn’t have the urge to kiss him for a very long time but the closer it got the wedding, the more she wanted to kiss him. It’s super special and she couldn’t wait to do IT. Yep I am thinking about the big it. “She will definitely do her part, once I get there.” You’re not talking about the damned kiss are you Joe?

Pictues and more pictures of Joe and Kendra. Now the church.

Kendra is walking in with a laundry basket. Laura is hugging her and asking her if she slept last night. Laura is clearly quite excited. I keep mixing between Laura and Lauren so it’s coming out Laurea. If you see that…my mind has wandered. Jinger is there talking to Kendra as well. What to do first? Makeup, that way the curls last longer. She hugs Jill who looks a bit disinterested and then michelle. She being Kendra. Joe loves everything about Kendra. She’s a beautiful girl inside and out and she’s going to be the best wife ever. It’s nice for Kendra to get her makeup done. The three months felt like a long time for some reason. She still can’t believe she’s getting married. The Bachelor to the Rapture JD is tying his tie. I am still mad that they cut that out of the final edit. Theyre doing a first look and she thought that it would be super special. Joe is really anxious to see Kendra today and Kendra wants it to be special so not until she gets in her wedding dress and all done up. She got her way. Joe is trying to figure out his tie. Spurgeon is sitting down playing on a phone or iPad. “Just because you’re the best man doesn’t meant that you’re any better then the rest of us.” Says Jeremiah to Josiah. Having all my brothers as groomsmen is really special to me. Even turd? I wouldn’t have Turd anywhere near a wedding. Suppose if they put him on the end it will be easier to cut him out. Jana is trying to pin boutineers. Because she’s Jana and that’s what she does. Each stage brings a new wave of reality and when Jana pinned that flower on him it hit him. Kendra’s hair gives me serios hair envy. Kendra’s Mom is asking about how she’s feeling. She looks like she might cry. Kendra wanted to have her Mom as a bridesmaid because she’s one of her best friends. Having Lauren as her maid of honour and her dad is officiating. So Mom had to be there. Kendra seems to be relaxed says Jinger. She’s just ready for the day and the ceremony to begin.

Joy is really excited. She looks different with her glasses on. I didn’t’ recognize her for a second. Josie and Jordyn are helping with the cake decorating. I feel so bad for Jana, she has to the TH with the two little ones. Jordyn is concetraiting on what she is doing. She’s so cute. Josie is going to design her own cake and so is Jordyn. Jedidiah told her that she is doing a good and he’s asking if it’s her cake. He’s complimenting Josie as well. They seem to be enjoying themselves. It was something that they could help out with and it made them feel special says Jessa.

Kendra is walking out in her dress. Her Dad is ready to see her for the first time. Noe he looks like he’s going to cry and if I remember correctly he does. Her Mom and Dad are hugging. It’s a hard time to let the first one go says Kendra. It has a little of Mommy’s ruffle from her dress. You’re always my Daddy says Kendra and Pastor Caldwell says that she will always be his girl. I am such a Daddy’s girl that this is warming my cold little heart. Poor Kendra she is really crying. It’s bittersweet says Pastor Caldwell. We raise our kids for this moment. It’s surreal. You are a little girl. I was a little girl at 19 but I was a little girl who could drink and was in her second year of university. Kendra is very emotional.  

It's such a sharp contrast to see the Caldwell parents interact with Kendra in such a genuine way. You really get the sense they love her and understand her as more than just one of a zillion kids. She seems to have a nice relationship with them and the emotions they were all showing were so real as compared to Emotional Zombie Michelle and Jim Bob (aside from Jill's wedding).

So Josie and Jordyn decorated the cakes with flowers. I hope Josie didn’t lick that cake first. Lolololololololol........

This Jim Bob and Michelle scene is so awkward to watch. Also Joe wanting to find a spouse like Michelle, shudder. 

But damn, Jim Bob has fantastic hair for a man of his age. As thick as a damn carpet. His poor sons...

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived