IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

Just a reminder because Lori seems to have forgotten the scripture. I used KJV even. I bolded the parts that she seems take issue with and argue over. 

Proverbs 31:10-16: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. n that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. 

I'm trying to figure out how you can "bring your food from afar" without leaving home often? Again, Lori really should've paid attention in her history lessons. Staying purposely ignorant and unwilling to learn is the definition of stupidity. 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don´t think Lori is a Christian. To only preach submission and being a keeper of the home won´t make you Christian, and she never ever writes about Jesus or His teachings. She don´t seem to have any personal relationship with Him. I often think of this story when I read Loris ramblings.

Spoiler

A man died  and waiting in a room to be interviewed. Another man was ahead of him. The door opened, the man entered, and the door closed. The man on the outside could hear the conversation on the other side of the door. The interviewer began: “I want you to tell me what you know about Jesus Christ.”

“Well, He was born of Mary in Bethlehem; he lived thirty-three years, spending the last three organizing his church, choosing his Apostles, and giving the gospel to direct our lives.”

The interviewer stopped him and said: “Yes, yes, that’s all true, but I want you to tell me what you know about Jesus Christ.”

“Well, he suffered and died so that we could have eternal life. Three days later he was resurrected so that we might return to Heavenly Father.”

The interviewer again stopped him and said, “All of what you have said to me is true.” The man was then invited to leave the room. After he left the door opened and the second man entered. As he approached the interviewer he fell upon his knees and cried, “My Lord, my God.”

My dad was the difinition of a Christ follower. He stoped to help people out on the side of the road. Gave money to people in need even when we couldn’t afford it. He read the Bible, studied it, and practiced what he preached. He did not want my mother to have to work, not because of the Bible but because he wanted to take care of her. He also wanted me, his daughter, to go to school and get a college degree so I could have a good job and take care of myself. The Bible is black and white on some issues but a lot of things are grey on purpose. God gave us brains so we can figure things out. There isn’t always one right way to do something. The Bible is MANS interpretation of what happened in the past. It’s MANS written accounts of interactions with god and Jesus. 

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

I'm trying to figure out how you can "bring your food from afar" without leaving home often?

Lori's definition of bringing food from afar is having Ken drive her to the next town over to get organic cheese made by cows, or ordering organic food from thrive. They have to deliver it so it comes from afar, right? 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Never ceases to amaze me. I captured this about an hour ago and held it waiting to post for when she deleted it and sure enough she did. 

candy1.thumb.PNG.f1841273192104b60b72945b2b0d2ed1.PNGcandy2.PNG.ab598c9e9af76898ccbfe494997b9434.PNG

That last bit at the bottom that talks of no protection for women is so true. My therapist helped consult for the first domestic violence laws written in CA. She said that initially it was quite difficult to train police to see battered women as victims. The protocol before was to arrest both parties and let the judge sort it out. Women were much less likely to report battery knowing that she would spend the night in jail and her kids would suffer. Then there was no guarantee that the judge would see her side. The most important question would have been, is your husband a good provider? Yes? Then why are you complaining?

29 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The protocol before was to arrest both parties and let the judge sort it out. Women were much less likely to report battery knowing that she would spend the night in jail and her kids would suffer. Then there was no guarantee that the judge would see her side. The most important question would have been, is your husband a good provider? Yes? Then why are you complaining?

Unfortunately, Nevada is still this way. They arrest both parties. I can say with certainty that Arizona is NOT (surprisingly enough). 

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

I don´t think Lori is a Christian. To only preach submission and being a keeper of the home won´t make you Christian, and she never ever writes about Jesus or His teachings. She don´t seem to have any personal relationship with Him. I often think of this story when I read Loris ramblings.

@Pink Muffin   I have yet to meet a Fundie who talks about Jesus except to talk about how He died and saved them.  But, Paul ... yes, they love Paul.  Personally, I think Lori has cult-views.  The people she follows like:  the Pearls and the preachers she has quoted (cant remember the names right now) but they were Calvinists.  This is on the "edge".  This is definitely not mainstream ... or even Fundie.  I think we have cultish views here.  With Lori, she talks the talk, but doesnt walk the walk ... not even the Fundie walk.  I think her whole blog is her way of controlling anyone she can.  She is not a Godly woman in any way that I can see.

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

The Bible is black and white on some issues but a lot of things are grey on purpose. God gave us brains so we can figure things out. There isn’t always one right way to do something. The Bible is MANS interpretation of what happened in the past. It’s MANS written accounts of interactions with god and Jesus. 

I think your dad sounds like a very nice man and a great father. I don't want you to be offended since I took that part out of what you said.

You said it very well, about the Bible being black & white in some spots and grey on purpose in other spots. That is basically what I tried to say a while back when I said that I don't take the Bible literally.  My word issues strike again!

Lori keeps saying the Proverb's wife planted a garden with her children (maybe, most likely. probably).

It's a  vineyard Lori. A. VINEYARD.  A vineyard is not a garden.  Or is that one of the things you didn't learn and don't remember from school/college.

17 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I think your dad sounds like a very nice man and a great father. I don't want you to be offended since I took that part out of what you said.

You said it very well, about the Bible being black & white in some spots and grey on purpose in other spots. That is basically what I tried to say a while back when I said that I don't take the Bible literally.  My word issues strike again!

You can’t take most of it literally because it doesn’t apply to us today. We no longer think it’s okay to atone our children when they don’t behave or have sex with servants, or our father, so we can have children. 

37 minutes ago, Liza said:

@Pink Muffin   I have yet to meet a Fundie who talks about Jesus except to talk about how He died and saved them.  But, Paul ... yes, they love Paul.  Personally, I think Lori has cult-views.  The people she follows like:  the Pearls and the preachers she has quoted (cant remember the names right now) but they were Calvinists.  This is on the "edge".  This is definitely not mainstream ... or even Fundie.  I think we have cultish views here.  With Lori, she talks the talk, but doesnt walk the walk ... not even the Fundie walk.  I think her whole blog is her way of controlling anyone she can.  She is not a Godly woman in any way that I can see.

I don’t understand why they don’t talk more about Jesus or follow his teachings. I guess it’s easier to follow the Old Testament because it has a lot of rules. Jesus basically said if you put god first and love your neighbor as yourself you will follow the other commandments by default. Jesus excepted everyone, even children. 

Lori's understanding of the lives on people is so ill informed and she refuses or is incapable of learning. She seems to think that when women had a garden in times of old that is was a garden that they simply pottered around in and that it only took up a small amount of time. My grandmother had 9 children and her husband would in the offshore fishing so was gone during the entire growing season. She planted and harvested enough vegetables to feed the entire family without ever having to buy vegetables. She also had animals, including chickens, sheep and a horse that had to be taken care of. Then there was all of the washing which was a several day event since everything was done on a washboard and as you can imagine, the clothes took a lot of scrubbing to get clean since everyone was working and playing outside in the dirt.  My grandmother was not an exception either as that was what most women did in her community. 

The idea that women had time to sit in the home and homeschool the children, make the house pretty,  bake for pleasure and cook 5 course meal is absurd. There was no time to do this.

I personally have little interest in gardening but my dad enjoys it and has planted large gardens in the past. It takes a lot of work just to keep it in order let alone harvest it. Crawling around picking beans takes time.

My grandma told us about having to pick strawberries by hand for a large farm when she was younger. When we were growing up it wasn't "liars go to hell", it was "liars go to such and such farm to pick strawberries". That's how bad it was for her. Of course, we didn't use this phrase seriously but I still say it occasionally. 

For supposedly being godless, feminist, heathens my friends and I talk about Jesus a lot. I see Jesus as being pretty witty and like to think he has/ had a sense of humor. Imagine all the heart attacks he gave his disciples? Breaking all social norms to talk to an unmarried Samaritan woman at a well? Lol I can just picture their blustery reactions. But seriously, I take Jesus as a model for compassion and hope to reflect that in my actions.  I'm a Jesus Feminist. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori keeps saying the Proverb's wife planted a garden with her children (maybe, most likely. probably).

It's a  vineyard Lori. A. VINEYARD.  A vineyard is not a garden.  Or is that one of the things you didn't learn and don't remember from school/college.

Lori should watch the BBC series about farming , Historical Farms.

She'd soon see how hard the women folk worked manual labour all day every day.

15 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'd pay serious money to see Lori spend a week or so on a farm with Ruth Goodman. Preferably the Victorian Farm or the Tudor Monastery Farm.  :pb_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Women can’t work all day. Lori said it’s to hard on women’s bodies so we have to stay home all day. We have to be a helpmate as long as we aren’t working outside of the home, even to garden. 

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My dad was the difinition of a Christ follower. He stoped to help people out on the side of the road. Gave money to people in need even when we couldn’t afford it. He read the Bible, studied it, and practiced what he preached. He did not want my mother to have to work, not because of the Bible but because he wanted to take care of her. He also wanted me, his daughter, to go to school and get a college degree so I could have a good job and take care of myself. The Bible is black and white on some issues but a lot of things are grey on purpose. God gave us brains so we can figure things out. There isn’t always one right way to do something. The Bible is MANS interpretation of what happened in the past. It’s MANS written accounts of interactions with god and Jesus. 

You make some very good points here. The Bible is not a book of law to apply to everyone else. People who use it that way tend to be very blind to their own weaknesses and to the way they break the very laws they are trying to impose on everyone else. They have poor self-awareness. 

Not only is the Bible not always black and white, there's a lot in there that doesn't apply to us, a lot that we can't understand and a lot that's very disturbing. You can't "live by the Bible", and I don't think we're meant to.  Jesus didn't tell us to "live by the Bible", he said many things, but not that.   Interestingly, Jesus didn't greet the children with a rod in his hand, he kept company with sinners and the group of people he rebuked most harshly were the very ones who thought they were doing everything right.  

Here's a song by one of my favorite Christian singers, Don Francisco. It tells the story of the woman who anointed Jesus' feet while he was having dinner at a pharisee's house (Luke 7).  

Lord have mercy. Lori Alexander, PRIVILEGED. RICH. WHITE. BITCH. has decided to tackle the topic of race and how Black women should raise their children. 

This is not good for my anxiety.

6 hours ago, onemama said:

Interestingly, Jesus didn't greet the children with a rod in his hand, he kept company with sinners and the group of people he rebuked most harshly were the very ones who thought they were doing everything right.  

Speaking of the rod....these violence promoting Christians (disclosure I am a Christian and my faith is of utmost importance to me)  have it wrong in my opinion. I heard a sermon on this once and it common sense made sense. A shepherd uses a his rod and staff to guide his sheep -- gently.  If the sheep wanders off the path, he can gently put the rod out to guide the sheep back.  he's not beating his sheep for wandering....he's guiding. Just as the 23rd Psalm says: "your rod and your staff comfort me" -- the sheep find comfort in the gentle guiding of the shepherd.  It does not say "your rod and your staff harshly rebuke and beat me into submission".....

It's so simple. I don't know how it was twisted into beating anyone....with words or the rod (or strap, hand, or other object)

I can't think of a more out of touch person that could have written this post. Why, WHY would an African-American woman e-mail Lori for her thoughts on race?? Did not happen. She denounces Black Pride. She tells African-American people that life isn't fair and not to grumble or complain about their lot in life. That they just need to work hard and love others and things'll be okay. She even gets in a "raise children who are a benefit to their culture." Sweet Jesus.

The color of one's skin means nothing.

SMDH. So, so hard. This has pissed me off more than anything Lori's ever written. The gall. 

30 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Lord have mercy. Lori Alexander, PRIVILEGED. RICH. WHITE. BITCH. has decided to tackle the topic of race and how Black women should raise their children. 

This is not good for my anxiety.

Gah why must she do these things? Well as she is someone with little concept of history, human behavior, psychology etc I'm not really surprised. 

Same with KB Davies, he's going around trying to quote studies that I'm guessing he has little knowledge of or training in research. 

14 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

SMDH. So, so hard. This has pissed me off more than anything Lori's ever written. The gall. 

Yeah. She says 'The color of one’s skin means nothing.,' but I bet she'd be the first one to bitch about blacks moving into 'her neighborhood.' 

She’s attempting to go viral. It’s a desperate plea for attention. Either that or she’s so dumb (or maybe conceited) and has no awareness whatsoever as to why she shouldn’t respond. 

She won’t be prepared for any contradicting responses on this one (and won’t have the intellectual capacity to keep up). 

I remember when Lori took on the Treyvon Martin case. It was disaster as she blamed divorced and Treyvon walking to the corner store for his death and not George Zimmerman or the fact a 911 dispatcher advised Zimmerman to stay in his truck and wait for police. She tried to say that it wasn't a race issue. At the time, Lori allowed a few comments disagreeing with her go up. One comment was from a black woman who said that she would no longer be following Lori's blog. On her Facebook, I recall a couple of black women left comments disagreeing with her.  She ended up deleting the post.

I'm not buying her latest claim about the woman e-mailing her.

As per usual, Lori has no clue. And she doesn't LISTEN to anything but her own voice!

3 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Yeah. She says 'The color of one’s skin means nothing.,' but I bet she'd be the first one to bitch about blacks moving into 'her neighborhood.' 

Totally agree. And I find that the people who say things like that, or that they're "color blind," are people who have never had to think much about their race and how it affects their lives. But she'd probably soften it up to be "concerned about crime" or "house values dropping" or "thug kids." She's learned nothing from her Trayvon Martin debacle. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived