IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Someone might have already addressed this- but I thought I saw Jill Rodriguez in a navy blue dress and her husband is standing right behind her. After the wedding, when Joe was giving a speech saying he was looking around at everyone who has meant something to him over the years. I haven't followed her story very much- but I thought she was not friends with the duggars/bates?

Au contraire! JRod has been BLESSED SEVERELY by her DEAR acquaintances friends the Duggars and Bates[es] and has attended SEVERAL of their weddings in HIGHLY DOCUMENTED fashion.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people just don't care about food, or how it tastes. They just eat it to feel full. I am like that. I don't care how my food tastes, if it has got all the fancy spices, I just eat it to feel full. I eat to live, not live to eat. Having to eat is an inconvenience, I just eat whatever I can, and that is semi-healthy, just so I will feel full, and can get on with more fun activities. Maybe the Duggars are the same. 

10 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Someone might have already addressed this- but I thought I saw Jill Rodriguez in a navy blue dress and her husband is standing right behind her. After the wedding, when Joe was giving a speech saying he was looking around at everyone who has meant something to him over the years. I haven't followed her story very much- but I thought she was not friends with the duggars/bates?

If JRod had indeed attended, I can't believe she wouldn't have mentioned it. Or at least hinted around it very very obviously. 

The canned chicken that is canned like Tuna isn't bad IF you rinse it off before you use it. I use it for chicken salad and if I'm in a pinch chicken and noodles, though it is better with fresh cooked, it is still pretty good with the canned, at least the way I make, no one has ever complained about it.  But I shred it pretty good, and with enough seasoning and the proper broth its just fine.

I use canned chicken in a few recipes - like my buffalo chicken dip. It's less greasy than using a "real" chicken. :) 

I'm still trying to get through this wedding special but I'm so creeped out by Michelle. When Kendra is trying on her dress and her mom is upset and says she's emotional and Michelle repeats "yes. Emotional." it's so sinister to me. She's just staring, transfixed with that smile on her face. 

16 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm still trying to get through this wedding special but I'm so creeped out by Michelle. When Kendra is trying on her dress and her mom is upset and says she's emotional and Michelle repeats "yes. Emotional." it's so sinister to me. She's just staring, transfixed with that smile on her face. 

I could use some of whatever Michelle is on to get through the monotony of today. I'm about to spork my eyes out, and it isn't even noon.

The not putting spices is because they didn't follow the recipe closely.  Jessa has talked in the past about how she doesn't follow recipes, not even when make cookies from scratch.  She started to say that when she was describing why the meatballs didn't have spices but she trailed off.  

Back to the episode, I am rewatching it since the first time I was balancing the books and didn't really pay attention and also my husband came home and he hates the Duggars with a fiery passion.  I'm impressed to see Joe installing the electric.  I think we can say that the boys do a lot of work on the Duggar properties that we don't know about.  I also can't believe what sort of terrible condition the house was in a week prior to the wedding.  No way that place was ready in time.  

Seriously. It really disturbs me how emotionally detached she seemed but still trying to insert herself into the scene. Why cant she just be silent in those moments? The way she tries so hard to go through the motions of having feelings is so creepy.

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I could use some of whatever Michelle is on to get through the monotony of today. I'm about to spork my eyes out, and it isn't even noon.

From some of the rumors I have come across, Michelle has long since checked out.  

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

From some of the rumors I have come across, Michelle has long since checked out.  

Yes she has. Probably years ago. 

I thought it looked like she didn't know how to act in this situation (and in front of cameras) when it wasn't one of her daughters as the bride.  Thus the weird, breathy gushings and inserting of self etc.  

25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

any specific rumors?

Michelle says "I'm very excited that Joseph is getting married" while looking less excited than I do when my dog finally stops spinning in circles and takes a dump.
Michelle is so compartmentalized she is not able to express appropiate emotions.

talking about Michelle and emotion just think she's known Kendra for years. Jessa claims Kendra is like a sister and Joy seems to consider her a good friend. they have known the Swanson's for years also but how closely is the question not yet answered. Michelle met them the first time  when Josie was a baby that was actually captured on an episode.  yet knowing these girls for so long she still seems just off. 

I can't imagine what would happen if one of the boys married a girl the family just didn't know in a Ben or Jeremy type situation. 

30 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

any specific rumors?

I found the exact quote:

"my impression of Michelle was that, generally speaking, she's just bored AF with life.  She was napping when we got there, woke up and ate a bowl of ice cream, and then spent the rest of our visit sitting at the kitchen table appearing to be....just bored.  Not rude, exactly, but just.....distant.  Disinterested.  Bored.  Exactly as she appeared at the dress shop.  And just like she did with the cap sleeves exclamation on this episode, it was like every now and then she'd remember other people were there and would pipe up with a random comment in a voice so fake-y enthusiastic it was almost cringe-worthy."

5 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

If JRod had indeed attended, I can't believe she wouldn't have mentioned it. Or at least hinted around it very very obviously. 

It's pretty easy to track JRod's movements because of her incredible need to overshare on facebook, especially when travelling.  She was definitely not at the JoeKen wedding nor at the Joy wedding.  The Joy wedding they made a big deal of being engaged elsewhere, and while I can't remember what they were doing for the JoeKen wedding (was that during the time Jill was making such a big deal about how it was SO NICE to be home?), they haven't been anywhere near AR in a long time.  They were travelling out eastward regularly for a while, but lately, they've been mostly travelling North/South.  

I  think there was a Rodrigues falling out with both the Bates and the Duggars.  I reference this occasionally, and I always forget to come back and clarify, but here is my reasoning:

Strike #1: Jill Rod reveals Jinger's wedding date to the masses, despite being clearly asked to keep it private. 

Strike #2: Jill Rod shows up at Michael Bates wedding, dresses her younger girls in frilly, white dresses that clearly resemble flower girl dresses, and sits her family IN THE FRONT ROW in a desperate attempt to get screen time.  Then overwhelms a clearly not-comfortable Michael at the reception for photos.  Also, these might be flipped in order because I can't remember if Michael married before Jinger.  

Strike #3: Jill posts a picture of Joy's invite (to prove to us that she was invited).  It's clear the invite is not meant for public consumption, and in the photos you can make out some "notes" that are...less than classy.  Such as one suggesting that they may not have room to accommodate all the guests that RSVP, so plan ahead!

At this point, the relationship does seem to have cooled a bit.  When in the area, the Duggars do not really HOST the Rods, they only let them park in the driveway and use the laundry (Jill's posts and photos both suggest they were not welcome in the main house and could only use the laundry room (which IIRC is off their garage) and play in the yard.   There are comments about this incredible lack of hospitality from the Duggars).  

Nail in the coffin: Jill is asked not to post photos of her trip to the Duggar Compound.  She does anyway.  While she takes them down shortly after posting them and admits she was asked not to post for privacy reasons, it's too late.  Pickles has them and runs with them.

Tori Bates Wedding: No invite.  This is the FIRST Bates wedding the Rods have not been invited to.

JoeKen Wedding: No invite.

Since then, Jill has made some rather pointed comments about women who were raised skirts only and used to be examples, but since have fallen and now wear pants, now dress in a more secular fashion, etc.  It's interesting that she didn't start making these comments when Alyssa or Jinger started wearing pants, but only after she stopped getting invites to weddings.  Also, while she still loves the Kellers, she no longer makes such an obnoxious deal about the fact that they're Anna DUGGAR's family.

What happened?  Was it just Jill's conduct and inability to understand privacy that made the Duggars and Bates pull back?  Or was she trying to get Duggar/Bates boys for her girls and became offended when they weren't interested?  Or was it all of the above? But what made Jill fall out with Michele and Kelly?

Join us next week on Unsolved Mysteries: Fundie Edition.

14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I found the exact quote:

"my impression of Michelle was that, generally speaking, she's just bored AF with life.  She was napping when we got there, woke up and ate a bowl of ice cream, and then spent the rest of our visit sitting at the kitchen table appearing to be....just bored.  Not rude, exactly, but just.....distant.  Disinterested.  Bored.  Exactly as she appeared at the dress shop.  And just like she did with the cap sleeves exclamation on this episode, it was like every now and then she'd remember other people were there and would pipe up with a random comment in a voice so fake-y enthusiastic it was almost cringe-worthy."

where does this quote come from? 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

where does this quote come from? 

Previous TV forum Counting On thread. Not sure if I can share the link or not. The person who shared this has a BIL who did some business with Gil Bates. This person tagged along and the Duggars were visiting. 

Some people just don't care about food, or how it tastes. They just eat it to feel full. I am like that. I don't care how my food tastes, if it has got all the fancy spices, I just eat it to feel full. I eat to live, not live to eat. Having to eat is an inconvenience, I just eat whatever I can, and that is semi-healthy, just so I will feel full, and can get on with more fun activities. Maybe the Duggars are the same. 
And this is probably very true for for the Josh through Jed/Jer kids. They remember the hard times when mom and dad were "waiting on the Lord" when there was no food in the house and no money to buy food.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Yes she has. Probably years ago. 

From an armchair physiological stand point I think Michelle suffers from untreated PTSD & depression.  I've read several studies (my armchair just happens to have a degree to go with it but I'm not a licensed or completely trained therapist) where parents of micro premies and preterm infants can and do go through a trauma, the very real fear that they will lose their child, compounded by weeks and or months of stress caring for a sickly newborn, is emotionally scaring. As M dealt with Josie and her own health issues, she gets pregnant AGAIN, against doctors wishes, then this babies dies, inutero, her body was the babies sole source of life and it failed.

She was not allowed proper grieving time for Jubilee. The final turd on her shit sundae was never being able to conceive again. Being pregnant was her ENTIRE LIFE for over 20 years, and it was also over.  She should have gotten therapy and meds to deal with everything at that time.  She's over whelmed with too many children, an inflexible husband & lifestyle and she's just retreated into herself as much as she could to cope. Boob is too self absorbed to really care that his wife is a shell,  as long as she puts out and smiles sweetly at him.

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

From an armchair physiological stand point I think Michelle suffers from untreated PTSD & depression.  I've read several studies (my armchair just happens to have a degree to go with it but I'm not a licensed or completely trained therapist) where parents of micro premies and preterm infants can and do go through a trauma, the very real fear that they will lose their child, compounded by weeks and or months of stress caring for a sickly newborn, is emotionally scaring. As M dealt with Josie and her own health issues, she gets pregnant AGAIN, against doctors wishes, then this babies dies, inutero, her body was the babies sole source of life and it failed.

She was not allowed proper grieving time for Jubilee. The final turd on her shit sundae was never being able to conceive again. Being pregnant was her ENTIRE LIFE for over 20 years, and it was also over.  She should have gotten therapy and meds to deal with everything at that time.  She's over whelmed with too many children, an inflexible husband & lifestyle and she's just retreated into herself as much as she could to cope. Boob is too self absorbed to really care that his wife is a shell,  as long as she puts out and smiles sweetly at him.

I think Michelle's issues came WAAAY before Josie or Jubilee. she broke down after five kids. even from the first special she seemed checked out. she was a baby factory and that was it. she cared for a baby for six months and passed it to a buddy.  Michelle's own family thought she was crazy. Jimmy Duggar once talked about what both he and Michelle's dad thought of all those kids. in one special one of Michelle older sister was talking about how after nine kids they just figured she was never going to stop so why ask anymore. (those might not have been the exact words but it was the jist) 

Michelle was the baby of the family with older parents who seem to have been indulgent. she got herself into kool-aid drinking fundyland and didn't know how to handle it even with smaller family.  

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think Michelle's issues came WAAAY before Josie or Jubilee. she broke down after five kids. even from the first special she seemed checked out. she was a baby factory and that was it. she cared for a baby for six months and passed it to a buddy.  Michelle's own family thought she was crazy. Jimmy Duggar once talked about what both he and Michelle's dad thought of all those kids. in one special one of Michelle older sister was talking about how after nine kids they just figured she was never going to stop so why ask anymore. (those might not have been the exact words but it was the jist) 

Michelle was the baby of the family with older parents who seem to have been indulgent. she got herself into kool-aid drinking fundyland and didn't know how to handle it even with smaller family.  

Good point. Regardless of when, but I think she just goes through the motions. 

25 minutes ago, SamuraiKatz said:
9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Read more  

And this is probably very true for for the Josh through Jed/Jer kids. They remember the hard times when mom and dad were "waiting on the Lord" when there was no food in the house and no money to buy food.

When did the Duggars not have money for food? I know things were scarce with that many but I never heard they went Hungry. Jim Bob as a child often went without we know but not his kids. 

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

When did the Duggars not have money for food? I know things were scarce with that many but I never heard they went Hungry. Jim Bob as a child often went without we know but not his kids. 

I think that comes from comments like jIll saying she went to the bathroom to eat and Jessa making comments about how fast they would eat so they were sure to get seconds of the good stuff. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived