IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

I just watched the wedding episode and I was surprised by how... horny isn’t the right word, but Kendra kept obsessing over the kissing during the actual wedding. Make it long, make it right... just sad that she clearly had anxiety over her first kiss and it had to not only happen in front of a thousand people, but televised too. 

Also sad how she couldn’t feel calm unless she was with her dad (I refuse to call him daddy blech) or Joe. She transferred her dependence from one man to another. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/27/2018 at 9:12 PM, fluffernutter said:

Someone might have already addressed this- but I thought I saw Jill Rodriguez in a navy blue dress and her husband is standing right behind her. After the wedding, when Joe was giving a speech saying he was looking around at everyone who has meant something to him over the years. I haven't followed her story very much- but I thought she was not friends with the duggars/bates?

I know everyone has already debunked the likelihood of Jill R being at the wedding, but I grabbed some screenshots of everyone caught on camera in the vicinity of Joe while he was giving his speech and I saw several women in blue dresses, but none who looked like Jill R to me. 

Pics in spoiler.

Spoiler

5abc75ed805ad_JandKGuests1.thumb.PNG.04aa10e1ec1330524cf0a0242bec1939.PNG5abc75e5bd35c_JandKGuests2.thumb.PNG.2d7d67c4402a30016fd3652726439854.PNG5abc75de81ab5_JandKGuests3.thumb.PNG.bd9cde153ebfd3c2b2acfd8365c67314.PNGJ_and_K_Guests_4.thumb.PNG.2867bc9e6afa01dd8cd522e0194607f7.PNGJ_and_K_Guests_5.thumb.PNG.cceaf760211246a4f55395c613760eb4.PNG

I also took some pics of all the women standing around waiting for the bouquet toss and then the men's "football toss" (which I assume replaces the garter toss).

Spoiler

5abc75c6366b5_JandKGuests6.thumb.PNG.e6864b53cc6f7890e9bc2a7818e6bba1.PNG5abc75bee4961_JandKGuests7.thumb.PNG.2ccbd785ec2c9f6df229bb397611b983.PNG

Interestingly, from the crowds shown in the reception pictures, this looks like it was a much smaller crowd than at previous Duggar weddings. In the shots of the service itself, there are even a lot of empty seats, especially up the sides. It's certainly still not *small*, but looks *smaller* than the 1000 people they kept talking about in the past.

Spoiler

5abc77f4965df_JandKEmptySeats.thumb.PNG.0dff7517b1b47369372e5d80496b688e.PNG

Conversely, it looks like there was a lot more real food served, since they show a bunch of people with full plates including spinach dip, breads, etc. Presumably because as the bride and parents of the bride the Caldwells may have had an actual say in the food served rather than it being all what JB and Michelle wanted? (Confession, I thought it actually looked really nice in the dark with the candles. I like real flames and they went well with the decorating theme.)

Spoiler

5abc774f5ad2f_JandKFood.thumb.PNG.b99906b23481857d133162d5bce6353d.PNG5abc7748359a3_JandKFood2.thumb.PNG.15ac0719e638cb8ad222bd0c68498060.PNG

Does TLC decide where they go on their honeymoons? More importantly do they pay for it. For some reason I can't picture these two choosing Greece, more likely Branson. The giggling by her is past annoying, doesn't she realize how grating it is?

You guys, I just got my in-laws' Xfinity Comcast password and realized that on the Xfinity website I can watch Counting On, Sister Wives, Bringing up Bates, everything. After not having cable for years this is VERY exciting. I usually download things from sketch websites to watch.

So I caught up with the wedding special last night. It's interesting that at the end in the previews for next season they already had footage of Jokens honeymoon, their pregnancy reveal, Josiah asking Lauren to court, other stuff. Why not just make a full 22 episode season and show it all and be caught up? I don't understand why TLC is doing this dumb model.

I watch counting on via my raspberry pi using kodi , it always shows the title of the next not aired episode.

This time it says  " joy's birth story". I am not sure if this will air as a special next or is the first episode of the next season.

I refuse to watch this show. I don't want to give TLC ammunition for keeping them on the air. lol

10 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Hey, I'm wicked late to this party, but this is an imperforate, not what is colloquially known as an "intact" hymen. Even those with a microperforate hymen (hey guys! TMI! I had one, I needed surgery, and it was terrible!) menstruate regularly. A normal hymen covers less than 50% on the vaginal opening, mine covered like 90%, and I had normal periods. Sex was impossible, though. Too painful. If a fundie bride DID have an imperforate or microperforate hymen, she couldn't have sex on her wedding night without extreme physical pain, possibly resulting conditions such as vaginismus and anxiety, and PTSD. (Don't ask me how I know this, I just found out the hard way). BUT while the existence of a hymen maaaay prove virginity, a woman could also lose her hymen though rigorous physical activity, and not the sexytimes kind. So she could still be a "virgin" (god I hate that word) and not have any visible hymen tissue remaining. This has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood woman with absolutely no boundaries who talks about her vagina on the internet. :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

As to Michelle, my armchair diagnosis is that she has been royally fucked up (TM). I don't know if this is because of the cult, an overwhelming amount of kids, years of want, her lost pregnancies, no longer being the star, having no control anymore, or a combination of everything, but none of the factors listed above could have helped. I'm angry at her because of the way she's ruined her children's lives, but at the same time, I feel bad for this sad, hollow shell of a woman.

Septate hymen over here.  Sex wasn't impossible the first time, but it was a hell of a lot less fun than I'm guessing it would have been otherwise.  At least I knew it was there going into it, so I didn't judge all sex on that first time.

3 hours ago, terenceneill said:

Does TLC decide where they go on their honeymoons? More importantly do they pay for it. For some reason I can't picture these two choosing Greece, more likely Branson. The giggling by her is past annoying, doesn't she realize how grating it is?

I kind of wonder this too because Greece and Switzerland seem so random for fundies. Plus from what I gather from the recaps of Joy and Austin, they didn't seem to know much about the country at all.

8 hours ago, metheglyn said:

nterestingly, from the crowds shown in the reception pictures, this looks like it was a much smaller crowd than at previous Duggar weddings. In the shots of the service itself, there are even a lot of empty seats, especially up the sides. It's certainly still not *small*, but looks *smaller* than the 1000 people they kept talking about in the past.

If I heard correctly they were planning on about 200 people.  

With the Caldwells in charge of the event (hosting the reception for their daughter's wedding) they probably just put on the wedding they could afford and put on a reception with real food.    (I doubt if this concept will rub off on the Duggars)   

The rehearsal dinner looked almost as big as the reception.   (what little I saw of it)

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I kind of wonder this too because Greece and Switzerland seem so random for fundies. Plus from what I gather from the recaps of Joy and Austin, they didn't seem to know much about the country at all.

Joy and Austin going to Switzerland made a little sense because of the outdoorsy activities you can do there. Greece not at all (unless there is some interest of Kendra we don't know).

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Joy and Austin going to Switzerland made a little sense because of the outdoorsy activities you can do there. Greece not at all (unless there is some interest of Kendra we don't know).

The Apostle Paul traveled extensively through regions of what is now Greece. (Not a fan of Paul). If Joe and Kendra are big fans of Paul and his letters, I can see them going to Greece and Traveling in Paul's footsteps, as that would be really religious without going to the Holy Land.

I've heard that a lot of right wing crazy types love Switzerland for some reason, so I kind of wondered if there was a political component to Joy and Austin's choice. Obviously like most of their political and religious beliefs, that wouldn't be shared with their TLC viewers.

I caught up on the wedding episode earlier this morning. 

The wedding is 'small' but still much larger then my wedding is going to be. Honestly, the reception was way more classy/fancy then the Duggar weddings. The Caldwells had to be in charge. They were probably able to afford a nicer reception because over all they were feeding a not-insane amount people. I wonder if TLC chipped in. Still, way bigger then any wedding I've attended by at least a hundred people. 

Joe and Kendra are acting like infatuated kids though. They're acting like this is my first boyfriend/girlfriend. Because it is their first relationship. While Kendra seems a little dependent, I don't think they're necessarily bad for each other. Joe seems to really care about Kendra. Just a little strange watching them get married. Now they're already having a baby. Maybe not what I should have started my morning off with but here we are.:lol:

19 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

I caught up on the wedding episode earlier this morning. 

The wedding is 'small' but still much larger then my wedding is going to be. Honestly, the reception was way more classy/fancy then the Duggar weddings. The Caldwells had to be in charge. They were probably able to afford a nicer reception because over all they were feeding a not-insane amount people. I wonder if TLC chipped in. Still, way bigger then any wedding I've attended by at least a hundred people. 

Joe and Kendra are acting like infatuated kids though. They're acting like this is my first boyfriend/girlfriend. Because it is their first relationship. While Kendra seems a little dependent, I don't think they're necessarily bad for each other. Joe seems to really care about Kendra. Just a little strange watching them get married. Now they're already having a baby. Maybe not what I should have started my morning off with but here we are.:lol:

I married my first boyfriend. The difference being I was 22 when I met him, lived with him for a few years and got married at 28.

Joe and Kendra are acting like infatuated kids because they ARE kids. I’m pretty sure I had more worldly experiences and life experience at 14 than they do at their age, and I was a pretty clean cut, goody-two-shoes kid. 

1 hour ago, Nargus said:

I married my first boyfriend. The difference being I was 22 when I met him, lived with him for a few years and got married at 28.

Joe and Kendra are acting like infatuated kids because they ARE kids. I’m pretty sure I had more worldly experiences and life experience at 14 than they do at their age, and I was a pretty clean cut, goody-two-shoes kid. 

So did I. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I've heard that a lot of right wing crazy types love Switzerland for some reason

And the Norwegians are just FLOCKING to the US in droves. Ya know, for Trump. 

;)

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

So did I. 

Same here. Husband was my first boyfriend and I was his fourth girlfriend (second serious relationship.) We were 19 when we got together, but 27 and 28 when we married. We also lived together for two years as well. Big difference between that experience and marrying your first boyfriend at 19 when you aren’t even allowed to be alone together until you say I do. 

It's one of the things that just always left me like wow. Marrying the first person that you want/wants you depending on your sex and then essentially getting married within 3 months all while someone is supervising your every move. It's just so mindblowing.

Happy that we seem to skip the „marrying young-marrying older“ disagreement this time. It always annoyed me to no end that while nobody here would argue that those sheltered and stunted children should blindly jump into marriage with the first person they are allowed to be romantically involved with (but never be alone with them and really get to know them) some always have to be very condescending about how stupid it is to marry young/your first bf/gf. If my parents would have talked to me like that when I told them I would get married at 22 I would have felt so hurt (and I admit it hurts me here and makes me very angry). It is good to talk about concerns but as a parent if you cannot trust your adult children to be able to make adult decisions for their own life maybe you did something wrong along the way?

So, while I married very young and we only knew each other for about a year (engagement after three months and that is when we moved in together) I am in no way advocating for the way those fundie circles are promoting as THE way to find a spouse and get married!

In regards to the questions about food shortages the Duggar kids might have faced, could it be only the boy's were allowed seconds or got first dibs? That's what it was like for us, anyways. If you didn't have a penis you went hungry, because the boy's needed more food than the girls did. 

I got really emotional watching Joy speak about how she loves Joe, and how het got her through her teen years, which I imagine means he got her through realizing what happened to her with Josh

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

In regards to the questions about food shortages the Duggar kids might have faced, could it be only the boy's were allowed seconds or got first dibs? That's what it was like for us, anyways. If you didn't have a penis you went hungry, because the boy's needed more food than the girls did. 

Ive seen this before.

I never got the impression that they were actually short on food, just that if they wanted extra they had to hurry because someone else would maybe snarf theirs faster. This is normal to me lol. I may be wrong.

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Yeah! My house too! But for us girls, we weren't allowed to have seconds because "boys don't like fat girls" Yeah.....have I ever mentioned my "mom" is fucked up? Oh. And guess what??? I'm 40 years old and like to eat!!! (and it shows!! And.....guys like me so......yeah....fuck you "mom") 

Boy I REALLY have some deep seated anger don't I ?? LOL

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived