IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

Yeah I'm not buying that a black woman sent her that email. Why would a black woman ask a white woman to write on something that has to do with black people? Doesn't make sense and Lori is one of the least qualified individuals to speak on the issue. 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Do you ever have anyone else ask you that question, Miss Lori?

"Miss Lori", is it?

You know, some part of me is wondering if Lori wrote this herself. 

As @Frog99 pointed out, she is absolutely desperate to go viral again.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

"Miss Lori", is it?

That jumped right out at me. It--and the rest of the so-called email-- reads like Lori's idea of how a black woman should speak to her.  The subservience is rife throughout. I don't believe for one second that anyone but Lori wrote this, with maybe a little help from one of the leghumpers in her sooper sekrit FB group. :?

A couple of years ago, one of Lori's flow chart doodles was posted on Facebook parent group that mostly consisted of black people. The flow chart was the one where she compared working moms to SAHMs. Most of the members on that group blasted Lori for that.

16 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That jumped right out at me. It--and the rest of the so-called email-- reads like Lori's idea of how a black woman should speak to her.  The subservience is rife throughout. I don't believe for one second that anyone but Lori wrote this, with maybe a little help from one of the leghumpers in her sooper sekrit FB group. :?

I was just coming here to say the same thing! It reads like Lori watched The Help and assumed that all black women speak like that to white woman. I bet you can count on one hand the number of conversations that Lori has had with a black woman that weren't service related (waitress, cashier, etc.). 

Just now, SueEllenMishke said:

I was just coming here to say the same thing! It reads like Lori watched The Help and assumed that all black women speak like that to white woman. I bet you can count on one hand the number of conversations that Lori has had with a black woman that weren't service related (waitress, cashier, etc.). 

Yes, thank you! The Help! I kept thinking, this sounds so familiar, but The Help had just slipped my mind. It fits perfectly with Lori, since in her mind that era is what she wants to take us all back to. :roll:

She's being compared to Paul now, so her head is going to swell to epic proportions today since Paul is more important to her than Jesus.

Your posts are like Paul’s letters to the churches. They keep us encouraged. They help me so much! Thank you for being bold to speak truth to this generation.

The Austin bomber was caught and then he blew him self up. The kicker as it relates to today's post. White kid targeting black people. 

Count me in with the ones who aren't buying that a black woman contacted Lori. 

And the "Miss Lori"? That right there is a giveaway that Lori wrote this herself. 

I work around a lot of black women, and none of them talk like that, nor would any of them come to me (a white woman) to ask how to raise their children. However, I have gone to some of them for advice on raising a biracial (adopted) son.

I’m almost surprised she hasn’t tackled this subject before.

She believes she has all the correct answers all the time and everybody should just do what she says. She has zero understanding of other perspectives. I also believe she wrote the email and is hoping to go viral again. The only tiny consolation may be that she has to read the responses before she deletes them so maybe she won’t try to pull such an asinine stunt again.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Speaking of the rod....these violence promoting Christians (disclosure I am a Christian and my faith is of utmost importance to me)  have it wrong in my opinion. I heard a sermon on this once and it common sense made sense. A shepherd uses a his rod and staff to guide his sheep -- gently.  If the sheep wanders off the path, he can gently put the rod out to guide the sheep back.  he's not beating his sheep for wandering....he's guiding. Just as the 23rd Psalm says: "your rod and your staff comfort me" -- the sheep find comfort in the gentle guiding of the shepherd.  It does not say "your rod and your staff harshly rebuke and beat me into submission".....

I agree with you.  If you think about it, Jesus never beat anyone into submission. There's only one instance of him getting violent and that was against the merchants who had turned the temple, the Father's house, into a marketplace. 

Jesus lead in love, self-sacrifice, humility, service, compassion, that's what we're called to do as God's children. (Ephesians 5: 1-2, Philippians 2:1-8).  

My daughter, who is a young Asian teenager, was subjected to horrendous racial bullying from a classmate this year. We met with the school administrators to seek help, and they expressed great compassion for the young white bully, telling us over and over how bad he felt. My daughter's feelings were not discussed.

For this reason, I have decided not to read Lori's page anymore. I don't need some white lady telling me race doesn't matter. I don't think it's healthy for me to read it anymore.

3 minutes ago, Hisey said:

My daughter, who is a young Asian teenager, was subjected to horrendous racial bullying from a classmate this year. We met with the school administrators to seek help, and they expressed great compassion for the young white bully, telling us over and over how bad he felt. My daughter's feelings were not discussed.

For this reason, I have decided not to read Lori's page anymore. I don't need some white lady telling me race doesn't matter. I don't think it's healthy for me to read it anymore.

I’m sorry, @Hisey.  I stopped reading Lori’s crap for months and had no personal reason other than that she was making me so very angry. I think she has driven away many of us over the years. She is vile and a monster. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

She’s attempting to go viral.

That was actually my first thought. For the past two weeks, I feel like she's unraveling in her missives.  Although she's always had her own brand of nutty, lately she seems to be screaming outloud for attention in the worst possible way. Kind of like yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater.  

Dave comments on yesterday's post about working mothers. If you are a mom that works you are choosing eternal death.

Dave says:

March 21, 2018 at 5:05 am

Yes, to this woman’s logic if you want to ‘blasphemy the Word of God’ in Titus 2 – the very being of JESUS.

Yes, if you choose God’s Deut 30:19 choice of “death” that He has set before you.

Yes, if you insist on interpreting through the language of the world and not through the language of God.

Yes, if you want to separate the hearts of fathers and children – Mal 4:6.

Yes, if you don’t fear God and keep His commandments – Eccl 12:14

Yes, if you will deny Christ, the very Word of God, come to the earth in the flesh, and dwelt among us.

But that’s a YES to eternal death.

Rather, “Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” Rom 12:2 – back to what you really know is right!

This is nothing new, but I find it so unbelievably frustrating that Lori is incapable of learning from literally anyone. Rather than having conversations with people like a normal human being, she assumes that everyone but her hates God and his ways and therefore she doesn’t have to learn from them. I’m not even suggesting she change any of her beliefs, but just the act of listening to other people would do her SO much good. Even among fundies, I’ve never seen someone so hardened to dialogue and learning new things. It’s almost impressive.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

"Miss Lori", is it?

If Lori wrote that herself, and I think she did, that says something about how she sees her position relative to anyone who isn't white.  'That's MISS Lori to you, you person who is beneath me.  Now get busy picking that cotton, I need a new, God-honoring, modest dress!' 

@Hisey I’m so sorry you and your daughter had such an experience. I’m sorry that school officials were dismissive in their responses. 

There is a FB page- Be the Bridge to Racial Unity. If you are not a POC, you have to refrain from commenting or posting for 3 months- only reading. I have found it very helpful. 

Maybe she is taking jabs at Ken for being friendly with a woman who is the opposite of "Miss Lori" (not white, works, wears whatever she wants, isn't obsessed with staying thin, has kids who are proud of who they are).  Ken has been quieter than usual online, since the Cayman Islands trip.

I do believe that this post just shows how much of a hidden racist she really is.  I really hope that she gets blasted in the comments on Facebook and her blog.  

Off topic, but I wonder what Lori's view is of the delete Facebook movement.  

ETA: don't know if I making sense. I'm freaking hungry. Lunch!! LOL

2 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Off topic, but I wonder what Lori's view is of the delete Facebook movement.  

I've thought of that too. Isn't facebook so wordly! Shouldn't she be concerned about all the information they collect. 

Interesting demos for the zip Lori lives in. Virtually no black people AT ALL. 

Race in Carlsbad (zip 92011), California

74.11% of people are white, 0.65% are black, 7.20% are asian, 0.00% are native american, and 0.09% claim 'Other'.

14.99% of the people in Carlsbad (zip 92011), California, claim hispanic ethnicity (meaning 85.01% are non-hispanic).

9 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Ken has been quieter than usual online, since the Cayman Islands trip.

Hasn't he, though?

Earlier in the week, she got herself all tied in knots over eternal salvation.  Several of her readers came right out and disagreed with her (which is almost unheard of in Lori Land).  I was certain The Horse of TRUTH would ride in to save her, but nope...not a sound out of him.  

There's been a lot of speculation that all is not well between Lori and Ken (or rather, things are worse than they already were).  I lean towards co-signing on that.

Ken going to the Caymans, the little jabs they were taking at each other in front of her readers, her talking about the thong clad women he saw on the beach,the immodest waitress that led her to make a video in the middle of the night.  It all spells trouble. 

The problem with Lori and Ken is that they never loved each other in the first place.  In the beginning, I think Ken might have hoped for something different, but he's beyond caring now.  He'll go along with pretty much anything that keeps her the hell off his case.

Lori, on the other hand, wanted money, someone to wait on her hand and foot, and undying devotion (in that order).  I think Ken is prone to looking, and that plays hell with her self esteem.  She doesn't want him, but she doesn't want anyone else looking at him either.  That's a threat to her income and her reputation.  

That move they talked about- that struck me as very strange.  I think there may have been more to that, and I am interested to see how it will shake out.

16 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

don’t understand why they don’t talk more about Jesus or follow his teachings. I guess it’s easier to follow the Old Testament because it has a lot of rules. Jesus basically said if you put god first and love your neighbor as yourself you will follow the other commandments by default. Jesus excepted everyone, even children. 

@Lgirlrocks   Right.  It would seem to be so logical but they dont.  I think it is because they are legalists.   They are tied into rules/to tangibles.  To right and wrong.  To obey.  To authoritarianism.  To black and white with no shades of grey (so to speak ).  It provides certainty, something they desperately want and need.   What they do not realize is that they are in complete opposition to what Jesus taught.  He is their Saviour and that is enough for them.  

"The opposite of faith is not doubt, it is certainty" - Anne Lamott

39 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori, on the other hand, wanted money, someone to wait on her hand and foot, and undying devotion (in that order).  I think Ken is prone to looking, and that plays hell with her self esteem.  She doesn't want him, but she doesn't want anyone else looking at him either.  That's a threat to her income and her reputation. 

It reminds me of the mid-century rich people with affairs (Kennedy's come to mind), that the men can have affairs but do not bring her around and do not sully the family name. In other words, be discrete. In those circles, the affairs were a known "secret" that nobody talks about. I think if Ken was observed looking  at other women by others Lori would go apeshit over her reputation and the fact that he wasn't be discrete.

IMO, Lori is vain, shallow and cares only about her reputation. (along with vile, child abuser and horrible teacher of anyone)

Oh, it's on in the comments section. Lori says she has a right to talk about whatever she wants. 

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh, it's on in the comments section. Lori says she has a right to talk about whatever she wants. 

Screenshot taken in case she deletes.  She has the nerve to say 'healing never comes from hate and division.'  Right, Lori, riiiiiiiight.  :pb_rollseyes:  She claims the right to talk about anything she wants...but she has absolutely no right to have her half-assed opinions taken seriously by anyone, ever.  

78934792834.jpg

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived