IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

So, I'm confused. Teachers are lifeguards and other students are sharks? Is that what she's/this borderline plagiarized article saying?

Pathetic. More do as I say, not as I did.

And as stated above, what about those who keep their kids homeschooled for reasons other than religious?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

And as stated above, what about those who keep their kids homeschooled for reasons other than religious?

I don't think Lori ever thinks about people who homeschool for other reasons and I doubt she will ever comment on non-religious or non-Christian homeschoolers. Here in New Mexico, there are ultra liberal types who homeschool. i knew a family like that. There were four kids, three were homeschooled. The one kid who wasn't homeschooled had developmental delays and went to public school. The mom felt that her daughter benefited from some of the resources available to special needs students in public schools.

Then there are the people who homeschool their kids because the kids are pursuing things like acting and training for certain sports. Many of the teens who compete or competed in the Olympics were homeschooled or in more recent years are doing online schooling programs.

So let me get this straight... It's okay to call a woman a Jezebel but goodness forbid you/men get compared to an Ahab. I do think this woman actually raises an interesting point even if I don't agree with all of her view on the subject. 

Lori's/Debi's  recent post is just pure garbage. It basically says that anytime a woman feels disrespected and uncared for she is usurping power away from her husband. First of all, why is there such a huge issue with control for these people? Dearest goodness, if a wife can't come to her husband with a request without iftseeming control then what's the point? It's not even biblical. We are created to have emotional needs that need to be met. It's scientifically proven. Heck one of my first questions with a new client is "who is your social support?". Makes me sick.

Let's reframe it in a more biblical way shall we? A man who is not meeting his wife's needs for affection and human companionship is dishonoring God.  Men are commanded to love their wives, this love is clearly defined in the Bible. Submission is not. 

Also, how often have you used your sickness to control your family Lori? Debi Pearl says it right there in the post that it's wrong. 

image.png

OT, but curious as to why I see a lot of women in Lori type circles highlighting the shit out of their bible.  It looks like over kill.  All the colors, almost everything highlighted.  What's up with that?  

21 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

OT, but curious as to why I see a lot of women in Lori type circles highlighting the shit out of their bible.  It looks like over kill.  All the colors, almost everything highlighted.  What's up with that?  

I dunno. Maybe they want other people to notice and be impressed by how much they read their Bibles? I tend to think that Lori's Bible looks like this:

Spoiler

8693362-3x2-460x307.jpg.933d4b88c9e99b29e9f5010b8cda2173.jpg

35 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I highlight my bible...there are color codes for what's highlighted (my own color codes)

Yellow - personal reading and study

Orange - Adult bible study group

Green - church sermons

I also underline certain things and make notes in the margins of things I think of and want to remember. 

I'm definitely NOT in a "Lori-type circle"...it's just something I've always done. 

I just fell down the Lori Alexander rabbit hole with her post about jezebel's/praising your husband.  Woman is crazy.  What have I been missing? 

19 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I just fell down the Lori Alexander rabbit hole with her post about jezebel's/praising your husband.  Woman is crazy.  What have I been missing? 

You’ve missed the most rage-inducing person - right up there with PP. She is a horrible, nasty, judgmental, misinformed, ignorant hypocrite. You have also missed her videos. They are so fucking awful. Other than that, she’s a wonderful, older godly mentor, to women only, except when she also teaches men. In a word, she’s a bitch. 

"Hurt feelings are a way to control. Silence and emotional retreat are ugly, destructive ways to control both your husband and your children. Anger, sickness, exhaustion, and even fear are all used to control those you care about. Some women control their husband by having an intense spiritual hunger. Jezebel comes in many disguises." (Debi Pearl)

So funny Lori should mention this since she has claimed to be sick for sooooooooo many years. Maybe that sickness was really just to control people.

27 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So funny Lori should mention this since she has claimed to be sick for sooooooooo many years. Maybe that sickness was really just to control people.

Wait? Fear? You mean like when a husband makes his wife terrified of him? 

Also, what does it mean by control your husband by having intense spiritual hunger? Isn't spiritual hunger a good thing in religion? Are women not supposed to show interest in their religion? So many questions. 

10 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I make notes in mine, often it's the date and title of the sermon and then I might write down what I thought about a passage or the sermon itself. I don't highlight all that often, I prefer just a gel pen and individual notes.

This is why Lori and her leghumpers are such supporters of homeschooling. It’s about control and looking down on others. 

The article bugged me- especially the part about Mary as a staunch supporter trying to influence decisions of her friends. Sure, if we are friends and you are doing something that seems to be working for you and that you are excited about, tell me about it. I’ll be happy for you. But don’t take on a judgmental attitude, and don’t make that the focus of our interactions. 

C2DAD612-D1BB-4718-B16E-CBDB8AEB89C1.jpeg

And not that we needed proof that she reads here, but I got a kick out of this: 

767FE62F-4568-4652-9B95-16323CF5F576.png

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

This is why Lori and her leghumpers are such supporters of homeschooling. It’s about control and looking down on others. 

Yeah, it's one thing to take an interest in who your children are friends with and what sort of influence those other children are having on them. That's just being involved. It's quite another thing to forbid interactions with anyone not on some "approved" list altogether. Not to mention, it's stunting to someone's social intelligence.

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

Also, what does it mean by control your husband by having intense spiritual hunger? Isn't spiritual hunger a good thing in religion? Are women not supposed to show interest in their religion? So many questions. 

I'm wondering the same things. How are these women supposed to be so dedicated in their religious beliefs and practices if they're not spiritually engaged? That's like demanding someone watch a TV show every week that they're not interested in, while also reminding them not to become interested in it over time, either. :pb_confused:

She answered that intense spiritual hunger thing in the comments. Some bull about women using their supposedly more spiritual selves to control their husbands. Or they think they worship Jesus better and hold it over their husbands. Idk how that's done but I don't pretend to understand what they're saying half the time. 

Also newest post is laying guys' personal problems on women again. If a guy can't act respectful or protective simply because someone has inherent worth rather than the other individual fitting a certain stereotype then that's not my problem. If a guy has to change his language around a "lady" perhaps he shouldn't be speaking that way at all (I'm thinking intense,objectifying locker room talk). I say the occasional cuss word, I don't need a guy to temper his cussing around me. I respect others and expect others to respect me, real simple there. But of course let's make it complicated by completely ignoring women's individual differences and skills by trying to shove them into a box to make them respectable ladies. Sounds like a great time.

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Doesn't usually respond to men, my ass.  Trey, Dave, whatever other names aren't coming to mind right now...

3 hours ago, Frog99 said:

The article bugged me- especially the part about Mary as a staunch supporter trying to influence decisions of her friends. Sure, if we are friends and you are doing something that seems to be working for you and that you are excited about, tell me about it. I’ll be happy for you. But don’t take on a judgmental attitude, and don’t make that the focus of our interactions. 

Exactly how many women named Karl does Lori know, I wonder...

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Doesn't usually respond to men, my ass.  Trey, Dave, whatever other names aren't coming to mind right now...

LOL indeed! She makes full blog posts out of the words of her male commenters. I would say that is the ultimate response. 

4 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Bullshit.  Twice in the last 2 weeks alone, I've seen Lori telling women that they should send their husbands to read her posts.  That's to say nothing of the hundreds of other times.  

34 minutes ago, Curious said:

Exactly how many women named Karl does Lori know, I wonder...

Right?!  I know she revels in her own stupidity, but come on....

Oh come on, you guys!  

There's Karline Ingalls, the female half of the "fictional" couple Lori admires. 

Karl Burnett

Karl Lombard

Karl Channing

Karl King  

Lots of famous women named Karl.  

Also, let's not forget that many of us, in December, will be singing all those lovely Christmas Karls.  

Unrelated note: my aunt once had a rooster named Karl - Karl the Rooster. 

15 hours ago, Beermeet said:

There was a highlighting fad that went around a few years ago. You could even buy sets of special bible highlighters that didn’t bleed through super-thin bible paper. Different people published different color codes. A couple of colors I remember were pink for the promises of God (“and the peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds” and “for I know My plans for you...”) and green for the “do” things, like “This is My commandment that you love one another” or the “Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right...let your mind dwell on these things” verses, that kind of thing.

It served as a visual aid for bible study.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, SuperNova said:

@Free Jana Duggar I came here to say the same thing. I don't think I could have rolled my eyes any harder at the pathetic attempt to be clever. Not only was it dumb, it was long winded. Like many of her posts these days, she didn't write it herself. It came from a homeschoolers magazine. 

But those big fonts are all hers!  She works so hard......

1 minute ago, cindyluvs24 said:

But those big fonts are all hers!  She works so hard......

Bless her pea-picking little heart. (I have no idea if that’s an objectionable phrase. One of my Texas cousins used to say it often and then laugh.)

17 minutes ago, refugee said:

Bless her pea-picking little heart. (I have no idea if that’s an objectionable phrase. One of my Texas cousins used to say it often and then laugh.)

My mom always said that "Bless her pea pickin' heart."  I've never come across another family who knew this phrase. 

I don't know if it's objectionable but I hope someone will tell me if it is. I say it every now and then; but might need to stop. :my_dodgy:

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived