IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

Good grief. I don't see what is s 'creative' about humiliating a child like this. What age are they even talking about? These people are twisted. 

Screenshot_20180325-191604_01.jpg

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit. A child who “should” be potty trained but isn’t could have all sorts of medical issues! Issues that need proper handling and possibly medical attention, rather than being hosed down in cold water. 

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I think Lori's trying to tell us something...but what?

Hide contents

discreet.PNG.d25eeed1651d87f58801f65fdfd8d6eb.PNG

Tell us more about how we shouldn't floss in front of our husbands, because we need to be discreet.

That's just nasty. Lori's total lack of discretion is freakish. I feel like I need a shower after reading that. This is just another way to a blame woman for a cheating husband. 

It's a confusing message because it starts off saying love and kindness is more important than sex, two paragraphs of that.. then in the last line he's going to leave you anyway if he's not sexually satisfied. So which is it?

Is Dr. David Reuben the author of "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask"?

28 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Is Dr. David Reuben the author of "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask"?

Yep looks like it! And it looks like his books are pretty toxic. 

Also I find it interesting that part where he's talking about a husband being able to come to his wife and tell her things when he's troubled. Because that's the exact opposite of what a man would do in the culture they create. Men aren't as emotional nor should they be vulnerable they say. 

I remember him claiming that gays were mentally ill and that "'sex-change' surgery* turned men into artificial women and women into artificial men." :pb_rollseyes:

*That was the term in use at the time. 

Neither one of the Baby Bonkers was potty trained by 3. I don't care how pricy diapers and wipes are, you don't hose a kid off outside like that. (If it was a enormous mess, and you all know what I mean, I would put the baby in a shower.) 

A few minutes after seeing this

I saw this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5542563/Debunked-Juice-detoxes-Gluten-free-Superfoods-truth-fashionable-healthy-eating-fads.html

Let's learn a little something about her precious coconut oil...

A lot of the claims for coconut oil are extrapolated from research into a type of saturated fatty acids called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are described as ‘fat-burning fat’ because they are quickly metabolised for energy.

Here’s the science bit: MCTs have between six and ten carbons, whereas lauric acid, the main fatty acid component of coconut oil, has 12 carbons and, therefore, is not considered a ‘true’ MCT.

Once you dig down into the science, you see that it’s a bit of a stretch to apply the benefits of MCT to coconut oil. Indeed, the evidence, according to a research paper from 2016, ‘does not support popular claims purporting that coconut oil is a healthy oil in terms of reducing the risk of [heart disease]’.

In moderate amounts, coconut oil is neither ‘good’ nor ‘bad’ but, like butter, should not be eaten in excess. It is a saturated fat, and I can’t in good faith recommend putting it in your coffee every morning, as many wellness bloggers do.

In the past Lori has said 

Coconut oil is very good for us so I have tried to get it into my diet and this is the best way I have found.

She cited this source, which is just the sort of source the dailymail piece was debunking. 

https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-benefits/

It would be more fair to say its "better for you" or maybe just "good". But "Very good" is exaggerating. 

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

Yes, he was.  It's been years since I read that book, but he was way off base about some things -at least in the first edition.

@AuntKrazy,  yeah, those fats on the bad list are not necessarily more processed than are the ones on the good list.  I don't hear many doctors or dietitians claiming that lard and tallow are healthier than olive oil.

I am a black coffee drinker- don’t like cream or sugar in it at all (I do add collagen because I struggle with protein intake). However, I will on occasion add a small bit of coconut oil (and sometimes ghee) into my coffee- I zip it through the blender real quick. It adds a richness and to me, it’s like a cappuccino but better.

I don’t do it because I think it will make me healthier or anything. Its just something I like. I also don’t drink coffee for the caffeine boost- the coffee shop I frequent has the regular coffee drinkers fix their own- if the regular and seasonal are out I will go with decaf (my go to is seasonal). I like the taste of good coffee.

Maybe Lori would enjoy life more if she didn’t create all these crazy rules that must be followed. She has rules for everything. I’d be willing to bet she has ritualized behaviors as well. 

31 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I am a black coffee drinker- don’t like cream or sugar in it at all (I do add collagen because I struggle with protein intake). However, I will on occasion add a small bit of coconut oil (and sometimes ghee) into my coffee- I zip it through the blender real quick. It adds a richness and to me, it’s like a cappuccino but better.

I don’t do it because I think it will make me healthier or anything. Its just something I like. I also don’t drink coffee for the caffeine boost- the coffee shop I frequent has the regular coffee drinkers fix their own- if the regular and seasonal are out I will go with decaf (my go to is seasonal). I like the taste of good coffee.

Maybe Lori would enjoy life more if she didn’t create all these crazy rules that must be followed. She has rules for everything. I’d be willing to bet she has ritualized behaviors as well. 

I take my coffee with coconut oil, collagen & a bit of stevia. Padding out the coffee with the fat & protein helps it not to be too affected my the caffeine. + I find it helps my metabolism to stay chugging. 

I've enjoyed the occasional coffee with coconut oil. When done right I love the texture it adds to the coffee. But I wouldn't claim that it's as amazing as so many bloggers says it is. Sadly, I'm a creamer girl and that just adds so much sugar. I have to work on cutting back on the creamer. 

25 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I've enjoyed the occasional coffee with coconut oil. When done right I love the texture it adds to the coffee. But I wouldn't claim that it's as amazing as so many bloggers says it is. Sadly, I'm a creamer girl and that just adds so much sugar. I have to work on cutting back on the creamer. 

Easy to make your own with whole cream. :)

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Yes, he was.  It's been years since I read that book, but he was way off base about some things -at least in the first edition.

I don't know which edition it was, but I remember reading that book as a teenager. (The joys of being a youngest child who had access to her older siblings' books! :my_biggrin: ) I learned some interesting information, but I think I remember some wrong stuff, too. It mostly helped by giving me a vocabulary for thinking about (and later talking about) sex.

At least it was better than the Christian book about sex that blamed Tamar for getting raped and said that masturbation is a sin. That one did introduce me to the term "Onanism", I guess. 

ETA--I prefer milk in my black tea. It has the advantage that I don't have to buy a separate thing just for tea. Plus, I like the taste. :coffee:

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived