IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

The Horse of Truth has returned from the Caymans where he hypothetically could have been stashing money in preparation for his divorce. My money is still on a twenty-five-year-old Irina or Svetlana somewhere nearby.   

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew a very conservative homeschooled family (courting not dating types) and some of their kids still smoked weed. Not the worst thing certainly but still rebellious behavior. Besides how would Lori and Ken even know if they can't speak from experience. Did any of their children grow up being homeschooled from day one? If not then idk if they can really say anything about it. 

10 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My gay cousin grew up as the oldest in a homeschooled preacher's family with a SAHM

Fuck you, Ken. 

I read an article once about how people who believe in strict gender roles could actually cause confusion about sexual orientation. And I believe it after watching how out of the box boys and girls growing up in such a family are treated.

My husband hates sports, is very nurturing,has an eye for decorating and dreams of making a living by growing and selling vegetables and cut flowers. Yea that goes over well in a group of these gender role men. Even though he's very much a man  

I never cared for dolls or babies, do not really have an interest in becoming a mother, especially a full time stay at home mom. I am pathetic at hair, makeup, I can't stand visiting with a group of boring women who only talk about their kids and shopping, I am interested in hunting, farmsteading, being more self sufficient. Yea that goes over well too. 

You know I think there is some truth to that. I was repeatedly told I had a more masculine brain because I was more analytical, logical and not super emotional. As a young girl that could have made things pretty confusing. It send the message "I'm a girl but have the brain of a boy". Finally I owned my brain for what it is and asked my dad to not saying things like that anymore. However, that wasn't until I was like 24 that I put a stop to that nonsense. 

Every gay person I know personally grew up with a SAHM.  The majority of them come from conservative Christian families. The kind that go to church twice on Sunday, Wed. night prayer meeting, and weekly Bible study. They had SAH grandmothers too.

13 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I knew a very conservative homeschooled family (courting not dating types) and some of their kids still smoked weed. Not the worst thing certainly but still rebellious behavior. Besides how would Lori and Ken even know if they can't speak from experience. Did any of their children grow up being homeschooled from day one? If not then idk if they can really say anything about it. 

You know I think there is some truth to that. I was repeatedly told I had a more masculine brain because I was more analytical, logical and not super emotional. As a young girl that could have made things pretty confusing. It send the message "I'm a girl but have the brain of a boy". Finally I owned my brain for what it is and asked my dad to not saying things like that anymore. However, that wasn't until I was like 24 that I put a stop to that nonsense. 

I'm almost 31 and my Mother still talks aboot my "man brain." 

Godly Melissa says:

I know, personally, dozens of women who do not work and whose children go to public school. They refuse to give up their days to homeschool their children. I came home and we made *significant* sacrifices, financial and lifestyle, for me to homeschool our kids. 

Luke 18:11 says:

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Except for the fact that most working moms that I know have/do almost none of that she claims they work for. I work with working mothers and they certainly aren't living the life of luxury. How out of touch with reality. Also living poor for the sake of it doesn't benefit your children. Healthcare, working cars, food on the table, and proper clothing certainly helps them in the long run. 

Melissa’s comment just reeks of envy. Perhaps she should focus on becoming more discerning vs judgmental. She doesn’t grasp the fact that she doesn’t know what motivates people and that coming from a place of judgment is about her and not the other. Her ego is simply trying to make her feel better. Quite honestly, all of Lori’s leghumpers do the same. Their lack of critical thinking and self reflection is astounding. 

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Actually, now that I think about it - my working mom IS the cause of my bisexuality /sarcasm

I feel for you. My working mum and public school have turned me into a liberal feminist. What have they done to us??? / sarcasm

14 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Except for the fact that most working moms that I know have/do almost none of that she claims they work for. I work with working mothers and they certainly aren't living the life of luxury. How out of touch with reality. Also living poor for the sake of it doesn't benefit your children. Healthcare, working cars, food on the table, and proper clothing certainly helps them in the long run. 

I think Melissa is probably exaggerating a bit. I'm guessing she knows working moms, but they might not have all the things Melissa claims they have. Let's say Melissa sees a working mom with name brand clothes and a new iPhone. She might not know the whole story about why the working mom has those things. Some women shop around for discount deals on name brand clothes and sometimes new smart phones come up with upgrades where the phone is pretty much free or at a discounted price.

As for supposed luxury vacations, again Melissa might know the whole story about the vacations. Some two income families actually save up for trips by cutting certain expenses. Sometimes they responsibly use travel credit cards to earn rewards. Of course, the fundies hate that. On forums like Slick Deals and some travel sites, there are tons of threads about how to take vacations at lower costs by booking with certain sites, traveling to certain places in the off-season or reducing lodging costs by staying in AirBNBs that are sometimes cheaper than hotels. Sometimes vacations aren't as much as they look. Melissa should spend some time on Slick Deals or similar sites. There are a lot of people from two income households posting on those sites trying to find deals because they want to stretch their dollar. Another site that is about trying to help find deals on designer clothes and accessories is PurseForum. Melissa should spend some time there and she would get a smack down if she attacked working moms over there.

Many working mothers work  to keep their families financially secure and sometimes there is fun money left over after the bills are paid. I believe hard working people deserve to have fun for themselves or with their families. I think deep down some of Lori's fangirls know many working moms are doing to keep their families secure with housing, food, and insurance.  But, they probably get envious once they see some working moms and their families going off on a vacation to make happy memories or they get envious that the working mom has little money for her own luxurious like perfume, nice clothes, or whatever the mom wants. I suspect that Lori's fangirls also have envy towards SAHMs whose families are much better financial shape than them. Then again, the fangirls worship Lori who spent months vacating in Wisconsin and has other luxuries.

I missed most of last night’s comments and it seems like I missed quite a bit. Her oppression doodle shows 69 comments yet there are only 10 left. Yesterday’s blog post shows 76 but there appear to only be 20 actually there. And even today’s post says 4 comments, with only 2 showing. Her daughter is in town visiting and Lori’s priority was to monitor her computer all day, deleting comments (and I know she engaged with a few because I saw some of her responses). 

I know we’ve joked before- but in all seriousness there is something wrong with her. She is absolutely unhinged- and has the audacity to call the rest of us jezebels.

How on earth does she have followers? How many people has she turned away from Christ? 

9 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

How on earth does she have followers? How many people has she turned away from Christ? 

I was a conservative, reformed, complementarian Christian when I started reading Lori. I am now a spiritual agnostic, feminist, egalitarian, bisexual woman who dresses in an androgynous style. 

I'm not giving Lori credit for that, but it's still a true statement. 

Yes, she is completely out of touch with reality.  The privilege she has enjoyed all throughout her life, has spoiled her pure rotten.  I have often speculated that she'd have been a better person if people had refused to cower to her tantrums, cater to her whims, and wait on her hand and foot.

When she first showed signs that she "loved being served" and "was definitely a taker", her parents/Ken/family should have put an immediate stop to it.  Them catering to that nonsense led to a woman who wanted to make her daughter "feel real bad, you know..." for the crime of making her a pot of soup without potatoes.  It led to her being so greedy that she literally begrudged guests in her home a glass of water.

When we had guests, I was always concerned about the food they ate, the water they used, etc.  

Here's a woman in a million + dollar house, worrying about how much water her guests are drinking.  

I would definitely describe myself as a taker.

Yes, and that's why she was happy to let her mother "wait on her" on visits to Door County.  She felt no need to contribute.  Her mom was there to serve her.  

How arrogant!?!

Lori is 100% responsible for her behavior, but I think it would do her a world of good if her family completely ignored her shenanigans and went about living just as they please.  No one should as much as pour her a glass of water or pass her the salt.  Let her do it herself!  Let her learn to work and take care of herself.  She be a better person for it.

Lori:

it's so much easier to ask someone else

Yes, it's easier, but it makes for a rotten person.

12 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Her daughter is in town visiting and Lori’s priority was to monitor her computer all day, deleting comments (and I know she engaged with a few because I saw some of her responses).

Both daughters are in town, and Godly Lori is frittering away her time on the internet.  Gadding about, as she might say.  I don't even know why they bother.  I certainly wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I was a conservative, reformed, complementarian Christian when I started reading Lori. I am not a spiritual agnostic, feminist, egalitarian, bisexual woman who dresses in an androgynous style. 

I'm not giving Lori credit for that, but it's still a true statement. 

Please tell me if I am  being nosy or intrusive- I’m genuinely curious- it sounds as though you spent time reflecting on who your authentic self really is- what prompted you on that path of self-discovery? 

Hopefully that makes sense. I have a massive headache and can’t get my words together. 

Just now, Frog99 said:

Please tell me if I am  being nosy or intrusive- I’m genuinely curious- it sounds as though you spent time reflecting on who your authentic self really is- what prompted you on that path of self-discovery? 

Hopefully that makes sense. I have a massive headache and can’t get my words together. 

The 2016 election. I'm not exaggerating even a little. That one day literally changed the course of my life. 

Here's a perfect opportunity for Lori.  

Reader:

When I seven months pregnant with my youngest (last June) I quit my job to stay home with my kids. Shortly after that I found your page and starting reading your posts about being keepers at home. A week after my son was born I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital with a heart rate of 34. I was diagnosed with Preeclampsia post birth and congestive heart failure and spent a week in intensive care. Almost dying was an eye opening event and when I left the hospital I was sad. I had lived but still felt that I had no purpose in life. One day I was playing with my 3 children in the backyard. My baby was sleeping in a bouncy seat, my other two were in the yard kicking a ball. I was still feeling so down and then it was like I heard God’s voice as I looked at my children, “they are your purpose”. I’m forever grateful for that day and for your post for bringing me out of my darkness and helping me realize that being a Godly wife and mother is the greatest mission I could ever serve

Lori, 
It's not uncommon to have some depression after a major medical event or the birth of a baby.  This woman has endured both.  She needs support and some help.  Offer her those, and don't try to burden her with the rules you try to place of your readers.  Washing dishes and reading the Bible will not help her.  Support will.

9 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori is 100% responsible for her behavior, but I think it would do her a world of good if her family completely ignored her shenanigans and went about living just as they please.  No one should as much as pour her a glass of water or pass her the salt.  Let her do it herself!  Let her learn to work and take care of herself. 

I would have no problem leaving Lori to do everything for herself, but I have an extremely low tolerance for people who won't do what they can to help themselves, so I may be a poor person to decide where that line is.  

Just now, Frog99 said:

@jerkit thank you for answering. The election and aftermath have shown me a side that I knew existed- but I didn’t fully grasp the fact width or depth. 

The election left me entirely alienated from the Church. I decided to stop going to church, which helped me realize I didn't actually believe what I said I believed. I needed to figure out what I did believe and that caused me to really dig deep within myself. But even before the election, I was starting to see cracks in my relationship with the Church. Lori honestly played a big part of that. I shared here before that I tried following Lori's advice and nearly got divorced because of it.

51 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Melissa’s comment just reeks of envy. Perhaps she should focus on becoming more discerning vs judgmental. She doesn’t grasp the fact that she doesn’t know what motivates people and that coming from a place of judgment is about her and not the other. Her ego is simply trying to make her feel better. Quite honestly, all of Lori’s leghumpers do the same. Their lack of critical thinking and self reflection is astounding. 

A lot of those comments remind me of a Mormon blogger who used to do similar things on her blog. The blogger came from a large family(7 daughters) and her mom was always a SAHM. The blogger talked about having friends who came from smaller families or families where both parents worked. Those friends had more things or nicer things. She had made comments about them that reeked of envy like saying that her friends' parents were interested in having material things rather than kids. She didn't know why the friends' parents were motivated to both work or why they had fewer kids. The blogger just didn't get it as a kid that not all parents want to constantly worry about money and it's possible that health reasons could played into why some of those families were small.

I will say that Mormon blogger is likable compared to Lori's fangirls. She was planning to become a nurse as a backup plan. The blogger became a quadriplegic after a car accident at age 19 and she is now 33 and unlikely to marry which she has pretty much hinted at. I give the blogger credit for at least having a backup plan. The blogger doesn't say a lot of hateful things like Lori and the legumpers do.

19 minutes ago, jerkit said:

The 2016 election. I'm not exaggerating even a little. That one day literally changed the course of my life. 

It did ours too. 

2016/2017 was an interesting year self-discovery wise. I lost a church family because of a new leader, I became a feminist, stopped being Republican, nearly felt like giving up my faith, and had a few discoveries about my emotional health. I'm kinda glad some of it happened because I feel like I've grown so much. I'm much more comfortable with myself. Reading Lori has been a good challenge for actually looking things up and reading Scripture. Thanks Lori for helping my feminist journey so much! 

Didn’t Ken make Lori work until she sabotaged her birth control to stay home with baby 2 or 3?

But now he’s preaching on the evils of working mothers?

And how does he explain the Christian homeschooler Austin bomber? Please someone who isn’t blocked yet ASK!!!

Ken says that SAHM's keep kids from "turning gay". Using that logic, if I'm a parent with a part-time job and I'm only at home half the time, does that mean that my child will be bisexual? 

Isn't it funny that just yesterday we were talking about Ken's silence and today -viola!- here he is to teach the womenfolk. 

The latest 1 star review is awesome.  I saw the comments she left, and she is 100% correct, she DID use scripture.  Lori deleted it, of course, because is contradicts her message.

Don't know who that lady is, but I hope she finds her way to FJ.  I suspect she'd fit right in.

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Ken says that SAHM's keep kids from "turning gay". Using that logic, if I'm a parent with a part-time job and I'm only at home half the time, does that mean that my child will be bisexual? 

Isn't it funny that just yesterday we were talking about Ken's silence and today -viola!- here he is to teach the womenfolk. 

Ha!  I noticed that too.  Popped up on FB as well.  That post is based off a comment he made a while back.  My guess is that Lori is posting from his FB account, and made that post after reading here yesterday.

For all we know, he's cooling his heels in the Cayman Islands.  

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived