IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

As a Black woman, Lori doesn't know shit about race in America.  How dare she try and tell black folks how to behave!!! Come to Chicago and say that mess. She is the most ignorant person on the interwebz and her headship should make her go sit her ass down somewhere and stop looking like a damn fool. AARGH!!!!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jerkit,my first (and so far, only) tattoo was a shoddily done job by a disreputable joint near an Army post. My BIL has become an amazing tattoo artist and I've asked him to design something to cover it up. I can't wait to see it! I'll have to be patient, because now is his busy season- everybody getting their tax refund and spending it on tattoos, apparently.

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Now, I don't know about you all, but I would NEVER let one of my children get a tattoo. But after they turn 18, it's whatever's clever. I'll just point them to a high quality tattoo artist-not some wannabe that thinks he can draw.

I'm trying to convince a high schooler I know who wants to get a tattoo before she turns 18. I think I'm making progress by showing her pictures of my friends' regrettable high school tattoos that they've either lasered off or are saving up to do so now. Tattoos can be awesome, I just know too many people who rushed to get them as teens and it shows in the end product.

That said, I'd probably be afraid to ban any future kid from getting tattoos for fear they'd go to the cheapest, sketchiest place they can find that doesn't check IDs. I'd rather take them for a consult at a reputable shop even if I hated the idea!

If Lori say she has the right to talk about anything she wants to, who does she think gave her that right? Uh other women, feminism. 

23 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@jerkit,my first (and so far, only) tattoo was a shoddily done job by a disreputable joint near an Army post. My BIL has become an amazing tattoo artist and I've asked him to design something to cover it up. I can't wait to see it! I'll have to be patient, because now is his busy season- everybody getting their tax refund and spending it on tattoos, apparently.

My artist has said the same thing, that her busy season is tax return season!

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If Lori say she has the right to talk about anything she wants to, who does she think gave her that right? Uh other women, feminism. 

Isn't her big thing that we don't have any "rights" (<---as she calls them)?  She doesn't even think women should have the right to vote, but she can run her big mouth on the internet about anything she wishes?  Yeah, makes total sense.

Women shouldn't expect rights unless they just happen to be Lori Alexander.  In that cause they (or rather, she) can do anything they wish.

Look at this quote:

We don't deserve anything; that's right. We don't "deserve" anything.

That was directed towards women who dare to want (what Lori has declared is unbiblical) "love" from their husbands.

But Lori?  She can do "anything she wishes".  

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

Isn't her big thing that we don't have any "rights" (<---as she calls them)?  She doesn't even think women should have the right to vote, but she can run her big mouth on the internet about anything she wishes?  Yeah, makes total sense.

Women shouldn't expect rights unless they just happen to be Lori Alexander.  In that cause they (or rather, she) can do anything they wish.

Just like Serena Joy...and that worked out just wonderfully for her, didn't it?  :pb_rollseyes:

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

From Lori today:

"When I was growing up, we sang a song that went, “Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.""

Are you fucking kidding me?! Red and yellow. Red and yellow. I don't even have words to articulate how completely tone deaf and blindly racist this is.

The 1986 edition of the A Beka World history textbook written for high school sophomores opens with a chapter explaining the "division of races" and specifies them as "red, yellow, black and white". It is one of the most appalling things I encountered teaching in Christian school. We had a pretty diverse student population for a small private school and I just quietly skipped over that with my students. 

Of course, I quietly skipped over almost the entire book if I'm being honest. 

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

(and also- 'champerones'? Way to advocate for homeschooling, Lori.)

Exactly. And this sentence: "Not allowing your children to have tattoos and body piercings aren't oppression."

Grammar, Lori, it's a thing. In that sentence, the word "allowing" (a gerund) is your simple subject, so your verb needs to be singular. 

The shit is hitting the fan now. Comments on both of today's posts are coming so thick and fast she'll never be able to keep up with them all. She's either going to have to call in Ken (do I hear hoofbeats in the distance? Or has he put his white horse out to pasture considering how little we've heard from him lately?), start deleting comments, or just delete both posts altogether. 

Don't delete, Lori! You can't go viral if you delete! :pb_lol:

ETA: I wish I could like every one of Adrienne Crutchfield's comments on that "Black Pride" post. She is handing Lori her "Christian" backside on a platter.:clap:

HAHAH one of the comments points out she spelled it as "champerones". Another trademark trying to go viral. 

I think she does it on purpose. Its tudor all over again. 

So now she quotes Galations!! I Think someone posted that back during her women not made in God's image post and she deleted it.

Spoiler

rolledupearth.thumb.PNG.779d8b545f88b6f66686dbd8967d6155.PNG5ab2d96f41877_lorishellatruthdoesntcomebackvoid.thumb.PNG.32e69d6d8044ad8feed68e3d69bf5cc6.PNG

Spoiler

loriquotinggalations.thumb.PNG.f03883279ae4c393c9af5a16d06c0541.PNG

IMG_3135.PNG

24 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

duggarsrolemodel.PNG

My parents never not once rationally and reasonably discussing their weird conviction choices is one of my biggest gripes of my childhood. We lost out on so much, and don't even have a semi valid reason for it. 

1 hour ago, December said:

I'm trying to convince a high schooler I know who wants to get a tattoo before she turns 18. I think I'm making progress by showing her pictures of my friends' regrettable high school tattoos that they've either lasered off or are saving up to do so now. Tattoos can be awesome, I just know too many people who rushed to get them as teens and it shows in the end product.

That said, I'd probably be afraid to ban any future kid from getting tattoos for fear they'd go to the cheapest, sketchiest place they can find that doesn't check IDs. I'd rather take them for a consult at a reputable shop even if I hated the idea!

In New York, it’s illegal to tattoo anyone under 18, even with parental consent(a shop in my area got in trouble for that several years ago).  

I've got both discussions as of about 5 minutes or so ago saved in screenshots, in case she decides to delete.  

She just purged at least 10 comments from the doodle posts. All the references to the misspellings are gone. But a new one just popped up. Then there is this one. 

ebonynewport.PNG

What she got rid of was any negative reference to the Duggars. They must be protected.

I admit that even up until maybe four years ago I was one of those "I don't see colors" people. But then I was smacked in the face with reality and a big piece of humble pie. I'm thankful that God opened my eyes and I'm so thankful to be in a Christian counseling program that addresses these issues in a gentle,yet no less startling, way. I've learned to listen so much better now to the story of others. I wish Lori could experience the same. She has no idea how freeing it can be. She'd much rather stay in her ivory tower with her misused KJV throwing rocks at people. How utterly sad.

From the comments on her blog

"No people groups deserve to be excommunicated or deserve gossip and scorn but we live in a wicked and adulterous world and many are being deceived by the prince of the power of the air so these things are to be expected. Life will NEVER be fair."

Is she for real? Uh, thanks Miss Lori. 

Unpopular opinion: I agree that she has the right to say whatever she likes about any subject of her choosing. In return have the right to think she's an asshat. Most people however, have better sense than to pick a topic that they know nothing about and try to become the voice of reason. 

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

That jumped right out at me. It--and the rest of the so-called email-- reads like Lori's idea of how a black woman should speak to her.  The subservience is rife throughout. I don't believe for one second that anyone but Lori wrote this, with maybe a little help from one of the leghumpers in her sooper sekrit FB group. :?

While I do think Lori is an idiot and a racist, mysoginistic, hateful one at that - when I was growing up, we were taught to call all adult women "Miss" with their first name if they were not our aunts, grandmothers, etc.  It's a term of respect. But I do think Lori could well have written the email. And she probably does get her information from The Help.

10 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The Austin bomber was caught and then he blew him self up. The kicker as it relates to today's post. White kid targeting black people. 

I think that was the original thought ,but from what I've read and from what my sister who lives in Georgetown said they have heard - it might not be because of that.  However, it's still early in the investigation and it may turn out that it had a lot to do with it.

She has deleted sooo many scathing comments on her doodle about the precious Duggars. 

I love how topics like racism, oppression, sexual abuse or mental illness are  storms in a teacup but 'keeping a neat and tidy home so your husband is pleased' requires scores of writings and a lifelong ministry. 

19 minutes ago, cara said:

She has deleted sooo many scathing comments on her doodle about the precious Duggars. 

I love how topics like racism, oppression, sexual abuse or mental illness are  storms in a teacup but 'keeping a neat and tidy home so your husband is pleased' requires scores of writings and a lifelong ministry. 

It's because all those things wouldn't happen if the house was clean ~sarc~ At least this is how it works in her world. 

@Briefly,  I don't think Lori got her use of "Miss Lori" from The Help but from Imitation of Life, the late 50s version with Lana Turner and Juanita Moore and directed by Douglas Sirk. Lana's character is called Miss Laura by her maid Annie, played by the wonderful Miss Moore.

I don't think calling women by Miss followed by their first name is done much anymore outside of preschool.  I could be wrong about that though.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Briefly,  I don't think Lori got her use of "Miss Lori" from The Help but from Imitation of Life, the late 50s version with Lana Turner and Juanita Moore and directed by Douglas Sirk. Lana's character is called Miss Laura by her maid Annie, played by the wonderful Miss Moore.

I don't think calling women by Miss followed by their first name is done much anymore outside of preschool.  I could be wrong about that though.

People do it--I've seen it done in the south--but I don't think it's a stereotypically "Black" thing to do, as Lori seems to. 

I can guess what happened with that post. Lori wanted to write about how dumb it is to have phrases like "Black Lives Matter." But every time she tried, even she knew it sounded like she was talking out of her ass. Dumb as she is, she still knew people would call her out for being a white woman with absolutely no personal experience with racial prejudice. 

So she invented a black woman (one of many, she'd like us to think) who wrote seeking her "advice." This black woman, coincidentally, agrees with everything Lori feels about race. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived