IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

I am ashamed. I had not yet received commandments from Lori at the time, but, even so, I became a SAHM. I was fortunate that my husband could support us, although it was a bit difficult in the early years.  I loved being home with my boys, and I volunteered my ass off in their schools. BUT, I felt that, because my husband worked outside the home, that my ‘job’ was inside the home. Consequently, I felt like I should do the mundane household duties, and I really didn’t ask my kids to do much to help. I did their laundry and cooked their meals and MADE THEIR BEDS!  So, I am a failure.

I do feel pretty good about the fact that we didn’t beat our guys into submission, or frighten them with tales of evil and Satan and Hell.  So, there’s that.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Lori,

I sometimes wish I had the time and money to worry about the same shite as you.

I don’t think you could be like Lori, even with all the money and time in the world!

One of Lori’s fan girls left this comment on her blog, which makes me deeply uncomfortable. I’m uncomfortable enough with the expectation that girls “serve” their daddys, but when a developmental disability is added in the mix, it really makes me shake my head.  I hope I’m expressing this correctly, most having trouble putting how I feel into words. 

DDD60B0C-AB3A-4D3A-9592-5E6EEA9BB189.png

16A80D13-A645-4E5C-992D-8BB80CDB1BE4.png

7 hours ago, Carol said:

Ain't no one gonna be happy if Lori ain't happy.

And Lori ain’t happy if anyone else is.

The lady is toxic. 

@cindyluvs24, your story about laundry reminds me of my grandma. By the time we grandkids were born, my grandparents were well-to-do, after having lost everything in the Depression and working their way back up—but Grandma still loved washing dishes. “Hot and cold running water is such a luxury,” she always said.  I never could understand why.

Then, many years after she died, I visited the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, and saw the kind of apartment she’d lived in as a girl and young woman. (She was born in 1894.)  Washing dishes involved pumping water down in the courtyard, lugging it upstairs, and boiling the water on a coal stove in a tiny one-windowed apartment. I first visited the museum in the summer, and the heat was sweltering. I can’t imagine the drudgery laundry and dishwashing would have been in that environment.

Lori's current steaming pile of bullshit is the Parable of the Homepoolers.  Does she think that education and swimming ability are of equal importance?  I know, this is Lori, she probably does...

48 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

aimeefrank.PNG

Does she not realize how many homeschoolers have internet access and smartphones? 

30 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Does she not realize how many homeschoolers have internet access and smartphones? 

OK, ban all internet and smart phones from school. Now is private Christian schooling OK?

I just gotta say I think today's post on "homepoolers" is the dumbest one ever.  Many of her posts irk me, but that one is just plain stupid.

OK, that is all. Carry on.

@Free Jana Duggar I came here to say the same thing. I don't think I could have rolled my eyes any harder at the pathetic attempt to be clever. Not only was it dumb, it was long winded. Like many of her posts these days, she didn't write it herself. It came from a homeschoolers magazine. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

OK, ban all internet and smart phones from school. Now is private Christian schooling OK?

Lori had her kids in private Christian schools for periods of time. Back on the Always Learning blog, she encouraged people to look into Christian schools and she praised the Christian school her kids attended during high school and I think her younger might have attended the attached middle school for a year. Then she crapped on that school when she posted homecoming pictures of girls' dresses from her son's yearbook. She said something to the effect that the girls' dresses were inappropriate for a godly Christian school.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I wondered about that as some fundies do use online programs for homeschooling. My guess is that Lori doesn't really discuss homeschooling curriculum or other programs with her fundie fangirls. She just reads or hears that they homeschool and doesn't bother to ask any other questions.

Right, the same internet she praises for finding homeschool curriculum is the internet she trashes for the ungodlies. 

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I just gotta say I think today's post on "homepoolers" is the dumbest one ever.  Many of her posts irk me, but that one is just plain stupid.

I agree. It's one of the dumbest things I ever read and doesn't make any sense. The analogy is horrible and pathetic. I cringed trying to read it. 

It's all the same though in that people were offered a free chance to learn, grew up, decided it was bad though they got to utilize that education, and now are taking what the learned and doing it themselves while mocking the education they got. They are also ignoring that they only know how to do it because of the free chance they were given in the first place. Use any analogy you want to compare it to schools, but you still only know do to it (swim, being literate, basics) because you were provided it in the first place since your parents didn't know and couldn't teach you (literate or how to swim, whatever). You can teach your own children now, that's great. So appreciate your opportunity and they fact that you are able to do so. 

When I see homeschoolers mock all other forms of education, it almost always reeks of an "I got mine, fuck you" attitude. It's serious first world privilege they cannot comprehend. Lori claims to not remember anything from school. Well, you should have paid attention in your history classes, Lori, and maybe, just maybe, you would not be such a clueless moron now. 

That entire article is an argument against home schooling.  Poorly written, poorly conceived and...just fucking stupid.  

Right up Lori's alley, though. :GPn0zNK:

one.jpg.f844949759413e6f226e548e3bda75e1.jpgtwo.jpg.d247c95eda363250ff854f3f2daa7fa2.jpgthree.jpg.0ec1d4174ec0c4d24f112ebd2a543e55.jpg

Sick and twisted view of children.  Hard to imagine that people actually view children as sinful and that they WANT the rod.   And special needs kids need to be disciplined too?   

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yes. That is the damn dumbest thing I have read on the internet in quite some time. Just because "school" rhymes with "pool" doesn't make the analogy work. 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

Unless you keep your kids in a bible and never let them do anything they can become exposed to most of the same things as public schoolers. At some point they will enter the world and will have a very hard time with certain things because they simply won’t understand. 

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

@Free Jana Duggar I came here to say the same thing. I don't think I could have rolled my eyes any harder at the pathetic attempt to be clever. Not only was it dumb, it was long winded. Like many of her posts these days, she didn't write it herself. It came from a homeschoolers magazine. 

Not everyone home schoolers to keep their kids out of the world. Silly Lori. 

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I just rolled my eyes...dumbest.analogy.pun.story.parable. ever....

Any one feel like Lori is just phoning it in now?   She's not even trying....just same old, same old. plagiarism at its finest. She alternates between that I think getting ticked off about something she sees/experiences in her personal life. She must have been at some young woman's home and it was dirty or not up to her standards so she went off the other day. Or she sees someone breastfeeding or wearing leggings and goes off.  She has some serious illnesses and I don't mean physical 

Expect one of modesty tomorrow.

The homepoolers piece was the stupidest thing ever, and that’s saying something because I’ve been on the Internet most of the day!

47 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

The homepoolers piece was the stupidest thing ever, and that’s saying something because I’ve been on the Internet most of the day!

Exactly. Changing "school" to "pool" does not a parable make. 

20 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

And Lori ain’t happy if anyone else is.

The lady is toxic. 

I don't think she is capable of being really happy. She's miserable and wants to spread that misery around in the hope that it will make her feel better.

Of course she didn't write this home pooling thing. She added this to the bottom of her post that I don't think was there this morning. Its always better to cite these things at the top. 

This article was originally published in the Jul/Aug 2011 issue of Home School Enrichment Magazine.

I read this article on Blessed Homemaking which is a beautiful blog!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived