IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

7 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

there are people (so many people) who believe this shit. It is frightening.  Lori is attracting some real winners. 

Yes, and if you read that text I added to the post above, you'll see that they all subscribe to the same style of "mentoring" troubled couples.  This man who's sitting in jail (or has sat in jail) claims to have counselled hundreds of couples and that most of them ended with "the woman being spanked and divorced". 

I take what he says with a grain of salt. The two don't look like the sort of people troubled couples would seek out for help and they are WAAAAAY too young!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I've been running into Ken and lori a lot over on the dale partidge page. I think she's trying to become like him. She's a huge DP leghumper. 

I will give this Dale Partridge one prop, and one prop only: he doesn't delete many comments, if any at all. And there are a LOT of dissenting comments. Lori should take a page from his book and do likewise. But of course she won't.

Beccy Mosser seems to have been married for 10 years and has 6 kids. She looks like she was a teen bride. Her 7/3/17 photo seems to show a split lip.

Cam seems ..... hmmmmm ..... nice.

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

What's the name?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Planet-2X-Ultra-Laundry-Detergent-Free-Clear-Certified-Biodegradable-HE-Regular-Washers-32-Loads-50-oz/31015718?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228020561892&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=107250585176&wl4=pla-185915762696&wl5=9022605&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=31015718&wl13=&veh=sem

It's that Planet Laundry stuff. And my mistake it's 9 dollars. Which compared to what I get its expensive, but as someone who only goes through one or two things of laundry detergent a year that wouldn't be a huge deal for me. But for others with like five kids it would be quite costly. 

Lori gives so much false information to women.  Older "ain't" wiser.  If only she would read something before she posts to make sure she is correct.  Here is an example.  Note that is it all on the woman to prevent rape.5aaa812367db4_howtoavoidrape.jpg.6662d09c322b985f55a5fcc349813728.jpg

Here is some information, Lori, about rape:

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/mythsvsrealities.php.  Just a few snippets from this site:

Myth: Women are most likely to be raped after dark by a stranger, so women shouldn't go out alone at night.

Fact: Only around 10% of rapes are committed by 'strangers'. Around 90% of rapes are committed by known men, and often by someone who the survivor has previously trusted or even loved. People are raped in their homes, their workplaces and other settings where they have previously felt safe. Rapists can be friends, colleagues, clients, neighbours, family members, partners or exes. Risk of rape shouldn't be used as an excuse to control women's movements and restrict their rights and freedom.

Myth: Only young, 'attractive' women and girls, who flirt and wear 'revealing' clothes, are raped.

Fact: People of all ages and appearances, and of all classes, cultures, abilities, genders, sexualities, races and religions, are raped. Rape is an act of violence and control; the perceived 'attractiveness' of a victim has very little to do with it. There is no excuse or mitigation for sexual violence and it is never the victim/survivor's fault. What someone was wearing when they were raped or how they behave is irrelevant.

Myth: Someone who's willingly drunk lots of alcohol or taken drugs shouldn't complain if they end up being raped or sexually assaulted.

Fact: In law, consent to sex is when someone agrees by choice and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice. If a person is unconscious or incapacitated by alcohol or drugs, they are unable to give their consent to sex. Having sex with a person who is incapacitated through alcohol or drugs is rape. No-one asks or deserves to be raped or sexually assaulted; 100% of the responsibility lies with the perpetrator. Everyone has the right to live their life free from the fear and experience of sexual violence.

Lori:  Please Stop blaming women for men being unable to control themselves, for men who are sick (like the rapist) and for everything in the world. 

‘I think we need to teach our boys that even if they see a naked woman lying in the street, get her help please - don’t rape her!’

And I think I’ve just read the stupidest comment I have ever seen. And yet, I can think of no response at the moment.  Nope. No words coming to me at all.

It's like she refuses to become educated on the reality of domestic abuse and sexual assault. Sexual Assault and abuse is one of my areas of advocacy so I've had to do quite a bit of research. The information is there AND easily accessible to people who want to learn. But some people aren't always learning as much as they think they are. 

I can’t get over this. So, I should have said: ‘Now, boys, if you see a woman lying in the street, EVEN IF SHE IS NAKED, don’t rape her, k?’  

How many boys have not received this important message?  I know of three just in my family alone. 

I will leave this now, for your sakes. Don’t think I’m not still ruminating on it though. My mind is blown. 

32 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Beccy Mosser seems to have been married for 10 years and has 6 kids. She looks like she was a teen bride. Her 7/3/17 photo seems to show a split lip.

Cam seems ..... hmmmmm ..... nice.

I read the entire exchange from the quote posted here from his profile and he sounds insane. Of course he hasn't "spanked" (translation: beat the shit out of) his wife, not because it's wrong, sinful behavior, but because she wouldn't dream of being anything less than submissive. Let me go throw up now.

I don't believe for a second that many women came to them for help. And if they did Lord be with those poor women who were told to put up with abuse. 

I read it too and I will say, he gets quite a bit of pushback. Including someone who seems to have known him for a while who says ‘’What happened to you?’

The correct answer to that is he drank the abusive asshole kool aid. But I was happy to see the amount of push back he got. And I always laugh at the "well you're only offended because it's the truth and you don't want to be convicted" replies. Nah man, I'm just offended by the stupidity you saw fit to put on the Internet. 

6 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

The correct answer to that is he drank the abusive asshole kool aid. But I was happy to see the amount of push back he got. And I always laugh at the "well you're only offended because it's the truth and you don't want to be convicted" replies. Nah man, I'm just offended by the stupidity you saw fit to put on the Internet. 

I hate the stupid ‘gotcha’ one liners that fundies find and stick to. It’s like they never got beyond one class of SOTDRT rhetoric classes. Bro Gary has one too: It doesn’t matter if you disagree, it’s still the truth. 

Uhhhh okay then. 

@Yogi I hate those one liners as well because I get the impression they think they're being clever using them but they're not. They all use one: you hate God, you're offended because it's the truth, it's still the truth, Jezebels. It's like the guys that just say "Timothy 2:5" in a comment and never say anything else. It's like they think that one verse with silence all arguments. Never mind that people are capable of complex, nuanced thoughts and opinions. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Planet-2X-Ultra-Laundry-Detergent-Free-Clear-Certified-Biodegradable-HE-Regular-Washers-32-Loads-50-oz/31015718?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228020561892&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=107250585176&wl4=pla-185915762696&wl5=9022605&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=31015718&wl13=&veh=sem

It's that Planet Laundry stuff. And my mistake it's 9 dollars. Which compared to what I get its expensive, but as someone who only goes through one or two things of laundry detergent a year that wouldn't be a huge deal for me. But for others with like five kids it would be quite costly. 

Thanks! We have to stay clear here due to allergies and sensitivities. We are such a mess lol. We only go through, maybe 3 bottles of detergent a year. 

19 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She posts on IG laundry detergent that is $20 on Amazon for 32 loads!!

and her fancy schmancy food scale and carrot shredder (saw that on the How to make a big salad video)  And in one of her Always Learning post from a while back she claimed to teach her kids to be grateful by driving the gold Mercedes...

"It is a GREAT car for young boys to start off with.  They never got in trouble.  They went to a high school that had a lot of wealthy families in it.  We liked them driving that car.  We wanted them to not care about keeping up with the Jones' and material wealth.  We wanted them to not mind having old, used things."

old or gold....it's still a Mercedes. :huh:

13 hours ago, Koala said:

They're all like, "I reuse wax paper, and communicate w/ family via two tin cans and a bit of string."

Best comment of the day.   They are all trying to one-up each other on how much more frugal they are. Waiting for someone to say how they re-use toilet paper! HA

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I checked out Betty's FB page. It looks like her husband has been in jail. There was a link to a GoFundMe acct for legal fees. She says her husband was protecting her family from a neighbor threatening them.  Obviously   I wasn't there, but it sounds fishy that she says there were witnesses yet her husband was the one who went to jail and the one she claims threatened them is not.

I know, I know. I have too much time on my hands to be lurking and reading a stranger's FB page.  I was just thinking all the more reason for this woman to get a JOB.  Then she might have the money for the lawyer.

I'm guilty, too.   She looks like a Lori-wanna-be.  Most of it is just regurgitated stuff that she is supposed to believe.  

I just looked at the Dale Partridge page. I'm horrified by not only w hat he wrote but the number of family and friends I have that follow him.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Waiting for someone to say how they re-use toilet paper! HA

Or use "family cloth." 

:my_sick:

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

I've been running into Ken and lori a lot over on the dale partidge page. I think she's trying to become like him. She's a huge DP leghumper. 

Which is actually quite hilarious since he sometimes posts things that are contradictory to hers. I want to tag Ken and Lori so bad. Or say "Great post, Dale...but your favorite Fans, Lor and Ken, say you're actually worshipping the devil!" Hahah

Someone posted a reference to this on TWW. They were talking about Doug Wilson, but it might be applicable here.

According to Wikipedia:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

30 minutes ago, refugee said:

Someone posted a reference to this on TWW. They were talking about Doug Wilson, but it might be applicable here.

Sorry for my ignorance here, but what is TWW?

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I read the entire exchange from the quote posted here from his profile and he sounds insane. Of course he hasn't "spanked" (translation: beat the shit out of) his wife, not because it's wrong, sinful behavior, but because she wouldn't dream of being anything less than submissive. Let me go throw up now.

I don't believe for a second that many women came to them for help. And if they did Lord be with those poor women who were told to put up with abuse. 

Holy cow those two are scary/nutty. She posted the blog link and I’m partially scared to go read it. I don’t know that they’ve mentored anyone either but they are definitely unbalanced. 

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

and her fancy schmancy food scale and carrot shredder (saw that on the How to make a big salad video)  And in one of her Always Learning post from a while back she claimed to teach her kids to be grateful by driving the gold Mercedes...

"It is a GREAT car for young boys to start off with.  They never got in trouble.  They went to a high school that had a lot of wealthy families in it.  We liked them driving that car.  We wanted them to not care about keeping up with the Jones' and material wealth.  We wanted them to not mind having old, used things."

old or gold....it's still a Mercedes. :huh:

Best comment of the day.   They are all trying to one-up each other on how much more frugal they are. Waiting for someone to say how they re-use toilet paper! HA

I'm guilty, too.   She looks like a Lori-wanna-be.  Most of it is just regurgitated stuff that she is supposed to believe.  

I know a fundie who makes her own "family cloths." Ewwww

2 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I just looked at the Dale Partridge page. I'm horrified by not only w hat he wrote but the number of family and friends I have that follow him.

Same here!! Ugh! Gag! Same with Matt Walsh 

1 hour ago, YourMamaKnew said:

Which is actually quite hilarious since he sometimes posts things that are contradictory to hers. I want to tag Ken and Lori so bad. Or say "Great post, Dale...but your favorite Fans, Lor and Ken, say you're actually worshipping the devil!" Hahah

Idk. He believes women can't learn spiritually from any other man aside from her husband. He's pretty inline with her. 

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

The Wartburg Watch.

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

@smittykins already answered this, but to expand on that, The Wartburg Watch is a “watchdog blog” that reports on spiritual abuse cases in various churches and religious organizations.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived